• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLBOI149lC0

So tell me how bad I am so changes can be made. Critique.
I'm just gonna critique your last match though. Since I don't really understand the Sonic match-up I'll just note when and why you got hit every time. Maybe I'll learn something too.

0:04
You start off the match going for a float dair that you hesitate on. It would have hit if you had actually gone in, but you pull back. You reset, which is fine, but you missed a good opportunity.

0:06
You go in for a bair, but you aim for the area in front of him. It would have worked if he had walked forward, but he dash attacks to punish. When you have him cornered against the ledge like that, I'd suggest either covering the area longer (you land the bair pretty early), or really just going in stronger without the hesitation.

0:18
The pressure there was extremely nice, but he avoids the fair, runs past you and bairs you. Uair wasn't the worst answer, but nair or airdodge would have saved you.

0:22
Having to land after parasol is never a good situation, but don't rely on the annoying tip hit to save you from much. Especially since you could have landed immediately if you had gone to the right.

0:23
You stop shielding for whatever reason.

0:24
You double jump out of the hitstun into a bair. Not a lot you could have done here besides parasol, since a nair or airdodge would have dropped you pretty low, but still a poor choice. That prior hit was really good for Tesh.

0:30
He jumps over your turnip right after you pull it and hits with a nair. He saw the obvious throw coming, so some creativity with the turnip would have saved you. A reverse glidetoss would have given you an escape.

0:35
Tesh takes advantage of your empty jump with a homing attack. Needs more cover imo.

0:38
You cover your fsmash on shield with a jab perfectly, but he tags you with a jab in between your next jabs. An ftilt would have been a strong hit after the first jab. Jabs are cool though.

0:49
Ah, I see a pattern. You pull a turnip and immediately go for a forward glidetoss. Pretty bad decision considering he was charging a spindash, he went underneath the whole thing.

1:01
Oh no your fsmash is facing the wrong way.

1:22
You cover the landing with a cool bair, but instead of dsmashing or grabbing, you go for a jump which gets grabbed.

1:28
Random fsmash at a distance.

You take the first stock, and I'll stop there. You really have an underrated Peach Spyker, you do a lot of things with float and turnips that are original, but at least based on this stock you have some poor moveset choices when in the air. Your attacks out of jumps need to be faster, and your turnips need to be a used a tad wiser and more decisively, not just thrown to be thrown. With Sonic's capability to punish any opening, you can't afford to be slow. I like the advice that was given to me: "be faster". Don't leave yourself open, always have an attack to answer back with - that attack needs to be out there immediately.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Don't approach when you have those kinds of leads on Sonic, sit back and wall him out with dair, nair and bair; and toss turnips at him (or upward to cover yourself) if there are any intervals to do so. Make him do all of work in that situation, he's a character that I've always believed to capitalize more on his opponent's mistakes and impatience than anything, so don't feed him approaches and lengthy whiffs, that's what he wants. Play a defensive, reactionary game and don't sweat it too much if you trade hits since chances are he'll take more damage from the exchange anyway. Play to keep your lead and expose his openings when he's forced to approach.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Spyker, you also seem as though you're always trying to predict what will happen like five seconds into the future.

It's really great at times, but usually it will put you into terrible positions if your punish/read is wayyy off.

Try being more reactive (Out of shield moves if they hit your shield, better spacing, camping) than proactive for now.

Another tip is to really watch what you do around kill percentages. There are too many instances where you could have just sat in shield and waited for the opponent to make an error so you could punish, but instead you just threw out a random move and got killed for it.

After you get your kill be really cautious about the moves you choose. Try to get in chip damage for a good lead on the next stock. Refrain from doing laggy moves that could do the same amount of damage as a regular move (ex. Fsmash compared to Ftilt) or whatever.

It seems as though you have great character control and a great Peach. You just need to figure out how to play Brawl, lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
That last sentence...so true, lol. A lot of people, myself included at times, try to play in a fashion that requires us to out-think or out-predict our opponents rather than trying to out-exploit or out-gay them; which is ironically what people seem to flourish from in Brawl. Derp.

lain

Smash Master

Tesh

Smash Hero
I namesearched my way in here. That Sonic isn't me, I would have camped more and lost.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I'm the Sonic that Dinah was playing against in that set.

I'm shocked he didn't pluck out a single Beam Sword during those games, he typically does that when we play on wifi.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Welp, the videos from my last tournament are up. If you guys read my post in the tournament thread, you should know I'm really not happy with how I played. I'm only really happy with my first game against Ook, I suicided early in game 2 against him, and the rest was downhill from there. I was being stupid, overaggressive, and I kept suiciding because of how frustrated I was with myself... so yeah. I'm still gonna post the videos here for critique, but I'd rather not have them go up on the front page except maybe the first game vs Ook.

vs. Ook :dk2: 1 2

vs. Arty :metaknight:/:falco:/:gw: 1, 2, and 3 Oh, one thing about game 3, towards the end of the match, my controller started acting up, and instead of getting the jump out of shields and other out of shield options I was trying, I was getting a lot of rolls and empty short hops, I don't typically roll while someone is attacking me, that's just asking to get hit.

vs. StarbasedFruit :falco: 1 and 2

vs. Meneil :ike: 1 and 2

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I'm the Sonic that Dinah was playing against in that set.

I'm shocked he didn't pluck out a single Beam Sword during those games, he typically does that when we play on wifi.
Whenever I pull up a Beamsword I end up losing it in the same second as soon as I get hit, and I hate it! :mad:

Thanks for the feedback guys! Guess my focus is lacking somewhat, I know I'm not that bad at reacting to things. Maybe I'd still have my dollar if I played a bit cautious and planned better. lol

z00ted

ohohoho that's lain

*illmatic puts on mod cap*

Guys, this isn't a social - I WILL hand out infractions.

Nordal

Smash Lord
Well now I'm curious as to what you wrote Nicole. And because this post has your name in it I'll bet you found it by searching instead of looking up the most recent post.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
This may sound kinda dooshie and I apologize for saying this but I feel that videos of peach matches need to be of them winning... Sure I can see maybe watching the vids of losing show us something's to learn from but I would actually like to know how to win vs certain ppl/characters lol

I think we should get rid of all the losing matches and start a new line up where we put only winning ones. We peach mains need to all step it up and keep these old vids of losing away from our posts so we can have a more positive vibe towards our character. Instead of the usual I can't kill or my character sucks compared to others.

Btw sry for randomness. I never post on peach boards lol

:phone:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I thought we talked about those random backward Toads.
Pay closer attention to why I might have used it in that situation. Lain was at over 100, Gio was below him. Lain would have been killed because he would have been in the furthest part of SL's curve away from me by the time toad would have activated and shot its spores, making the hit that much more lethal. In fact, I've killed many MKs with reverse toad who try to shuttle loop me. It's not being expunged from my game anytime soon simply because it's a high risk maneuver. If you have any better options I could have utilized in that specific situation against not one, but two MKs edgeguarding me that wouldn't have resulted in me eventually being killed anyway; then by all means let's hear it.

I have a lot of more useful little trinkets that I need to start sharing with you all, actually. One of which being something that I took one of Tiger's stocks with in pools: airdodge turnip drop to u-smash (although it can be strung into multiple different things depending on your positioning at the time the turnip makes contact). She said verbatim: "I've never seen a Peach do that before". That's what we want to hear more of from everyone we play.

z00ted

I know what King Beef is talking about with Toad and Metaknight's SL, I do it all the time.
Toad is pretty good if your opponent if just falling into the same old habits, I've been using him wayy more often.

It's really good against characters who have projectiles, just like run up to Pikachu or Falco and Toad, it throws them way off and it's sooo funny lol.

That up-smash thing sounds tasty and probably works. Gimme a vid, foo.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
@ Meno- Blah blah blah, you only get that because America is ******** and ignorant when it comes to "OHMAIGAWDD slidey pulls n stuff!!!". <3

@ Illmatic- Yessir, that's the basic premise of it. Only in this case I was without options that would have won me the game anyway, so I decided to take a huge risk and attempt to kill Lain so I could have a better chance at ****** Gio (<3 you Gio), but unfortunately it didn't pan out. The u-smash thing was on a non-recording setup, but I'll try and record what I'm talking about in a sort of guide video soon.

Oh and.

More vids.

$5 Money match - King Beef vs. Seagull

$5 Money match - King Beef vs. Luckay4Lyphe

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Easier said than done, Rick. Seagull knows the Peach matchup like the back of his hand. The only other Wolf who ***** me harder was Kain. That matchup is a pain in the *** because Wolf can out-box Peach all day and has the tools to punish some of her best spacing and pressure tactics. Not to mention his jab and shine as GTFO options...ugh.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Easier said than done, Rick. Seagull knows the Peach matchup like the back of his hand. The only other Wolf who ***** me harder was Kain. That matchup is a pain in the *** because Wolf can out-box Peach all day and has the tools to punish some of her best spacing and pressure tactics. Not to mention his jab and shine as GTFO options...ugh.

I can agree with this, because I play Kain pretty regularly. But I also agree with Rick, you kept using your second jump, or just jumping unnecessarily and getting bair'd a lot. The best thing to do against Wolf, I've found, is to stay closer to the ground. Bair just knocks us out of the air too easily, and it's hard to react to while floating, because of Wolf's aerial mobility. I typically stay grounded, and only go into the air for punishes, or when I'm close enough to them where they can't get in the air fast enough to bair. Also ftilt is awesome against a Wolf in the air. The MU seems more reactive than proactive, to me. Wolf has the tools to stop us when we are the aggressor, but we can do the same back to him.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
KB from watching your wolf match I can already see that a ground peach is the way to go. I always feel odd when I see a peach dair someone's shield and the opponent looks like they don't know or can't punish it if you do it again. Perhaps down throwing turnips grounded like someone *I don't remember * suggested we could try would be good against this? Like Nair afterwards or jab even? He waits till you throw that turnip on that reflector. Even if he reads this old habits die hard.
I hope someone gets what I'm saying lol.

SuperSayianRenan

Smash Journeyman
Thank me for. Logic and seagull lmfao. Sry peach mains :p. And I taste salt in these posts. Geez... I can explain how to play gull if you would like :p?

Something to do with using peach's sucky airdodge? Tho I don't find it that sucky. It's just the timing to use it is disgustingly hard :p

Kb can you describe what exactly happened and your positions? I would like to test. Btw. Legit match with seagull. Gotta remember that pull to ledge float nair. Very cute lol

Nicole

Smash Champion
wolf is like 40:60 for us imo. hate that mu. played some silly friendlies with kain that were fun at brainshock but if he'd been camping it would've been hell.

also kb stuff like that turnip drop to usmash doesnt usually work on really good players. mindgames are alot harder on good players cause they just attack you and keep you out. you dont often get to go in that close. whenever i play good players like at0msk or a11y i hardly get to practice that stuff cause every time i get close they just swat me away. bait and punish is much better - you just end up getting punished for trying to be cool. thats just my experience tho...

Top Bottom