• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luxord

Smash Journeyman
1)Coney
2)Atomsk
3)4GOD
4)ZEKEY
5)Lee Martin

imo.

EDIT:

Also, for DK

1)Will
2)Nairo
3)Cable
4)ESAM
5)Dr. Grandpa
I think it should be:
2. Atomsk/4GOD
3. Atomsk/4GOD
atomsk really does use MK a decent amount tbh

Where/against who has ESAM used DK to be on the list at 4th?
Also how active is Dr. Grandpa now? If not at all I don't see why other DK mains can't make it on.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
If other DDDs lived in my region they'd understand why I don't use him vs Dabuz ADHD and Vinnie.

sheikamaru

jive
You gentlemen should comes to Texas tournies and catch my boy tree in action if you want anything notable ;)

How often does this list get updated? And how does consistency play a role in the rankings?

Coney

Smash Master
Well no, it was ddd/ics and then ddd/gw but it still was a silly, silly set that shouldn't count for anything.

My Lucas HAS won a low tier tournament tho

:phone:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
John#s isn't on the top 5 list?

Woops, he should be on there, at least over DD since he is more active than DD and has been performing better,

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
:popo:

1. Vinnie
2. FreEsam
3. lain
4. Smoom77
5. DEHF / Roller

Zekeishere

Smash Ace
If other DDDs lived in my region they'd understand why I don't use him vs Dabuz ADHD and Vinnie.
I played ADHD at Apex a lot, Dabuz at LSC for a little while. LOL I UNDERSTAND man. =(

And LOL at me using Diddy the majority of the time...

I used him in pools at Champion, and in the first round. One game total so far.

Either way, I have been cutting back a lot and I would feel content with myself at 3rd or 4th. Goooooo Jorge!

Roller

Smash Legend
:popo:

1. Vinnie
2. FreEsam
3. lain
4. Smoom77
5. DEHF / Roller
Saint, me, you, & Chthreethreesthree all have better ICs than DEHF, imo. (I may be forgetting someone else as well) Not that his are bad by any means.

Yours are still better than the rest of ours though.

Also, it might be appropriate to consider removing Lain. He has not done anything close to impressive in over 6 months. His only notable performance was like 5th or something at REVENGE. And there he lost to a fox player (who isn't even listed in the top 5 ;))...

Apex is the only tourney he's entered this year, and his round 1 pool did not have a single player whose name I recognized. His 2nd he didn't make it out of.

Last tourney he was at before APEX he went more MK, and the times I saw him go ICs he lost to Zinoto, and Sparta Kick. It should be further noted that my ICs double 2 stocked SK in that same tournament.

He does not have access to a wii and has not been to a smashfest since mid summer. You could count the number of times he's played since August on a single hand. He's rusty with his ICs at best, his cgs less consistent than my grandmother's bowels, and uses mk more times than not.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's taught me much of what I know. But when he switches mains, doesn't practice, under performs, and then doesn't show up at all. It may be time to consider his reign at an end.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Roller, why do you hate me? :(

I don't think I'd agree with dropping lain yet, but you know MI better than we do.

1. Vinnie
2. FreEsam
3. Smoom77
4. Cheese/DEHF/Roller/Saint
5. Cheese/DEHF/Roller/Saint

???

I also hear Dojo is getting pretty good with ICs. Elv8 is ranked 2 on Bama's PR as well.

Roller

Smash Legend
Lux, I leave it to you. Lain has been both inactive and maining another character longer than you have. So the way I see it, you can't take yourself off and leave him on.

Have fun choosing what to do with that. lol

I'd vote to just leave both of you up there for the next month or 2 though. You've still been using them to some success recently enough.

I really don't know how elev8 does better over there than Saint... Saint seems better to me. I'm sure Dojo is close, but tbh I haven't seen ANY vids of his ICs. Do you know of any? He also has 2-4 characters listed by his name for any given tournament. So I have no idea who he's actually used them against.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lux, I leave it to you. Lain has been both inactive and maining another character longer than you have. So the way I see it, you can't take yourself off and leave him on.

Have fun choosing what to do with that. lol

I'd vote to just leave both of you up there for the next month or 2 though. You've still been using them to some success recently enough.

I really don't know how elev8 does better over there than Saint... Saint seems better to me. I'm sure Dojo is close, but tbh I haven't seen ANY vids of his ICs. Do you know of any? He also has 2-4 characters listed by his name for any given tournament. So I have no idea who he's actually used them against.
Dojo from what I've seen and from talking to him recently uses about 90% IC's in bracket. He's been placing in the money at the tournaments he's going to I have only seen videos of him against denti in the grand finals of the last tournament he was at however and he lost.

Roller

Smash Legend
The reason for my apprehensions:

March 4th:
1: Dojo :metaknight: 100$

February 19th:
5: Dojo :popo::diddy::metaknight:

5th in a tourney with less than 30 people is what? 3-4 match wins? How could he have used ICs "90%" of the time if he used 3 characters?

And mk was soft banned at that tourney (opponent had to agree from what I understand), when mk is legal he still goes straight mk as can be seen from his last tourney. I have no doubt he is good. I'd just like to see his ICs/results where he actually goes (almost) solely ICs.

It also doesn't help that the TOs over there never seem to post the brackets.. =/

Player-1

Smash Legend
elev8 would be over saint, I think Saint knows the Diddy MU a lot better, but elev8 always places higher plus he's only went to like 2 tournaments in the past 5 months cuz of his job. Elev8 only goes to tournaments in auburn/phenix city but he's also good.

1. Esam
2. Vinnie
3. Smoom (I guess? Idk his results)
4. Delux
5. Cheese (Idk his results either, Dojo wouldn't be a bad choice I suppose)

IMO

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Not sure how you could justify putting Esam over Vinnie for IC's. They are both amazing but Vinnie clearly has better results.

Edit: Ninja'd

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
Saint, me, you, & Chthreethreesthree all have better ICs than DEHF, imo. (I may be forgetting someone else as well) Not that his are bad by any means.

Yours are still better than the rest of ours though.

Also, it might be appropriate to consider removing Lain. He has not done anything close to impressive in over 6 months. His only notable performance was like 5th or something at REVENGE. And there he lost to a fox player (who isn't even listed in the top 5 ;))...

Apex is the only tourney he's entered this year, and his round 1 pool did not have a single player whose name I recognized. His 2nd he didn't make it out of.

Last tourney he was at before APEX he went more MK, and the times I saw him go ICs he lost to Zinoto, and Sparta Kick. It should be further noted that my ICs double 2 stocked SK in that same tournament.

He does not have access to a wii and has not been to a smashfest since mid summer. You could count the number of times he's played since August on a single hand. He's rusty with his ICs at best, his cgs less consistent than my grandmother's bowels, and uses mk more times than not.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's taught me much of what I know. But when he switches mains, doesn't practice, under performs, and then doesn't show up at all. It may be time to consider his reign at an end.
Since I've seen this like 20 times... for the record, you beat me in winners when I was playing like a *******. And then I took Lain out in losers directly after he took you out of losers. And you can't simply decide who's better because they did better vs. x player. I'm a lot more familiar with Lain's style of ICs, and your "stand there and do nothing" style really got to me. Lain's consistency on his CGs now is ****ty though, and his ICs have certainly fallen off. I still think the main thing keeping him off the list if he is off of it is inactivity.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
The only thing I have over vinnie is beating Kakera, but that isn't fair since he didn't either. Vinnie's results are clearly better than mine with ICs. I personally think we are about even and just better at different MUs, but I use him as a secondary, not a main.

Vinnie

Smash Master
I think Lain deserves to be on the list still. He kinda invented ICs. Got top 5 at APEX 2010 (something that warrants being put over people that only place at locals... at least for a while). He also got top 5 at that Midwest regional that was mentioned a little bit before. He did go a lot of MK though.

Lain is an iconic player in IC history, his inactivity will make him go down eventually, but yeah.

Dojo and Delux should also be considered imo.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lain seems about as active as me.

Which is like..non-existent lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lain is currently ranked in MI (it was updated in January) and went to Apex. He's not TOTALLY inactive yet.
I mean...I went to Apex and placed the same as Lain. I talked to lain about my pool and his and he thought my pool was considerable harder and that he would have gotten last in my pool.

I love lain, he's amazing at this game. I think he's easily top 3 IC's. The problem is he doesn't play the game often as far as I know and the inactivity really pushes you out. I've experienced this first hand, people that I could 3 stock go even with me now because I'm so much worse than I used to be and they are improving, this is solely from not playing brawl often. I believe if I practiced like I used to I would easily be top 5 no question, but I'm not really even close currently lol and I feel like lain plays about as much as I do, we just really don't practice or care a ton about our placings anymore we just go off natural skill, and that is super inconsistent.

Roller

Smash Legend
you can't simply decide who's better because they did better vs. x player.
I never did this tho?

I wasn't claiming I was better than Lain because of that (or at all). I was claiming that he had fallen off citing that as an event (one of his only recent events) showing him not being as dominant as he used to be. I have been saying over and over that I should not be on this list at all. Where did I say I was better than Lain???????

I'm not.

I'm sorry if I upset you, SK. It was not meant to attack your prowess as a player, and it was not meant to buff my resume. It was only a measure of Lain's under-performance, nothing more.

I mean...I went to Apex and placed the same as Lain. I talked to lain about my pool and his and he thought my pool was considerable harder and that he would have gotten last in my pool.

I love lain, he's amazing at this game. I think he's easily top 3 IC's. The problem is he doesn't play the game often as far as I know and the inactivity really pushes you out. I've experienced this first hand, people that I could 3 stock go even with me now because I'm so much worse than I used to be and they are improving, this is solely from not playing brawl often. I believe if I practiced like I used to I would easily be top 5 no question, but I'm not really even close currently lol and I feel like lain plays about as much as I do, we just really don't practice or care a ton about our placings anymore we just go off natural skill, and that is super inconsistent.
I was going based off of what happened with Anther. Since he is exactly for pikachu what Lain is for ICs. He got dropped below every other decent pikachu. Is he better than virtually all of them? Yes. He is at least as good as Z is imo. But this thread keeps saying that only wins in the last ~6 months matter. And that wins from even a year ago are outdated. Otherwise YOU should obviously still be on the list, Hylian.

I guess I'm confused. Half the time this thread claims to be ONLY recent results based, and not an all time list. The other half of the time... It is looked at with regards to all-time results. Vinnie mentioned top 5 at APEX 2010. Yeah, that is extremely impressive. But then why aren't we looking at the wins/results from 2010 for anyone else? The criteria for this seems to change with the winds.

And @ all the ICs, why are you even bothering to respond to P1's list? He has no idea what he's talking about regarding ICs players. He doesn't even know who smoom is... Vinnie, you're obviously #1 right now. Nobody worth listening to is going to refute that.

Sparta Kick

Smash Ace
I never did this tho?

I wasn't claiming I was better than Lain because of that (or at all). I was claiming that he had fallen off citing that as an event (one of his only recent events) showing him not being as dominant as he used to be. I have been saying over and over that I should not be on this list at all. Where did I say I was better than Lain???????

I'm not.

I'm sorry if I upset you, SK. It was not meant to attack your prowess as a player, and it was not meant to buff my resume. It was only a measure of Lain's under-performance, nothing more.
I know you weren't claiming you were better. You're trying to show an extreme example of how far Lain's fallen off by comparing how you did vs. me and how he did vs. me. There's too many factors to take into account and you can't look at direct comparisons like that, even at the same tourney. I'll definitely admit he's fallen off, but I don't think he'd go any lower than 4... unless the list takes activity into account. And the list is so inconsistent with activity that I assumed that didn't matter. I mean... CO18 is listed as a top 5 DDD?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom