• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Second Best Wario Ware Employee: Mona for SSB4 (It's Been An Honor Serving Hot Slices Until Now)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mona would be a welcome addition to the roster. There are many factors in her favor - the popularity of Warioware and the gender gap among others.

D

Deleted member

Mona would be a welcome addition to the roster. There are many factors in her favor - the popularity of Warioware and the gender gap among others.
This is never in favor or against a character.
Characters don't get more "likely" because they have a pair of breasts and/or a vagina. (The and/or is for cases like Dixie Kong)

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I don't want her for gender gap reasons, but I feel as though she has a nice moveset potential and could add to the story mode.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Welcome aboard, fellow supporters! As Golden mentioned, she would be a great additon not just because of her gender, because of the moveset potential that she would have with her jobs/animals and the fact that she is another huge, reoccuring "face" of the Wario Ware games. There are a few months left until Game & Wario's release so that we can see her snapshot some criminals in style.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B.: Thanks! I know her odds aren't super likely (not impossible though), but I just think she'd be super cool and is one of my primary dark-horse character choices

TheCreator

Smash Lord
I support this character fully.
I love all the characters from warioware, and hope we get one. Mona would be great, although Jimmy T would be my personal pick.

:phone:

D

Deleted member

I'm starting to slide over to the Jimmy side as well, ever since Chrono posted about a dream he had regarding Smash 4, with Jimmy T. as a newcomer who fought by dancing. :awesome:

That, and apparently, he and Wario have been friends for quite a while.
Jimmy T. in WarioWare Inc.: Mega Microgame$! said:
I know Wario looks offbeat, but he and I go way back. Plus, he always sends me cell-mail!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I didn't expect anyone to bump this... But nevertheless glad that someone did.

Despite being unlikely, I support Mona!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Here's what I thought. If any WarioWare character (Mona, Jimmy T., ect) were to be in, they could give Wario a movset mostly based on Wario Land for equal representation. I heard a lot folks loathed the fact that he was mostly based on WarioWare and the massive lack of Wario Land content in Brawl.

To sum this up, Wario Land is underrated while WarioWare is overrated depending on the region.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I actually heard a lot of talk about ashly being playable pre brawl. Is she popular?

Yes. She has the most amount of fanart of all WarioWare characters (minus Wario) on Pixiv since Japan loves the gothic lolita fashion/archetype.

TheCreator

Smash Lord
Damn. That sucks ***. I want Jimmy T or some other WarioWare character.
I used to really want Dribble and Spitz, but I realized that was a lost cause.

I believe Mona is the likely choice for a second Wario character if it is WarioWare

If it is Wario Land the I say Captain Syrup

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Mona is actually the wario(ware) character I want the most, and I would love to see her in the next smash. I'd be more happy if she got in instead of other characters, she just seems more important in my opinion.

EDIT: still like Kat and Ana, though they might not have nearly as good of a chance.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
After Ashley, Mona is my choice for a WarioWare newcomer.

Then probably Dr. Crygor. :laugh:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jimmy T and Mona all the way!

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Mona is on my wish list. She would make a great fighter and could add a new female rep and a new Wario rep. Supporting! :?:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I support Mona. I feel that she's relatively underrated, as she is probably the most important WarioWare character next to Wario himself. Although I think that the demand for Ashley is higher for some reason. I honestly think that Mona would have a really interesting moveset.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
I think she'd be a great choice to represent the WarioWare series. That being said, if I had to choose between her and 9-Volt - 9-Volt would win hands down.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I support her. If Sakurai adds a second WarioWare character, I wouldn't mind if it's her, even though Ashley is my top pick.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Felt like giving this thread a Bumpety Bump. c:

I'd kinda like to see Wario Ware get one more character even if it seems a bit on the unlikely side. Either Mona or Ashley would be great, Jimmy T too.
Ah well, hope to at least see some more trophies from this series. :)

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I agree with you, I was already supporting Mona and Ashely pre-brawl so it would be really cool if one of the two could get in, especially since they both have lots of potential. I have a slight preference for Mona since she's been around longer and I like her personality as well.

Giving her moves based on the cutscenes in the Wario Ware games seems like a good idea, as well as taking inspiration from her jobs.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Though I honestly am not into the WarioWare series, as it is just not mine kind of game, I do find a lot of the characters in the series to be interesting, particularly Mona, Ashley, and Young Cricket. [EDIT] Oh, and 9-Volt is pretty cool, too.

If WarioWare did get a second character for Smash 4, I fancy it would most likely be Mona, for reasons stated by previous posters in this thread. Though, I will admit, I would prefer Young Cricket, as he is mine favourite WarioWare character.

I wonder what design Mona would have, if she did make it in. From what I have seen of some image galleries, she has quite the wardrobe. [Shrugs] I guess it would be her original design.

Anyhow, I am thinking about writing a detailed move set for her. Since she has seniority in the WarioWare series, it should not be too hard for me to gather ideas. Something tells me she has the potential to be a very unique and bizarre character in Super Smash Bros.

Last edited:

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I wonder why I'm not in the support list already.

While I prefer Ashley, Mona seems a more plausible choice. Especially since Rosalina is newcommer, as Ashley & Red could work in a similar way.

And Mona's look is really unique.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
After a while laziness (which Mona herself would hate), I added EVERY new supporter to the list after many topic revivals.

On an interesting topic, how would you feel if any Wario character, even Mona, made their first 3D debut in Mario Kart 8 and would that really boost their chances like Rosalina with 3D World?

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Well, Mona and Jimmy are the two best to represent WarioWare in the Mario series (except Wario of course).

If, for Smash Bros, Mona is a better idea for a fighter, as Jimmy moveset would be funky based on dance moves, and makes it less original with Wii Fit Trainer yoga moveset, the two could easily make good drivers in Mario kart 8. Especially Mona and her scooter.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Well, in Game & Wario, Jimmy T. is the most important character besides Wario, often acting as the "representative" of all of the employees when they're together. This may or may not mean he's taken over Mona's previous "2nd in command" spot, but either way, I think Mona's a pretty deserving rep for the WarioWare series. I would certainly rather have a second WarioWare rep and give Wario a good moveset than just let him keep his old one.

That said, I think a character like Ashley would be more unique, while Jimmy T. would probably be more capable of representing WarioWare's wackiness overall. Then again, Mona had the top spot for all of the employees before G&W, so it's all up in the air.

Also, Mona isn't Wario's woman, she just has a crush on him, as referenced by one of the game manuals (I can't seem to find which one).

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Wario Kart? Could be fun.

Let's not forget that in Mario Kart Double Dash, Wario have his Wario car from Warioland 4 (and it's referenced in the first Warioware), and that Diamond City appear as courses in Mario Kart Arcade GP.

Also, Mona already had a 3D appearance, in WarioWare Mega Party Games: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLIVYYDvvnM

And also, this fan art work quite well, even if I think she doesn't need a biker outfit.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'd love to see a few Wario Ware characters playable in the Mario Kart series. Especially Mona. Hey we got two Donkey Kong Country characters alongside Donkey Kong such as Diddy Kong and Funky Kong so there wouldn't be much harm to see one or two Wario Ware characters in Mario Kart wouldn't it? I kinda hope we get one for Mario Kart 8. :)

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Yep, that's true! Mario Kart got Funky Kong. Also, Mario Super Sluggers on Wii got a big cast from Donkey Kong: DK, Diddy, Dixie, Funky, K.Rool, even Tiny Kong and a Kritter!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Yeah, Jimmy would redundant since Wii Fit Trainer's moveset is close enough to a dance based moveset. Ashley basically the only one on par with Mona, though it depends if Sakurai want an abundance of magic users this time around. Mona would suit the overall WarioWare vibe with her moveset due to relying on the many objects associated with her jobs and she's even quirkier compared to the abformentioned two characters for that reason.

It would fair to have Wario's friends join the race since DK was allowed to invite his family and foes in certain Mario spinoffs. They wouldn't really have a problem fitting in since they are in a Mario-esque style in most games. We'll wait and see for now since they could be the new "R.O.B./Honey Queen".

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
Mona can definitely represent Warioware randomness with her jobs.

Also, I'd like to remind the humans characters from Mario Golf.

Yep, those are Mario characters. If they can fit, the Warioware cast can fit.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Well with Ashley confirmed as an assist trophy maybe Mona can have a shot.

Top Bottom