• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Superlatives - Strongest attacks in each category

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
OK, so I got bored when I got home and actually went through the process of testing each and every character's throws. I thought about making a new thread, but I realized the throws by themselves wouldn't make for a good post. Maybe I'll type it out later.
------------------------------------------------------------
I used Mario as the guinea pig because... well, it's just easier to use him as the default. I used Final Destination as the stage for the same reason.
After testing the damage for each throw and getting a feel for its power, I set the CPU damage to 200 and used each one from the center of FD. If it got a KO, I repeated the throw with decreasing damage until he didn't die anymore.
All of these are done with no DI, so the actual percentages are probably slightly higher.

Forward Throw - Olimar with a blue Pikmin (which will be a recurring theme) kills at 162%.
Forward throws just aren't cut out for killing apparently. Lucario's will kill at around 145% when his aura is maxed, but otherwise it was pretty light.
The blue Pikmin also deals the most damage, tied with Ganondorf at 13%.

Back Throw - Ness's amazingly good back throw returns for a third time. It starts killing at about 119% and just gets better from there.
Olimar and his blue minion weigh in at 136%, with Luigi coming in at 151%.
Dedede claims the most damaging throw in the game with his back-throw (a whopping 16%!!!)

Down Throw - Lucas has a surprisingly strong down-throw that sends off the top at about 141%, but Squirtle is a close second at 148%, and his kills off the side.
Five-way tie in strength between Bowser, Kirby, Olimar with blue (again), Wolf, and Snake, all dealing 12%. Kirby's and Wolf's can be good for combos, but the others are mediocre (or in Snake's case, just plain bad).

Up Throw - Good God! Olimar's throws are so strong it's ********. He can end your existence at 112% if he has a purple Pikmin available!!! And it only gets worse. If he has one of those **** blue ones, he can still kill you at 137%!
Respectable showings from Ivysaur (150%), Lucas (151%), and Charizard (157%) make up-throws the most concentrated section of death. It's not Mewtwo, but it's something to be wary of.
As far as damage goes, Meta Knight and Sonic each deal 12% with their throws.

As a summary, the overall strongest throws in the game are as follows:
1. Olimar (purple): Up-throw
2. Ness: Back-throw
3. Olimar (blue): Back-throw
4. Olimar (blue): Up-throw
5. Lucas: Down-throw

The lesson? Don't get grabbed by space gardners or pre-pubescent psychics!

metroid1117

Smash Master
OrlanduEX said:
Uair - Zelda's magical flame burst thing.
Ivysaur's floating spore burst uair comes second.
Or maybe that's Ike's whirling overhead slash....
Peach, Snake and Ganondorf also have notable uairs.
Did you actually test these? You say you did at the top, but I'm just curious because you seem uncertain about the order between Ivysaur and Ike. Although this is biased, I would imagine Ike's UAir being stronger - his UAir kills at slightly higher %s than his USmash.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I think some categories should have more moves mentioned. While Dtilts aren't very powerful, mentioning only 3 Usmashes is almost ridiculous, since that leaves out such absurdly powerful moves as GaWs, DKs, Fox' and Zeldas Usmash...

Snail

Smash Lord
Where are the throws? (:

KOing rates without DI:

Forward throw:

Lucario at 200% (KO: 140%)
Olimar (blue) (KO: 156%)

Bthrow:

Ness (KO: 112%) <- Strongest throw in the game

Dthrow:

Lucas (KO: 141%)

Uthrow:

Olimar (purple) (KO: 114%)

^ According to the "time to throw down" thread. I'm not sure whether these numbers are correct (especially since UnSaxon51 came up with different ones).

StarshipGroove

Smash Journeyman
Two notable things are that Lucas has the most damaging Up-b in the game (43% all hits) and that Bowser has the most damaging F-Smash in the game (33%, two hits, from point blank range)

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
ROB BY FAR has the best Uair in the game. its so easy to land, you can sorta combo into it, rarely combo out of it, use for coverage options and airdodge abuse, and if you land all hits its like 28 damage or something. its insane.

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
ROB BY FAR has the best Uair in the game. its so easy to land, you can sorta combo into it, rarely combo out of it, use for coverage options and airdodge abuse, and if you land all hits its like 28 damage or something. its insane.
Gay Man Watch would like a word with you.

And Wario...

MorphedChaos

Smash Lord
You forgot Warioman and Giga bowser!

Those two are Godly, and Giga bowser has the most powerful down throw in the game... GIGA BOWSER ****!

I've seen it kill at 70% before...

caelestis

Smash Rookie
you got the pokemon wrong dioxas or however you spell it i think kills anyone that it hits at zero percent

ShoeThief

Smash Apprentice
What percentage does Squirtle's dthrow kill? I've seen it used as a kill move before.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
D3's FSmash kills at 46%, according to the official guide. Lowest of all, I believe.

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
^ According to the "time to throw down" thread. I'm not sure whether these numbers are correct (especially since UnSaxon51 came up with different ones).
It's funny that you wrote this since I'm also the one who compiled the "Throw Down" thread. The numbers in that thread (the ones you posted) are more accurate, because I re-tested them without Directional Influence.

And Squirtle's D-throw starts killing at around 150% (depending on character) from the center of Final Destination..

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'd like to know how strong Bowser Uair is. It has start-up lag but it got me the most Uair KOs of all characters.

Slush

Smash Cadet
Wow! This is really neat, thanks!

How about IC D-Smash? I think uncharged it does up to 38% w/ little KB, and I'll have to check for fully charged.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
you should test Lucario at 172% and two stocks behind! Remember that his Fsmash and Usmash are both tippers.
yeah, he has a point there. if lucario is at a higher percent some of his moves might be the best. for example aura sphere or his side-b.

the word best in this thread can mean different things but if u mean hitbox, lag, and KOing percent u did a good job on this list

but on the final smash part, did u ever consider gigga bowser's fully charged f-smash? im not sure anout thus but something to look into.

TP

Smash Master
ATTENTION:

A Warlock Punch done in the air kills Mario from the center of FD at 7%.

Ike must now step down. Good day, Ike.

ungulateman

Smash Journeyman
SH (well, halfway between a SH and a full jump, but yeah) into a PAWNCH! should work. It does for me.

bobson

Smash Lord
The Warlock Punch landed in the air gives more damage and knockback than when grounded, as Twilight Prince mentioned.

A reverse aerial Warlock Punch will kill Mario from the center of FD at 5%.

5%.

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
Wow, 5%

Does mario survive better vertically or horizontally? I don't want Ike to step down!!

Pseudoshot

Smash Cadet
Snake's F-tilt lands a 21% when it's fresh
= strongest % dealt for a f-tilt?

Lucas' usmash has a slightly bigger range than ivysaur's because I do believe that it hits opponents that are standing next to you while ivysaur's does not. also I think that lucas' usmash is stronger than ivysaur's.
G&W's usmash is very strong as well.

G&W u-air should be listed just cause it can kill without dealing damage :D

Aeropup

Smash Apprentice
No, Ivysaur's is stronger.

G&W should get a mention in the dsmash category.

Ganondorf should be mentioned in the final smash section. Hitting with the entire thing is almost a OHKO (from the left edge of FD into the right blast line.

Top Bottom