• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Honestly, Gnes has the best Toonlink.. in my opinion.
Only because he's a smarter player and understands these extremely weird options.

Then it's MJG
Jash / Jerm,
PJ / Kingtoon.

MJG is a clear cut above the rest.
Jash and Jerm are basically in the same tier. Both amazing players but extremely inactive.
Kingtoon and PJ are near the same level and have equal accomplishments.
Why Jerm> PJ?
I think the list for DDD needs to be fixed the most.

1.) Atomsk should be like 2nd or 3rd. He goes mostly DDD at MK banned tourneys and does very well with him. Recent results are probably easy to find, Smashachussets is the most recent one I think.
2.) Zekey is the 2nd best DDD in the USA? First of all his results / wins are nowhere near as good as those of 4GOD and second he uses Diddy now. He's good enough for top 5 but 2nd is a huge stretch. Right now, he is NOT better than 4GOD and Atomsk.
3.) 4GOD as 3rd is justified but not below Zekey.
4.) Addy is the strongest DDD in a highly competent region and should be on the top 5 for sure.
5.) Lee Martin still wins regional tourneys and he uses DDD with or without MK banned. He probably should be taken into consideration
6.) CO18 =/= active; hasn't been for a long time

1st Coney
2nd Atomsk
3rd 4GOD / Addy
4th 4GOD / Addy
5th Zekey / [Lee Martin]

That's a DDD list I could approve of. Or you could switch Atomsk's and Zekey's places on the current list and replace CO18 with Addy or something.

:059:
I didn't know Lee Martin leaves LA for Brawl anymore. Where have you seen him win "regionals"?

Player-1

Smash Legend
4god should be above atomsk IMO, zekey should still be above lee martin. Lee martin doesn't win regionals, he wins locals with like 1 or 2 good notable players there and he doesn't even use full DDD

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Zekey RARELY goes Diddy. He only uses him very early on to practice him.

As for Lee, he only uses D3 against JNig if MK is banned.

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
Zekey def uses diddy for certain MUs. He already said 4God should be ahead of him now.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
The reason why I'm reluctant to have 4GOD as #2 above Atomsk is because while he has some big wins that'd justfiy his position as top 3 DDD he doesn't actually have a winning record against the good players from his region as far as I'm aware. He's either even with or slightly loses to P1, Reflex and the people he consistently beats such as Micaelis or McPee aren't as good as the people Atomsk beats. It's a tough call I admit but I'm leaning towards Atomsk as #2 DDD for that reason.

Edit: You may actually be right. The biggest tourney Atomsk used DDD at doesn't even have a bracket image in the result thread -.-

:059:

Because Jerm is a better player when compared to PJ.
Mhm.

Both players are really good, and pretty close in skill, but IMO Jerm is much more solid player, and has a more consistent playstyle.

I agree with your list completely (minus the Gnes part :awesome:)

MJG
Jash/Jerm
PJ/KT

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Why isn't Atomsk the 2nd D3.. He's currently PR'd in the new NY/NJ PR and still uses him every tournament he goes to from what I've seen. His wins are far better than the current 2nd and 3rd D3's

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Because half of his wins aren't D3, they are MK or whatever other character he uses. Coney and 4god solely use D3 even against Olimars, Falcos, Pikachus, ICs and the rest (4god beat my ICs in a game the last time we played in tournament....scary ****)

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Honestly, Gnes has the best Toonlink.. in my opinion.
Only because he's a smarter player and understands these extremely weird options.

Then it's MJG
Jash / Jerm,
PJ / Kingtoon.

MJG is a clear cut above the rest.
Jash and Jerm are basically in the same tier. Both amazing players but extremely inactive.
Kingtoon and PJ are near the same level and have equal accomplishments.
Yo Mjg is a smart man. He is one of the few players in my 3% list (people who understand doubles in the brawl community) ;)

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Esam When did you use DK last? Because I see you for 4th DK. Is Dr Grandpa still inactive?
I normally use DK at least once in tournament. I used him against Sushi Man at the last NCSU, I use him in MMs and I did against Kadaj at Swagger on Steroids in GF.

I should clearly be on the Samus list since I won GF of the last NCSU solely with Samus.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Now I don't feel bad for 4GOD beating my ICs either.

How the **** did he do that.
I played with 4GOD at Apex for probably 2 hours (and I know he tried to play every other IC there as well) where I repeatedly beat him over and over trying to explain every little nuance I could think in the MU that DDD can use to make things really messed up for IC. Out of like the 24 games we played, he probably won 3 of them, but by the end of our session things were getting REALLY close.

TLDR: I suspect he did it by putting in the work and learning his character's problem MU.
4God for #2 on DDD.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I just placed 5th and beat Blue Rogue at a tourney. Does that count for anything?

Death Arcana

Rum is for Drinking
3DS FC
3179-6169-5116
Mars may or may not be a T-5 Sheik. I guess NoID, too.

Does playing among top players in Utah quantify the same as placing 9-17 in huge Texas tournaments? What about, iirc, 3-9 in MD/VA? Or top 3 in MI with an IC/MK being one of the best players in the region?

I think that's what you're comparing if you're splitting between Tutu/NoID/Mars/Tree to be honest. I think for now the top-3 are on lock though. Billy, Ed and Judo seem to clearly be the best of the bunch.
I mean yea I guess you could say that.....or you could say that X's Sonic got 6th at MLG Dallas and he doesn't even get first at every Utah tournament. So there's clearly some talent there. I did get top 5 at a Vegas tournament in 2011 as well.

Not really trying to start drama or whatever but the only player clearly above me in skill level is Judo. Every other Sheik loses to any noteworthy player in their region.

-Mars

Tesh

Smash Hero
Because Jerm is a better player when compared to PJ.
Isn't Jerm kind of inactive lately though? If he is inactive, he should drop just like Junebug did.
yoooo if there's one spot I care is my falcon spot, I'ma wreck Stroumbert next weekend WITH Falcon
Not that the ditto is any more important than other matchups, but Ally is the best Falcon.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
yoooo if there's one spot I care is my falcon spot, I'ma wreck Stroumbert next weekend WITH Falcon
Ally ditched PS3 becuz he was ascared of me.

No but, Falcon list should be updated to:

Ally
Stroum (Uses mostly Falco but is still godlike)
Reflex (Uses mostly Wario? but still holds 3rd because Falcon mains are bad)
lordhelmet (Only active Falcon main who doesn't go 0-2, I have two more tournies coming up, I think I can prove myself)
Culex (I think he goes all Falco now, I don't think his Falcon ever did that well anyway)

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Mars may or may not be a T-5 Sheik. I guess NoID, too.

Does playing among top players in Utah quantify the same as placing 9-17 in huge Texas tournaments? What about, iirc, 3-9 in MD/VA? Or top 3 in MI with an IC/MK being one of the best players in the region?

I think that's what you're comparing if you're splitting between Tutu/NoID/Mars/Tree to be honest. I think for now the top-3 are on lock though. Billy, Ed and Judo seem to clearly be the best of the bunch.
Noid has beaten Seagull, Omni, and many more with Sheik and he isn't considered a top 5 Sheik compared to Tree who has done nothing notable?

Patches

Smash Master
Ally ditched PS3 becuz he was ascared of me.

No but, Falcon list should be updated to:

Ally
Stroum (Uses mostly Falco but is still godlike)
Reflex (Uses mostly Wario? but still holds 3rd because Falcon mains are bad)
lordhelmet (Only active Falcon main who doesn't go 0-2, I have two more tournies coming up, I think I can prove myself)
Culex (I think he goes all Falco now, I don't think his Falcon ever did that well anyway)
Culex may have a beast falcon, but he doesn't play anymore. I say swap out culex with Iliad. Iliad used him quite well at our LT side event at SiD6

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom