• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I Never post in this thread... Like ever.

But M2K 2-0s Nietono and has been positive vs Nairo this entire year (he was 2-1 with Nairo when Nairo was made first, now 3-2 still M2K's favor), give the king back his spot.

Also ADHD is still ****, better than Gnes.

Nairo

Banned via Administration
I Never post in this thread... Like ever.

But M2K 2-0s Nietono and has been positive vs Nairo this entire year (he was 2-1 with Nairo when Nairo was made first, now 3-2 still M2K's favor), give the king back his spot.

Also ADHD is still ****, better than Gnes.
it doesnt matter if he beat me and has a record like that other wins matter too which in that case my wins pass him by a lot

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
but my loss was close =( 2-1 last stock 120!!! i came back from losers against many difficult people! nakat/vinnie/you/adhd! and bizkit, but i think he was winners. i had a lot of 2-0 and 3-0 set wins yesterday =[

-m2k

Also I agree ADHD is the best Diddy right now, but it's strange. ADHD got 6 stocked by vinnie last week, and now he beats all of us in a set this time. Pretty crazy.

this might be my last tourney till just before Apex. I'm not sure. I can't attend the October collision I believe, because I have college twice on saturdays which really sucks, so I might be very inactive soon and may or may not become rusty soon idk.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I really do think M2K is still the best MK. People give him a lot of crap, and while he does have off days and occasionally lose to some weird match ups or other high level players, he usually comes back next time, beats said players, gets the results, and shows he is always a force to be reckoned with. He also has a winning record on literally every MK player in the ditto, showing he's the best at the most common match up in the game.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I really do think M2K is still the best MK. People give him a lot of crap, and while he does have off days and occasionally lose to some weird match ups or other high level players, he usually comes back next time, beats said players, gets the results, and shows he is always a force to be reckoned with. He also has a winning record on literally every MK player in the ditto, showing he's the best at the most common match up in the game.
^^^^

Just cuz M2K doesn't **** 24/7 every time he picks up a controller doesn't mean he isn't still the best. It's gotten to a point where people remember his losses more than his wins, cuz him winning is so commonplace. Like, if M2K goes to a tournament and beats players like vinnie/esam/ally, nobody seems to give a **** because he's M2K and that's what he's supposed to do.

He could literally beat a bunch of top players in bracket, then have a bad game and lose some random MU and that is all anyone would remember. The reality is, he's still the king. Everyone is just so eager to see him fall.

Tesh

Smash Hero
^Thats every top MK, people aren't really being unfair to M2K when they consider Ally, Nairo, Anti might be better overall.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Ive considered it, and M2K not only has a winning record on every one of the guys you listed, but he also tends to beat people they lose to as well.

Nairo

most of you like to live in the past i see lmao :I ive had top 3 (i believe or top 4 i guess to say forsure haha) in all tourneys for the past couple months not including mk banned tourneys and winning a regional cot6 and national sktar not mine or anyones fault he loses to a random mu its clearly his fault for not knowing what to do vs like olimar before srt and like pit lol he needa step it up then the "king" isnt always gonna be the best forever people will pass him like me i only have lost to top players in tourney too like ally vinnie anti etc not no mid tier or low tier ****

Keitaro

M2K has won one tournament this year compared to the multiple tournament Nairo has won including the National Nairo won with both Ally and M2K there. Nairo also outplaced M2K at Apex too. IIRC M2K's record vs Nairo this year is at worse 3-2 M2K's favor if not 2-2. At least within the last 6 months and especially recently Nairo has been doing better overall than M2K.

Nairo beat many players M2K lost to. Like Trela/Vinnie at SKTAR.

And yeah Nairo won COT 6 with M2K there. Nairo has clearly been outplacing and doing better than M2K the past couple months if you look at results.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
most of you like to live in the past i see lmao :I ive had top 3 (i believe or top 4 i guess to say forsure haha) in all tourneys for the past couple months not including mk banned tourneys and winning a regional cot6 and national sktar not mine or anyones fault he loses to a random mu its clearly his fault for not knowing what to do vs like olimar before srt and like pit lol he needa step it up then the "king" isnt always gonna be the best forever people will pass him like me i only have lost to top players in tourney too like ally vinnie anti etc not no mid tier or low tier ****
Oh shoot!! The prince has spoken!! Game of thrones in the house!!!

Dang he coming at all low tiers and mid tiers too!!

Low tiers and mid tiers unite!! It's time to kill Nairo!!!(in tourney of course).
Lets go!!!!

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Oh shoot!! The prince has spoken!! Game of thrones in the house!!!

Dang he coming at all low tiers and mid tiers too!!

Low tiers and mid tiers unite!! It's time to kill Nairo!!!(in tourney of course).
Lets go!!!!
So Nairo represents the Lannisters, as the illegitimate King, M2K would be Stannis, the rightful king, and the Mid and Low tiers would be Daenerys and the Dothraki, the group that the other groups don't perceive as a threat.

They also have Dragons (Charizard)

Is that an accurate analogy?

Luigi player

Smash Master
Well Nairo also has some losses against Vinnie, and M2K beat Vinnie this weekend, so it's not like he always loses.

But yeah Nairo seems to have better results lately.

Allys MK is probably the worst of those and should stay 4th...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Imo:
1. M2K/Nairo
2. M2K/Nairo
3. Anti
4. Ally
5. Tyrant

Still leaning towards M2K myself tho

Cassio

Smash Master
I represent Socal on smashboards. You can ask any of the top level and most competitive players in the community around here and its a part of why I have that purple name. I keep track of results and have been to almost every tournament in the last 7 months, and have one of the best connections with all of the various parts of the community down here including in AZ, Vegas, and Norcal. If you have questions about results Im the best source for WC excluding Canada.

That being said no one here cares enough to start uploading results because of your criteria, exclude WC which WILL make the list VERY inaccurate or find a way to be more inclusive of how regions handle their business. If you dont care about having an accurate list and are going to be stubborn about it, Im certainly not going to gaf either. Im simply going to start asking people to ignore this thread and stop posting results, or perhaps find a way to include WC elsewhere if people even care. Though its not like people around here ever cared that much anyways.

Cassio

Smash Master
Results frequently dont get uploaded and its more work than anyone would want to do. Im not sure how its even right to request specific results in a specific format or threaten an innacurate list.

Yeah itd be nice if people spent hours pouring into this thread to make the most accurate process possible, but people have lives and that needs to be respected.

Cassio

Smash Master
Thats not my problem, Im not the one that has to upload them. If anyone here wants the job of contacting and constantly nagging our various TOs on the whole coast to quickly upload results be my guest, but Im certainly not going to spend significant time doing so nor do I think youll find anyone ever willing to do this.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Results frequently dont get uploaded and its more work than anyone would want to do. Im not sure how its even right to request specific results in a specific format or threaten an innacurate list.
Open the Tio file, go to the results tab, click on the button on the bottom that says 'Copy to Clipboard', then come to SWF, click on the reply section to make a post, right click > paste, post. Done.

And if its the TOs not doing it, tell them to man the **** up as its part of being a TO. It is by far THE easiest part of running something, and this is coming from a fellow TO.

JTsm

Smash Master
Whelp, looks like WC won't be accounted for if they can't bother posting results. lol

:phone:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
Cassio, why are you posting?

Cause all I'm seeing from you is

"People need to stop underrating the WC."
"The WC TOs aren't gonna upload all the results, and neither am I"
"Lol there's no way anyone's gonna have access to all of WC's results"

Cassio

Smash Master
Im repping my region, I thought my posts were straight forward enough to speak for themselves. I didnt say anything about underrating the WC. And WC TO's arent a collective, I have no idea what each one will do. People here know the results, they just frequently are not uploaded.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
M2K has won one tournament this year compared to the multiple tournament Nairo has won including the National Nairo won with both Ally and M2K there. Nairo also outplaced M2K at Apex too. IIRC M2K's record vs Nairo this year is at worse 3-2 M2K's favor if not 2-2. At least within the last 6 months and especially recently Nairo has been doing better overall than M2K.

And yeah Nairo won COT 6 with M2K there. Nairo has clearly been outplacing and doing better than M2K the past couple months if you look at results.
M2K actually won two tourneys, the Xanadu where he double eliminated ESAM and Collison 3.

Their record this year IS 3-2 M2K, M2K beat him at Collision 3, Nairo beat him at Dissention, the week before SKTAR (can't remember the tourney name ^^; ) M2K beat Nairo, then they went 1-1 yesterday, so it is 3-2 M2K.

Also, I feel like M2K eliminating Nietono at SRT isn't considered enough, yeah I know Nairo beat him in Winner's at Apex, but that set was 2-1 as well as Nietono beating him in Loser's/outplacing him. M2K 2-0'd him at SRT in Loser's so he eliminated and outplaced Nietono, which is more impressive than what Nairo did vs Nietono.

I think Vinnie is positive vs Nairo this year (but not sure) and as for M2K... Vinnie beat him at that one tourney M2K got 5th at, then M2K beat him twice at Collision 3 but Vinnie did take one set of GFs (so they're 2-2 then), then M2K beat Vinnie at CoT6 then Vinnie double eliminated him the week before SKTAR, then M2K beat him yesterday, so I THINK M2K and Vinnie are even at 4-4 this year if I'm not forgetting any sets. Not sure about Nairo's record vs Vinnie, but I think Vinnie is positive.

Speaking of CoT6, M2K lost to Dabuz twice there, so Nairo avoided him there, but with M2K seeming to have learned the Olimar MU in Japan beating Nietono and double JV 3-stocking Rich Brown at ReveLAtions, I see M2K ****** Dabuz next time they play. Can't say anything positive in terms of M2K at SKTAR against Nairo, yeah, Nairo beats him there, but overall I believe M2K is the better MK.

Croi

Smash Lord
"If you're not going to put in the effort to look up WC results, then neither am I! And neither will anybody else from WC! STOP IGNORING WC" *is from WC*

Cassio

Smash Master
Welp, last post on the matter. Semi-true, though the childish tone is redic. I said its a ridiculous request for any individual, not that WTP had to do it himself. Im sure he wont because he realizes its a daunting task, which is what makes it ironic that hed ask others to do it. Find a better way to incorporate the way an entire coast of the country handles their results, or be content with an inaccurate list.

And for the record yes itd be convenient if the results and brackets were easily accessible, but it is what it is.

My gripe is that this list now cares significantly more about procedure than accuracy.

JTsm

Smash Master
Welp, last post on the matter. Semi-true, though the childish tone is redic. I said its a ridiculous request for any individual, not that WTP had to do it himself. Im sure he wont because he realizes its a daunting task, which is what makes it ironic that hed ask others to do it. Find a better way to incorporate the way an entire coast of the country handles their results, or be content with an inaccurate list.
Well I guess we'll change the title to: "Top 5 Brawl of NA (except WC)"
Honestly, WTP has been making an effort to make an accurate list. WC just decides that results don't matter.

:phone:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
M2K actually won two tourneys, the Xanadu where he double eliminated ESAM and Collison 3.

Their record this year IS 3-2 M2K, M2K beat him at Collision 3, Nairo beat him at Dissention, the week before SKTAR (can't remember the tourney name ^^; ) M2K beat Nairo, then they went 1-1 yesterday, so it is 3-2 M2K.

Also, I feel like M2K eliminating Nietono at SRT isn't considered enough, yeah I know Nairo beat him in Winner's at Apex, but that set was 2-1 as well as Nietono beating him in Loser's/outplacing him. M2K 2-0'd him at SRT in Loser's so he eliminated and outplaced Nietono, which is more impressive than what Nairo did vs Nietono.

I think Vinnie is positive vs Nairo this year (but not sure) and as for M2K... Vinnie beat him at that one tourney M2K got 5th at, then M2K beat him twice at Collision 3 but Vinnie did take one set of GFs (so they're 2-2 then), then M2K beat Vinnie at CoT6 then Vinnie double eliminated him the week before SKTAR, then M2K beat him yesterday, so I THINK M2K and Vinnie are even at 4-4 this year if I'm not forgetting any sets. Not sure about Nairo's record vs Vinnie, but I think Vinnie is positive.

Speaking of CoT6, M2K lost to Dabuz twice there, so Nairo avoided him there, but with M2K seeming to have learned the Olimar MU in Japan beating Nietono and double JV 3-stocking Rich Brown at ReveLAtions, I see M2K ****** Dabuz next time they play. Can't say anything positive in terms of M2K at SKTAR against Nairo, yeah, Nairo beats him there, but overall I believe M2K is the better MK.
THANK YOU FOR LOOKING THIS STUFF UP, or straight up just paying attention lol. MY POINT EXACTLY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom