• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Btw, I went to a tourney a week after I got that 5th, Roller, and got 2nd at a 30 man tourney beating PJ and Megafox in 2 sets with ICs. Also took Denti to game 5 in GF. I think WF might have been game 4 if not game 5, can't remember.

I only have 3 tournaments and about 8 sets of experience with them so I wouldn't consider myself that good yet. It's more my overall skill as a player that I think is helping me beat the people I have. Still currently working on my money situation, but once that is worked out (and when summer hits) I should be attending alot more.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
WOAH wtf.
I am not a contender for top 5 Ice Climbers by any means. Everyone chill, lol.

1. Vinnie
2. ESAM (FreESAM wtv Idc)
3. Smoom/DeLux
4. Smoom/DeLux (whichever isn't 3)
5. Roller
6. Cheese/elev8/Dojo/DEHF
7. Cheese/elev8/Dojo/DEHF
8. ^
9. ^
10. This is about where I am, IMO.

Edit: I am leaving inactive people off. (Hylian and Lain) Even though I'm pretty inactive myself, mainly due to work. I think I might tell my boss to shove it soon though. Depends on if I can find another job.

Roller

Smash Legend
@SK, We're of the same persuasion then. I completely agree that if activity is not a factor Lain should beyond a shadow of a doubt remain 3rd.

Kryz, if you'd be so kind as to once again let us know whether or not this issue should be considered for this list's criteria. I know you have mentioned it in the past, however I see it listed nowhere in the OP.

@dojo, not gonna lie. Those are some solid wins. I really am interested in seeing more of your ICs. I try to learn at least 2 things from each player. If you have any vids you think show you at your best, I'd love to see them. Could you pm me some?

@saint, you are right in the pack with everyone else below 3rd. I look forward to you destroying when you have more free time. :)

I find it interesting that every other character has people fighting to be on the list, yet ICs is full of players asking not to be.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I wasn't saying I was better at the wario MU becuase you lost to reflex when I (barely) won (Although I do think I'm better at that MU just because of my playstyle). Our playstyles differ and certain characters do better/worse against it. I'm also better at the ditto :p

Roller

Smash Legend
I do think esam's style is a bit better vs wario, but I also think it is a moot point, because I don't think either of you will lose to a wario anytime soon.

TeeVee

Smash Lord
lol at people considering me a top 5 ic, im not there yet.

just leave me in honorable mentions

PZ

Smash Lord
My god...just put the IC users that mostly or only use that character than take in the account of the people who do not want to be on the list...<.<

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
There aren't really people that use only ICs (assuming URS)

Except Smoom

falln

Smash Ace
There aren't really people that use only ICs (assuming URS)

Except Smoom
assuming the what?
there actually are people who run urs?

also iirc cheese beat orion in apex pools and took m2k to game 3 like a week or two ago but i dont know anything else about his results

DeLux

assuming the what?
there actually are people who run urs?

also iirc cheese beat orion in apex pools and took m2k to game 3 like a week or two ago but i dont know anything else about his results
By my count up til mid February (I haven't updated lately but it was a time when most URC TO's were taking a break so it seems like it might actually be higher) the URS was used in 55% of tournaments reporting results on SWF and AIB.

The results you're listing was Apex which didn't feature RC/Brinstar which are the bane of ICs existence.

DeLux

No. It means nobody goes straight ICs because of the stage list meaning most of the top ICs will use a secondary to cover that because it would be stupid to do otherwise >_>

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Yeah, broken in half that is

On topic so that DeLux doesn't infract me, can anyone present me with YbM's recent results with ZSS? I've heard that he's active and doing well with only ZSS, and I've also heard that he's active and doing well but only with Kirby...so...

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Ybm's been to the past few Dallas tournaments. If you're interested, just search for topics Denti has created recently.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
Flax all day.

Also, I've won one game on rc with falco in the past 5 months, and I was only using him there as a joke. Didn't expect to win tbh. Every other game win I've had, including on rc has been with ICs.

**** secondaries.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Bracket from the Vegas tourney:

He beat Z and Sk92. That's really freakin good.

However, he does co-main Pit/ROB, so it would probably be a good idea to figure out who he used in Singles Bracket before "zomg best rob" ensues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom