• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
I just don't think the top Falco would lose to luigi.
I understand that this was 100% relevant...
DRN doesn't have a Falco like Kismet in his state to practice the exact same MU that I described or anything.

DEHF losing to a Luigi is still pretty sad, btw.

zmx

Smash Lord
General MU experience isn't the same as player specific experience. There are a lot of right ways to use a character, it's not just black and white. Salem's style with ZSS is a lot different from yours and one imo isn't better than the other. It's just different despite being the same character. Because of this he beat people that likely had a lot of prior ZSS experience. But not salem experience.

DRN

Smash Lord
I just don't think the top 3 ZSS would lose to Xaltis.
But u've lost to kismet......who i've beaten....

You should accept his MM too and lose again.

Seriously lets get off the topic of me not being a top zss. I dont care anymore >.>. People are stupid. Too much of a hassle....

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think any other diddy player has as many notable wins as me, ADHD, and Gnes. more so the latter two. I haven't heard a lot about lie's tournament results, but I still don't think they can compare. With Dekar's recent disappearance and every other diddy kong ****ting the bed every tournament, I don't think that the top 3 can be easily displaced.

free diddy players want placings too i guess. confidence boost?

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lmao they're not

Top 5 didd:
1. ADHD/gnes
2. ADHD/gnes
3. Felix (not many notable wins recently, but no losses to bring him down and is still fairly active)
4. P1/ lie
5. P1/lie

:phone:

vato_break

Smash Master
recently i've beaten
-Falln(top 2 kirby)
-Hall(beaten people like anuar, DSF, and took a set off m2k?)
-Concon(recently beat Dehf and brian h) Vicegrip(has beaten Raz)
-X(top 5 at MLG, has beaten tyrant and mike recently)
-Paper x3 (used to be ranked has beaten people like anuar and raz)
-kiraflax before he moved to back to AZ i also beat him(previously ranked in socal)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Kadaj, kismet, micaelis (ranked 4thinGA amazing wario player), DRN ( ranked 2nd in GA) x2, billy (ranked 2nd in AL and IMO top 3 sheik), 4god (top 3 D3 imo) plus other ranked NC/AL/GA players people probably haven't heard of: Player-3, hero chima, spade, stockfield, etc etc. My last 3 tournaments was 2nd 3rd and 4th.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
Kira, Falln and X seem to be bigger names in comparison to yours (with X seeming the biggest) P-1, but when I sat and looked over both names and thought immediately, the two "resumes" seem to feel kinda identical. Not saying I'm completely right, since I haven't seen many WC or SE US players so I could be really off-base.

SoCal is the stronger of the two regions though...

God, it feels a bit like looking at two teams in the NCAA tournament selection and comparing them for seeding or something, lol.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Just give it a rest for a little bit.
It's obviously too close to call at the moment.

Maybe in two months after one of you rack up a few more wins.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Err, this is what I can recall off the top of my head from the last year.

Tournament wins / losses:

Poltergust (2-1)
Dojo (1-1)
Jerm (5-3)
Magik (1-0)
Smoom (2-2)
Neon (1-0)
Pwii (0-3)
shadow1pj (6-3)
Mekos (1-0)
Havok (0-1)
Gnes (0-1)
YOSH (2-0)
ALSM (1-1)
Razer (0-8)
Shlike (1-0)
Sinister Slush (1-0)
Denti (1-2)
Sync (6-1)
Trela (0-9)
ESAM (1-0)
Zori (1-1)
K Prime (3-1)
Dphat (1-3)
Type_Ex (1-0)
Zeton (1-0)

Money matches ($10+):

MJG (2-0)
Will (1-1)
Noid (2-0)
Infinity (1-1)
Redhalberd (2-0)
ESAM (1-0)

That's all I can remember that was significant, for now.
Money matches were included because for the past year I have rarely traveled, and I feel as though some of the wins are significant.

I normally lose to Houston's top three: Gnes, Razer, and Trela which usually has me sitting within the fifth to seventh range in the results due to my seeding. It's not ludicrous to lose to these players frequently (especially with a mid tier), because they are probably some of the best in the world. Consistency shouldn't really be an issue, especially when considering your best players are DarkLink and Kiraflax, Kyle.

At APEX hopefully I can rack up more wins, because I'll have more of a variety of players to compete against. With both of our travelling issues, we are in somewhat of the same predicament. My state just has an abundance of stronger players which gives me more of an opportunity to do something.

Peach list, in my opinion.

1. Illmatic
2. Nicole
2. Kyle
4. Raz
5. Kyon / Mikey

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Kira, Falln and X seem to be bigger names in comparison to yours (with X seeming the biggest) P-1, but when I sat and looked over both names and thought immediately, the two "resumes" seem to feel kinda identical. Not saying I'm completely right, since I haven't seen many WC or SE US players so I could be really off-base.

God, it feels a bit like looking at two teams in the NCAA tournament selection and comparing them for seeding or something, lol.
Falln is the better of the 3 hands down, and X is prob slightly better than Kira. Trust me, I live in X's old state so I used to play him a ton and Ive played both the other 2 as well. Also, Falln places better in his state and is ranked higher on the PR (around #7 or #6) , while Kira left SoCal as X moved there, and X took Kira's exact spot on the PR once he left (#9).

Cassio

Smash Master
X is still good but hasnt been playing as much. Falln has gotten pretty good.

Player-1

Smash Legend

Ummmm lmao, no. Falln is definitely the most notable win. X has fallen a lot, he's not as great as he used to be, but still good. Kira definitely not. It just doesn't loon good because peoria dob't know who people like micaelis, billy, DRN, and 4god are. My wins are waaaay better than vato's.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Just a question for the WC (or SoCal i guess)

Why do you guys like refuse to put up results on smashboards? It's not like its hard to do it... Then this way you guys can stop complaining that your other star players that aren't Havok/Mike/Tyrant/RB don't get enough recognition/credit.

Cassio

Smash Master
Jimmy all of our socialization happens on aib and imo the tournament reporting there is waaaaay better.
Ummmm lmao, no. Falln is definitely the most notable win. X has fallen a lot, he's not as great as he used to be, but still good. Kira definitely not. It just doesn't loon good because peoria dob't know who people like micaelis, billy, DRN, and 4god are. My wins are waaaay better than vato's.

X isnt as good as he used to be, but he'd still beat all the players you listed. Players rarely ever fall off like that unless they stop playing for awhile and it hasnt been that long since X has played frequently. Its more the fact that falln got really good than X becoming significantly worse.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
Jimmy all of our socialization happens on aib and imo the tournament reporting there is waaaaay better.

X isnt as good as he used to be, but he'd still beat all the players you listed. Players rarely ever fall off like that unless they stop playing for awhile and it hasnt been that long since X has played frequently. Its more the fact that falln got really good than X becoming significantly worse.
I agree that it's better but I'm just saying that it doesn't take that long to post results here if you already have them on AiB

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
There are these cool things that most computers have nowadays called the 'Copy' and 'Paste' features. You can use them to copy almost anything on a computer, and put it somewhere else, and it usually takes just a few clicks on this device called a 'Mouse'.

DRN

Smash Lord
Dakpo>DRN
PatG>DRN
YbM>DRN
Elev8>Roller
Esam>Roller
Saint>Roller

O look i can do this too ;D.

Btw i originally didnt say anything about being better then anyone. I only asked for their results. The only info i got from Dakpo was that he beat Dekar which to me isnt that big of a win :/. Y.b.M. had better results then me and i said that. PatG is pretty inactive. Hes only been to like one tourney in the past couple months from what i've seen. Its all good though i sometimes forget that a lot of smashers like you are maaaad biased and dont know what they are talking about outside of themselves :)

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Elev8>Roller
Esam>Roller
Saint>Roller

O look i can do this too ;D.

Btw i originally didnt say anything about being better then anyone. I only asked for their results. The only info i got from Dakpo was that he beat Dekar which to me isnt that big of a win :/. Y.b.M. had better results then me and i said that. PatG is pretty inactive. Hes only been to like one tourney in the past couple months from what i've seen. Its all good though i sometimes forget that a lot of smashers like you are maaaad biased and dont know what they are talking about outside of themselves :)
To set the record straight, P-1 just keeps troll-arguing with me, so I'm just ****-talking his region forever now.
Blame it on him.

Cassio

Smash Master
I didnt realize ele8 and saint had pikachus.
There are these cool things that most computers have nowadays called the 'Copy' and 'Paste' features. You can use them to copy almost anything on a computer, and put it somewhere else, and it usually takes just a few clicks on this device called a 'Mouse'.
Too lazy for that. It was more of an explanation than an excuse, plus we can just mention it in here.
Results speak for themselves
Exactly why X is considered a better W.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
Falln has I believe in the last two months only dropped sets to people using metaknight (he's beaten havoks snake, so now havok only seems to want to go metaknight on him, mike only goes metaknight on him now, and tyrant mains metaknight, vato in their last set beat him on RC with mk) and maybe FOW (depending on wether they played the last two months did it with ness).

tl;dr Fallns losing a 35-65 mu who will only be legal another 2 weeks.

edit I think falln lost to non metaknights at LSC, I'm not really sure who it was though but I know he got like 7th or 9th overall at that tournament.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom