• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst represented character?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
**** did you want it to be, more spinning?
No, more like a kick via Sonic Battle, which would've been perfect and powerful with some ending lag, which works. Considering how much power Sonic even HAS as is, it would've seriously helped his moveset. Ironically, Super Sonic isn't a bad representation. Since you ALWAYS started with 50 rings, 50 seconds seemed to make sense. Too bad it was broken as all hell.

Erj

Smash Rookie
Ummm Ike

No contest.

In Fire Emblem Ike is faster than guys on dragons. When Ike does Aether in Fire Emblem he gains health with the both hits. Ike doesn't ever ever ever do eruption or great aether. Ike doesn't have his lord costume. And IKE DOESN'T FIGHT FOR HIS FRIENDS!!!
Exactly. When I first saw Ike, I thought he was exactly gonna be just like PoR. Instead, I get a slow *** mofo wielding Ragnell. He was a Roy replacement, Roy was quick... At least somewhat. Why did all of a sudden Ike turned out to be a slow character. I really had to change mains due to his speed:(, but I still know how to use him though :)

thekingsdinner666

Smash Apprentice
Lucas doesn't know ANY of the moves he does in Brawl in the NES games dammit!
And like doom dragon said, Ike doesn't use Eruption and the Great Aether... like, c'mon Sakurai, did you even play any of the games you got these characters from?

MRTW113

Smash Journeyman
I don't remember Zelda ever being playable in the series. And dins fire, nayru's love, farores wind were all moves that Link used on his quest to save Zelda.
I also don't ever rememer Link Kicking in the LoZ either.
Link would love to have Farore's Wind as a recovery.

Serph

Smash Journeyman
How can this be anyone but Ganondorf? At least the characters who didn't get accurate movesets received unique movesets. Many of Ganon's are based on a character he has absolutely no relation to, and only one is used by him in a Zelda game. (And even then it's just a kick. THE kick, yes. But a kick all the same)

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
How can this be anyone but Ganondorf? At least the characters who didn't get accurate movesets received unique movesets. Many of Ganon's are based on a character he has absolutely no relation to, and only one is used by him in a Zelda game. (And even then it's just a kick. THE kick, yes. But a kick all the same)
I can live with Ganondorf not being well-represented. Every move is so satisfying when it connects that it doesn't matter.

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Soul calibur 2...there was a lot of kicking from link in there. I realise the first 2 smashes were out first (did link kick in them?).

I can live with Ganondorf not being well-represented. Every move is so satisfying when it connects that it doesn't matter.
Ha, definetly! 1 hit and theyre flying

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVYggDnaJgY

Flame Choke at 2:58 lolol

Serph

Smash Journeyman
I'll give them the benefit of the doubt there.

Still, the number of cloned moves aren't acceptable for a character of his stature.

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Definitely. I wouldn't mind if some of his A moves were similar because he is a tall humanoid character like Captain Falcon..some of his A moves are fine, in fact I don't mind any of them except maybe his smashes being too similar, but come on..At least change his B moves. Plus, every bad guy should have 1. some type of minion(bowser should get goombas/koopas and ganon should get like..oktoroks/stalchilds) and 2. some type of control over his opponent/suicide move. It just makes them that much more evil.

As far as Link, Zelda and the magical **** is concerned..They already had a perfectly fitting moveset for Link and Zelda wasn't playable so they had to give her some moves..and they gave her ones that fit with the series. Who cares that she never actually used them? Link wasn't going to and it's nice that they added them. Zelda and Sheik also have very fitting movesets.

Top Bottom