• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst represented character?

SHUCKLE MAN

Smash Cadet
Has to be Pikachu!

What a non-sensical moveset. I mean

Thunder Jolt
Quick Attack / Agility
Skull Bash
Thunder

What on Earth? Who'd EVER use that moveset. Thunder is a pathetic attack, as it isn't always raining. Skull Bash needs you to 'lower your head' for like half an hour, before delivering a relatively powerful attack, Quick Attack is very weak, and Thunder Jolt isn't even an attack! Seriously people! Whoever made this game needs to get out more, and play a Pokemon game once in a while. Seriously! Get a life!

Seriously, the statistics for March said that 68% of Pikachu knew Substitute, 67% had Thunderbolt, 62% had Grass Knot, 49% had Brick Break, 40% had Hidden Power Ice, 32% had Volt Tackle (which is Pika's Final Smash, to be fair), 18% had Encore, 12% had Nasty Plot, and 11% had Surf and/or Fake Out.

Seriously. Where is Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ice or Surf in Pikachu's Brawl moveset. I have NEVER seen a Pikachu use Skull Bash before. Heck, I've never seen a Pokemon use Skull Bash. It's THAT bad a move.

Of all these awesome attacks Pikachu can use, seriously, we have to resort to Skull Bash?

Zesse

Smash Rookie
I think Pikachu is represented quite well.

His Final Smash is the only Pokemon FS that is actually a real move in the games.

Pkmn Trainers FS is actually a combination of 3 moves, but still, it isnt a REAL move in itself.
Where can I find a Volt Tackle that looks quite like that :psycho:

Gindler

Smash Champion
Has to be Pikachu!

Thunder Jolt
Quick Attack / Agility
Skull Bash
Thunder

What on Earth? Who'd EVER use that moveset. Thunder is a pathetic attack, as it isn't always raining. Skull Bash needs you to 'lower your head' for like half an hour, before delivering a relatively powerful attack, Quick Attack is very weak, and Thunder Jolt isn't even an attack! Seriously people! Whoever made this game needs to get out more, and play a Pokemon game once in a while. Seriously! Get a life!

Seriously, the statistics for March said that 68% of Pikachu knew Substitute, 67% had Thunderbolt, 62% had Grass Knot, 49% had Brick Break, 40% had Hidden Power Ice, 32% had Volt Tackle (which is Pika's Final Smash, to be fair), 18% had Encore, 12% had Nasty Plot, and 11% had Surf and/or Fake Out.

Seriously. Where is Grass Knot, Hidden Power Ice or Surf in Pikachu's Brawl moveset. I have NEVER seen a Pikachu use Skull Bash before. Heck, I've never seen a Pokemon use Skull Bash. It's THAT bad a move.

Of all these awesome attacks Pikachu can use, seriously, we have to resort to Skull Bash?
Well I quit pokemon somewhere in silver's popularity, so I have no idea what grass knot, brick break, hidden power ice (i assume it's and ice attack that people wouldn't expect?), encore, nasty plot, and fake out are. They must be new stupid attacks that at least half the smasher wouldn't even know. I know the smash world's pikachu attacks because those were there before I moved on from pokemon (mostly due to the fact that half of the 2nd gen pokemon were horrible/uncreative so I'd hate to see all the new 5th gen ones :()

Oh, and these are from melee too....don't think they had those statistic attacks back then......

As far as worst represtend goes i'd have to say samus......for obvious OP reasons. and best represented......sonic, he can run and spin just like his games

Hydra.

Smash Lord
NNID
Aqua.Sword
As far as worst represtend goes i'd have to say samus......for obvious OP reasons. and best represented......sonic, he can run and spin just like his games
All Sonics moves look the same.. It's really, really annoying. -_-

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
R.O.B. /thread

Almost ALL his moves and even R.O.B. himself are made up. Seriously, but my R.O.B. I have at home looks WAY different than Brawl R.O.B. I would almost say that R.O.B. is a new character that debuted in Brawl.

So it's R.O.B. Samus doesn't even come close.

-Linko-

Smash Journeyman
Ganondorf. I mean, why is he a clone of the manliest knee ever? He should use a sword and dark magic, not that lame wrestling useless style.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
Has to be Pikachu!

Thunder Jolt
Quick Attack / Agility
Skull Bash
Thunder

*rant on current Pikachu stuff*

. I have NEVER seen a Pikachu use Skull Bash before. Heck, I've never seen a Pokemon use Skull Bash. It's THAT bad a move.

Skull Bash was a TM in generation 1, which was the only time a Pikachu could ever learn Skull Bash. Generation 2 was technically the only generation it could also learn Headbutt (Neutral A, Dash Attack). In theory, it was possible to have a Pikachu from generation 1 learn skull bash, then trade it to Generation 2 to teach it Headbutt.

Then they taught it Volt Tackle, an EGG move for Pikachu from Generation 3, meaning they'd have to breed it as a Pichu in Generation 3 or 4. There is absolutely no way to go from Generation 3 to interact with Generation 2 as of now, meaning that this Pikachu was totally hacked.

Also, the SSB creators don't give a **** about the metagame. They use what a Pikachu would probably use to survive/in the anime/would be fun to create, then leave it at that. If they did go off the metagame, explain Mewtwo. Teleport, Disable, Confusion, Shadow Ball. Teleport hasn't been seen on a Mewtwo since Generation 1 as a TM, and is absolutely useless in the pokemon game itself for battle. Confusion and Disable are Mewtwo's starting moves. Shadow Ball is a random move they added for the anime. The official name for his grab was "Psychic" though.

ForcePalm, Aura Sphere, Double Team, Extremespeed is absolutely PITIFUL type coverage (and move choice for force palm), and one would have to screw around with his stats to a horrible mess in order to make it "work." ForcePalm is weak, albeit with a 30% chance of paralysis (which probably explains the 33% trip rate at the tip). Aura Sphere is a move that's supposed to never miss, and Double Team is supposed to raise evasion, not act as a counter attack. ExtremeSpeed is the most powerful* priority move in the game, twice as powerful as Quick Attack. Yet for some reason, it has severe start-up lag, severe ending lag, severe landing lag, does no damage, and is COMPLETELY VULNERABLE throughout the entire attack. Seriously, you can punish Extremespeed's lag. Explain to me that one, Nintendo. Also, it randomly is the only move that can go directly into a wall cling. Also, Aura makes no sense on Lucario, and should be better fitted to Pokemon Trainer.

Also, Pokemon Trainer. Rock Smash is single-handedly the most powerful single-attack in this game in terms of sheer damage output with one input that can be used in competitive play other than maybe Bullet Seed (Fully charged bucket doesn't count). Up to 45% on one sweetspot that's relatively easy to land at low %, meaning that one hit of this baby's sweetspot is almost half a stock gone. Even without the sweetspot, it kills at ridiculous %s and does a whopping 18% on the head smash alone. It even has super armor and the rock can block projectiles as long as it's out (which causes the smash effect to happen, meaning that it can still do damage after blocking a projectile.) Meanwhile, in the game, Rock Smash is one of if not the absolute worst fighting move in the game, doing the second worst possible total damage in all 3 games it was in. (third if you count wrap-like moves as one move). Fly is supposed to be an upwards ascent followed by a diving attack. I seriously hope they originally meant to make Up B originally transition into a glide, which it should, dammit! Earthquake, Charizard's Dsmash, is rather suckish for being the single most popular attack in every game since its origin in generation 1 (more popular than Stealth Rock in Gen 4). Also, where's Seismic Toss? :< And lastly, withdraw is supposed to be a powerful defensive move and should've been Squirtle's shield. Jumping on a squirtle using withdraw does NOT turn them into helpless Koopas ala Paper Mario, dammit, but I'll admit it's a funny as hell addition.

Also, while I'm at it, Thunderbolt would've either been completely broken or completely useless on Pikachu if it was the anime version. (Considering it'd probably have as much lag as Homing Attack with less accuracy)

Oh yeah, and I probably don't need to make another rant on how Pokemon Trainer deserves aura more than Lucario does, considering Lucario has virtually NO relation to a power boost with damage, and all 3 of Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon have their type's respective "power boost when low stamina" ability, meaning they completely fscked up Pokemon Trainer.

...Yeah, Pokemon Trainer is probably the worst represented simply on basis of stamina should've been reversed. (2 minutes = power boost and increases even further with more time)

Another badly represented character is Kirby, though. I totally would've loved it if DownB grounded was a slide (maybe a tripping one). <3

Ganondorf is probably the second worst represented though. No sword wtf. Toon Ganon for SSB4.

*technically, a pokemon with STAB and Technician can make Quick Attack/Bullet Punch/Mach Punch slightly stronger than Extremespeed (up to base power 90 with STAB and technician), but Extremespeed has the highest base power of any non-buffed priority attack move (80 base power).

Oh, and one last thing.

ROB HOLDS THE GYRO IN ONE GRIP.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Link is obviously mis-represented in the Smash series. I mean... he can JUMP. TWICE. And he doesn't automatically jump when he runs off the edge, either.

... =P

ParadoxJuice

Smash Rookie
Kid Icarus, no doubt about it.

I mean, there is some guy called Pit in the game, supposedly from Kid Icarus. When was the main charecter of Kid Icarus refered to as Pit?

Pit is far too tall, and he has a bow-in the game, Kid Icarus never had a bow, he just flicked arrows with his fingers somehow. And they didn't go out that far, nor could you have them chase you around.

Furthurmore, Pit can fly unlike Kid Icarus, and he has swords. Skyworld? Never seen that in Kid Icarus. It was all strangely coloured ground.

Pit WTF.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Kid Icarus, no doubt about it.

I mean, there is some guy called Pit in the game, supposedly from Kid Icarus. When was the main charecter of Kid Icarus refered to as Pit?

Pit is far too tall, and he has a bow-in the game, Kid Icarus never had a bow, he just flicked arrows with his fingers somehow. And they didn't go out that far, nor could you have them chase you around.

Furthurmore, Pit can fly unlike Kid Icarus, and he has swords. Skyworld? Never seen that in Kid Icarus. It was all strangely coloured ground.

Pit WTF.
...This is sarcasm, right? Please say that it is sarcasm.

The ONLY thing you are right about is the fact that Pit has swords in Brawl but not in Kid Icarus. Everything else is just... ugh... :urg:

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Exactly. I didn't forget about Roc's Feather, but neither this Link or Toon Link obtained it. =P

The_Rake

Smash Lord
All Sonics moves look the same.. It's really, really annoying. -_-
His side and down B do...what else does, I suppose his down smash kind of is. His dash and neautral A aerial are the same too i guess but at a stretch thats it. I do think his homing attack sucks representation wise, i never use it because of the start up lag.
Plus I think it blows how slow his attacks are, completely unrepresentative of his speed. (side note, could have hade better costumes. everyone knows a shadow skin would have been awsome, bring it on SSB4)
I don't mean for this to sound like sonic is the worst represented, I believe that title belongs to ganondorf.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
What's wrong with links?
The only problem I had with them was his bombs but that's been fixed in brawl. I suppose some of his other weapons could have been used like the megaton hammer, the boomerang seemed a poor fit for melee as it was a young link only weapon (same for young link and the bow).
I'd have liked to have seen toon link use the grappling hook instead of the hookshot, I know he has both but hey, it was a weapon I'd always want to use on enemies.
I can't remember any of links other weapons actually :S

Longbow

Smash Rookie
i just don't know what to say about Samus' fall speed... wth? She's supposed to be around 250lbs or so with that armor on... and she doesn't have that much wind resistance, so why does she fall like a flippin feather? Its like "hey guys, start charging up your up smashes in a few minutes while I'm makin my way down!" And her charge beam... don't get me started.

Frown

poekmon
i just don't know what to say about Samus' fall speed... wth? She's supposed to be around 250lbs or so with that armor on... and she doesn't have that much wind resistance, so why does she fall like a flippin feather? Its like "hey guys, start charging up your up smashes in a few minutes while I'm makin my way down!" And her charge beam... don't get me started.
She has her Super Metroid fall speed.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The worst represented character is Ness, he only has 3 moves that are true, his bat,yoyo, and pk flash, everything else is made up, or is used by paula.

Other notables are Ganondorf, Samus, Lucas, and toon link.

The best represented would be Olimar, Mario, Yoshi(I think the best) and Sonic.

Alsosomeone mentioned replacing samus flamethrower with the ice beam that can freeze people like the IC vB. I think that is a wonderful idea for her upsmash with its 4 hits and whatnot

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Yoshi would be perfectly represented if he could eat items with Egg Lay and have a tether recovery. =/

Snaaaaake

Smash Rookie
I think it's Luigi.
Don't get me wrong - I love Luigi, he's the hero of my childhood, but I don't like his whiny faces in Brawl. I don't like his moveset in Brawl, and I reallyreally miss his vacuum cleaner from Luigi's Mansion. And what's wrong with his Final Smash? In my opinion this has nothing to do with Luigi, just a way to make him look gay. D:

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Other notables are Ganondorf, Samus, Lucas, and toon link.
Toon Link! :S
what, are you serious? how is he miss-represented? He has his bombs, boomerang, hookshot (i would have preferred grappling hook) and bow and arrows.
Plus there's his combo attacks and spin attack which you can charge. Thats a pretty much perfect representation right there.
Only way I can see he's bad is that he can jump...very very high

Oh, I heard that he uses the phantom sword, havn't really looked that closesly but it doesn't look like it to me, anyone confirm this?

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Ganondorf before mewtwo anyday. At least mewtwo uses those attacks in pokemon. Ganonforfs moveset is just an adaptation of Falcons

Although i do have issues with mewtwo, he was supposed to be the most powerful pokemon and his performance in melee did not reflect that. I would never think of using him in anything other than 1 v 1

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
At least he has the gyros.
Yup. And that is all he had. The rest of his moves are all made up. And even the Gyro's are different! The real R.O.B. has two Gyro -not one- and they are way smaller. And he can't fire them.

In other words: Every char that has 2 moves from his own games is better represented than R.O.B.

Shadow Huan

Smash Champion
Ganondorf before mewtwo anyday. At least mewtwo uses those attacks in pokemon. Ganonforfs moveset is just an adaptation of Falcons

Although i do have issues with mewtwo, he was supposed to be the most powerful pokemon and his performance in melee did not reflect that. I would never think of using him in anything other than 1 v 1
Yeah, they gave Mewtwo two of the most usless specials in the series. even being as bad a he was, he's still worth playing if you're good enough at the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NojRn7rVacQ

Ganondorf didn't have much to go on in Melee cause he only did three moves in OoT. The TP version in Brawl has no excuse.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Don't get me wrong, i'd use mewtwo quite a lot, but only in 1v1, hes a bit slow to keep track of more opponents. I'd always use Mewtwo when there's 1 enemy, Roy when there's 2 and Ganondorf with 3

that's another thing, mewtwo is supposed to be faster than pikachu!

D.white

Smash Rookie
In conclusion so many characters aren't perfect *sigh* too bad..

Also isn't Ike supposed to be a faster character... You can eve see in side clips that he's fast. Also in Subspace his scene on catching up to the "Prime Minister" was fast...

Oh well.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Actually, nintendo is VERY good at giving the characters their own style and feel. Most of the characters' moves, physical traits, air speed, animations etc. are spot on(good examples are DK, Bowser, Wario, Snake, Diddy, GnW, Sonic, Mario etc.)

The only one I really disagree with is Ganon. Other than that I think they did a very good job.

Zunari

Smash Apprentice
When brawl first came out i was really excited about Sonic being in the game, and had already decided to main him before seeing any in game footage of him. So i buy my wii and my copy brawl, set it up etc, and finally unlock Sonic.
I quickly fight some random cpu to see his moveset only to find that his forward smash is a punch.
I have never used Sonic since

Kefrius

Smash Apprentice
I note the point from many people that for ex. ROB is only a toy and the ICs only jump, but I 100% agree Samus should be faster, stay as floaty as se is, and maybe add instead of the flamethrower the ice beam (without the freezing effect, only at high percents)

And for Ganon, agree 9000% with the pic, lol :laugh:

Top Bottom