• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

M.K

Level 55
I was roaming around Cold Storage training a bit for the 5th Gym.
Went for a Shaking Grass patch, totally expecting Audino.

Wild
Stoutland
appears!

I was like ".......lolwut?!"

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Am I the only one that absolutely refused to use non-attacking moves when I was little? I remember pretty much thinking "if I can't damage my enemy then the move sucks."

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
lol yeah

its actually more effective to go all out attacking in game, since the game allows you to counter every pokemon right as they come in.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
There are some exceptions, mostly against gym leaders and stuff, and it's a nice way to get around potentially annoying stuff like OHKO and evasion moves.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
the only thing that had a non-attacking move was snorlax

i sat there and used amnesia all dai

but i got rid of amnesia on my mewtwo and gave it swift cuz i never wanted to miss LOL

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Am I the only one that absolutely refused to use non-attacking moves when I was little? I remember pretty much thinking "if I can't damage my enemy then the move sucks."
I did the same thing too. Except for status changing moves (i.e. confuse ray), of course. I erased moves like 'tail whip' at the first opportunity I had. :)

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
we on the pacific west coast are bracing ourselves for tsunami warnings. the scheduled tsunami has been active for i'd say about 2 hours, but the swells are not very bad here at all. i hope it stays this way, i have a class today which is fairly close to a bay

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
looks like we're in pretty good shape here in san fran. i've been watching footage from japan though.. some parts of that country are absolutely devastated.

i saw footage of the tanker explosion, and it's hard to believe explosions like that still happen these days. it's surreal, but it happened

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
haha, honestly it was pokemon stadium and pokemon stadium 2 that taught me competitive pokemon in my early days. prime cup final round's leech seed celebi and karen's toxic stalling umbreon (toxic, confuse ray, double team, ATTRACT) were some of my worst enemies.

needless to say, my pokemon were attracted to that umbreon.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i hope so too

thanks to engineering and general well-preparedness in japan, deaths and injuries were kept to a minimum. the hundreds is very tragic, but i am thankful that their safety precautions prevented this from being in the thousands.

all jokes aside, pokemon ruby/sapphire and kyogre/groudon were actually created to express a reflection of these natural disasters common to japan

the game's story themes are interesting

rbygsc: not much apart from good prevailing over evil. team rocket was straight up gangster

rse: humans subject to the power of nature

dpp: metaphysics, the order of the universe. cyrus wanted to change it to follow his rules (no emotions = no confict = peace)

bw:
pursuing dreams, connection with pokemon as companions. plasma wanted to "free" pokemon, but separating pokemon from people would make people sad.

N is one of the weirdest characters to ever grace the pokemon games. i dont know whether to like him or not. just a weird guy.

overall the bw story got very philosophical LOL, i didn't expect myself to think about life that much while playing the game. they really tried to express the theme super directl this time.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Are sure the games are actually deep and it's not the players looking too hard for meaning?

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
trust me, the themes in gen's 3, 4, and 5 are quite apparent. 5 is by far the most philosophical, i personally got tired of all the talk about truth and ideals with ghetsis/n/alder.

gens 1 and 2 were pretty much good vs evil, but they didn't really push you to think about it. team rocket was, like i said, just straight up gangster. they didn't have any misguided plans to change the world, they were just a crime syndicate.

giovanni = best boss of all time.

archie and maxie = lame
cyrus = garbage
ghetsis = weird, but cooler than those guys. only by a little bit.
N = very very strange, interesting character. just wait till you guys see his room... god, that was a well done scene. i was legitimately creeped out. the musical ambience reminded me of lavender town.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I really agree about N. And he's honestly probably my favorite "antagonist" from any Pokemon game.

I wish they would have gone darker with Cheren though. Like
stealing Zekrom/Reshiram from N in a thirst for power and then use it to attempt to destroy the main character and become the most powerful trainer in the world, at which point the epic rivalry battle would take place and you'd win, and then Cheren would be emotionally destroyed and discover the need for balance to become the best other than just power that way
. But this is a kid's game, so of course they wouldn't do that.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I am getting sick of all these crits, I swear my game has a double Hax rate...

Bianca is annoying, "I'm never any good, daddy I don't wanna stay home, daddy please understand....ung..." At Least Cheren is cool, even if he is power hungry.

EDIT: Whoa not having watched TV I didn't notice the Tsunami, no one at school was even talking about it, my heart is out to all of Japan.

M.K

Level 55
I'm going to pray for Japan tonight. The damage is really hard to look at, and I'm sure many families were torn in half during this horrible turn of events.
Hopefully the Japanese government and population can spring back from this nightmare.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm going to pray for Japan tonight. The damage is really hard to look at, and I'm sure many families were torn in half during this horrible turn of events.
Hopefully the Japanese government and population can spring back from this nightmare.
Agreed a LOT of good people like us just lost their homes as well as family members or friends today.

Prayers to all of the people out there.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I have faith in them. They prepare themselves exceptionally well for earthquakes, and an 8.9 is a sure test of their technology. Many of their buildings, even under the stress of a massive one like that, only swayed in the face of it. They know they live in an area especially susceptible to earthquakes and they've done the best they can. A good side to this is the fact that this will be the best recorded earthquake ever, and they can learn from the nature of this one what to suspect from upcoming ones. I'm pretty certain that Japan will eventually become earthquake proof entirely. The fact that this one was so big is speeding them up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom