• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Maybe I am too competitive to understand, but, disliking people who are doing something available to you in the game doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe the ruleset sucks. Maybe the game is bad. That's no reason to like or dislike someone who refuses or abuses it.

I can appreciate low tier players who legitimately feel like their character stands a chance in some ways; the people who grow and push their character past the limits that everyone else thought they saw. You find out whether or not it's worth it over time; sometimes, the answer is not what you'd like. The important thing is that you stick with your goal.

If you just want to be the best of a certain character, that's cool, but, how can you fault someone else for choosing to pick top tier? If you just want to use suboptimal tactics, that's your prerogative, but, what is there to appreciate in someone else doing so? More importantly, though, what is there to dislike in someone else choosing not to handicap themselves?
This has been stated multiple times but;

Maybe every good player deserves some respect. A good player makes good decisions like infiniting an opponent when the opportunity opens up.
Is that player entitled to such respect?

In short, no.

People act like they're entitled to some level of respect, because they chose to be a better player and make a good decision, when in fact they are actually equating that decision to overall skill level and henceforth demand or believe they are entitled to respect.

In the same token, no player deserves disrespect. But disrespect =/= lack of respect, and skill IS NOT > someone else's based on one minor decision. At least in this thread.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I'm with Ally. Some of yall don't know what yer talking about and just look at results to make yer assumptions. I'm pretty sure Nairo said he didn't even practice for apex and I barely see him on wifi anymore even tho he is in the AIB chat. Yall act like u know these players personal lives. By CJ comment it's as if he knows that Ally and M2k didn't practice and that Nairo had the will of fire and practiced heavily for apex.

The japanese obviously play by reading their opponents. A fast paced playstyle will take someone off guard at first but once they learn their habits it won't matter how they play.
So Ally saying their second encounter wasn't close makes sense. Nie learned and adapted.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'll just say that if it comes down to it. If it REALLY comes down to it. I am not rating skill between players based on who they chose at the character select unless they don't main that character. I AM rating skill based on how well they DEAL with said characters. :)

And sorry for diverting the topic further.

I think I will do an update after this weekend.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
U posted well Krystedez. It is good to recognize when somone's comments are being taken out of context and to stand up for them.

People made it seem like I was disliking and disrespecting people. wth? lol

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yes, choosing a character is part of playing the game but 1. Some people chose their characters way before these infinite shenanigans were discovered and 2. Some of these characters have actually a lot of potential if it weren't for the GR's and infinites. If, for instance, a new infinite was discovered tomorrow with X character and someone who has never used X character uses it and infinites me for the win I wouldn't consider that as them outplaying me.

And, just for reference:
out·play (out-pl)
tr.v. out·played, out·play·ing, out·plays
To surpass (an opponent) in skill or in scoring points.
That first part has nothing to do with what I'm saying. All I'm saying is that if you're getting standing infinited with Ness/Lucas as Marth or something and you think you're not getting outplayed then you're wrong. And like I just said, the character selection process is a skill. You're getting outskilled when you choose Lucas and the opponent chooses Marth already.

Shaky has a good point. A player at apex specifically went DK to try and infinite me.
If I would have lost some of you would think he is the better player for all those reasons u mentioned. The kid didn't even main DK. He just knew who I was before hand.
Hey Mekos, can you actually try...I don't know...READING? Or better yet UNDERSTANDING:

Lmao, bro, this is probably one of your most ******** post I've seen.

1. I never said results is everything
2. I never said someone that does a standing infinite on you and wins is better than you.If Player A gets standing infinited and loses to Player B, but beats Players C-Z while Player-b loses to Players C-Z then it's pretty obvious who the better player is. Player A is since he can beat more people than Player B.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yea yer right I definitely don't understand your way of thinking. I don't comprehend most things u posts. They just don't make sense to me. Sorry :(

U have all this playing to win talk yet u want mk banned. So weird. Yer like contradicting yourself so hard. U complain about the overcentralizing thing or whatever but what do u expect of people who think the way u do. Of course pick the best character or have a pocket of the best character.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Maybe I am too competitive to understand, but, disliking people who are doing something available to you in the game doesn't make any sense to me. Maybe the ruleset sucks. Maybe the game is bad. That's no reason to like or dislike someone who refuses or abuses it.
Haven't you said that you don't respect Meta Knight players? :laugh:

Player-1

Smash Legend
Yea yer right I definitely don't understand your way of thinking. I don't comprehend most things u posts. They just don't make sense to me. Sorry :(

U have all this playing to win talk yet u want mk banned. So weird. Yer like contradicting yourself so hard. U complain about the overcentralizing thing or whatever but what do u expect of people who think the way u do. Of course pick the best character or have a pocket of the best character.
Mekos, the reason you don't understand half the **** people say is because you make a bunch of unwarranted assumptions of people's ways of thinking, pretty much every post you've ever directed at me you're just making some wild assumption about they I think that's completely wrong like now for instance. I never said people should play MK, I'm just saying that picking MK would be everyone's best option (logically speaking) assuming they understand how to play with MK. He's the best character in the game, what do you have to lose from picking MK? The reason most people don't pick MK is because they either enjoy the game more playing another character or one character's playstyle fits them better, but guess what? That's their fault for not having enough skill to play as MK in the first place.

Player-1

Smash Legend
yes....i did...you just don't understand what you're saying has no relevance in what I'm saying and when I say that you don't understand it.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
You Can Love Me Or Hate Me
But I'm Still Gonna Get My Money
Envy And Jealousy Is All I See
(Yeah) I Can See The Hate In Ya Eyes
You Can Try But You Cant Stop Me
I Keep It Real I Keep It Street
So Tell Everybody That Don't Like Me
That I Can See The Hate In Ya Eyes

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
The reason most people don't pick MK is because they either enjoy the game more playing another character or one character's playstyle fits them better, but guess what? That's their fault for not having enough skill to play as MK in the first place.

So which is it.

People not using MK because they SUCKZORZ WITH HIM

or

People not using MK because they like other characters / have a better style with another.

:troll:

Cassio

Smash Master
He's the best character in the game, what do you have to lose from picking MK? The reason most people don't pick MK is because they either enjoy the game more playing another character or one character's playstyle fits them better, but guess what? That's their fault for not having enough skill to play as MK in the first place.
You must be a miami heat fan

C.J.

Smash Master
Nairo got destroyed by Nietono worst than me on their 2nd encounter. Placing doesn't = consistancy. But at this point idc. I just play and do my thang.
I agree completely Ally, and it is really hard to place the 4 of you since at the moment you, Anti, Nairo, and Jason seem really close so it's really more of a judgement call, one that I wouldn't inherently disagree with any order of the 4 of you, I just posted my opinion.
As for you not caring, you never should have. You're a godtier player and I wish you showed it a little more often (just the slightest bit of practice it seems like).

By CJ comment it's as if he knows that Ally and M2k didn't practice and that Nairo had the will of fire and practiced heavily for apex.
I do know that they didn't practice seeing as they have both said that they didn't... I don't make assumptions without something to back it up. The fact that they both did so well is a testament to the fact that they are both phenomenal players and that, with minimal effort, they would both have the air of being "untouchable" that they used to have.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
IF we compared results like Player vs Player data u would see mine are way better. We have both played alot of the same people. For example, I never got 6 stocked by Nairo or 3 stocked by Esam. I'll leave it at that cuz PF is my boy.
what. LOL.

no. actually. it is not.

and

a win is a win

and

a loss is a loss.

if you aren't advancing in bracket, then it doesn't matter how badly you loss.

I don't feel the need to put out "embarrassing defeats" that you have, because that is just low, though you are just defending yourself. You could learn a better way to do it.

And, taking a game off someone =/= beating them.

Scatz

Smash Champion
Man, i see why I don't even state myself as a top Yoshi main with this crazy **** going on in here.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Over exaggeration is godlike in here.

Can we move on?

I'd like to know one thing as a subject changer; does any person here know ANY freakin' Pits that are doing work in US/CAN/MEX?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
PF u can compare player skill by actually looking at how they play. Why do some people not understand this. U can pull up youtube vids and compare things such as DI, mixups, tech skill, etc.

Another thing that u can do is compare how they did against the same obstacle. In this case the same opponent. How is that not fair? Some people only look at results. That is not the only factor.

U always comment when I decide to defend myself against yer fanboys but u keeping silent before I do implies u agree with yer friends even if u don't, just to let u know.

But I don't know what u mean by embarrassing defeats. I've never been 3 stocked...ever. 2 stocked isn't embarrassing imo. But anyways I'm not trying to embarrass u.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
People usually rate PF better then you Mekos because he's sucha lovable guy. He's sucha cuddily :lucas: main.

:018:

:phone:

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
PF u can compare player skill by actually looking at how they play. Why do some people not understand this. U can pull up youtube vids and compare things such as DI, mixups, tech skill, etc.
Some of these things are impossible to see.
Am I not doing mix-up because I can't, or is it because I don't think other options will work here?
Did I DI poorly because I'm bad at DI, or was I expecting another move?
Is my tech-skill bad, or do I feel my character's tech-skill isn't useful?

Another thing that u can do is compare how they did against the same obstacle. In this case the same opponent. How is that not fair?
This is 100% not fair.
Seibrik has more ZSS exp. than Tyrant.
Seibrik beats me, but Tyrant loses.
Seibrik is now better than Tyrant.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Pit I could probably help a little.

The Pits I've played are Esca, Mystic on multiple occasions, Luckay in Apex pools, Lolilovesrain in Apex Pools, and Kiraflax in 3 money matches when I went to Arizona for Christmas.

Kiraflax is undisputed as the best out of the 4. Luckay seemed better than Esca and Mystic. Though, Esca is retired now so I doubt he cares.

For the ones I played:

-Kiraflax
-Luckay
-Esca
-Mystic
-Lolilovesrain

Sadly, I haven't played any of the others. I guess the only point of my post is that Kiraflax is a god and that Luckay is pretty darn good and possibly top5.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Mekos I know before I said I never said results are everything, but when you go back further in this thread where I was saying who you beat is part of results....well then it is everything.

I don't give a **** if you're taking m2k to last hit game 3, but still get last at every local tournament you go to consistently. No one gives a **** if your vids look impressive, placings in tournaments and who you beat/lose to IS EVERYTHING.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
NR is said etc at the end and I said same obstacle. I may be wrong but I don't obsese over character mu experience and all that. I play by reading my opponent so it doesn't matter who they use.

So by fair I mean, we both play an oos opponent.
Like we have both played Esam. Why is it not fair to compare that. Esam is the only pikachu of his level.
BUt even what u said is fair. Experience is part of why people are good at things. U can't take someones experience away from why they have a certain skill
So yes siebrik beating zss would be a factor to help say he is better than Tyrant(But more factors would be needed). That would be thanks to him playing u constantly.

It's not that deep.

@Player-1 - I understand what u are saying but I disagree. But I see that the way u think is how alot of players think here.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
NR is said etc at the end and I said same obstacle. I may be wrong but I don't obsese over character mu experience and all that. I play by reading my opponent so it doesn't matter who they use.

So by fair I mean, we both play an oos opponent.
Like we have both played Esam. Why is it not fair to compare that. Esam is the only pikachu of his level.

It's not that deep.

@Player-1 - I understand what u are saying but I disagree. But I see that the way u think is how alot of players think here.
Okay, this is why it isn't fair.
If you're comparing two players who play the same character...
The exp. you and the other person both have in the MU can change it.
If I played ANY Pikachu, and any other ZSS played ANY Pikachu, I can almost GUARANTEE that I would do better.
So, we'd each need to have the same level of character MU exp.
Also, different playstyles would change things.
If I beat somebody who beat Salem, that doesn't make me better.
It could mean that the opponent plays a character taht does better against his playstyle.

Now, if you're comparing two people who DON'T play the same character...
That should be obvious.

Player-1

Smash Legend
wtf, there's nothing to disagree with. If you're losing then you're losing lmao. If tournaments aren't showing who is better than who then that defeats the whole purpose of having tournaments.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
But I still disagree NR. Are u saying that a playstyle can't be better than another?

This is good tho.

I think the way someone is judged needs to be stated here.
Some people obviously just want singles results.

I say Kryst states the criteria since he is in charge.

The results only thing is so effy cuz many players don't use only one character.
Example, Delux only uses Ice-climbers I think while Esam uses Pika and ice-climbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom