• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tally Thread (FSU, FAMU, TCC, Leon County)

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
AWAL, I'm just trying to extend to you the awareness that a huge passionate post may be counter-productive to your goals. The way I see it is that instead of arguing melee vs brawl, you partake in the argument about whether we should argue melee vs brawl in the first place, which imho is a bad strategy. I like Gandhi's strategy best: "Be the change you seek in your world." That said, I am indifferent to which strategy you choose now, as my only incentive was and is to aid you.

Ruse, there are two issues with Metaknight getting banned that would bother me. The first being that I like having precise control in my characters. Metaknight's attacks are very precise so I like him. There are other characters with various degrees of control that I also like, such as Wario due to his precise movement control and Marth has fairly precise attacks as well. There's a few other characters that I like somewhat but these three are my current mains. Taking away something I like, in this instance it is control, will naturally be unfavored by me. The other reason is that for the community to ban something that wouldn't qualify for a ban in similar games would likely push me to explore those similar games with better communities. It would be remarkably unlikely that we play brawl for the same reasons, so I wouldn't expect you to agree with my potential actions.

edit 4 typo

Somacruz2

Smash Journeyman
OH my god, you all are dumb as ****

this argument is stupid, you people are acting stupid, grow up and get over it, im tired of you people starting off stupid arguments in this thread. Might as well post a giant neon sign on I-10

WELCOME TO TALLAHASSEE: SMASH BROS SCRUBVILLE

do you really think that anyone is going to care about whatever any of you have to say? you all have your own god **** opinions and your gonna keep believing them no matter what. Nothing anyone says is gonna change it, so stop changing trying to convince other people.

Now STFU or GTFO

Ballistics

Smash Champion
OH my god, you all are dumb as ****

this argument is stupid, you people are acting stupid, grow up and get over it, im tired of you people starting off stupid arguments in this thread. Might as well post a giant neon sign on I-10

WELCOME TO TALLAHASSEE: SMASH BROS SCRUBVILLE

do you really think that anyone is going to care about whatever any of you have to say? you all have your own god **** opinions and your gonna keep believing them no matter what. Nothing anyone says is gonna change it, so stop changing trying to convince other people.

Now STFU or GTFO
ahhh cursing hurts my ears!

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
I think drew was talking about his personal life, not the actual sophisticated discussion we were having.

No one is tryng to make anyone change, its like politics you both discuss your own sides, and yes we agree and disagree with one another, but at the end we still sit down and eat together, or we still dont really care, or at least thats how i am......

Its just a conversation that happens to interest a few people, if it doesnt interest you then your opinion shouldnt be addressed.

I got 8 more days in Tally ... im gona miss you guys T_T

Lizard

Smash Ace
Masky is my hero....

All love to drew, but he has a good point.

Speaking of which, Masky, you should start looking for apprentices! You could be the next Chops!

Seriously, start taking applications!

Ruse

Fox
FTW, why do you continue to start s*** after I've stopped?

Edit: I would totally team with KBM. Seriously.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I think drew was talking about his personal life, not the actual sophisticated discussion we were having.

No one is tryng to make anyone change, its like politics you both discuss your own sides, and yes we agree and disagree with one another, but at the end we still sit down and eat together, or we still dont really care, or at least thats how i am......

Its just a conversation that happens to interest a few people, if it doesnt interest you then your opinion shouldnt be addressed.

I got 8 more days in Tally ... im gona miss you guys T_T
@ JSSN and Groceries

It's NOT that people are tryina change others opinions. Cuz I would have no problem with that.

The is issue is something that I CANNOT be the change.

I would never go in a thread filled w/ people who like Melee and B like. "MELEE IS GAY PLAY BRAWL"

This is something that MOST brawl players don't do.

Its just that Random Melee players wi;l come pick on BRAWL OUT OF FREAKING NOWHERE.

That is that issue.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
Guys, watermelons at Walmart are getting good. The bigger ones at least, their smaller variety is still crappy and unripe. If you don't like watermelon, you're weird. That is all.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
We still going to pcola 6?
Seriously... I need to know tommorow...
Im tired of this whole indecision stuffs. and last minute ****.
The general concensus seems to be we want to go.
But no one seems to actually come out and say "Yep were goin"....
It sucks for people like me who need to plan ahead for work etc.
/rant

KBM

Smash Ace
oh, ****, it is? i guess i'll go

i have an AP exam monday but i think i'll be all right. i'ma hit up John, see if he wants to go

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
@ JSSN and Groceries

It's NOT that people are tryina change others opinions. Cuz I would have no problem with that.

The is issue is something that I CANNOT be the change.

I would never go in a thread filled w/ people who like Melee and B like. "MELEE IS GAY PLAY BRAWL"

This is something that MOST brawl players don't do.

Its just that Random Melee players wi;l come pick on BRAWL OUT OF FREAKING NOWHERE.

That is that issue.
Oh no, someone doesn't like a game I play. You don't see me crying. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.

@ruse: I'm playing dude. Chill the **** out.

@Dedw8: I was going but then I got scheduled to work. If I can get out of it I will go.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Oh no, someone doesn't like a game I play. You don't see me crying. Seriously, it's not that big of a deal.

@ruse: I'm playing dude. Chill the **** out.

@Dedw8: I was going but then I got scheduled to work. If I can get out of it I will go.
Thats not the Freaking point! Why can't U understand....

It's 1 thing 4 some1 2 not like a game and thats fine.

but whenever some1 comes out of knowhere and barges into my conversation ragging on and on about the fact that their game is better than mine. It's like random pointless flaming.

4 sum reason U can't comprehend this concept. Whatever, I'll break it down 2 U in person.

Edit: While I'm beating U in warcraft lolz :-p

Top Bottom