• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DatBass

Smash Cadet
Denti says:

Yeah Logic, I'm looking forward to seeing Dabuz at Apex.

Anyways about those national results you have. While those are impressive you have been better than me at a national level for a longer time. But that doesn't mean you're better than me now. We placed beside each other at Genesis, and I know I am better than I was then.

NearZzz

Smash Lord
but zori beat denti so that means :awesome:

anyhoo

dabuz
rich
logic
all that matters.

and quivo>shadow1pj

nah but seriously put hyro back on and take shadowpj off.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea I would disagree to say all that matters is nationals or regionals or even placings in general. Some players actually do get better. Why don't yall compare gameplay vids like Denti is doing. That is a great way to also include. I mean if u have been playing since 08 and someone just joined the tourney scene of course u should have a better record if your both top level players. U have had more chances! But it definitely doesn't mean your better. There are way to many variables. An easier bracket for one example.

I'm not saying discredit placings, I'm just saying don't ONLY look at that. That is foolish.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Anuar beat Gnes in pools at Genesis 2.
I don't know much of his other accomplishments though.

Pelca

Smash Journeyman
lemeee get on for the fox spots, I dont even want my falco on anyways cuz it sucksssssss. I'm better then half those foxies ;D!

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Nationals play a good role, but they aren't everything... lmao

M@v

Subarashii!
lemeee get on for the fox spots, I dont even want my falco on anyways cuz it sucksssssss. I'm better then half those foxies ;D!
Pfffft fox dittos lesss goessssss

Even though i havent played fox as much recently I still <3 the ditto.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
2Fast>Vato_Break>Matador then.

Doesn't coolwhip still play? And I'm pretty sure there's some southern Mario that places and doesn't post in our forums.

:phone:

Cassio

Smash Master
People forgetting rich brown too quick. Hes been moving and starting school so he hasnt been able to enter much, but at Genesis, the last major tournament he entered which honestly wasnt that long ago he was the highest placing not diddy or Metaknight.

1: M2K
2: Ally
3: ADHD
4: Gnes
5: zex
5: Tyrant
7: Tearbear
7: Rich Brown

Dabuz is good but it seems doing well at one local isnt as tough as doing well oor/nationals. Not to mention it was MK banned which shouldnt be ignored.

Anuar is underrated because he doesnt travel as much as denti/logic and lives in a harder region, especially for olimar (mks, falcos, and marths). But I understand that makes him harder to judge too. Personally

1.Rich
2.Dabuz
3.Logic
4.Anuar
5.Denti

But switching anuar and denti is fine too. Also I dont think almost winning a set counts. Olimar dittos look pretty stupid too.

Vinnie

Smash Master
Dabuz is good but it seems doing well at one local isnt as tough as doing well oor/nationals. Not to mention it was MK banned which shouldnt be ignored.
Um... what? Dabuz has been doing consistently well recently o_O did you even bother to look up his other results? He got 5th/52 at LIRR, beating my Ice Climbers (the only Olimar to do this so far, as I've played pretty much every Olimar), and Bloodcross/Chibo/Cheese.

At Concentrate, he beat Fatal (twice), Bizkit, and Ally's non-MK. At COT5, he beat ADHD (2-0), Atomsk, and Shugo. He didn't do too badly at KTAR6 either, getting 9th, losing to Atomsk and I, but beating Will/NEO/Logic.

Other big wins from him this year are: ANTi (who 3-stocked Richbrown and has never lost to any other Olimar iirc), Junebug, Coney (around the time of his prime, before he quit), and more.

Disclaimer: I think Dabuz and Rich Brown are both extremely good and even in skill/accomplishments. Also, I'm not knocking Rich's ability to beat my Ice Climbers, we've only faced once in tourney and it was game 3. I'm just saying that I'm undefeated vs every Olimar in tournament except for Dabuz, who is around ~6-6 with me or something like that.

Cassio

Smash Master
I was responding to posts from before regarding the tournament. Thought it was obv dabuz has good wins or he wouldnt be on the list in the first place.

LordXav1er

Smash Ace
NNID
LordXav1er
Then why is Lordxavier on the Link spot?

At least ninja-sage-numbers-random-whatever "beat" Zex
The only notable win I think I ever had was Prawn other then that I just placed well and was consistent for a Link lol

Took a good 6 month break from tourneys and have only attended RI ones since, my placing is worse then before.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Logic does seem to be the most creative in the aspect that he looks for and has created new techniques for olimar. He is the type of player that has hacks and slows the game down to study frame data and all that jibberish.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
So you have. :)

I still use Link when I can, especially for low tier. Might as well make my case for best Link now. Texas and maybe some other state can vouch for me. From my understanding, Kirinblaze and Legan are at least inactive, while I'm still actively attending tournaments. Now recently I haven't used Link much in tourney, but I still practice and play him in MMs and serious sets. I've gotten better as a player, thus making my Link better likewise. At least put me in the top spot for the sake of my activity and their inactivity, and if they care enough, they can become active again and work for it. I'm up for any challenges. :)

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom