• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The worst represented character?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Jigglypuff could heal as she is sleeping, meaning in order to restore the full 20%, she has to sleep the entire time.
But in that case they'd either have to make it broken (restore like 60 or more, in which case you'd always attempt to kill off the top to get it), or useless (anything less than 30, since most smashes would do more damage than you'd recover by the time your enemy respawns.). On top of that, rest is great how it is now...

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
IMO

Ganon- not gonna explain.

Capt. Falcon- not gonna explain.

Mewtwo- he's suppose to be all powerful and yet they gave a moveset that an abra could master. wtf?

jigglypuff- all she is a puffball that sings and sleeps. at least give us a pokemon that can makes more sense.

ike- should've had wind slash instead of eruption and why does he have so much knockback. he can send people farther than a big dragon turtle can.

that's all i can think of right now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Skull Bash should boost Pikachu's defense for the rest of his stock.

Quick Attack should have 2nd priority (only losing to switching)

thunder jolt is not a pokemon move o_o

nitpicks lol

Mewtwo and Ganon are my votes.

M.K

Level 55
Jiggly is kind of weird... She, much like Lucario, were kind of odd choices anyway, but yeah, Rest isn't true to the games at all, despite being neat. There's a reason they did this though. Imaine it healed.
Team match: Jiggly's at 100%. Teammate approaches Jiggly. Jiggly rests, recovers say, 20%, gets jabbed awake for 3%, repeat.
Jigglypuff, at the time of Super Smash Bros. 64, was a very popular character in the Pokemon Anime, which led to her inclusion within the game. However, in modern times, she is of less importance. Her roots in the anime are her only saving grace.

Lucario was the mascot of the 4th Generation along with Munchlax, Bonsly, Mime Jr., and Weavile. Lucario was originally believed to be a legendary Pokemon due to the fact that he had a movie based upon him (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew) and the fact that there was not a pre-evolution revealed for him. Obviously, these thoughts have changed since Diamond and Pearl have been released. However, Diamond and Pearl were supported greatly by Lucario, thus explaining his inclusion in Brawl.

But seriously why keep jiggly? Jigglypuff is probably the least wanted character in the game and has severe lack of interest even among pokemon people. A ton of other characters you cannot get rid of as they are single person representatives of nintendos 1st party games.

I can see dropping a lot of the previous choices at the time from melee such as mewtwo, pichu, doctor mario and roy. None of them really representated anything and really were just extras. But jiggs is really the only one that has to go in brawl in my opinion. Of course for reasons I do not quite get everyone wants roy back. (I admit I liked roy too).

Nibbles 2

Smash Apprentice
All the original SSB64 characters survived to return in Melee and Brawl, and I think they plan to keep it that way. So... they probably won't ever get rid of Jiggly in any possible sequels. But Jigglypuff isn't that bad, I mean... she's cute, plus they already had her moveset/model from Melee, it wouldn't have taken long to transfer her over to Brawl, so why not keep her on the roster?

GigaBowserXyZ

Smash Journeyman
all this "she was in ssb64 so she's not leaving" makes no sense to me. she only got in through popularity which is probally dead by now. not only that ness was not going to be in melee but only through luck he got back so back or not that ruin the 12 excuse. also in brawl despite being a vet she shows up REALLY late on the list so it looked like they didn't want her back but because of time constraints and how her moveset was more easy to pull off than mewtwo's (he needed new moves) she got back. imo, i think that this original 12 thing is an over spread excuse only supported by fans. if sakurai said that he wanted to keep them then link please and you proved me wrong otherwise that's all for now.

yummynbeefy

Smash Champion
im going to say gannondorf, captain falcon, ice climbers, mewtwo, all spacies, and EXPECIALLY peach
she doesnt even do anything sept get kidnapped shes useless in almost every mario game and she was tourney viable in melee and still to some extent in brawl

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
I personally think Lucario is a bit off. I think Aura was extremely overused in his moveset. He has other crap, you know. Just for reference, this was my "predicted" Lucario moveset before Brawl was released:

B: Aura Sphere
Same as current version

Side B: Close Combat
Lucario makes a dash forward, looking similar to his current Up B. If he comes into contact with an enemy, he punches them repeatedly, then does a backflip off of them.

Up B: Hi Jump Kick
Does a flying kick upward, and then does an axe kick, which causes Lucario to jump up a slight bit more. The axe kick is a spike, and the angle of the kick can be controlled.

Down B: Iron Tail
Lucario's tail glows silver, and he thwacks the opponent with it. Slow but powerful, and can reflect projectiles. If used in the air, Lucario spins around rapidly, which deals mulitple hits.

Final Smash: Focus Blast
Lucario jumps up, and charges a huge (And I mean **** huge, like almost as big as a Landmaster) reddish orb resembling an Aura Sphere at the ground below him. When you press B again, Lucario slams it down. You can toss the sphere in any direction you like by tilting the stick.

Lucario had far more potential beyond aura, and needed more martial arts/physical combat to be fully represented in my opinion.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
im going to say gannondorf, captain falcon, ice climbers, mewtwo, all spacies, and EXPECIALLY peach
she doesnt even do anything sept get kidnapped shes useless in almost every mario game and she was tourney viable in melee and still to some extent in brawl
You were good until you said Peach. I don't feel like explaining, but you have to look into more Mario games to see.

Vsin

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon

The guy never left his car. How the heck do you give him a moveset?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
lol you can't base it solely on power. samus was great in melee (although terrible in N64).

anyway, my vote goes to 9-volt. he's not represented at all!

/thread

Tenki

Smash Hero
Ike is supposed to be fast, strong, AND have a projectile with Ragnell.

lol, if you thought he was a noob magnet before, just think what'd happen if he was represented correctly now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Ike is supposed to be fast, strong, AND have a projectile with Ragnell.

lol, if you thought he was a noob magnet before, just think what'd happen if he was represented correctly now.
Let's not forget Aether can move HORIZONTALLY in the game, as well as heal and deal MASSIVE damage on the 2ND HIT after landing that never was implemented.

And Quick draw, based off his critical animation should GO THROUGH people.

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
Yeah I hear ya. I mean, they didn't do a terrible job, I just think they could have tried harder after three games and still not getting it right.
Flame throwers is plasma beam. Missiles are only useless in brawl, they are amazing in melee.

Also, captain falcon should just be driving in his car cuz thats how he is in his games... -_-' horrible point.

Ness is the only one who uses PK flash, but not thunder.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ness. I'm fairly certain you can't learn PK Thunder or PK Flash in Earthbound. Yet he has these moves anyway...?
I think that move was for Lucas, but he wasn't on Melee then they just gave it to Ness. I think that's how it went... I got nothing. D=

Keldoz

Smash Rookie
I think Mario is misrepresented. Since when can he fight hand-to-hand? Isn't he that fat plumber who jumps on things to kill them? That lovable semi-silly hero who we love since we're little?

Of course there's ganon....do I even need to say anything more?

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I think Mario is misrepresented. Since when can he fight hand-to-hand? Isn't he that fat plumber who jumps on things to kill them? That lovable semi-silly hero who we love since we're little?
If you ever played Super Mario 64, he can punch, kick, ground pound, and throw. All of his B move's came from his games as well.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
This thread is stupid. nobody was well represented, they always have to add some things and cut some things out. Although I'm sick of people who know NOTHING of about the games except what they heard from people about the 8-bit series (yummynbeefy, Keldoz, etc) and people who use the fact that some characters were low on the tier list (AndreVeloso). I would have to say the worst of them all include C. Falcon (the only one of the moves in smash that he did was Falcon Punch once in the anime) and Ganondorf (they just threw him in at the last minute, and since his body was shaped like Captain Falcon's they did that. still, it's pretty dumb). there's many more, but I already explained them, so I don't feel like explaining again.

RWB

Smash Ace
The first 2 sentences are true. However, wasn't aether also a long range move too like as in you could attack an enemy who was 1 space away from you like those units who wielded magic?
No. Unlike a multitude of skills, Aether has always been 1-ranged. One of the reasons for it being a rather lame mastery skill, unlike public belief.

Also, since when did he use any fire based moves? I thought that he was of the Earth/Ground affinity. I know that doesn't affect moves in FE, but still, Ike doesn't have the fire affinity so how can he do that?
The one time he actually seems to have any "special" element at all is when he attacks Ashera- his blade burning with blue fire.
Also, consider his first game- Fire emblem: Traces of the blue flame(straight translation).

That's an awful lot of fire, which I believe Eruption symbolizes fine. The fire should be blue though.

Ummm Ike

No contest.

In Fire Emblem Ike is faster than guys on dragons. When Ike does Aether in Fire Emblem he gains health with the both hits. Ike doesn't ever ever ever do eruption or great aether. Ike doesn't have his lord costume. And IKE DOESN'T FIGHT FOR HIS FRIENDS!!!
Wrong. FE10 Ike, who the Ike in this game is pretty much based on except for looks...

...may struggle with speed a bit, but hits like a train.

"You'll get no mercy from me." hm...

Also, I'm pretty sure he said: "Don't expect any sympathy. LOL.

"Besides, I would never abandon a friend in need." straight from the game and referring to him doing what? Fighting!

So his dialogue is pretty spot on.

Aether never gave health on both hits- only the first one- second one negated the defense stat.

Ike is pretty well represented, not super well, but still better than most.

The spacies are pretty bad too.
I wouldn't say that, actually.

Laser- The Arwing's laser.
Reflector- (Do a) Barrel roll reflects lasers.
Fire Fox- (Use the) Boost (to chase) emulation. :p
Illusion/whatever- can be likened to the loop, but that would be grasping at straws.

So basically, they fight like a "humanoid" Arwing. Since the Arwing has always been their central way of fighting... yeah.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I wouldn't say that, actually.

Laser- The Arwing's laser.
Reflector- (Do a) Barrel roll reflects lasers.
Fire Fox- (Use the) Boost (to chase) emulation. :p
Illusion/whatever- can be likened to the loop, but that would be grasping at straws.

So basically, they fight like a "humanoid" Arwing. Since the Arwing has always been their central way of fighting... yeah.
I find it funny how you quoted something I said on page 2.

but seriously, good insight, although the boost didn't involve fire, and illusion is not like the somersault much (you know, "try a somersault". not called the loop). Really though, it's trying to take a character that wasn't a fighting game and put him in one (the Star Fox for the gamecube wasn't out until after SSB64 came out (duh)).

BMunich16

Smash Apprentice
Worst in my oppinion is most definitely Meta Knight, I mean has anyone here played the kirby games?? Meta Knight had way different moves, his moves are very uncreative. Best in my oppinion (I don't care if this isn't what it is for) is Sonic, I mean the two game systems I have ever had are Wii and Sega, the music in Green Hill Zone, the sounds Sonic makes when he is jumping and stopping are totally dead on, I mean even the spring jump sounds exactly like it did.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
=/

But seriously why keep jiggly? Jigglypuff is probably the least wanted character in the game and has severe lack of interest even among pokemon people. A ton of other characters you cannot get rid of as they are single person representatives of nintendos 1st party games.

I can see dropping a lot of the previous choices at the time from melee such as mewtwo, pichu, doctor mario and roy. None of them really representated anything and really were just extras. But jiggs is really the only one that has to go in brawl in my opinion. Of course for reasons I do not quite get everyone wants roy back. (I admit I liked roy too).
She's never going...... -_-

all this "she was in ssb64 so she's not leaving" makes no sense to me. she only got in through popularity which is probally dead by now. not only that ness was not going to be in melee but only through luck he got back so back or not that ruin the 12 excuse. also in brawl despite being a vet she shows up REALLY late on the list so it looked like they didn't want her back but because of time constraints and how her moveset was more easy to pull off than mewtwo's (he needed new moves) she got back. imo, i think that this original 12 thing is an over spread excuse only supported by fans. if sakurai said that he wanted to keep them then link please and you proved me wrong otherwise that's all for now.
Lol shows what you know. She's is ( AND STILL IS ) one of the most popular Pokemon in Japan, maybe even beating Pikachu. And do you have respect for the orignal SSB? Cuz it seems like you don't... Ness & Jigglypuff have been there since the beginning, why get rid of them now anyway? And ALSO! Did you forget that Jigglypuff ( and Ness ) got confirmed BEFORE they revealed them on SmashDojo? Remeber the sticker leak? :ohwell:

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I think the PK boys are both badly represented... though Lucas is seeing a rise because people are finding out his potential.

Ness though, I think he's great and could see a lot more players

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This thread is stupid. nobody was well represented, they always have to add some things and cut some things out. Although I'm sick of people who know NOTHING of about the games except what they heard from people about the 8-bit series (yummynbeefy, Keldoz, etc) and people who use the fact that some characters were low on the tier list (AndreVeloso). I would have to say the worst of them all include C. Falcon (the only one of the moves in smash that he did was Falcon Punch once in the anime) and Ganondorf (they just threw him in at the last minute, and since his body was shaped like Captain Falcon's they did that. still, it's pretty dumb). there's many more, but I already explained them, so I don't feel like explaining again.
I agree with everything but Captain Falcon. The anime Falcon Punch came from Smash Bros., not the other way around. In addition, he was always a bounty hunter, however, the moves were made up.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
Ness. I'm fairly certain you can't learn PK Thunder or PK Flash in Earthbound. Yet he has these moves anyway...?
Ness can learn PK Flash and PSI Magnet... But he dosen't know PK Fire, PK Thunder, & PK StarStorm. SSBM says that Paula taught him PK Fire and PK Thunder, because only she can learn them. While they said Poo taught him PK StarStorm.

Snake is best fitted to his games.
Agreed :bee:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Ganondorf I understand, but Bowser? You have to explain that to me.

Top Bottom