• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
player 1, posting tournament "results" is pointless because its impossible to determine if getting 1st at a midwest tourny is just as good as getting 5th at a ny/nj tourny. the format should be --

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Player A:

Wins - joe123, samusmain45947857, peachking, meganight

Losses - jackson, hairyballs, XxXsNIPEkilla$$XxX

Player B

Wins - forfff, dat*****joe, helium

Losses - jackson, lilbill

etc.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
heres a brilliant idea to avoid this being a regional bias circle jerk contest which it currently is.

whatever character is being discussed, anyone who is eligible to be a contender for top 5 should post all of their wins/losses with that character for the past 5/6 months. those results will show who the better players are. this is how every region does their regions pr's and i dont understand why this group still doesnt do this.
That would be a logical way of handling things buuuuut

You're asking too much of this site.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Also just a question for everyone.
Which player hold more merit in these two situations for a higher spot on a character ranking?

Player 1: Uses a low/mid tier character but also "sometimes" goes Snake, MK, Diddy, etc (a character significantly better than the character their being ranked for.) and has pretty solid good results.

or

Player 2: Uses the same low/mid tier character solely and 100% but has results fairly lower than Player 1

Imo player 2 should have higher merit, especially considering the gap between higher tiered characters compared to lower tiered characters.
I think people often look at solely results and sometimes ignore the fact that the person used a higher tiered character.

For instance if I see
29th out of 88 with: :link2:
as opposed to
5th out of 88 with: :marth::link2:

I'm personally more impressed by the person who went 100% link and got 29th rather that someone who resorted to one or two significantly better characters during the tournament.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
thats why the "2nd/659068" type results shouldnt be even looked at, only the wins/losses with the character being discussed should be what counts.

so for instance if we are discussing zss and I beat m2k, ant!, aIIy, and v1nnie at a tourny. but i used mk on m2k, ant!, and v!nnie...only the win on a11y would count for zss discussion

Player-1

Smash Legend
Also just a question for everyone.
Which player hold more merit in these two situations for a higher spot on a character ranking?

Player 1: Uses a low/mid tier character but also "sometimes" goes Snake, MK, Diddy, etc (a character significantly better than the character their being ranked for.) and has pretty solid good results.

or

Player 2: Uses the same low/mid tier character solely and 100% but has results fairly lower than Player 1
I only use Diddy and Bowser and my results are like 100x better than Player-2

bad example is bad.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
cant tell if you are trolling p1 but he was using "player 1" as a generic example, not actually talking about you lol

C.J.

Smash Master
He was trolling.

Placing in tournament is completely irrelevant.

Wins/Losses are the only thing that matter.

DRN

Smash Lord
where is the DRN coming from? lol can we plz haz vids of YBM and DRN....No one can know how good they are until they are actually seen
Note: I'm not saying YBM and DRN are bad, i just need to see someone play before i can Support them
I'll get vids recorded of me this weekend hopefully.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
For instance if I see
29th out of 88 with: :link2:
as opposed to
5th out of 88 with: :marth::link2:

I'm personally more impressed by the person who went 100% link and got 29th rather that someone who resorted to one or two significantly better characters during the tournament.
Id first find out if the Marth/Link went any Link and won in the later rounds, and if he did, Id be more impressed with the Marth/Link's Link.

M@v

Subarashii!
As a guy who was in Florida for a bit, I can safely say Texas attention *****s more. mink, xaltis, and the rest of sfl Florida is 2nd.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
In whoring, FL is first. Texas is just bigger and better, so we have more legit reasons to get attention.

Coney

Smash Master
As a guy who was in Florida for a bit, I can safely say Texas attention *****s more. mink, xaltis, and the rest of sfl Florida is 2nd.
LMFAO MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY

texas at least does it funny though, and i don't think i've met a texan player i didn't like

texas4lyfe

C.J.

Smash Master
But how are you going to get nominated if you don't have someone meatriding you hard enough to get you noticed?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Im making a case for best olimar, first of all, tourney Record over the past 3 months

Wins
Defeated Vinnie x7
Defeated juice.Ally x2
Defeated vVv Cheese x3
Defeated juice.Fatal x2
Defeated Will x2
Defeated John #s x2
Defeated Dark.pch x2
Defeated ADHD
Defeated Bizkit
Defeated Logic
Defeated Bloodcross
Defeated TeeVee
Defeated Bleachigo
Defeated juice.shadow
Defeated vVv Chibosempai
Defeated Neo
Defeated Deven3000
Defeated Harpking
Defeated H1N1
Defeated Nathan
Defeated Shadowfiend
Defeated Xivk and jokaru
Defeated SGTW
Defeated Nuke
Defeated Silver Sonic
Defeated Dul0r
Defeated Complete random (xD)

Losses
Lost to ADHD x3
Lost to Vinnie x2
Lost to Atomsk
Lost to Nairo

LIRR
1st of 6 in my pool
5th out of 24 in singles pro bracket

KTAR 6:
9 out of 128

Concentrate 1:
2 out of 42

Uprise of L.I. 6
1 out of 15?

PNT plainview
1 ouf ot 15

PNT northport
1 out of 10

Concentrate 2
1 out of 57

I am now #1 on the NY/NJ PR

Finally, what has RB done as of late? And is anything he has done lately comparable to what I have done?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom