• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tally Thread (FSU, FAMU, TCC, Leon County)

KBM

Smash Ace
fullmetal alchemist remake is out.

funimation is subbing the episodes every week so we'll be staying caught up with japan... legally O.o

woo funimation!

only two episodes have aired so far though.

either way, new FMA is AWESOME!

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Shotty on your eyes.

Awal just got four times cooler.
I forgot to mention the phrase

"I reeeeeeeeeeeeeally don't wanna admit it but I think Ruse was right guys"

LOL

but I thought MK wasn't gonna be as gay as he is nowadays. but He just got worse and until there is a character that can get past MK then it's absolutely hopeless.

Hell,

Lee Martin, the BEST Lucario player had to pick up MK.

Then again he picked up MK against a DDD player(CO18) and placed 1 level higher than him.

Yeah Azen did good with dif chars but he'z F'in Azen.

Although I believe that teams aren't as broken in Brawl. the highest placing team that used MK or Snake was Afro and Seibrik. N they got 3rd. So I don't se a problem w/ 1 MK per team. But I do see an issue w/ MK in Brawl Singles...

Ruse

Fox
Ruse Presents: Getting ***** 101
1: M2K=meta
2: Dojo=meta
3: DSF=meta/snake/wario
4: Lee Martin=lucario/meta
5: Tyrant=meta
5: Co18=ddd
7: Domo=meta
7: Melee1=ic/meta
9: Infinity=meta
9: RoyR=marth
9: Light=meta/gw
9: Ultimate razer=snake

1: Inui and M2K=meta+meta
2: Stepping it Up for West Coast (Tyrant + DSF) =meta+meta
3: Capn' Crunch (Infinity + UTDZac) =meta+gw
4: Broken arrow (santi + Dojo) =meta+toon link

I'm ahead of my time.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Im up for banning MK for next PHB
Which i mostlikely wont beable to go too 10sadfaces.
Also If were getting a Carpool to PCOLA 6 Im up for the trip :D

Ruse

Fox
Im up for banning MK for next PHB
Which i mostlikely wont beable to go too 10sadfaces.
Also If were getting a Carpool to PCOLA 6 Im up for the trip :D
Minus the second line, this post is ****.

Edit: I dunno if I can make it to the next PHS. I have prom May 9th, I'm getting my tonsils out May 13th (probably won't want to travel on the May 18th weekend because of it), my girlfriend's birthday is May 21st, so I'll be busy the entirety of the May 23rd weekend, and I'm going to LasT May 30th.

Not that I'd be missed too much.

Holy probably won't be able to go, since he's leaving town for the summer (most likely) early May. Manko probably won't go by himself, but who knows.

Also, I've been rethinking the MK ban, and I dunno... Florida doesn't seem to have a MK problem. I mean, if PHS, HOBO, and the LA tourneys all start to ban MK, I might just hop back on the band wagon. Maybe we could get NFL (lol... who lives in NFL?) to start banning him and try to infect the other parts of our state.

KBM

Smash Ace
I definitely liked the "use MK once per match" idea. that way pro players can show that they aren't winning just because of Meta, but can still use him.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Ruse Presents: Getting ***** 101
1: M2K=meta
2: Dojo=meta
3: DSF=meta/snake/wario
4: Lee Martin=lucario/meta
5: Tyrant=meta
5: Co18=ddd
7: Domo=meta
7: Melee1=ic/meta
9: Infinity=meta
9: RoyR=marth
9: Light=meta/gw
9: Ultimate razer=snake

1: Inui and M2K=meta+meta
2: Stepping it Up for West Coast (Tyrant + DSF) =meta+meta
3: Capn' Crunch (Infinity + UTDZac) =meta+gw
4: Broken arrow (santi + Dojo) =meta+toon link

I'm ahead of my time.
1: M2K=meta It's M2K, He'd prob win anywayss
2: Dojo=meta Dojo is pretty good, but he prob would have lost to Lee or DSF w/out Meta
3: DSF=meta/snake/wario - Didn't Use Meta much
4: Lee Martin=lucario/meta - Only REALLY used Meta against CO18 and in 1 other match. It doesn't count. N considering that the main way to beat DDD is MK it's understandable.

Top 4 positions are understandable

Not only that but Azen and Ally weren't there...

Was Ninjalink there?

As a matter of fact.. Lots of Top Players weren't there...

5: Tyrant=meta - This in unacceptable
5: Co18=DDD - CO18 proved that DDD is the next best thing
7: Domo=meta - This in unacceptable
7: Melee1=ic/meta - This in unacceptable
9: Infinity=meta - This in unacceptable
9: RoyR=marth - YAY
9: Light=meta/gw - This in unacceptable
9: Ultimate razer=snake - YAY

lol too true mk already looks angry so you expect him to do ******* things, kirby likes hi and smiles then he inhales you and slaps you around with your own move and dances on your face lol kirby is nice though all he does is dance and eat if you fvck with him then he fvcks you up lol
MrFTW shud quote this

Ruse

Fox
4: Lee Martin=lucario/meta - Only REALLY used Meta against CO18 and in 1 other match. It doesn't count. N considering that the main way to beat DDD is MK it's understandable.
Yeah, but what if he hadn't have used MK?

Just saying.

I personally think MK, Snake, and D3 are all a really lame way out. MK is obviously broken, Snake is just makes no f***ing sense, and D3... if I didn't main ROB, I'd rather fight an MK. At least it's fun, albeit a bit frustrating, to fight Snake and MK.

That's why Florida's top ten makes me 2 girls 1 cup all over myself.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Why waste your time?
Im ****ing sick and tired of melee players acting all high and mighty because they think that
A. Brawl takes no skill
B. Melee>Brawl in every way possible
C. They can Put down anyone who actually tries to enjoy brawl making the feel ******** for doing so.
Why practice brawl??
How bout last cause gigs the 1st place winnings was over 300$ doubles was over 400....

What melee tournament in FL has that much cash output?
How bout cause melee is a 7yr old game with people who've been playing for those 7 years,
and anyone starting from scratch/ from a non pro standpoint has no chance to catch up?
Brawl is only a yr old and can be picked up and played eaiser.

How bout cause the brawl community isnt a bunch of pompus asshats that think they are better than everyone else? (ok sometimes)

Point is Brawl players choose to play brawl competitively and it pisses you off that they arent playing melee.
Well tough ******* brawl isn't going to die

Ballistics

Smash Champion
lol ded if your playing brawl for the money, play online poker, my friend makes about a grand a week in online tournaments

melee IS better than brawl in every way its not pompous its a fact we don't play it for the money we play it because its a GOOD GAME

all you have to do to compete with the pros is learn tech skill and matchups, its really not that hard but it does take dedication, but that comes easily when you actually think a game is cool

BARLW is for kids

Deadweight

Smash Ace
lol ded if your playing brawl for the money, play online poker, my friend makes about a grand a week in online tournaments

melee IS better than brawl in every way its not pompous its a fact we don't play it for the money we play it because its a GOOD GAME

all you have to do to compete with the pros is learn tech skill and matchups, its really not that hard but it does take dedication, but that comes easily when you actually think a game is cool

BARLW is for kids
Right cause gambling in anyway correlates to a video game.
Im not arguing which is the better game, I agree that Melee is better in many aspects. However, its competitive scene is dwindling, and I highly doubt that simply "learning tech skill and matchups" would let me play on level with PC Chris or m2k.
Point is, stop trying to steal brawl's thunder just because you think its a "bad game" or possibly you arent as good in brawl as you are in melee?

SYLAR

Smash Rookie
Im ****ing sick and tired of melee players acting all high and mighty because they think that
A. Brawl takes no skill
B. Melee>Brawl in every way possible
C. They can Put down anyone who actually tries to enjoy brawl making the feel ******** for doing so.
Why practice brawl??
How bout last cause gigs the 1st place winnings was over 300$ doubles was over 400....

What melee tournament in FL has that much cash output?
How bout cause melee is a 7yr old game with people who've been playing for those 7 years,
and anyone starting from scratch/ from a non pro standpoint has no chance to catch up?
Brawl is only a yr old and can be picked up and played eaiser.

How bout cause the brawl community isnt a bunch of pompus asshats that think they are better than everyone else? (ok sometimes)

Point is Brawl players choose to play brawl competitively and it pisses you off that they arent playing melee.
Well tough ******* brawl isn't going to die
DON'T FEED THE TROLL!

I should play more brawl and get good.
Same here. Though I have noticed that I have been getting better, little by little.
I guess getting the tar beaten out of you in tournaments a few dozen times actually helps a little.

KBM

Smash Ace
I agree with Dedw8, melee elitism is F|_|CKING annoying

Brawl is a good game. Melee is a good game. They are different games.

So Brawl has metaknight? Melee has legal infinites and wobbling, as well as a bunch of ******** *** neutrals AND counterpicks. You can't do **** out of shield e.g. falling through a platform, grabbing, attacking, etc. All you can do is jump. Brawl fixed that.

Brawl has a much MUCH better stage selection and a much wider variety of characters.

Melee requires more technical skill to be competitive? Good for you.

Anyone that thinks Brawl takes no skill can come money match me.

Anyone who thinks you can win just by picking Meta Knight, pick him and watch me 3 stock you

god, this crap is getting so ridiculous.

shoshone

Smash Ace
Peeps mad cuz Melee is da shiz.

Hopefully i'll manage my time a lil better and play more often next semester. This semester was a pain in my ***.

Zone

Smash Champion
All I'm gonna say is I enjoy more options, @ high speeds. Which means Melee.

Not trying to put brawl down. It's just my preference. I can't talk I don't play brawl cuz it bores the **** out of me. Whether I win or lose.

I just love the Speed/Mad movement capable in melee/And the combos/ and the fact that you can't make a single **** mistake or it could/will cost you a large sum of % dmg or death. Which is everything brawl doesn't have.

I joke about brawl all the time being a crap game. But I'm not gonna insult you cuz you play it. W/e you enjoy playing, play it. I just always believe you brawl pple who "aren't" that good in melee yet. When you finally feel like you are getting really really good. I just have this gut feeling you'll feel the same way I do. But that's not until you get there.

And the reason I'm not trying this vice versa, is because most of the pple I know who played melee disgustingly good, and practiced @ brawl. Most of the pple I'm thinking of came back to melee (for the most part. some of them still play a little brawl)

Derrick I'll visit again sometime on the weekend. Make sure alot of pple who want to play Melee are there. Not just me you and taco >.>

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing Melee ALOT the past week, and this is what I've come to realize.

Melee is more about the eye hand coordination and raw skill.

Brawl is more about the tactics, patience and strategy.

This does not mean that you don't need tactical knowledge in Melee or skill in Brawl. It's the emphasis on those aspects. Melee is intense because it's fast paced and combo oriented. Brawl is more intense to play than it is to watch. Brawl's intensity derives from outsmarting your opponent. Each game has it's own merit.

KBM

Smash Ace
I've been playing Melee ALOT the past week, and this is what I've come to realize.

Melee is more about the eye hand coordination and raw skill.

Brawl is more about the tactics, patience and strategy.

This does not mean that you don't need tactical knowledge in Melee or skill in Brawl. It's the emphasis on those aspects. Melee is intense because it's fast paced and combo oriented. Brawl is more intense to play than it is to watch. Brawl's intensity derives from outsmarting your opponent. Each game has it's own merit.
good stuff.

i definitely agree that brawl is much more intense to play than to watch. it's generally kinda lame to watch, but when I'm playing a good match, my mind is just racing thinking about my own and my opponent's options and what the best way to handle a situation is.

people criticize Brawl for its "rock-paper-scissors" style of gameplay but that's why you have to be smarter than your opponent and be able to read correctly.

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I have no problems with gameplay

I like to think of myself as a romantic, so Im always searching for beauty

I think melee is beautiful when it is played skillfully, there are many instances where I just have to pause the game and soak in the awesomeness of what our characters just did.

Some people might think brawl is beautiful but I just dont see it

Everyone has different reasons for playing video games though, please dont take my opinion as flaming or being pompous

Alex you should be playing rice all the time, he will increase your power level dramatically. But yeah you should definitely visit in the summer, me and kyle will definitely be down to play.

FloridaMeister

Smash Apprentice
Lee Martin, the BEST Lucario player had to pick up MK.
Actually, he was a MK main before picking up Lucario. He switched once LA held one or two MK banned tourneys. Also, he probably got tired of ****** the rest of LA with MK. Last time we were there, Ruse said Lee was beating him with C. Falcon after all.

*groans at Melee vs Brawl talk*

Ruse

Fox
Actually, he was a MK main before picking up Lucario. He switched once LA held one or two MK banned tourneys. Also, he probably got tired of ****** the rest of LA with MK. Last time we were there, Ruse said Lee was beating him with C. Falcon after all.

*groans at Melee vs Brawl talk*
Joe, get on AIM.

He mained MK until he went to HOBO.. 12? I think. He picked up Lucario two weeks prior and still came in 2nd.

I'm pretty sure he went MK because D3 does pretty d*** good against Lucario.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
Why waste your time?
Because I like picking metaknight and spamming tornado. :) Melee's better, but luckily these games aren't mutually exclusive like so many people make them out to be.

Anyone who thinks you can win just by picking Meta Knight, pick him and watch me 3 stock you
My initial conclusions to this game were that I can win just by picking Meta Knight. IIRC, it worked for a while lol.:laugh:

Edit: Btw, I'm not going to be able to make it to next wednesday's practice due to two exams on thursday. However, I would still like my $10 back. I'm not sure who to speak to, probably chris or drew, but I'd like to play a few games on Saturday and get my moneys back. Down?

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
When you play melee,, your tryng to play an instrument and when you fight you make music

thats how good that game is, it is so much control, have u ever played megaman and just do you dash all over the place because it felt so fuking good....

YES, that same feeling to its MAX ... times millions

thats what melee should feel like... its not about the money or winning the match, its about having the FLOW and feeling your character, thats how i see melee.. and why i want to have 100% control of who ever i pick.

Top Bottom