• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Triforce of Knowledge" Ganon's Match-Up Guide: Character Review, Kirby.

talkingbeatles

Smash Ace
stRIP... That was a SICK discovery!! To think I've never even thought of that O_o'

From here on, everytime i connect with a Gerudo on Wario, it's a garanteed 42% no matter what his % he has.
This plus grabrelease -> Fsmash gets you A LOT of free damage on him :lick:
If this works with up angeled Fsmash, it'll even be 44% ¤_¤

But 90-10 in Ganon's favor Vs Wario, just because this combo? Naa... You're overating it big time.
I honestly think it makes the matchup 50:50 though...

You should make a vid of it... Or maybe I can do it?

This might as well work on other floaty characters too.
Is this a joke? Can we see this?

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Z1GMA, stRIP, you two better not be making that all up..

Seriously. Getting the hopes of Ganon mains so high, only as a joke, could be real depressing.

stRIP

Smash Ace
k Z1GMA and i faild

we tried to do a april fools joke

We wanted to create a video for it, taking 3 players (online, i take 2 controllers from me) Z1GMA goes to the left and takes the nametag "April" wario in the mid "fools" and me "day"

Just warlockpunching him...at the same time

but we failed, Z1GMA just came to late in msn.

Was planned as a nice Joke =/

Z1GMA, stRIP, you two better not be making that all up..

Seriously. Getting the hopes of Ganon mains so high, only as a joke, could be real depressing.

sry. we failed.

@ALL!

NO, THERE IS NO DISCOVERY

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
k Z1GMA and i faild

we tried to do a april fools joke

We wanted to create a video for it, taking 3 players (online, i take 2 controllers from me) Z1GMA goes to the left and takes the nametag "April" wario in the mid "fools" and me "day"

Just warlockpunching him...at the same time

but we failed, Z1GMA just came to late in msn.

Was planned as a nice Joke =/

sry. we failed.

@ALL!

NO, THERE IS NO DISCOVERY
I am gonna *beep* *beep *beep* and then *beep*, on a *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*, then *beep* *beep*.

*beep*.

Seriously guys, that sucked, getting our hopes up like that only to make them come crashing down, you should be ashamed.

stRIP

Smash Ace
I am gonna *beep* *beep *beep* and then *beep*, on a *beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*, then *beep* *beep*.

*beep*.

Seriously guys, that sucked, getting our hopes up like that only to make them come crashing down, you should be ashamed.
what do you think?

we are talking about a nearly impossible thing, if its 1.4.

i talked about it a day ago...FOR YOU becuz of timezones. it already was 1:00 in the night at us

rly sry, but LOL, who is angry about a joke on 1.4.?

only IAmAngryAboutJokesOnTheAprilFoolsDayfaqs (that q is a g)

@HomE

Smash Ace

*beep*.

I feel your pain, but today you REALLY can't get angry at them for any Shenanigans

<3 Z1GMA
<3 stRIP

You actually got me (a little) even tho I dont give a **** about the Wario match-up hahaha

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Big LULZ all around.

There was one discovery made that needs to be explained...how did stRIP manage to post in all caps?

Z1GMA go msn FAST!!

REALLY ITS IMPORTANT, NEED TO TEST SMTHING WITH YOU FOR THIS MATCHUP, I THINK I DISCOVERED SOMETHING THAT BRINGS IT TO 90:10

GOGOGOGO MSN!

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Vs D3.

Please don't play him on FD or any stage with walk-off boundaries. It will suck.

Otherwise the matchup is still pretty lame...walk up and powershield F-tilt and Waddles a lot, Flame Choke -> Jab to punish him after he spotdodges. Get him in the air as fast as possible and juggle him.

@HomE

Smash Ace
One TINY hint i may have for D3 is if they get far off the edge and are using their Up-B to try to sweet spot the edge, if you stand right on the edge and TS when they turn over to be able to catch the edge, if they do it to high at all, free spike....

Not much but i thought i'd mention it, I doubt D3 will have to sweet spot the edge much against Ganon

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Dang!
I better come up with a real discovery to make up for this.

If it were not for April 1, I'd NEVER do this to you guys <3

.... One tip though..
(Do not waste the power of TS or Fsmash on Wario's bike when it's lying on the grund !!)

But if you for some reason wish to destroy it, at least use Jab, so that your killmoves gets somewhat fresh.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Dang!
I better come up with a real discovery to make up for this.

If it were not for April 1, I'd NEVER do this to you guys <3

.... One tip though..
(Do not waste the power of TS or Fsmash on Wario's bike when it's lying on the grund !!)

But if you for some reason wish to destroy it, at least use Jab, so that your killmoves gets somewhat fresh.

Slightly off topic question I've been wondering about for awile..

If you use an attack to destroy parts of the level (Luigi's Mansion ect..) does that weaken your moves?

:034:

Smash Hero
Slightly off topic question I've been wondering about for awile..

If you use an attack to destroy parts of the level (Luigi's Mansion ect..) does that weaken your moves?
Yes, anything thatyou can hit will weaken/refresh your moves. So things like hitting the balloon on Smashville, Brinstar's pillars, Wario's bike will weaken/refresh your moves.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Yes, anything thatyou can hit will weaken/refresh your moves. So things like hitting the balloon on Smashville, Brinstar's pillars, Wario's bike will weaken/refresh your moves.
Hmmm, yea I wasn't sure, Thanks I'll keep this in mind next time i want to stomp down Luigis house, Maybe give it a couple N-airs instead :chuckle:

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm not gonna lie, this matchup is so far in Dedede's favor it probably seems insulting to most of you.

I guess the good thing Ganon has going for him is that Dedede's size makes it easy for him to do flame choke shenanigans and multiple dair hits (think bat drops) on.

My only advice is to space like crazy and DO NOT get grabbed.

:034:

Smash Hero
^ You'd be suprised. D3 honestly isn't as bad as IC/Sheik/Falco. His immense size makes him very suspectible to multiple dairs and Flame Choke, as you said. Ganondorf still has some spacing methods against D3 to use, though not a whole lot. I dunno... I think D3 can infinite us, which would make this a terrible match-up, but D3's infinites on anybody are banned in my area.

I thought this was bad until I played a D3 on Delfino, in teams. Began the match, I entered right next to him, so I dair'd him straight away... Then again... And again, which spiked him over the edge, effectively killing him. It was pretty pro. <:

Nonetheless, I still use Pikachu against D3 so yeah.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's not really an infinite, it's a walking chaingrab like what we have on Bowser.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Not to mention, Olimar's pikmans.
Yeah.. It's pretty annoying how some people use their killmoves to get rid of them, when they actually can help you refresh them..

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

I love jabbing Waddle dee's.. It gets me early Uair kills on D3.

One question though... Does D3 refresh his moves when his Waddle dee's gets hit while in their throwing animation? I really don't think so, but you never know.

@HomE

Smash Ace
There really isn't all that much to say about this match-up IMO

For Ganon dont get grabbed and mind your spacing

For D3 dont get stomped and watch for flame choke

Coney

Smash Master
I play with a really good Ganon all the time. I'll just say this:

If you're a good Ganon and play against someone who doesn't take him seriously or doesn't know the matchup, you might just destroy him.

Buuuut...

I play with this good Ganon, and I really don't have to ever think. I can only imagine how hard he's trying the entire match, but the DDD has to worry about very little--spotdodging flame chokes, wizard feet and the like. One grab means a CG to the ledge and a ledgeguard opportunity, which is extremely effective for DDD on Ganon. You might be able to catch a flame chokeslam and take him down a stock, but a smart DDD'll stay out of your horizontal range.

Good luck on this guys, but you're in a really tough situation.

He won the first three or four times we played, simply because I knew nothing about Ganon. But now that I understand Ganon, the matchup has gotten much more difficult for him.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
One question though... Does D3 refresh his moves when his Waddle dee's gets hit while in their throwing animation? I really don't think so, but you never know.
Wow, I actually don't know that and I've never heard it asked lol. tbh, not that many good Dededes will spam Waddle Dees. They'll usually try to ftilt or grab if you're on the ground and bair if you're in the air. I'll still ask about the question though.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
I dont mind this matchup too bad to be honest. Once he gets chaingrabbing, one chaingrab across FD/SV/BF is gonna be about the same damage as flame choke to dtilt. And if he goes off stage after a chaingrab to edgeguard with bair, drop down, wait for him to bair, then double jump uair into stage spike. Then recover.

ShinGaruda

Smash Journeyman
Success in this match for Ganondorf is-- you guessed it-- flame choke and thunderstomping.

M. Bison: OF COURSE!

Sorry Gates. After seeing your avatar, I just had to.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
D3

His CG is so nice against us, he chains us to the end of the stage, then bthrows us back on just as a damaging coda that puts it all back again (rather than go into the disadvantageous edgeguard situation).

Then all he has to start doing is getting us in the air, and one of his moves will kill us. It'll just happen.

Top Bottom