• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah, I've heard about SoulPech - seems like he's a good contender for top 5 Jigglypuff.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
i made kira break his controller and the tv last tournament lmao it was great. He raged so hard, he left the venue for an hour and no one could find him. Set was saved but, never uploaded sadly :(. I think he got mad cause i taunted like 5 times in the last game...idunno.
Ok #1 don't feel special, Kira always acts like that

#2 A lot of people don't understand AZ so hearing one side of the story is going to make it seem like frustration and rage, but it's not. AZ is hella passionate. We just like to yell and make noise. We like to have fun. 5 minutes after Kira's ultra "rage" from losing to Rich Brown he was laughing and joking again. We're just like that. We like to get loud and have fun, because the entire AZ scene are friends. We hang with each other outside of smash and stuff, one of our last tourneys was a BBQ/Tourney at a smasher's house.

Kira and K9 both get in each other's face and yell about how they're gonna **** each other up after the beat each other in tournament. They don't mean it, it's just how they pump themselves up so they can put in 110%, it's all just hype. People like to watch pro wrestling and it's basically the same thing, a lot of people blowing smoke and showmanship (or however you would explain it)

In reality the scene is VERY chill but OOSers don't really know so they take it as us being overly serious ragey and uptight. We're just getting excited about something we really like.

#3 just saying, you beat Kira with Diddy and he also beat you as diddy. You won as MK so that's not really a win towards your diddy ranking because you guys went even as far as Diddy vs whoever Kira was using (unless there was a previous win)

You did win, but as a win for the diddy top-5 it's irrelevant, you didn't win the set as diddy you won once as Diddy and once as MK.

Not trying to take away any of your shine or anything but just putting it out there.

Tesh

Smash Hero
breaking your own controller and someone's TV sure sounds "hella passionate".

I'm sure the guy who brought a heavy old TV for a setup really enjoyed the showmanship of that one.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
breaking your own controller and someone's TV sure sounds "hella passionate".

I'm sure the guy who brought a heavy old TV for a setup really enjoyed the showmanship of that one.
I don't know what TV he's referring to, because i don't remember any TVs being broken. If dude wants to break his own controller though that's his thing.

You wouldn't really understand Kira unless you actually have met or saw him. He's just weird... he squats in this awkward super saiyan esque pose when he plays, we just find it hilarious, if he had to break a controller to pump himself up that's his thing. different strokes for different folks. I pump myself up by talking **** to people i'll never beat, everyone's different.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
I don't see the difference between "too passionate" and a raging mofo. Either way I wouldn't want to be near either person when they lose.

Also a win is a win... the fact that he lost to him just makes them even in sets... not that the win somehow doesn't exist anymore. Unless you mean vato went diddy 1 game and won and lost as diddy game 2 and then switched to MK. Then I don't know how this dumb thread works out situations like that.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
I don't see the difference between "too passionate" and a raging mofo. Either way I wouldn't want to be near either person when they lose.

Also a win is a win... the fact that he lost to him just makes them even in sets... not that the win somehow doesn't exist anymore.
It's a win that's counteracted by the fact that he lost equally as many times, because we play this game in sets. A single match doesn't validly prove a thing, an entire set does.

SoulPech

Smash Master
I need to get new vids of me playing. Keist had a stream from a tourney back in March, but the data no longer exists T_T. I need to rush out that Puff Swag.

vato_break

Smash Master
Really? because i was told he never broke his controller lololol so no **** you, i will feel special! he raged agian actually last weekend(he lost to a socal random TL*socal too good*) though in all respect i would get mad too(not that i would rage like him though), traveling 5+ hours to a tournament to get ***** :( i almost feel bad lol. I don't think it's passion as he was pulling his hair out. He's endangering those around him by swinging/hitting things with his controller. One of these days someones eyes may be poked out!

SK92

Smash Journeyman
I beat Silly Kyle, and Tearbear yesterday at E4U
Decent update. Also that tournament was stacked im satisfied placing even with Vinnie,Z, and Zex........soooooo

southpaw

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4442-0022-4229
Really? because i was told he never broke his controller lololol so no **** you, i will feel special! he raged agian actually last weekend(he lost to a socal random TL*socal too good*) though in all respect i would get mad too(not that i would rage like him though), traveling 5+ hours to a tournament to get ***** :( i almost feel bad lol. I don't think it's passion as he was pulling his hair out. He's endangering those around him by swinging/hitting things with his controller. One of these days someones eyes may be poked out!
gotta watchout for those random tl's lol. I was actually afraid to talk to him the rest of the day tho.
oh and dill bess rob. its really no contest lol.

SK92

Smash Journeyman
Yeah take me off the list PERMANENTLY thats an order from me

Don't have time for brawl anymore. In 2008 I did and enjoyed it while i can but i hate to see myself as a rusty falco if i have more potential, but just don't have time to play. Kudos to everyone that made more steps to get ranked up.

B0NK

Smash Lord
Dill did. Not joking when we say he's the best ROB.

I wish game 3 was saved too ;_;

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Yeah take me off the list PERMANENTLY thats an order from me

Don't have time for brawl anymore. In 2008 I did and enjoyed it while i can but i hate to see myself as a rusty falco if i have more potential, but just don't have time to play. Kudos to everyone that made more steps to get ranked up.
Sk92 stop talking like that. Yer stronger than that my friend. Not many people are practicing 24/7. Just do your best.

Wow that Dill guy was nice! But slow yer roll. Questions for Rob players. How is the Rob vs DK matchup. It looked like Rob shut down all of Dk's options. I mean Rob's moves even beat Dk's recovery o_0 on the ledge. Not taking away anything from the guy but just curious to know the matchup. Did he make DK look free simply by playing great or is DK also free for Rob?

stingers

Smash Obsessed
ROB destroys DK. DK cant even play the range game on ROB. He is completely outclassed on the ground. 90% of the time hes forced to approach to the air where ROBs moves beat out DKs when timed right. Not to mention the camping. And ROB ***** DK offstage.

But that's DK, Will is a different story. Kudos to Dill for proving his worth =D Who else did he play that tourney?

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Ah Will is still limited to DK's options tho. Same for me as lucas. We are outliers but at the end of the day in SINGLES u are still limited. So my analysis was correct.

He did great. But things like that are expected from good players. That's like praising a marth for ****** me. Show vids of him playing an not so easy/guaranteed matchup.

Still good stuff to him. A great show of skill.

RaptorTEC

Smash Champion
Actually that TL is from Brooklyn. :p
Also, Dill took Dabuz's Olimar to game 3 and has beaten local names who are still pretty good. Mah boi Dill :p

Cassio

Smash Master
Quite frankly, SK92 has to deal with significantly tougher competition than either Kismet or BC and I dont see Kismet and possibly BC doing anywhere close to as well as SK92 in a region that legitimately knows how to fight and beat falco.

No one wanted to list Kismet and BC's losses because they were happy to see him just jump up the list with little discussion, but if Kismet has losses to AL that arent reflex as seemed to be the case at one event than his spot above SK is questionable. And please dont even get started on Pelca.

Cassio

Smash Master
NY/NJ is great, but no I wouldnt say they are as good at fighting Falco as SoCal. Thats like suggesting SoCal is as good at fighting Diddy because were second best region. The years of experience against top level falcos isnt there.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
New England's metagame is snake/falco, I'm pretty **** sure you have to know those MUs to get anywhere in that region, don't be ignorant.

Jimmyfosho

Smash Hero
Being sarcastic and pointing out the obvious.
NY/NJ is great, but no I wouldnt say they are as good at fighting Falco as SoCal. Thats like suggesting SoCal is good at fighting Diddy because were second best region. The years of experience against top level falcos isnt there.
Ok that's your opinion. NY/NJ is just as good as socal so to say that the competition isn't tough over on the other side is dumb.

Cassio

Smash Master
New England's metagame is snake/falco, I'm pretty **** sure you have to know those MUs to get anywhere in that region, don't be ignorant.
How does that affect what I said? Im sure Texas is good at the Diddy MU but if I were a top level diddy and had to choose Id sure as hell stay away from NY/NJ over Texas. Perhaps theres a better example but you get the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom