• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mewter

Smash Master
The meta-game sucks all the fun out of Pokemon imo.
But that's probably because I stink at it. :p

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lol I played Final Fantasy XI for nearly four years and racked up 893 days playtime before I quit. I had a reason though. I met my girlfriend (whom lives with me now) there so I spent my life on that game. I regret not being social in real life, but oh well.

Pokemon may be a 1000 hours, but nothing compared to that mmo. (Which I was godly yet) Good thing is we don't play mmos, we play Console/Hand Held and spend most time doing real life stuff.

Anyways, have you guys ever heard of Swordquest for Atari. Old 1983 games that held contests with prizes that were insane.
They held weird tourneys to see who could unravel all the game's puzzels via game/magazines/pictures, etc and whoever did the best got the prizes.
They consisted of pure gold medallian with diamonds, rubys, saphires, emeralds, and a posidion crown, pandora's box (big box), and some ring or something with the gold/jewel description. The best part was the winner that could find the ultimate four secrets or some crap got a gold hilt with all those gemstones with a silver blade sword. The sword is a beast. Sadly, only the medallion/ring thing was awarded, the other 3 went to the new Ceo of Atari when they filed bankruptcy. Sad, he has over 100k in gamerdise and he isn't a gamer! I'd kill for that sword.

Angry Video Game Nerd did an episode on all this. (Search AVGN Cinnemassacre and watch the Swordquest vid), it's sad, in two ways.

A) No one got the coolest of the items.

B) These items have an overall value of 100k+ and makes Halo/Brawl/Whatever mlg prizes look so meh.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Guys, I just realized, the children who grew up with pokemon all their life are soong going out into the world of cartoons, video games, and entertainment, based on pokemon fan art, I expect us to usher in something new. Pokemon fanart is something else entierly, some of it is very beautfiul, very creative, and shows just how much the surreal design of pokemon has effected our take on the arts.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I just swept the E4 in one go in Yellow. I lost Pikachu twice (because unevolved Pokémon are crap, surprise surprise), but other than that it was smooth sailing. I still don't get how I had such a perfectly well-prepared team for the E4 that I only used ONE healing item, and that was a Max Revive for Pikachu (I was too lazy to get rid of items so I could get a regular Revive, already had 2 Max ones), yet I didn't go to the E4 until I realized I hadn't done so yet.

The only thing that actually did give me problems was Moltres. Apparently your balls will miss incessantly unless it's Paralyzed -- at which point it'll be caught on the first try.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
maplestory is where it's at, yo!
I don't tell too many people this, but back in 2006/2007, I was BOTH the #4 AND #5 on my GMS server (Broa), reaching level 150, and 148. And then I got banned. I still have a couple of my accounts, but man, oh man... that game is muking ****tacular.

Oh, and welcome back, Articanus!

Spire

III
BRoomer
I just remembered that I had a Lv. 8 Cyndaquil on SS. Yeah, I put him in the PC early on and forgot about him. If I ever go back to that thing, it'll be once I get a Kanto and Hoenn starter to accompany him. Probably gonna do a fire run through the game with Charizard, Typhlosion, and Blaziken. Or a mixed run with Blastoise, Typhlosion, and Sceptile.

Oracle

Smash Master
Check out the new avatar. Man digglet is amazing.

also Venusaur Typhlosion Swampert >Blastoise Typhlosion Sceptile

Bowser_Gangsta

Smash Lord
ARGH!

Has anyone had an experience with Wisdom Teeth? I just found I have one growing because it's litterally growing into my cheek :mad: And if you had one pulled, what were the drugs like? Because Seeing people on Youtube all doped up makes me scared that I might say something I wouldn't want to soberly...

@CRASHiC Is that Arcanine looking up her skirt?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I've had my wisdom teeth for a while now, and I'm having literally no problems with it.

I'm either really lucky or completely oblivious to the pain it brings.

-Terywj

flyinfilipino

Smash Master
Hahaha!

Also, since I can't post in the Research Forum and that's where the SmashCAP threads are :ohwell:, here the Pokedex entries I came up with for Lilibelle (yes Metal~Mario, you beat me to posting):

- It was once said to be only an apparition caused by swamp gases. It glides mysteriously above murky swamp waters.
- Its body gives off a pale, eerie light. It scatters its spores as it dances gracefully deep within secluded bogs.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
ARGH!

Has anyone had an experience with Wisdom Teeth? I just found I have one growing because it's litterally growing into my cheek :mad: And if you had one pulled, what were the drugs like? Because Seeing people on Youtube all doped up makes me scared that I might say something I wouldn't want to soberly...
One of my wisdom Teeth is growing sideways.

It's strange seeing it on my X-Ray.

I'm supposed to get them removed but my parents can't afford it.

Oracle

Smash Master
I had my wisdom teeth taken out this summer. It wasn't bad at all. All they did was put an IV type thing with anesthesia and I pretty much don't remember anything past that until I was sitting in a chair afterwards.

What sucks is afterwards where your mouth bleeds, you have to rinse it with saltwater often, and you can't eat anything crunchy for two weeks or so :/

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
I had my premolars yanked due to limited mouth space (contrary to my brothers and Dad, I do NOT have a big mouth :chuckle:) and had to go though the same deal.

Having really dry lips and bandages in your mouth sucks initially, but you get used to it.

I really hated not being able to eat chips, though :(

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
My wisdom teeth are grown in, and feel completely fine. I had four teeth pulled in order to fix my overbite and put in braces when I was 12. So now, they are my new teeth.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
My wisdom teeth are grown in, and feel completely fine. I had four teeth pulled in order to fix my overbite and put in braces when I was 12. So now, they are my new teeth.
So removing wisdom teeth isn't completely necessary. This is good to know for me, since I have yet to occur any problems with my wisdom teeth and am in no financial situation to pay for it.

-Terywj

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Most people have to have them pulled. My stepmother is terrified of the doctor, and didn't get them pulled, now her mouth is a horrid wreck. If your dentist recommends you too, do it.

Metal~Mario

Smash Lord
So removing wisdom teeth isn't completely necessary. This is good to know for me, since I have yet to occur any problems with my wisdom teeth and am in no financial situation to pay for it.

-Terywj
It usually will be because most peoples' mouths don't have room for wisdom teeth. They were used for prehistoric meal-chewing, which is why they're useless. Or so my dentist sez.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I have to get mine removed. They haven't grown in yet but I've had extensive dental work done so I will need them to be pulled. I'm just hoping they can do all four at one time so this will be the last dental surgery I will have to go through. >>

Zook

Perpetual Lazy Bum
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/GrJPoxeV7Us&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/GrJPoxeV7Us&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Tacel

Smash Lord
Oscar is awesome but Cookie Monster is the best.

Speaking of which, has anybody seen Cookie Monster on the Colbert Report?
Watch it.
Epic win, my friends. Epic win.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I dont understand how Team Rocket always fails at stalking Ash even though they have an Ubers pokemon on their team. That just shows what incompetent boobs they are >_<

HotWings

Smash Ace
Hey guys i just finished watching the new season of Deadliest Warrior (first episode) and it was just awesome.

So anyways during a commercial i was chaseing down a waterbug and finally killed it (i hate bugs) so my brother got some plastic forks for some reason to try to kill it and he kept them in our room... he got hyped up over the show and wanted to fight me. I told him i was tired of the blood and scars that we both get (mainly me because i dont like to hurt others) and he was swinging the forks around... close combat and plastic but can still cut. So i disarm one of his forks and he slices my leg pretty bad. It is def. going to leave another scar. Then b4 i could react he slit my finger and i didnt realize it at the time because i as busy punching him from anger that when i finally just told him enough was enough and i went in the bathroom to see how bad it was... i think he cut a nerve because my finger literally looks ********. It curls up and i cant do anything about it. The cut was very close if not on one of my veins in my finger so im really not sure if the curl in the finger is permanent or not.

I know this was off-topic but i felt like shareing and would like to ask if i should see a doctor and see if it cut a nerve or not or should i wait a few days and see if it still curls.

Thanks for your time.

HotWings

Smash Ace
Thats what i was trying to say lol. It was SWAT vs GSG-9. It was pretty epic... tell me if you want to know who won or not. I dont want to give away spoilers if you dont want me to xD

HotWings

Smash Ace
Well it was a team battle and SWAT won with 1 guy left. It was pretty epic and i see a lot of good stuff coming out of season 2 :)

Mewter

Smash Master
I know this was off-topic but i felt like shareing and would like to ask if i should see a doctor and see if it cut a nerve or not or should i wait a few days and see if it still curls.

Thanks for your time.
Well, that definitely doesn't sound like normal finger behavior. :p
I would maybe see a doctor about that (depends on how severe it is), if it continues into tomorrow or the next day without letting up. It's never too bad a thing to consult someone who may have had something like that about that either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom