• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Superlatives - Strongest attacks in each category

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I was hoping to see Pikachu's thunder there for Down B.
When sweet-spotted, it kills Mario from the middle of FD at 70%.
EDIT: Kills him at 38% at the edge of FD.

Laem

Smash Champion
I'm suprised u didnt mention MK's neutral B as 'best' , even though its not needed for this thread :p
BTW, ''Main Meta Knight. If everyone mains MK, he will get banned faster.'' is both brilliant and satisfying :]

Vorguen

Smash Champion
MK's neutral air might not necessarily be the best. Although if there is a section for most annoying though it definately wins.

edit: to argue my above post better...

How can you really compare neutral B's... especially MK's which is mostly used to refresh your stale moves / simply annoy the heck out of your opponent..

vs someone like ROB's... who uses it as a big part of his gameplay and strategy in a fight..

Even DK's B punch could be considered arguably better, nobody wants to rush full face into a DK puffing "I am ready to Donkey Punch you in the face" smoke.

Just a thought, of course, it's all mostly opinion-based.

cot(θ)

Smash Journeyman
Mario's f-air =/= crush punch. Mario's f-air = " The Epic Spike".

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
I think Ike's dair deserves a mention. It actually has more knockback than Ganon's dair, even though it does less damage.
Spike-wise, Ikes is stronger at low %, but Ganons dair catches it at like what... 30-40%? Ness' dair is strongest until Ganons(his dair has massive growth rate) get stronger.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Ness defintely has the strongest Up+B move. Ive killed at 23% before
Id take the mindgames and shield breaking ability of PKT2 over shuttle loop anyday.
PK Flash and Eruption fully charged does the same damage. 37% each.

You also forgot throws
Ness also has the strongest bthrow in the game
Olimar with a blue pikmin has the strongest up throw
I could be wrong, but I think wario has the strongest forward throw

Lol man am I biased.
Olimar's Uthrow is best with a purple. Not blue.

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
Very nice list. Yoshi's dair actually does the most %, 33 if I recall, and Ike's almost-fully charged eruption does 39.5%, making it the strongest Neutral B move.

tsunami70875

Smash Journeyman
excellent and interesting list. for the forward+b, you should note luigi's misfire, snice it's so awesome. i haven't tested it but it's awesomely fun to land all of sudden and win a match.
then you should have like...most powerful taunts ^_^. luigi duh.

Irsic

Smash Ace
I thought Samus' dtilt was better for KOing over Ike's.

Lucas has guaranteed set-ups for usmashing too...to whoever said about GaW being better because of tech chasing. (it's still good)

AndreVeloso

Smash Apprentice
I would have thought Game & Watch's d-smash and d-tilt would get some mention for being the "best." Sure, i know it's not but it still deserves a mention.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
I thought Samus' dtilt was better for KOing over Ike's.

Lucas has guaranteed set-ups for usmashing too...to whoever said about GaW being better because of tech chasing. (it's still good)
The only reason Samus's dtilt is used more killing over Ike's is before Ike has PLENTY of other moves to use than his short ranged dtilt but Samus's dtilt is one of her best killing moves.

But Ike's dtilt is his 2nd strongest attack when its sour spotted. (not including fully charged moves) in %, if fsmash killed at 50%, dtilt SS would kill at 75-80%

LoyalSoldier

Smash Apprentice
Original Post said:
Ganondorf's murder stomp comes second, killing at 88%. Deadly spike, and spammable damage builder with auto-cancelling. Kinda odd how hitting him downward makes him bounce upward.
Nah actually it isn't. In billiards the way you are actually suppose to legally jump the cue ball is to shoot down into the table which causes it to bounce upwards. It is part Newton's laws of motion.

As you were

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
Luigi's down taunt kills when you are on the edge of a stage taunting a ledge grabber

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Thatd be funny if he put best taunt on there. :laugh:
And those are some crazy names for the moves. Are they like the official ones or did you just make them up. I mean Ive never ever heard someone call Ness' UpB.... Psycho Crusher.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Ness defintely has the strongest Up+B move. Ive killed at 23% before
Id take the mindgames and shield breaking ability of PKT2 over shuttle loop anyday.
PK Flash and Eruption fully charged does the same damage. 37% each.

You also forgot throws
Ness also has the strongest bthrow in the game
Olimar with a blue pikmin has the strongest up throw
I could be wrong, but I think wario has the strongest forward throw

Lol man am I biased.
No Ness is just a freakin beast.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Ganondorf, Ness, Zelda and Ike all have stronger dairs than toon link according to the list of meteor smashes.

also, while Zelda's Uair is undeniably the strongest, I'm pretty sure ike and bowser beat out ivy for second best, though it's close.

Charizard's Dtilt at least deserves an honourable mention.

Din's fire is hardly the best side+B, and Charizard's HAS to be the most damaging.

Ivysaur's neutral B is probably technically the most damaging if you get stuck in the whole thing.

throws should be on the list as well. I think Squirtle and Charizard probably have the best Dthrows

Ness's Bthrow is the best and his Fthrow probably has the most knockback at 0 damage.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Donkey Kong's down smash are of the strongest down smashes. It's probably the best down smash for it's speed, power and range. But generally all three smashes of Donkey Kong are in top knockback. Ganondorf's elbow is also very strong when somewhat charged, uncharged is not on top knockback.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Donkey Kong's down smash are of the strongest down smashes. It's probably the best down smash for it's speed, power and range. But generally all three smashes of Donkey Kong are in top knockback. Ganondorf's elbow is also very strong when somewhat charged, uncharged is not on top knockback.
Best Dsmashes would go to ROB, Zelda and Sheik as far as speed is concerned (4 frame startup for each)
and Metaknight's is only very slightly slower while having better killing power, range, priority and cooldown than all 3. Wolf's aint half bad either.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
Best Dsmashes would go to ROB, Zelda and Sheik as far as speed is concerned (4 frame startup for each)
and Metaknight's is only very slightly slower while having better killing power, range, priority and cooldown than all 3. Wolf's aint half bad either.
But all those can't be accepted as best since they are weak. Donkey Kong's, and tipped Mr Game & Watch's can be accepted as one of the best down smashes.

Top Bottom