• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Nope I'm staying unspoiled as best I can. Who is Sariku on sucks?

I'm Sircrocodilep on survivorsucks not Hippochinfat btw.

Return

Smash Apprentice
yay for cast assessment!

- i still like alina (jeff compared her to amber, i guess she isnt as cunning as parvati), and chase.

- marty doesn't look at as strategic as i thought.

- also, matt changed his name to sash for the game i guess.

- just by what jeff said in the assessment, ben looks very promising and could be the power player in the game. (1:52)

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
That's because Matt is obviously really famous (duh lol) so he made it Sash so people don't suspect him. Probably won't work because his face is recognizable.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I have a feeling Benry and Marty are going to end up being the snakes of this season. The ones who won't be afraid at all to make big moves and cut their own alliance's throats.

Ohh and I agree with Probst I have a feeling Tyrone will make it far. Athletic + likeable is a really really good combination. Chase is the same way.

I would KILL to see a Marty + Tyrone + Jimmy T alliance. It's an unlikely trio but they would kick some serious ***.

GO OLDER TRIBE!!!

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Just got the final 3 spoiled in a random YT video...

Excuse me as I crawl in a corner and cry now.
Well, at least this reminds me not to read any YT comments on Survivor videos. Sucks that you were spoiled, but you should go back and flag the comment if you haven't already.

And Return...you seriously don't know who Matt is? You're kidding right?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Hey this thread is moving!
Just got the final 3 spoiled in a random YT video...

Excuse me as I crawl in a corner and cry now.
LOL that stinks, but I can't help but smile what with all your previous warnings of DONT SPOIL! and whatnot.
Had the last season ruined for me but at least it was about 3/4 in, kinda lost it's mojo after that :( so yea right off the bat spoiler...I offer my condolences

Bah not going to watch any character assessments, make up my own mind when I watch it

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Seriously if you watch a Survivor video on Youtube don't even scroll down to the comments at all.

But not all is lost I only saw 2 out of the 3 names before I turned my head away. :)

Sariku

Smash Master
RealGamer, Missyea hasn't spoiled the Final Three yet. So there is a better chance than not that all the Final Three's you see are fake. Some could be guesses including the ten final castaways, which are more confirmed than not, but there is no solid Final Three out.

I promise,

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, you got Russell right.

Q_Q

So anyways, it premiers in about 3 and a half hours, :D
I say that we use spoiler tags for all the current episodes. Once episode two airs, any information from episode one becomes old and no longer needs spoiler tags. And just have this continue. I know some people can't watch the episode the same day it airs and waits for CBS.com to post it up, which is always the day after it airs, around 2:00 AM Central.

At least this is what I'll be doing, unless generally people just don't give a ****, lol.

Sariku

Smash Master
Annnndd, shabaaam.

The episode was actually really boring, x]. I did enjoy Marty as much as I thought I would, though it almost looks bleak for Jud, D:

I didn't like Wendy at all anyways, X: I knew she'd be first, but that is ALL I know about the bootlist. I'll say that now, so don't be afraid to read my comments. But yeah. Tyrone looks interesting, so does Dan. Sadly, Jill didn't do anything.

There was an interview with Jeff with him saying that he really didn't enjoy the first challenge in this season. He said that the tribes found a way around the challenge that the designers didn't expect, and it kinda killed the start of the season for him. I'll guess that that was using the buff as a spoiler of sorts, but I don't know. I wish he'd of elaborated more, D:

Next episode looks interesting. If it's an older tribe tribal council, I could see Jimmy T. easily being the one to explode, as Jeff said. If it's younger tribe... Shannon? He seems like the only one with an attitude, unless it was Na'Onka, x]
Or maybe it's both tribes, and they got into a heated argument? Ohh, I can't wait<3

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Yeah it was a pretty boring first episode but now that crazy Wendy is gone (thank goodness), I cannot WAIT for next episode it looks intense!

Here are my impressions of people that have changed after watching this episode-

Positive changes of impression:

Brenda-
She's not nearly as much of an airhead as I had originally thought. Looks like she won't be afraid to cut some throats. And it looks like she has Chase wrapped around her finger already. I'd love to see Brenda go black widow and pick off the men with an all girls alliance b/c the only guy I care for at all on the La Flor tribe is Chase. There's room for me to warm up to the guys though... But they'll have to really work for my respect. I'm definitely looking forward to what Brenda has in store.

Jane-
Jane is, surprisingly, a bad ***. I'm not sure how good she is strategically but there's no question in my mind now... She came to play, and I love players like that. She also has a lot of spunk and is very charismatic. She might surprise me some more... I'm going to keep an eye on her but so far I like what I'm seeing.

Marty-
The more I watch this guy the more I like him... And he is now one of my favorites. I predict he will be the brains of this season and he seems very cunning. Plus he's funny so that's always a plus. I predict he'll go far.

Negative changes of impression:

Jimmy J.-
He's just not fit enough for this game. It was a mistake to put him on Survivor. There has only been 3 days and he's already suffering? Give me a break people. No way in heck will he make it to the merge. And everyone else on the Espada tribe (cough Marty and Tyrone cough) are too smart to fall for the "I won't get jury votes" bullcrap he's trying to pull off.

Jimmy T.-
Gosh I was so wrong on my first impressions with this guy. All he wants do to is fuss and complain and lead the tribe. He also has really bad social skills he's making himself look like a complete jerk. He's off my favorites list.

Kelly B.-
I still love this girl but her leg is having a really really bad impact on how people look at her. Everyone wants her gone now because they're so afraid of her getting sympathy votes. The only way she'll make it past the merge is if she can make it into a good alliance... Lets pray she does.

Nothing else was really shown this episode to make me change my impressions about anyone else. Those above 6 were the only ones that really stood out to me.

Return

Smash Apprentice
random bullets/thoughts on the episode and impressions.

@the real gamer for some of these (back to page 8 responses lol)
-brenda: i like her, but i don't know if i like her because she's cute, or because she's here to play the game. only time will tell.

-jimmy johnson: sadly it doesn't look like he'll make it much longer.

-i still don't like any of the older women and don't see any of them making it into the top 5.

-marty: i knew he was gonna be strategic, i saw that in his interview and the way he talks. i also compared him to richard hatch in the cast interviews.

-na onka: i hate to say it, but my first impression was right. her mouth is going to get her in trouble.

-i'm sad there was barely any airtime for alina and ben(ry)?
alina started a forced alliance with amputee kelly, i think that'll be bad for her.

-shannon was the most cocky of the guys, hate to say i was right. although i was wrong in saying he wouldn't align with any other guys, he's one of those "women suck" people, and aligned with chase.

-chase/brenda alliance, im not sure how that will go, it really looks like the alliances will be shannon/chase vs brenda and her alliance.

-tyrones really interesting, but it looks like he'll follow in james' footsteps. he'll make it kind of far but not deep.

Return

Smash Apprentice
Is the list on the previous page a spoiler? Cause i saw a numbered list with like 3 names and quickly scrolled away.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Lol no that was just Mota being stupid. The only spoilers we'll be seeing here are the boots after each episode.

I also update the OP after every episode so we can all see who all is left and the boot order. For some reason I feel like nobody but me looks at it but oh well. :\

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
New episode tonight!

Lets go Brenda/Marty/Tyrone!!!

EDIT: THAT TRIBAL COUNCIL IS DEFINITELY GOING IN THE TOP 3 FOR THIS SEASON! soooooooooooooooooooo epic!

I think this sums up my feelings after watching this episode...
BBBBRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNDDDDDAAAAAAAA FTW!!!!

Shannon went after the WRONG player. This is what happens when you go after someone that's more popular than you. Also major props to Chase for making such an extremely gutsy move this early in the game. It's very rare when the "leader"of a tribe is the first one taken out. Idk if it will end up biting him in the *** in the long run but it looks like Chase and Brenda will be extremely tight after this. I could not be any happier my favorite male and female of the La Flor tribe are in a solid alliance. I wanna cry tears of joy. :) It looks like Chase and Brenda now have Sash, Benry, and Na Onka on their side, while the rest are pretty much on the outs (Alina and Jud are screwed). Kelly B needs to take this opportunity and get on the right side of the numbers before she gets picked off.

Wow the 1st episode was pretty meh but dang the second episode really made up for it and then some! lol

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Ugh, screw you Brenda/Naonka. Seriously, screw you and your sexist, racist, "let's discriminate against the one legged chick because she's different while getting the minorities together" crap. Hate them already.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
When did they ever say anything about getting the minorities together? And you obviously haven't been paying attention because EVERYONE on the La Flor tribe has mentioned getting rid of Kelly early simply because of her leg... lol

Sariku

Smash Master
no.. well... they are were talking about getting the minorities together. they call it the minority alliance. as for how far it gets them in the game, I won't say a word. but they mention it beyond this episode.
Na'Onka can go die. so can Brenda and Chase. They're not even interesting. Chase is just guided by his affection for her. ughhh, I didn't like this episode. at all. I was expecting more from Tribal, q_q

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I absolutely loved it. So much drama, and I love the drama. And trust me Brenda will ditch Na Onka when the time is right. If Na Onka keeps running her mouth her tribe will eventually unanimously get tired of her and decide to vote her off.

The only reason Brenda is playing into Na Onka's "minority alliance" bull is simply because she needs the numbers. After this episode, whether you like her or not, Brenda is pretty much in control of the tribe. Strategically speaking that is.

One more thing I'd like to add is yes Na Onka is very *****y and annoying, but where's the Shannon hate? He was just as bad during TC. Especially when he called Sash and "a lot of New York" *** that was completely uncalled for.

EDIT: Oh and I finally fixed the problems I've been having with the pictures of the HvV faces in the OP. The OP looks very clean and nice now so please check it out! :D

Sariku

Smash Master
What if the tribes swap though? She loses control then, eh? x]
That's what I'm hoping for. It's not very interesting right now. And I don't want my Jud to go, D:

And good job cleaning up the thread, it looks great, :D

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Oh don't worry... Power always shifts from episode to episode (unless you're Russel Hantz). lol

And thank you! It took me forever to find new pics I could use.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Is it sad that I only watched the challenge and TC and didn't really miss any of the social quibbling? I was out of the room for the other stuff and only half-listened to it, but don't feel like I really missed anything.

Great job with fixing the pics. I know you just fixed them, but I think once the new season starts the previous one should be collapsed - seems to add clutter to the OP imo.

Return

Smash Apprentice
great episode! soo dramatic...haha

and by dramatic i mean high school drama type. i shoulda expected it from a "young" tribe. its like a guy ditching his bro for a girl.

naonka - keeps on getting on my nerves, i hate that attitude.
chase - pretty much lost all his "good guy like JT" votes by turning his back on shannon this early.
kellyB - it seems like she's dodged the bullet and will continue to for at least a couple more tribal councils.
brenda/alina - i think these two will fight for the dominating female of the tribe, but who knows...all alliances could be broken after voting off shannon.
ben - MORE AIRTIME PLEASE...ive literally only heard him say a couple sentences and only after jeff asked him for his opnion during tribal.
shannon - woww he woulda made a great villain for the season, not saying i like him as a person though. he added a lot of the drama to the tribe, but now that he's gone it might get kind of boring in la flor.
marty/jill - i like the alliance, hopefully they do something good with the idol.

good job on the front page :)

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Just a request to people (namely Sariku since he seems to be the only one who brought it up), but can we please avoid posting spoilers in this thread? Last season everybody and there grandmother knew who the final 3 were because it was posted EVERYWHERE whether people wanted to see it or not, and I enjoy Survivor so much more when I don't know what's going to happen next.

Oh, and as for Russell Hantz...it takes a lot to keep control with a neverending supply of Hidden Immunity Idols. :laugh:

Sariku

Smash Master
@LivewiresXe: I'm not going to spoil anything here, I promise. I just wanted to say that the minority stuff has just a bit more priority than the episode gave it credit for. but I won't say anything else about it. I really don't know that much else about it, x].

For me and spoilers, I really don't know much. The person who gives them out is just giving out hints and having us guess at them, rather than a defined bootlist. Which, I do like. It makes us work at it. So don't worry about me spoiling, or highlighting my spoiler tags. I'll stay current to the episodes, fellas, :D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Thanks, it's just like I've been so anti-spoilers for a while now and Samoa/HvV just felt so...hollow and bitter to me because from the merge of Samoa on until the end of HvV I knew who was going home when because some jerk kept spoiling it for me. Well, that and having Russell have 200 confessionals saying the exact same thing, and being forced to watch Parvati again. :ohwell:

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Eww, I can't stand her, the way she acts, her mannerisms, her voice, and I think she's an overrated feminist. I'm just happy one of the people I wanted to win in Sandra wound up winning the season and having a perfect 2/0 win record. As opposed to Russell who will forever have a 0/however many times he plays win/loss record.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Parvati is better than Sandra in all 3 categories. Light years better physically, a step higher strategically, and right on par with her socially... if not better.

But fortunately Survivor isn't about who's better than the other. You can be the weakest/dumbest player out there, but as long as you have a decent social game, you can win Survivor. If it weren't true people like Boston Rob, Ozzy, Parvati, etc. would win every time. Sandra is only better than Parvati in a sense that people see Sandra as so non-threatening that they don't see her as a threat at all. She was able to glide into the final 3 with very little opposition. Parvati on the other hand was targeted on day 1, yet (through the teamwork between her and Russel), she made it all the way to the end. That's the sign of an amazing player.

But I give credit where credit is due... Sandra is the "Queen"of Survivor for winning twice... But would I put her in the top 5 players of all time? Absolutely not.

Top Bottom