• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SURVIVOR series (Season 26 airs Feb. 13!)

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
I think Parvati is the best Survivor player as in you could put her out there on any season and she would do well every time.

I'm happy Dan found the idol with Marty, now it means he'll probably go far.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I concede Parvati's a decent player, but no way is Sandra NOT better than her. Sandra played twice and won twice, Parvati played 3 times and lost twice. Hell, she was Idol dependent in HvV, whereas Sandra didn't even need hers. I'm sorry that you don't like Sandra, but the way Russell/Parvati played Survivor in the country of Samoa is far from how Survivor is successfully played, and if they can't admit they're not the two greatest ever, then well, oh well, too bad for them. Survivor really has three simple parts to it, 1. don't get voted out, 2. make it to the end, and 3. have the jury like you the most so they'll vote for you to win. Every single person who won Survivor has essentially done that, and if somebody has successfully pulled off Sandra's strategy twice, and had it work twice, that to me says it's the ideal way to win Survivor. And besides....Parvati's not even that charming.

Oh, and Hippochinfat? As in....the Hippochinfat from SurvivorSucks? :confused:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I concede Parvati's a decent player, but no way is Sandra NOT better than her. Sandra played twice and won twice, Parvati played 3 times and lost twice. Hell, she was Idol dependent in HvV, whereas Sandra didn't even need hers. I'm sorry that you don't like Sandra, but the way Russell/Parvati played Survivor in the country of Samoa is far from how Survivor is successfully played, and if they can't admit they're not the two greatest ever, then well, oh well, too bad for them. Survivor really has three simple parts to it, 1. don't get voted out, 2. make it to the end, and 3. have the jury like you the most so they'll vote for you to win. Every single person who won Survivor has essentially done that, and if somebody has successfully pulled off Sandra's strategy twice, and had it work twice, that to me says it's the ideal way to win Survivor. And besides....Parvati's not even that charming.
Lol winning Survivor (even twice) does NOT make you an amazing player. Sandra didn't control the circumstances around her hardly at all during HvV. She was at the mercy of Russel/Parvati the whole time. Unfortunately they needed her for the numbers advantage so they kept her. She simply glided her way into the final 3 with literally NO opposition. If people actually wanted her out there would be NOTHING she could do about it. She doesn't help in challenges AT ALL, she's not strategic enough to aggressively go after idols, etc. She's just... there. Yes being "under the radar" is a legit strategy to win but will it make you he best Survivor ever? Absolutely not. And Parvati may not have won twice, but she's gotten both 1st and 2nd place... Which is pretty dang close to 2 wins. And Parvati still holds the record of the most days playing Survivor. If Sandra were on for a third season, she wouldn't beat Parvati's record.

I'll say it yet again. Sandra may have won twice, but she is no JT, Parvati, Tom Westman, Boston Rob, Ozzy, etc.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Let me simply point out, Ozzy only got to the end by challenge wins, which was proven to be something you can't count on to win you a million dollars. And Boston Rob, as much as I think he's awesome, EARNED that loss. There's only been one time in the history of Survivor that I would say the best finalist didn't win, and that would be Gabon, because anybody with common sense could see Bob only made it there because Sugar was playing to make sure she lost and he won, which also makes her a horrible player herself since Gabon was the only oddity. Every single other time? The right person and best player at the end won. Sandra MADE herself needed by people including Parvati and Russell, whether you'd like to admit it or not. I've been following Survivor for about as long as anybody can have followed it, so I've seen the evolution and then almost de-evolution that the crappiness known as the "Russell era" has brought and the black spot it's left on the game. The fact of the matter is though, Survivor has always been defined as "the ultimate social experiment" and been described by people from Mark Burnett to Jeff Probst himself as a game where you have to get to the end in a way that people will want to give you the money and that that's what makes a good player. How you get to the end is up to you, but if you piss everyone off, you have to pay the consequences and not win.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Sandra stumbled her way into a win, she only won S20 because all of her moves like flipping to the Heroes and voting off Russell (which would be really stupid of her to do) faied. I think intent and follow through matters.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I am still adamant on my opinion that Parvati should have won S20. If Russel wasn't such an *** hole to the Heroes (and heck some of the Villains), Parvati would have gotten more votes than she did. Unfortunately, the jury labeled her as Russel's pawn, which was totally not true.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
The jury didn't necessarily label her as "Russell's pawn", it's just that she was guilty by association. And she wouldn't have had to associate with him if she was a good enough player that most of her tribe wanted little to do with her. And Danielle doesn't count because really, there's no way she should've ever been there anyway. Danielle one of the bigger female villains? Uh, yeah-no. Of course, Penner should've been on over Randy anyway, but no big deal.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
She had no choice but to pair up with Danielle and Russel. She was seen as the biggest threat in the game. It was either team up with Russel and Danielle or easily get voted out by a majority vote from the rest of the Villains.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
My point was that she was the one to blame for the fact that everyone hated her and wanted her gone. She was the one who was irritating, obnoxious, and over the top in her seasons, interviews, and in general to where people just wanted her gone. The other 19 people in the season didn't control how she reacted/handled things or made herself out to be so it's not their fault.

SpiredMoth

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3540-1813-9781
Survivor really has three simple parts to it, 1. don't get voted out, 2. make it to the end, and 3. have the jury hate you the least so they'll vote for you to win.
Fixed for you. This version sums up my opinion on the end of HvV. All three of them pissed off enough of the jury to have lost to anyone else from the season, but because the winner HAD to be one of them, it ended up being a case of "lesser of the evils."

Sandra stumbled her way into a win, she only won S20 because all of her moves like flipping to the Heroes and voting off Russell (which would be really stupid of her to do) faied. I think intent and follow through matters.
QFT. If Rob had lasted and spearheaded the same tactics Sandra tried they would have succeeded. To me that says there's something wrong with Sandra's gameplay, more specifically her social game because she couldn't get the support to pull them off, and as has been stated previously
LivewiresXe said:
Survivor has always been defined as "the ultimate social experiment"

Sariku

Smash Master
Survivor 22 is to be called Redemption Island, and returning with be Russell, Rob M., and a character named Eve Hasseck. mmkkayyy.

Sariku

Smash Master
I think just a new player. Either way, I'll post anything I heard about S22 here. If it involves spoilers, like how far R/R get or anything, I won't. I don't even think they're playing in the game though, x]. I think they're tribe mentors until the merge, but shhhh, ;D

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
You DO realize posting the supposed twist of the season is considered by some to be a big spoiler in and of itself, right? And besides, the Rob vs Russell thing is so ridiculously stupid and improbable that there's no way something that ******** would ever be done. Survivor would do a Hermaphrodites vs Transvestites season before they'd even think of doing something that stupid. I mean, we've all heard the 'rumours' months ago, but anybody with a brain knows that there's no way they're true. Though, with that being said, the first thing you said seems probable/possible since it's been done in a bunch of foreign seasons, but the second bit is ridiculous to the point that it's clearly a troll joking around. Now, with that being said, please refrain from posting ANYMORE spoilers here.

Sariku

Smash Master
I won't post spoilers, I said that multiple times. But if you're going to refute the fact R/R are returning players, big players, this next season, then you're stupid. It's all about the money for CBS. They don't care. So if I spoiled it for you, fine. It's spoiled. Your life is over. Don't watch the **** season then. ****.

I'm pumped for Wednesday. Though, since Sandra VS. Parvati discussion has been the only thing really going on, does everyone else here hate Na'Onka? She's not even entertaining to me. I'd rather watch monkeys throw poop at each other than her continue in this game.

Return

Smash Apprentice
It's hard to debate who the greatest survivor ever is because there is luck involved in the game. If Tyson never switched his vote, Russell would be voted out and Boston Rob would be in control. It was sheer luck that Tyson was so stupid. It's pretty much a chain of events; change one event and you change the entire outcome of the game. The pieces just happen to fall right where Sandra needed them to.

Sariku

Smash Master
Yeah, for sure. I really hope she gets voted out soon, >_> Who you guys rooting for now? I'm still strong for Jud, Marty, Jane, and I'm kinda liking Sash from his comments with Shannon last night, :o

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Mary, Tyrone, Jill, Brenda, and Kelly B. all the way!

OH and the fight between Shannon and Sash was tooooo good I loved every moment of it.

Tyrone also had the best one-liner so far this season: "The more Holly talks the more obvious it is that she's crazy... So imma keep one eye on her, and one eye on my shoes." LOL

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'm rooting for Marty, Tyrone, Kelly B, kinda Jill, kinda Fabio because he's hilarious, and oddly enough even Alina because she's anti-Brenda. I seriously cannot STAND that Brenda/NaOnka/Sash "anti-white" alliance. Can you imagine if a bunch of white people got together to vote out all the minorities? People would be bashing that like crazy, so I'm not about to pretend what those 3 are doing is fine because they're not white, lol.

Sariku

Smash Master
Well, I don't know if Brenda wants in that alliance, since she's teamed up with arguable one of the whitest men there, Chase. X:

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Livewire you're really butthurt about the "minorities alliance" aren't you? lol

You act as if they're playing just to get the "white people" out. It was nothing but a joke. As Sariku just said, Brenda's main alliance is with Chase, so chill.

Sariku

Smash Master
And it's not necessairly that they want out the white people. They just want the minorities to try and stand together. It doesn't mean anything racist by the fact the only people left, if there plan goes/went through, would be white.

It's the same thing that happened in Survivor Fiji. Earl, Cassandra, Dreamz... those three got to the because they liked each other, but of course because they were black. If Cassandra or Earl would of won the final Immunity instead of Dreamz, I doubt that they would of choose Yau Man to the end (though it could be argued that no sane person would due to the fact he would of won the game).

And when they divide the 20 players into a group of 5 white, 5 Asian, 5 Hispanic, and 5 African American like they did, having the final three being of the same race just goes to show that people who are similar will group together. The minorities of Nicaragua are similar because they aren't white. Not sounding racist of course... but that could of been Sash's mindset.

I think Na'Onka is a ***** anyways. She could be racist, sexist, or any -ist, and it wouldn't surprise me one bit.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
In fairness, I was saying that NaOnka, and possibly to an extent Sash (since while he suggested it, NaOnka seems to be the one taking it seriously) are racist, as opposed to Brenda. Don't get me wrong though, I still absolutely hate Brenda like nobody's business.

Sariku

Smash Master
I dislike Brenda because people like her. She doesn't interest me though, anyways. I like Parvati way to much to like Brenda. >_>
Less than an hour away, :3
Who do you think will be voted out tonight on each tribe? If you get to this soon enough, >->
I think if La Flor goes to Tribal, it'll probably be Na'Onka. HOPEFULLY anyways, because she's a *****, though I could see it be someone like Alina, if nothing else but because she's against Brenda.
For Espada... Holly? I dunno, she's crazy, but she's at least useful in challenges. Jimmy Johnson has way too much going against him to stay in the game long. He's a ticking timebomb till he's gone, and I'm gonna vote it'll be tonight, or next week, or whenever they next lose.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
If La Flor loses, Alina. Brenda, Chase, Sash, and Ben really need Na Onka to keep their numbers strong. The only way Alina doesn't go is if we have some switch ups in alliances, which I can see happening.

If Espada loses, toss up between Holly and Jimmy J. Marty obviously wants Jimmy J. gone so he might try to rally everyone up to get rid of him once in for all. If that doesn't happen, Holly is a goner.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd think if La Flor loses, NaOnka goes. She's a total loose cannon, terrible for unity/morale, and Brenda would still potentially have majority without her. Of course, keep in mind that Alina/Kelly B have the clue to the Idol, and that could shake things up.

Also, I actually hate Parvati way too much to like Brenda, haha.

Sariku

Smash Master
Mid-episode post, I'm psyched, :D
Go Jud! You're the best<3
I'll edit this later, if there isn't another post, x]

Wow, I still really hate this *****.
Na'Onka needs to seriously go die in a fire. She is the reason stereotypes exist. Because one bad apples ruins the ****ing bunch. Jesus Christ.

I loved Marty, and the love continues on with this episode. What. A. Great. Character. He's like a nice version of... well, anyone who tried to play the game strategically. For once, we don't (yet?) have a mastermind who acts like an ******* to everyone else. Even Ken showed some spite to people, as nice a guy as he is. I'm loving this guy.<3

Jimmy J., not too sad to see you leave. The only reason you got airtime was because you're a celebrity, not because you're interesting. Maybe in person you'd be great, but you're not good TV. Stop taking up space so I can look at the sexy girl on your tribe, Yve, ;3

Jimmy T.'s gone. His ego is going to kill him. Pre-merge, dunno when. And I feel bad for Dan, I really like him... I hope he lasts. I think he's just not used to the enviorment yet. He can tough it up. He's from New York, for God's sake! x]]

Great episode. But, Na'Onka... D:<
Go. Home.
Ughhh.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
Just out of curiousity, is that spoiler tagged stuff, just about stuff that happened this episode and not like, future-spoiler? And also, it needs no saying that I hate NaOnka more and more, but please, please, PLEASE for the love of all that's sane, do NOT let either Naonka OR Brenda get their hands on the La Flor Hidden Immunity Idol! I'm serious, let ANYBODY BUT THEM get the Idol (preferably Kelly B or Alina). I also can't stand that Naonka goes on about how fake Kelly B and Alina are when SHE'S THE FAKEST ONE THERE! :urg:

Sariku

Smash Master
My spoiler tags will always be for the current episode.

If I dare to spoil the next season, which I very well may, I'll make it WAYYY appearant that it's stuff for S22 before the spoiler tags, like put it in quotes, red letters, giant font, etc. Don't worry.

LivewiresXe

Smash Hero
I'd recommend that you don't spoil the last season because 1. there's always the chance the tags will be accidentally done wrong. and 2. some people will just skim through and highlight without seeing why it's spoiler tagged.

And yes, Naonka needs to DIAF. Seriously, Kelly B's been nothing but nice to her, Jud's tried to be decent to her, and she has this insane hatred for Kelly B because of something that she has zero control over. Let's see...hating somebody for something they have no control over, sound familiar, Naonka?

Sariku

Smash Master
If I want to give the spoiler out, I will, so just be cautious, but I mean, if

IF THIS DOESN'T WORK TO COVER THE SPOILERS,

A;LSKDFJA;LSDKFJA;SLDKFJASD;LFKJASD;LFKAJSD
F;LKASDJFx]
Then you kids probably deserve to be spoiled anyways, x]

Top Bottom