• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Blah Doom, blah blah blah blah?
[collapse="And you decide to call me Doom even though I posted what I posted not too long ago."]
[/collapse]

I'm feeling great. I've been uploading Mario Party salt. Also, I've decided to play LoZ: WindWaker, Metroid Prime, Mario Golf: TT, and Mario Power Tennis.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
I'll watch your channel again if you do a LP for WW (and give me a mention) :)
:( I'm already halfway done with the game... I just cleared the Earth Temple right now and I'm searching for the other sage... Game's hard to LP since you're spending over half of the time sailing from one destination to the next.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
So about me reaching my goal as number 1 Lucas in da world...I feel Ive reached it. But I'm curious to know the community's opinion ;)
Did any of yall see the Clash 1 live stream? Is this proof enough for anyone who hasn't seen me play? I know I just started smash in 2010. But at each tourney I've gone to I've grown. After Clash 1 felt like I have advanced Lucas to a level to be able to compete in Singles! Watch out guys I plan to change the tier list!

I got first in dubs with m2k and 7th in singles. I have a unique Lucas playstyle. I've created 4 new techniques/mixups for lucas and have advanced his metagame.

Here is the link to da stream - http://www.twitch.tv/vvv_chibosempai/b/294183805
Feel free to compare to any other vids out there.
inb4 various fanboys come in and hate lol

Marly

Smash Journeyman
Mekos' Lucas is so good that it carried M2K's Metaknight in teams while being played with Mekos' feet.

M@v

Subarashii!
I'm still calling bull**** on those pk thunder gimps vs berserker game 3. Never thought pk thunder was so wacky like that.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Naw bruh that's pretty legit! :). I love that tactic. It works on anyone but gets mostly the space animals, marth, and most of all ike IMO! Did u see I got Nairo with it?

Lol I heard yalls commentary saying I should have stayed back. That's true sometimes but I've realized over these past tourneys that pika camping gets read easily by good players. They just power shield and punish. So I still do it but I mix it up a whole lot. My hyper rush down game is risky but it revolves around me reading the opponent. I'm really good at reading and play a bait/punish game. With the new techniques I made for lucas it allows for me to be really quick and rush down my opponent with little options for punishment if I read correctly.

I think this is the best for lucas because lucas is quick and powerful but lacks priority. My new lucas metagame evolves around me attacking before the opponents attack can come out. The new techniques such as snaking adds MINDGAMES and SPEED to the mix. It's pretty awesome!

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I've been doing well consistently lately. I think you need to look at who knocks me out. At Ktar6 I got atmosk second round! I then fought a long and hard through losers and finally lost to an awesome set with malcom, who is the best wario. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FWY32bpODVM.

I had him but made one mistake from lack of experience. It changed the whole momentum game 3. Anyways, After Ktar I gained the ability to read extremely well and that can be seen in the clash vids. Lucas has very low priority yet I did what i did in those vids. Check it out. That is only from reading your opponent correctly. The same for my defensive game. Every other lucas gets gimped easily. I don't because I read what they are going to do.

You also have to remember I only go lucas. So for example at Clash 1 I got knocked out by Will. If u saw I outplayed him the whole time but when he got 1 grab he infinited me. He will tell you this himself.

Lastly, I think you should look at more than just placing even tho that is a good factor. But like Ally said u can't bring up the past. Compare current placings and playstyles. Of course someone who has gone to tourneys longer should have a better record. For they have had better chances. Compare current playstyle and placings is all i'm saying. I've won many local dubs tourneys and one regional. In singles I only lose to fellow top players. They are always close sets and it is basically the first time I have ever played them(and seen there tricks). Everyone I have ever lost to in winners or losers is on this list. I have grown from those battles and next time it will be a different story for I am the one with the new tricks ;)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
All u have to do is compare gameplay...lol. Of us lucas players playing fellow top players in tourney. I think that is the best way to judge. I mean I don't care if I would have got dead last at clash I still would have shown that as proof as to show how my lucas plays.

SN: Why the heck is Ally not first for snake? This thread is weird!

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
In this thread it does :urg:

Also, the other part of this trend is "Take 1 game off m2k with B tier or lower character=instafirst with that character."
If that's the case, then Holms should be best Wolf since he took a game off M2K with Wolf at Brainshock Beta. But...he doesn't even play the game either. What. The. Heck.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea anything I do in life I give my all. I don't do anything half hearted. And don't like being represented where I shouldn't. I'm not giving up on lucas. I promise yall as long as I can go to tourney Lucas will be high low tier or mid tier by the end of brawl!! There isn't any video out there that has another US lucas playing better than mine. Anybody prove it. I'm confident in that. Just like I'm confident Fow is best Ness and Ally is best Snake. At least one of them made it lol.

Each month of my tourneys u can see my lucas is upgrading with new skills. Now I've aquired a crazy skill to read people really well. I think it came with tourney experience. I finally have had enuff of it know what people are going to do next. I also, have created techniques that allow me to capitalize on those reads that a regular lucas can't. This can be seen in the clash 1 vids that will be uploaded. I won't lie. I still need to master the snake, olimar, and DDD(these match ups when they are camping the whole time)match ups.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
I love the way this thread works.
Instead of comparing results and statistics like logical human beings, everyone is all "_____ SHOULD BE BEST ____" or "AY I PLAYED _____ AND HIS_____ WAS REALLY GOOD, PUT HIM FOR BEST _____".

The best part about it is that Miles picks and chooses certain people to listen to when coming up with an order for the list (hence him getting trolled into putting a fake user on the Jigglypuff list).

Stay classy Smashboards. :awesome:

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Smashboards isn't classy, Fuujin. Dudley is.

But yeah... I still haven't been removed from the top 5. Will it be a million years before someone finally realizes that I need to be taken off that list?

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Here he Here, ya boy is back.

What changes need to be done? I"m aware that DK needs an update as well as a few others, Mekos says he wants first place Lucas but that requires a discussion imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom