• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
You cheat M2K!!! You cheat and you sandbag in friendlies!!!

You're really fun to play though <3 when you don't play like a homo

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
oh, im really upset about this, but i can't attend almost anything soon. Probably no more NY tourneys till apex. I have 2 classes on saturday mandatory to get my associates.

In fact I'm looking for a job that pays not-****ty, and i really don't want some min-wage walmart job or anything. If anyone can help me out, I'd REALLY appreciate it. i won't get tourneys (unless i skip my 2 long classes each which will only happen rarely) much till apex.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I DONT SANDBAG IN FRIENDLIES I JUST DONT WANT to CAMP. in GF vs you i had to try to outthink you so much, but it's hard cuz you're always doing that too. I feel this is why you especially do really well vs the best players, but you could lose to a lot of players worse than you too. you're ALWAYS trying to outthink them really hard. Just robot-style the less good players, and mix up robot style with your normal style vs the players your level.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I DONT SANDBAG IN FRIENDLIES I JUST DONT WANT to CAMP. in GF vs you i had to try to outthink you so much, but it's hard cuz you're always doing that too. I feel this is why you especially do really well vs the best players, but you could lose to a lot of players worse than you too. you're ALWAYS trying to outthink them really hard. Just robot-style the less good players, and mix up robot style with your normal style vs the players your level.
I can't anymore, I made a promise.

You do sandbag somewhat, you have so many habits in friendlies >_>

idk i did that years ago
I can't anymore, I made a promise.
ANYWAY, since ppl are reading this now, HOOK ME UP WITH A GOOD JOB PLEASE LOL
/is poor and doesn't want an uber-****ty-job/

*hopes to get lucky*
Be a prostitute. Give them the M2K Mouth, charge $184, you'll be golden.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
no cuz ur good at dittos vs us LOL, you're insanely good at mk dittos vs american MKs (u go even with me even tho i won our last tourney match 1 stock 30 you beat me at least half our friendlies, and u always beat anti/nairo in ditto sets) and vs olimar. You're probably the best player in the world overall but u don't have natural MK-habits since you change characters so often so i think you'd be 4th on a MK-only rankings but 1st as overall rankings (except vs esam for some reason).

Dude Tesh why do you spend ages on smashboards just arguing about MK even though it's very obvious that he won't be banned as a standard except just at a few random tourneys? Play the game and have fun, or get good at it to win tourneys, or a combination of either. Posting things similar to that (not this time but the stuff I've seen you post in the past) ESPECIALLY AT THIS POINT is just pointless. It's like me saying melee falco will be all people use in a few years since he's so good and tons of players are maining or 2ndarying him (both pros and newbs) but doing that is pointless when I could just focus my efforts to master the small things about the MU and improve myself about it.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
no cuz ur good at dittos vs us LOL, you're insanely good at mk dittos vs american MKs (u go even with me even tho i won our last tourney match 1 stock 30 you beat me at least half our friendlies, and u always beat anti/nairo in ditto sets) and vs olimar. You're probably the best player in the world overall but u don't have natural MK-habits since you change characters so often so i think you'd be 4th on a MK-only rankings but 1st as overall rankings (except vs esam for some reason).
Nah, honestly, Esam is probably the best player overall.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If we agree on that, then Illmatic is the most powerful player in this nation. :applejack:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
it's very obvious that he won't be banned as a standard except just at a few random tourneys
o_o?

whobo 4? IMPULSE? Impact? all huge tourneys without MK. I guarantee there will be another national without MK since plenty of people are tired of trying to deal with him (and failing).

oh and Nova Scotia is entirely MK banned from what I've heard

Dcold

Smash Lord
The only reason why Impact is MK banned is because the only people that care about the ruleset enough to go through a voting process for it are the people who want MK banned, to be quite honest.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Sure, but it doesn't take away from the truth of the matter lol. They are MK Banned, I don't really care (besides the fact that there are more ICs >_>), supports your point.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
o_o?

whobo 4? IMPULSE? Impact? all huge tourneys without MK. I guarantee there will be another national without MK since plenty of people are tired of trying to deal with him (and failing).

I read on fb recently that they had a vote and MK is legal there now (a recent vote)

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
o_o?

You're so stupid. Almost my entire region is anti-ban. So is PA, Nj/Ny, and some of NE (This is just me stating atlantic north). Only bad regions and texas ban :metaknight: because they're too scrubby to learn how to fight him. I'd much rather fight a flying bat that is slow in the air and has no projectile compared to one that is completely linear (:popo:), completely stupid to approach (:olimar:), one that just runs away (:falco:), and one with a camp/wall game harder then anyone because of item play (:diddy:).
this is an example of

CIRCUMLOCUTION

if I ever saw one
He's only banned at Impact's because the TO is a :yoshi2: main.
why isnt keitaro #1 diddy yet?
Cause #1 :diddy: should be you.

:018:

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
People who use the "MK isn't ban-worthy, you're just a scrub" are ignorant of the actual ban reasons.

Like his extreme tournament presence limiting diversity, the insane amount of money he wins and his impact on the ruleset.

No sane person thinks he is too unbeatable to be legal, but that doesn't mean he should be.

:phone:

NH Cody

Smash Champion
You're so stupid.
Once again, you've committed the ad hominem logical fallacy - you're attacking the person, not the idea.
Almost my entire region is anti-ban. So is PA, Nj/Ny, and some of NE
This is irrelevant. You are attempting an ethos appeal, which is invalid in the context of a logical debate over the MK issue. The fact that some people in these regions may object to an MK ban does not support your implied claim that it is illogical to ban MK. Furthermore, it is likely that you are erroneous in the content of your statements: many people in New England favor an MK-banned ruleset, which is why Smashachusetts, Mega Mass Madness, and all the Rhode Island tourneys were MK banned. Clearly, NY is not entirely anti-ban because the state has hosted numerous MK banned tourneys including the Impact series, Struggle Snuggle, etc.
(This is just me stating atlantic north).
No, it's just your biased perception of the Atlantic North, which is askew from reality. Not all the people in NJ and NY are proponents of MK legal. Besides, this is irrelevant as I explained before.
Only bad regions and texas ban :metaknight: because they're too scrubby to learn how to fight him.
This is another inappropriate generalization. You cannot verbally attack people or regions and expect it to have any significance in the context of this discussion. If anything these insults serve to diminish your intellectual credibility.

Likewise, you tend to oversimplify when analyzing character matchups by attributing one or two basic qualities to each character...
I'd much rather fight a flying bat that is slow in the air and has no projectile
Personal opinions and matchup preferences do not reinforce the notion that an MK ban is illogical. You cannot use anecdotal evidence like this to support your claim.

Concerning your analysis of MK...you have conveniently neglected to include his positive aspects - his multifarious tools and advantages that make him disproportionately better than all the other characters. Examples include his dominance offstage, his ledge planking, air planking, relatively lagless moveset, and his tornado, each of which requires an entire strategy to deal with by itself.

compared to one that is completely linear (:popo:)
It is absolutely unreasonable to dismiss ICs as a "completely linear" character. ICs have an immense learning curve that far exceeds the time and understanding necessary to be as successful with "the bat" in tournament.
completely stupid to approach (:olimar:)
What you have conveniently withheld is that Olimar has a fatal flaw in his offstage recovery. MK has no comparable flaw.
one that just runs away (:falco:)
Have you not seen DEHF's Falco? Do you think that Falco can kill with lasers? Are you aware that it is not uncommon for Falco players to approach even before the kill?
and one with a camp/wall game harder then anyone because of item play (:diddy:)
What is possessing you to declare that Diddy Kong has a better camp game than MK?

He's only banned at Impact's because the TO is a :yoshi2: main.
I assume you are speaking from a lack of information? Raptor allowed a vote to determine whether MK was banned. It was not he who pushed for an MK ban.

Your claim, from what I understand, is that MK should not be banned. However, you have provided zero concrete evidence to suggest that an MK legal ruleset is more logical than an MK banned one. It follows that your comments are null and void, seeing as you have given little to no thought to your brash assertions and oversimplified character analyses. The fact remains: MK is disproportionately better than the rest of the cast and has won every recent national tournament. This is not due to sheer coincidence. It is logical to support an MK banned ruleset because the game is much more balanced, fun, and fair without him.

Attila the Hun

Smash Ace
NNID
Aedrenaline
3DS FC
2208-4906-7922
o_o?

Why were we even mentioned? xD

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom