• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The SWF Low Tier Tourney

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
The SWF Low Tier Tourney

All right guys, I've finally made the bracket. The Pokemon Trainer Boards were a little sluggish and forgot their roster which actually allowed every board to have their entire list entered (The Falcon and Link boards both have 7 people). And look, I can sticky this cause I'm awesome.

Rules: Read these right now

1) You can only play the character you signed up for
2) Standard SBR rules. Only Starter through Counter stages are allowed.
3) All matches will be played by their deadline (I will elaborate on this later)
4) If you are caught cheating in any way, shape, or form you will be kicked out and personally dealt with by me.
5) Don't be an *******

6) Post in the thread so that your opponent can find you.
7) No lag johns.​

For each round, I will update this thread with a deadline for that round. It's your job to get in contact (preferably by PM or Xat Chat) with your opponent and schedule to fight before then. If you try to get in contact with them and they do not reply by the deadline, forward me your PM to them and I'll decide if it's a forfeit or not. I'll be updating everything in the thread, so check here before and after your fight. If there are any discrepancies on who contacted who, Marc and I will look into it. Hopefully that doesn't happen.

The Bracket

I will update the bracket when I can, but will also post each individual person's match up beneath it I'm lazy.

Match Ups

Round 1 Winners Match Ups said:
ljosh vs Kanzaki ljosh Wins

KirinBlaze vs G-Regulate G-Reg Wins

Burntsockz vs Willz Willz Wins

SaltyCracka vs calv SaltyCracka Wins

Vex Kasrani vs Ich Bin Awesome Ich Bin Awesome Wins

Liquid Gen vs Sade Liquid Gen wins

Xyro77 vs AvariceX AvariceX Wins

Phiddlesticks vs Vanz Vanz Wins by forfeit

BO X7 vs HeyTallMan BO X7 Wins

Serris vs TheCubeStud TheCubeStud

CheeseOnAStick vs Ritch CheeseOnAStick Wins

Pink Fresh vs Rohins Pink Fresh Wins

Galeon vs Acedude55 Galeon Wins

Delta-Cod vs Bartolon Delta-Cod Wins

Legan
vs Sacred Seraphim Legan Wins

Jiggernaut vs ShinTwist ScreamPaste ShinTwist ScreamPaste Wins

ToKneeOrNotToKnee vs IsmaR IsmaR Wins

DarkMusician vs Stingers DarkMusician Wins

Smash G 0 D vs Noobicidal Smash G 0 D Wins

ILoveKimchi vs Succesor of Raphael ILoveKimchi Wins

MochaMew vs DLA DLA Wins

Noraa vs Hardgainer08 Hardgainer08 Wins

Hadesblades vs Mr. Eh Hadesblades Wins

vato break vs Chirp vato break Wins

Metatitan vs KingKong-ad Metatitan Wins

1337-Zero vs Ray Kalm Ray Kalm Wins

Red-Blue vs AfroTwist BlueberryPie AfroTwist BlueberryPie Wins

Sasook vs PentaSalia PentaSalia Wins

San3711 vs Teh Brettster San3711 Wins

Kirk vs Swoops Kirk Wins

Shaky vs Airborne Shaky Wins

AzNFinesse vs Yosh Yosh Wins
Round 2 Winners Match Ups said:
Round 1 Losers Match Ups said:
If I got anyone's name wrong, please correct me. Also, the bracket isn't perfect: there are a few characters that are more grouped than others and I apologize for it. However, with 64 people it's hard to sort it out just perfectly.

Reporting results

Please post in the thread to update me. Do not send it to my PM box or it will blow up and I'll throw bricks at you. All you need to do is post in some format that incorporates

1)You and your character
2)Your opponent and their character
3) Who won

So for example:

Example Update Post said:
Virgilijus (Marth) beat M2K (MK)
Rule 5 comes into this: don't be an ******* about it. If you have any complaints about the match/claim your opponent cheated, PM that to me: don't post it here in the thread.

Questions?

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Round Deadlines

Winners Finals
WHENEVER AS LONG AS IT'S BEFORE LOSER'S FINALS​

Round 6 Losers
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 6th (No exceptions)​

Please feel free to play other round matches before the deadline if you can.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Everyone should try to record their matches to help settle any disputes over them.

Also, the bracket is obnoxiously huge. T_T

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Isn't Burntsocks the Yoshi guy?

Bring iiiiiiiiiittttt.

Although, my bracket side looks quite hard, I will defeat all the competition!!!!

Flayl

Smash Hero
I hope that's not the final bracket, there is some HORRIBLE seeding going on. 4 of the bowser players are on the same side of the bracket, and if Vex and KevinM win both their matches they face each other =/

Kirk

Smash Champion
I'm really wondering why 4 of our 5 Ikes are right in a row... two of them playing each other in the first round.

That's a little silly if you ask me....
I hope that's not the final bracket, there is some HORRIBLE seeding going on. 4 of the bowser players are on the same side of the bracket, and if Vex and KevinM win both their matches they face each other =/
What they said. :/

Virgilijus

BRoomer
Also, the bracket isn't perfect: there are a few characters that are more grouped than others and I apologize for it. However, with 64 people it's hard to sort it out just perfectly.
I spent over an hour on the bracket alone and redid it 4 times. I all ready apologized if some characters are bunched up, but it happened.

Teh Brettster

Smash Master
I spent over an hour on the bracket alone and redid it 4 times. I all ready apologized if some characters are bunched up, but it happened.
So take a break and re-release it tomorrow or the next day or next week.
It's not like you HAVE to be done by a specific time.
I'd rather the tourney start a little late and completely organized than start on time and have obscenely awful seeding.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
i'd be better if you post each character's team.
For example
Galeon vs Acedude55
let's say i'm Galeon (he wishes), but i don't know who's Acedude55, so how do i know if he's using the character he has to use?
EDIT:
HTM = heytallman

Flayl

Smash Hero
So take a break and re-release it tomorrow or the next day or next week.
It's not like you HAVE to be done by a specific time.
I'd rather the tourney start a little late and completely organized than start on time and have obscenely awful seeding.
This. There's no hurry.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
This. There's no hurry.
I just finished up AWYP scores and comments. I also am finishing up WWYP scores and comments. I have a job and am taking night classes all week. This is the bracket. The bracket is always going to be slightly biased and that's not going to change (as evidenced by the 4 brackets I did before which screwed over Ganon, Ness, Lucas, Falcon, Link and Jiggs).

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hm, interesting bracket.

Also, Virg, I remember your slip up. Forever and always... >=]

Anyways, I'm interested in seeing how this will progress. Can't wait to rep.

D

Deleted member

You spelled my name wrong.
Its burntsockz, not birntsocks :p

Willz, ima kick yo ***.
Me>zudenka.
Wut =P

D

Deleted member

:p

To all of those complaining about the bracket:
Although it would be best to have a perfectly even seeded bracket, it really can be kind of hard to make it balanced by CHARACTER. YOU should do your best to win, regardless of what character the opponent plays as.

Virgilijus

BRoomer
By the way, I am linking each person that posts to their name in the Match Ups section to make it easier to find.

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
Ike v Ike and Ike v Ike right next to each other. No matter what, two ikes will be eliminated R2 because of this GODAWFUL seeding. Have someone else do it if you can't find the time for your own pet project.

Half-Split Soul

Smash Lord
Can't wait to see how this is going go from here. Too bad we won't be able to see the matches though :(

*secretly subscribes*

Top Bottom