• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WUSSIFICATION of America!

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Considering that this is a video game forum, I'm going to guess that most of us here would fall under the "wuss" category, whether we like it or not.

Except for Jam, who is married.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Does "wuss" mean "desperate" or what?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
*grins* Almost everything you wrote sounds exactly what is said in David DeAngelo's newsletters and seminars and you even used the term "wussy" like he does. I'd love to put my input on the subject, but, right now, I really need to get to bed... Expect another post from me sometime tomorrow evening.

@ Spadefox:

Wuss refers to men who let their feminine side overtake their masculine traits. If you try to win over girls with love poems, you're a wuss. If you think talking about your feelings is going to win her over, again, you're a wuss. Granted, it's not bad to have feminine traits but if you want girls to be attracted to you, you don't overwelhmingly act like them or the best you'll accomplish is being thrown in the "friend" box. Also, just for fun, here's a funny website on dating in general:

http://www.laddertheory.com/

Warning: Your sense of reality may be turned upside down after going through this site.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Question Yuoko, When I call myself a douche or am like"Haha, yes I'm a douche" and she says "no your not! :p your a nice, sweet guy" Is that bad stuff? and I actually do think I'm a douche, but I'd rather have Teh Pussah than be nice all my life.
I think it's tricky - the term "jerk" is often thrown around by wussies as something they don't want to be because it has a bad social stigma attached to it. "I don't want to hurt women and jerks hurt women, why is she with that jerk," etc. Moreover, it makes it extra confusing for them because they wonder why more women are attracted to "jerks," as opposed to their wussy, "nice guy" self.

When it comes to "douche," though, I think that word has taken on a connotation in today's society that is inescapably bad. In my opinion, you probably shouldn't use that word to describe yourself, because your girlfriend trying to defend you like that actually doesn't really help your situation.

See, when you bring yourself down like that, you are demonstrating that you have lower value. While men are naturally attracted to looks, women are naturally attracted to higher-class men, and labeling yourself with such a negatively-charged word makes you look not as attractive. Plus, depending on how you said it, it almost makes it look as if you're searching for HER APPROVAL to make you feel better about yourself. So...yeah, you should probably stop the self-labeling.

"Be yourself."
To the "Be yourself" thing, yeah, that's real. The only alternative is to lie, and the only people who can pull off that kind of deception for years are either compulsive liars or working for the CIA. How do you expect to hide yourself from someone in the long run? The truth is going to come out sooner or later.
Matt pretty much summed up what I wanted to say about this. "Be yourself" is a CRUTCH. Why would you want to be a version of yourself that is a wussy? The solution is NOT to lie - that just gives men a bad name as a whole. However, if you improve yourself as much as you can, not only will you have a better self-image about yourself, but women will see that in you.

No. Not a single girl likes a wussie. No one likes a wussie. Nobody wants to date someone who can't think for themselves, ever make decisions, or fall over themselves just to please you. These people usually have esteem issues and emotional baggage that people just don't want to deal with. Healthy relationships don't have one half pulling all the weight. The only time people go after these types is if they themselves have problems and are controlling.
Please re-read the sole female perspective contributed so far.

Do it again.

Thank you, Livvers.

THE GAME

@Livvers: Pants? Daaaaayamn, yous biotches wear dem jeans so tight dey liek a second pair-a skinnnn, shiiiiiiiiiiiiit.
<3 Matt.

Seriously though, people should check out "The Game" by Neil Strauss. At the VERY least, it will start to shift your paradigm on male/female dynamics.

*grins* Almost everything you wrote sounds exactly what is said in David DeAngelo's newsletters and seminars and you even used the term "wussy" like he does. I'd love to put my input on the subject, but, right now, I really need to get to bed... Expect another post from me sometime tomorrow evening.
DD is the man, no question. You already get MAJOR props from me for knowing who he is - he's been an vital part of gathering knowledge on this subject for me.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
Man, I hate ladder theory. It just gives men an excuse to suck, and when they fail they point to that stupid ladder thing and say, "But look, there's pseudo-science behind it!"

It's common ****ing sense. If you approach a woman as a potential friend, she will vote you up or down as a friend. If you approach her as a potential mate, she will vote you up or down as a mate.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
I think all men/women at least consider you as a potential mate when meeting you.
It's just how "*****-ish" people are nowadays. But I'm just being bitter and giving it a bad name I guess. =P

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Being yourself = improving yourself. If you aren't constantly striving for self improvement, then you aren't being true to yourself to begin with.

If you think that "Being yourself" means not trying and making up excuses for yourself, then yeah, that's a dumb idea and you are a whiny 'tard... but that's not what "being yourself" means to me.

I suppose it's all in how you interpret the phrase, and personally I don't interpret "being yourself" as "being a wuss"... but then again, I'm not a wuss so I guess it's easier to be myself? lmfao I dunno.

Getting girls is seriously the easiest thing in the world to do if you want to do it. It doesn't matter if you're fat or skinny or muscly or whatever-- Just clean up and don't look or smell like a **** caveman and you made your first step.

After that, just be sure to say things that are witty yet alluring, and be sure to agree when you agree, but don't try to avoid disagreeing... openly disagree when you disagree, but explain why... this is called CONVERSATION... make a joke out of things if it gets awkward and you're golden.

No one likes the type of moron who just agrees with what they say so they will "be liked"... it's not just girls that don't like it, no one likes it. Sheep are a waste of life and a waste of time for anyone, so if you are being a sheep, ****ing stop, because it's lame and annoying.

And yeah, pick-up lines are ****ing stupid. Anyone who actually thinks that a pre-manufactured pickup line is a good thing is a total dolt. "Hey baby, did it hurt when you fell from heaven? hur hur hur hur" <<<< You are a moron. Seriously think about that for a second... why the **** would you say that?

I dunno, we're all wusses for a time at some point in our lives, but we figure things out along the way. I mean, if I met myself back in highschool I'd be like "dude, you are ****ing stupid, you could get this girl and this girl and this girl..." and so on. ...but that was then, haha.

We all have to grow up and learn confidence as we get older. Some get it sooner, some get it later. That's just how it is.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
Considering that this is a video game forum, I'm going to guess that most of us here would fall under the "wuss" category, whether we like it or not.

Except for Jam, who is married.
Yea, not gonna lie, i agree to this.

anyways:

how can you not be yourself if you are trying to get together with someone you like? If you lie, eventually, they will find out and wont want to talk to you. I mean, if you have a couple issues that you dont like about yourself, then get the guts to change them and then youll feel much better.

Confidence is also a key factor, just as Yaaay said. Without it, you wont be able to ask the person you like out and eventually, itll be too late and youll hate yourself for not doing it. You just gotta decide to one day to grow a pair and finally ask them out. youll feel so much better once you do this, trust me.

Do all women really not like wussies? or is it just that the media portrays them as only being attracted to ripped tan guys? Media is a huge influence both genders when trying to "get" or impress someone.

And if anyone uses those generic pick-up lines, it just shows that they sound desperate and that they cant think for themselves.

Last thing i gotta say, you dont need to be a jerk to ask someone out. why would you want to portray yourself as a jerk? It usually means that you have something to hide. The reason that women date jerks is that they feel like they found their special someone in their life and dont want to be alone anymore. Same thing goes for guys. Im sure everyone is afraid of not having someone special to spend their life with. Thats why you see some of those abusive relationships. The person whos being abused doesnt want to leave cause then they will be alone again.

conclusion, yes, just be yourself, works on problems you have to be a better self, and get some of that confidence, its pretty useful.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
In any case, I'd like to read about more stories. It's interesting... Could help me get out of this seriously-way-too-long-lasting-love-for-my-best-friend-that-likes-guys-like-me-but-won't-date-me business.
http://www.theonion.com/content/opinion/but_if_we_started_dating_it

Also I feel bad for people that have trouble with girls when its all absurdly simply if you only show a little bit of confidence.

Edit: To the people that are saying, we're all wusses because we're on a video game forum. And the people who complain about jerks and arrogant guys, and the people who say that just because women or men size you up based on attractiveness are *****y!: Thank you so much for making it that much easier to pick up girls by effectively taking yourself out of the race before it starts.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I'll say it again, it's all circumstantial. A grown woman does not look for the same things that a teenage girl does.

To generalize approaches when it comes to this is naive.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484

Also I feel bad for people that have trouble with girls when its all absurdly simply if you only show a little bit of confidence.

Edit: To the people that are saying, we're all wusses because we're on a video game forum. And the people who complain about jerks and arrogant guys, and the people who say that just because women or men size you up based on attractiveness are *****y!: Thank you so much for making it that much easier to pick up girls by effectively taking yourself out of the race before it starts.
We're not all super hot like you Kevin! :mad:

Smash Apprentice
I'll say it again, it's all circumstantial. A grown woman does not look for the same things that a teenage girl does.

To generalize approaches when it comes to this is naive.
I disagree. Confidence is something that is coveted in both genders at all ages. That is, it is universal, rather than circumstantial.

Speak for yourself. :p

kr3wman

Smash Master
So what I get is that...

Nice guys don't get girlfriends because it's the jerks that have the balls?

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
My bf is built like Ganondorf, as I have said on several occasions.

Take THAT for what you will.

btw, I couldn't agree more with the OP. Man up or else you will DIE...a virgin.

This thread is actualy making me cry with laughter.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So what I get is that...

Nice guys don't get girlfriends because it's the jerks that have the balls?
Technically yes. :psycho: As others have said, it's all about confidence with a slight hint of indifference even if it ends up coming across as somewhat arrogant or cold. There's nothing wrong with being nice but there comes a point where it comes across as "Oh GoD, pLeEZ lIeK mE!1!1!1!" rather then "I like you."

Here's a cosmic truth when it comes to most people in dating: men are stupid and women are insane. Men will do stupid things whether they are in or trying to get into a relationship and not even know it. Women will do stupid things whether they are in or trying to get into a relationship, be fully aware of it, but go ahead and do it anyways. I personally believe this is why women have a much higher tolerance of crappy relationships than men do. The guy can be a complete prick and belittle her in front of other people but she'll stay with him because he's authoratative and doesn't let anybody put him down.

Being nice isn't bad at all but there's definately a right and wrong way to go about it.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
The main problem is that people are always trying to use flesh as a means of getting what they want. But the most important element of a human being is the spirit. Flesh is just the drawing board.

You guys have the most generic replies to date-related threads. Time to talk spiritual connections.

Where is Proverbs? He'll fix this.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Well people can't control their hormones

And by people, I mean everyone but me because I'm special. >_>
No, jk. But I really haven't met many people who wouldn't just throw themselves at a naked person.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman

**** crap, this blog is quite ****ty. I mean, I guess I'm as pathetic as her bestfriend. :urg:
I'm one of those wusses too, gotta man-up. I don't really know what's real confidence
though. People who don't know me really well (like everybody who call me their 'close friend') often tell me how they envy my confidence and easy-going attitude (which is really fake).

When I first met her, I was freaking ugly and stuffs. Now, personally, I only dislike my pimples and my nose. I don't like this kinda nose. And I've been trying to improve myself over the years (hence why I went overboard and became 'mr.social' for almost a year)

The main problem is that people are always trying to use flesh as a means of getting what they want. But the most important element of a human being is the spirit. Flesh is just the drawing board.

You guys have the most generic replies to date-related threads. Time to talk spiritual connections.

You're right, not everything's physical...

Well people can't control their hormones

And by people, I mean everyone but me because I'm special. >_>
No, jk. But I really haven't met many people who wouldn't just throw themselves at a naked person.

Give me a beer or two just to feel tipsy and I'll do it. Otherwise, I don't have the guts to. :laugh:

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
"Be yourself" is a CRUTCH.
Being yourself = improving yourself. If you aren't constantly striving for self improvement, then you aren't being true to yourself to begin with.
The direct above is essentially what I meant. You can be a better version of yourself, but you can't be someone else.

To the people that are saying, we're all wusses because we're on a video game forum. And the people who complain about jerks and arrogant guys, and the people who say that just because women or men size you up based on attractiveness are *****y!: Thank you so much for making it that much easier to pick up girls by effectively taking yourself out of the race before it starts.
Good luck. Have fun with that. I'm semi-retired anyway. We're talking casual dating, serious relationships, f*ck buddies, or one-night-stands? Been there, done that for all of the above. Still nice, but not the most important thing in life for me right now. Sometimes I get more attention now that I've stopped trying to play the field so much. No, I don't know why that is. Can't deny that relationships are an important part of maturity though. Most of you are still looking to cross that threshold. I've got no advice except live 'n learn. Though, try to avoid long term commitments like marriage or starting a family until you're financially secure. Even so, it's gonna be a bloodbath for most of ya, anyway. Enjoy.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
I've just finished reading about the Ladder Theory and must say... It was fascinating. I DO understand what happened and WHY am I in such ****. But it's no excuse, it happened because 'nice guys' (or wussies) like me weren't real men.

I understand your theory and statements in a much bigger scale now. This is interesting. I'm gonna stop spamming and wait for many pages to come out.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Considering that you're stereotyping, that's a rather stupid thing to say.

First person to say "ALL STEREOTYPES ARE BASED ON TRUTH" gets shot.

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878

If religion is brought up, I'll bring RDK over and we'll start thinking of ways to indirectly challenge theistic views while not breaking the rules, but inevitably contributing towards getting the thread closed:-p.

0000, I don't think you understood me.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Edit: Cherry are you serious when you say "What girls do you know who wear pants?" because that is god **** ridiculous.

LOL not really no. They will wear skrits or shorts if it's hot out and pants if it's cold out, Same as men. sorry i offended.

thanks for not throwin' out the infraction :D

EDIT:
I think it's tricky - the term "jerk" is often thrown around by wussies as something they don't want to be because it has a bad social stigma attached to it. "I don't want to hurt women and jerks hurt women, why is she with that jerk," etc. Moreover, it makes it extra confusing for them because they wonder why more women are attracted to "jerks," as opposed to their wussy, "nice guy" self.

When it comes to "douche," though, I think that word has taken on a connotation in today's society that is inescapably bad. In my opinion, you probably shouldn't use that word to describe yourself, because your girlfriend trying to defend you like that actually doesn't really help your situation.

See, when you bring yourself down like that, you are demonstrating that you have lower value. While men are naturally attracted to looks, women are naturally attracted to higher-class men, and labeling yourself with such a negatively-charged word makes you look not as attractive. Plus, depending on how you said it, it almost makes it look as if you're searching for HER APPROVAL to make you feel better about yourself. So...yeah, you should probably stop the self-labeling.
Hmm, Lol guess so :p i don't really seek her approval though, I am well groomed, I will sometimes actually keep some stupid little facial hair left on, and have it look neat and nice and make my hair all pretty, Or I'll go rugged as can be, which makes my gf laugh but so into me i almost have to hit her with a stick if i am not into it.

whatever I do, it works :s anyways, I ain't married but I've been dating my gf for almost 2 years now, a few iffy spots but what relationship doesn't have iffy spots lol.

Eh I guess I should stop self-labeling, I guess it could help and there is some decent tips here guys, but the one that most stands out is, let it be known first what your after, whether your blunt enough to say that, or just insinuate that you'd like to take her home, this will put you and her on the same level, no matter what the level is, it's the same level thus your in a good spot.

UNLESS she finds you non attractive, but if she doesn't find you attractive all you can hope to achieve anyway is friends, and if she is friends, it's because she's nice, or wants to bang your friend. Sad but true.

EDIT:
To the people that are saying, we're all wusses because we're on a video game forum. And the people who complain about jerks and arrogant guys, and the people who say that just because women or men size you up based on attractiveness are *****y!: Thank you so much for making it that much easier to pick up girls by effectively taking yourself out of the race before it starts.
Lol I love you for that post too. Jam has competetion.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Yeah, I always had to chat a giant load of **** and act completely different around girls when on the chase.
It was quite lame, and actually quite easy, because most girls are incredibly stupid and easy to manipulate over here. If I have done it to American girls when on holiday, I'll let them call accent johns.
They're not difficult, they just require a different approach.
Still, guys are even more stupid, but then again, it's not like guys were ever known to be difficult to get with.

Just show the best sides of yourselves that girls like, so in effect, you are being yourself but not your whole self.
Man up and love yourself, if you love yourself then you'll realise you're the bee's knees, and thus you can go in with the full confidence required to tackle this not so difficult challenge.

Note: Still, I stopped chasing girls a long time ago, and tbh, they all now seem to dislike me at first, but then appreciate my honesty after every guy they've known has been phony and a dickiebird.
Sorry girls, it's partly your fault too. ;)

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Yeah, I always had to chat a giant load of **** and act completely different around girls when on the chase.
It was quite lame, and actually quite easy, because most girls are incredibly stupid and easy to manipulate over here. If I have done it to American girls when on holiday, I'll let them call accent johns.
They're not difficult, they just require a different approach.
Still, guys are even more stupid, but then again, it's not like guys were ever known to be difficult to get with.

Just show the best sides of yourselves that girls like, so in effect, you are being yourself but not your whole self.
Man up and love yourself, if you love yourself then you'll realise you're the bee's knees, and thus you can go in with the full confidence required to tackle this not so difficult challenge.

Note: Still, I stopped chasing girls a long time ago, and tbh, they all now seem to dislike me at first, but then appreciate my honesty after every guy they've known has been phony and a dickiebird.
Sorry girls, it's partly your fault too. ;)
This post is totally the dog's bullocks.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The dog's Buollocks means something is awesome.
Sorry, be careful with that word in future.
In England, ******** = bull****.

Dog's ******** = epic massive ****ing fail bull****.

Top Bottom