• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Lots of school districts have this thing where classes have to start after Labor Day.

High school really kind of sucks because it's just preparing you for real school, college. All of my professors are pretty awesome.

I get a week off in mid Decmeber. But it's called "Dead Week" and it's the week before finals, so I guess it's not such a good thing.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I started first day of September. We were supposed to get a four day weekend (Friday -> Monday) with school on the 1st and 2nd but our school had AC problems so they changed day 1 to a half day to let the custodians fix the issues. Turns out they skipped out and so they gave us a half day on the second day. Now our AC shoots cool air...right up into the ceiling. Since we lack walls there's no circulation and the cool air basically collects high up near the ceiling.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I wish my school could do something about the gyms AC...It's so hot and muggy in there...Even in the mornings...:(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So.. I built two Pokemon Decks out of my girlfriend's old Pokemon TCG stash. She won (She had Water/Electric deck to my Fire/Fighting, lol), but it was really fun. Pokemon TCG has so many more layers than I thought it would have O_o and thats just from getting started. Getting some Starter Decks at Walmart this week, so excited<3

And Wave, Highschool takes about 35 hours of your life away. College doesn't. I'm a year behind (sadly, lol) to College, but I won't be taking 35 hours of classes, infact who does?

...It really prepares you for working, which is lulz

M.K

Level 55
I caved yesterday and bought a pack of Pokemon cards, something I probably have not done in 10 years.
Crazy stuff, I'm addicted once more. Gotta get a holo to use as a bookmark X__X

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I caved yesterday and bought a pack of Pokemon cards, something I probably have not done in 10 years.
Crazy stuff, I'm addicted once more. Gotta get a holo to use as a bookmark X__X
I've tempted to go buy some new Pokemon cards, too. I have a bunch of holographs from the Legend Maker, Delta Species era and etc.

Such nostalgia.
The smell of the cards....oh my god, it's literally like cocaine.
All this is <3. I worked excessivly this week to get a bunch of cards, I actually want to get back into it, playing is such fun T_T.

Also got my melee copy in mail today<3.

On a third note...I was on lolMaplestory(gone for good) when Salamence got banned to Ubers, so does that mean Latias/Salamence is perma? Honestly, since I breed, I can't say I care about battling until 5th gen, but the sheer fact they did that is big news. :3

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ No I had it, but I had it sent to.... Utah back when my girlfriend lived there, as she wanted to play it. I'm finally getting it sent back from her sister, since she forgot to bring it here with her (-_-)

Dude...Melee is so much more fun too XD

XACE-K

Smash Master
Dude...Melee is so much more fun too XD
Well duh, it's Melee. Melee Falcon by himself > Brawl.

As for something Pokemon related, I love anything that chooses Pokemon for you (Battle Factory & Challenge Cup in PS2). No idea why, I just love it.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
And Wave, Highschool takes about 35 hours of your life away. College doesn't. I'm a year behind (sadly, lol) to College, but I won't be taking 35 hours of classes, infact who does?
You know what they say, for every hour you spend in class, you spend two outside of class. That's a full-time job right here.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
So it's quarter to one in the morning on a school day, and here I am staying up late doing homework because my teacher spelt my name wrong in my email address.

FMLLLLL :( :mad: :( :cry:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lets just say, I'm getting paid to work, and I work less than I went to school usually. Oh and it profits, unlike half the crap you do in school (lolelectives?)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
My electives are fun. Econ 101 has real-life application, plus I like economics (enough so that I'm probably going to be minoring it). My only other elective is Psych 280, social psychology, which is like fifty kinds of fascinating.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm delayed for paperwork as far as College/University goes until next year, but I know thats usually rougher than a job. As for high school... it was/is a joke usually, unless your the AP kinda guy then yeah it can be pretty rough.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Deng I bet you're stressed a lot. But I know a job more stressful : Brain Surgeon!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I thought we were talking about college too. Or at least, school in general.

Also, I kind of want to change my avatar back to Ty Lee.

Cubes

Smash Cadet
Ahh. Those are college courses, correct? Most of us are still in high school, so apologies for jumping to a conclusion.
Hey, no biggie. I was one of those "6-7 AP courses" people (it was technically IB, which is even worse), and I can tell you that those AP/IB courses really aren't that bad.

Moozle

Smash Champion
Also, I kind of want to change my avatar back to Ty Lee.
Do it. She's awesome.

I'm taking 4 AP classes this year :( I'm a senior, and this is the first time i've actually had to do a ton of homework every night. I hate homework.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The school year isn't getting off to a good start for me. My teachers loaded me up with homework on the first night of school (which was Thursday). I was so unhappy for various reasons and tired out from school and work that I was ready to go to bed at 9 for the first time in a long time, but didn't finish my work until about 1 AM. Note: I hate translating The Aeneid.

The icing on top of the cake is that, for one, my school only has AC in one of three of the wings in the school. Why? Because they like to waste money on stupid things like putting letters in the front hallway instead of fixing the lack of AC which has been a problem for years.

Also, one of my friends has decided to take an EXTREMELY lax schedule, only taking one AP (Stat, which I'm also taking), and taking so few courses that he gets three free periods, one of which is the last period of the day and other periods sometimes coincide to be right before that, meaning he gets out early. He's practically rubbing it in my face and when I said I hated him for being able to get out at 1 PM (normally we get out at 2:30) while I would be in AP Literature, he responded by saying that it was my choice to take AP Literature and therefore my fault that I didn't have the last period of the day off.

I'd imagine it'll come back to haunt him, since I think he's somewhat interested in going into engineering and computers and that sort of stuff and yet got annoyed when one of my college friends told him that he really should've taken AP Calc. It's stupid, because he's an intelligent person, and he always seems to make a big deal out of the fact that he's an overachiever, but he overachieves in lower-level classes. He dropped down a level in social studies back in Sophomore year because he got a B on a test he studied really hard for, and has since gone on to complain about the teacher he had for that class for a mere two weeks, when he was seriously the best teacher I've ever had.

I also forgot how much I hated people until I had to battle my way through the hallways once again. And deal with tons of traffic around the school.

Eh, well, that's my rant for the day.

tl;dr: I hate people.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
I just have two AP classes, a harder Literature class, some Online Physics, and easy-mode history. It isn't terrible, but Math is seriously horrifying for me.

Someone help me out on this math problem: How would I solve this?

2 / x < [3 / (x - 4)]

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
It makes it a lot easier if you simplify it to look like this:

(Accidentally saved it as a JPEG, but, oh well)

From there, you'd just cross-multiply, doing 2 * (x-4) and 3 * x.

That'll give you 2x - 8 < 3x.

Then it's just a matter of subtracting the 'x's to give you the answer of x > -8.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Multiply both sides by x

2 < 3x / (x - 4)

Multiple both sides by (x - 4)

2x - 8 < 3x

Subtract 2x from both sides

-8 < x

HEY FIRUS YOU'RE A STINKY NINJA YOU KNOW THAT

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Thanks bros. I got it.

Also, epic dubz at /vp/.

EDIT: I suppose there are also domain restrictions to add to that. Yeah x =/= 0 or 4. W/e I got it.

EDIT2: Bah more questions. I have no idea how to do it like that, Firus (your .jpeg thingy)

Solve for x

x^4 + 8x^3 + 21x^2 + 18x ≤ 0

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
@246 on SS Pokedex... it's getting there. >_> God I hate doing it yet again...

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
I never took any AP courses because I knew I wasn't going to go to college.

College is a scam, and high school (and the media/society in general) tries to force that scam onto you. I refuse to even apply because the American college system sickens me.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I don't agree that college is a scam (over priced maybe) but there is a certain amount of 'brainwashing' that goes into the system. Firus, your friend is kind of right, those AP classes most likely won't matter when it comes to college. I took AP classes as well, as long as you can pay your tuition they don't give a **** about what you did in high school.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
I'm only a freshman (high-school level), but I'm in all three available honors classes in my grade, and will be moving on to the AP tracks for many classes as soon as I'm in a grade where they're offered.

I got most of the homework-loving teachers. :/ I have three interviews, two more to be written from a book character's POV, a long review over a book, a gigantic "significant moments" worksheet, and whatever else we're assigned for the one class due Thursday and Friday, and whatever else we managed to get assigned in other classes. On top of marching band practice and scouts. .____.
Fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom