• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Dabuz you can't count that, I was forced to not use MK which you probably wouldn't win, RB still has better wins. The MK ban is really saving you from everything.
What about characters he fought that don't use pocket mk like you? srs question. this may effect future discussions over the course of the mk ban

Dabuz olimar isnt being discussed until about 5 more weeks :o
yes. keep your post though and add to it, keep a link of it until olimar appears.

discussion on G tier can begin, changes to H will be made when I can some freakin time this weekend. ive been swamped with hw

Player-1

Smash Legend
G Tier:
-2Fast on mario list (1 or 2 maybe)
-Uncle possible contender for top 5 bowser? IDK, one of the other bowsers should probably say something on this, he did well at a tournament this past weekend coming in 9th out of 26 taking out a few people with Bowser (he beat like everyone he won against with bowser in at least one game).
-REFLEX #1 FALCON, ALLY DOESN'T EVEN PLAY FALCON IN TOURNAMENT, REFLEX DOES AND HAS DONE WELL.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Phiddlesticks hasn't used Bowser in tournament since spring this year, don't know what that means for this list.

MrEh, besides 1 tournament this summer has been completely inactive as far as I can tell.

Since this list also includes Mexico Arlex should probably be on the list but I have no idea how he compares to other Bowsers.

So basically remove MrEh from the list (and maybe Phiddlesticks) and add Uncle (and maybe Arlex).

edit: Almost forgot Limit. He's also only been to one tournament in the last 6 months so it's hard to know what to do with him. As you can see active Bowsers are a rarity.

I guess he should be moved below Zigsta and given the benefit of the doubt since his last activity was more recent than MrEh/Phiddlestick's.

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Everything texas says goes through xyro's consent whom is gdlike at trash talk, FL keeps it real and is not afraid their posts will suck.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
ally mains MK as of last year dude, almost all of his play time ever since MLG ended last year has been focusing on only MK.

dabuz is probably best olimar I would agree (hard to compare to nietono and brood but easier to compare to rich; Rich kind of quit after MLG to focus on his music life based on the last time I talked with him few weeks ago). Rich hasn't done enough, while dabuz has done a lot

I also agree with ally that the MK ban is saving him a lot.

but ally mains MK at this point. He has a pocket MK about the same as I have a pocket sheik in melee.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I dont respect Ally for maining a character that is infinitely less cool than his Captain Falcon, so I prefer to think it's a pocket MK that just ***** and that way my cool meter of him just stays above the threshold

anyways, enough about that, dabuz is way in for considering a change to the olimar list so dont worry if the case with activity is true for RB.

Hum.. I will probably do a new theme this time with an easier list function but we'll see how I feel tonight. The gamecube scheme has run its toll.

Fuujin

Smash Champion
How did you guys go from Ganon, to ZSS, to Olimar, to Mario then back to Olimar all within like 5 days.

Is it that hard for people to focus on one character and save their opinions for the designated week?

MVD

Smash Master
Weeks take too long imo the list will never be accurate if its that spread out cause we always have tournaments and the list can change by the time we are at a higher tier

:phone:

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
Can we have a "best team combination" for players

Me and Illmatic for top tier

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
I dont respect Ally for maining a character that is infinitely less cool than his Captain Falcon, so I prefer to think it's a pocket MK that just ***** and that way my cool meter of him just stays above the threshold

anyways, enough about that, dabuz is way in for considering a change to the olimar list so dont worry if the case with activity is true for RB.

Hum.. I will probably do a new theme this time with an easier list function but we'll see how I feel tonight. The gamecube scheme has run its toll.
you play Wario and Pit, 2 gay *** characters, don't even talk LOL.

KT Kasrani

Smash Champion
lol jus be random wit the character updates.

do watever people are interested in at the time. itll get things done faster. and keep the thread more active

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Can we have a "best team combination" for players

Me and Illmatic for top tier

This would take so long lolol like wtf lol

lol jus be random wit the character updates.

do watever people are interested in at the time. itll get things done faster. and keep the thread more active
I stated this before also, it's cool that you have a system and schedule to follow, but there are sections of this list that people will completely loose interest in. So if the convo switches don't get offended other people lol.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Guys, be patient and let low tier players get talked about for once. :p

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
I've heard good things about Uncle, but he doesn't have a single video up yet.

As for Arlex, I know hardly anything about the Mexico Smash scene, and he doesn't have any videos, either.

If I could just see ONE video for each of them, I'd be much more comfortable ranking them.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Hi there :)

I would like to toss my name into the hat for a top 5 Mario placement. I won't be offended if I'm not selected as I don't campaign often enough to get recognized, and I've been too busy with school this semester to make any sort of effort to sleep enter any tournaments. Regardless, I do feel I deserve some consideration, and I am sure anyone who has played me live (generally East Coast Canada) will attest to my skills.

I'll cite Flayl's collected tournament data for Mario: http://flayl.tengun.net/smash/lowtier_players.php?rpp=20&loc=&char=MRO. As you can see, I'm ranked 4th. Granted, it's only from two recent (and apparently a third old one I didn't know existed!) tournaments, but this is because I came back from a long layoff; in 2009, I was arguably the most productive Mario when Ankoku was collecting tournament data for his character rankings thread. It may be worth noting that KirinBlaze has not entered a tournament using Mario since June, Inferno since May, Xero since 2010 (O.O), and myself since September; ergo, most of the Mario players under consideration will most probably have dated results.

Other miscellaneous facts, I am currently ranked 10th on the Quebec PR, and my most notable recent tournament wins have been over GUARD and Stroumbert. All of my tournament results I can cite in the Mario 2011 Tournament Attendance thread.

Anyway, that's my ramble for the topic. Best of luck to all the other players for the selection process :).

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
That's actually really good placing, top 10 for a mario, good job.

I will just say that I got lazy guys, maybe this week thing wont be taken too seriously, but like Zig said do pay attention to the topic on hand if possible. There's no bad that comes from talking about characters not in their respective weeks, just want to kinda flow here.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
I completely forgot you did work thatguy lol I think he belongs in the top 5 for Mario along with 2fast
list IMO

1.boss
2/3 flameleon/vato_break
4/5 2fast / thatguy

though I really feel that all the spots after boss could go up to any of these players. Just seems a bit more accurate this way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom