• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WUSSIFICATION of America!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I kind of mentioned that earlier because, from what I've seen at least, Bi men usually go after guys with feminine personality traits.
Oh really?
That's most intriguing. Please, tell me more.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey shove it ***got.
Where do you prefer it?

No you're totally right, gay people are a ****ing disgrace for the most part.
No wonder everyone hates them.
They tried to destroy marriage.

I kind of mentioned that earlier because, from what I've seen at least, Bi men usually go after guys with feminine personality traits.
Yeah, I see that too. Some gay guys complain about there being too many femmes in the gay community, and there's usually always a demand for the masculine-could-pass-for-straight type.

So, I guess it works out.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Yeah, I was going to say, you guys are treading on dangerous ground.

As a moderator, I'm going to ask that you guys get back on topic, that being male/female relationships and attraction.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Oh, and I'm not nice to manipulate women, it's just my character.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh fine. One last word on pick up lines.

A female coworker said that the worst pick up line she ever got at a bar/club came from some creepy thirty-something year old dude:

"So, what high school do you go to?"

Though, I guess since most of you are in high school, you wouldn't find that creepy. But, trust me, post-high school, it's creepy.

The second worst pick up line she ever got was:

"If I were to use a really bad pick up line right now, what is the worst thing you could come up with to send me away?"

If you are female though, you are allowed to use pick up lines on a guy. The best one would probably be some variation of:

"Hi."

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Oh fine. One last word on pick up lines.

A female coworker said that the worst pick up line she ever got at a bar/club came from some creepy thirty-something year old dude:

"So, what high school do you go to?"

Though, I guess since most of you are in high school, you wouldn't find that creepy. But, trust me, post-high school, it's creepy.

The second worst pick up line she ever got was:

"If I were to use a really bad pick up line right now, what is the worst thing you could come up with to send me away?"

If you are female though, you are allowed to use pick up lines on a guy. The best one would probably be some variation of:

"Hi."

Buddah, I love you-nohomo.

When it comes to getting men, women have it easy. As nino said though all they have to do is Say hi and then we get to A) ruin it or B) enjoy the fun little ride.

sadly though when a womans ays hi, it's mainy because she looks like Skeletor.
I have talked to girls about it and they say that they are too good looking to have to actually start a conversation with a guy, Which is true. Thus if a girl starts a conversation at a bar and sounds kind of drunk, Watch out.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

"Wanna f***?"
Fix'd for you there.
It really is that simple if you're adequately good looking.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Why work when you don't have to ;)
It's stuff like this that makes me glad I'm gay.
Then girls feel offended at my lack of interest in them because all my immediate company thinks I'm straight. So, I make them feel inadequate. Thoroughly deserved too.

Livvers

Used to have a porpoise
BRoomer
Lol. Good luck on a guy making me feel inaduquate or offending me because they're not interested in me.

If a girl gets offended because a guy doesn't go after them, it is deserved(and funny enough they may be falling into a trap). I hate women who can dish but not take.

Oh and also, gay guys do this too. They're not exempt.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Oh and also, gay guys do this too. They're not exempt.
Did I say they didn't?
In fact, I never chase guys, they can come to me.
My arrogance with men makes up for me being second best to my best friend with girls.

Rock rock rock the boat.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I'm glad you've caught on to this, but it's actually been mentioned a couple of times in this thread that DD's theories are the foundation of my learning process in this field.

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
So I read the OP and the last two pages of stuff (prolly should read more, since those pages were 70% about bi-men preference lol).

But the OP is dead on.
Has this thread mentioned anything about how the media has something to do with why men are so wussy these days?

Me, personally, I was there, a wussyman, a nice guy. I look back how much of a wuss I was, and I laugh. Honestly, I'm still not completely gone of my wussy ways, but I am WAY better than I was even one year ago. Yup. Like, I'm still a "nice guy" per se, but I know when I need to say to myself "No More Mr. Nice Guy" and do what I have to do.... most of the time....

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
I still don't get what's so bad about being a nice guy. Doesn't being a nice guy increase your chances of being viewed favorably after all?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I still don't get what's so bad about being a nice guy. Doesn't being a nice guy increase your chances of being viewed favorably after all?
Its ok to be a nice guy to an extent, but you have to be able to go after whatever/whoever you want without remorse. Like, take the typical nice guy and the typical jerk trying to go for a girl. Typical nice guy is trying to be nice, establishing an emotional connection without any attempt at making a physical connection or showing any signs of sexual interest, because he's being nice. Typical jerk is being a typical jerk, making sexy comments about the female, teasing her, and making the physical and sexual connection without really caring about an emotional connection.

Who's most likely to be friends with this girl? The nice guy.
Who's most likely to have sex with this girl? The typical jerk.

Yes, you will be "liked" by the girl if you are a nice guy, but you will only be friends. And nothing more. The girl might not "like" the jerk, but she will be so turned on by said jerk because of the way he was pressing those buttons and giving the girl a challenge.

Does this mean that you should be a jerk to women? lolno.
But what it does mean is that if you are trying to get with a girl, you can't be the complete nice guy that you are. You have to be able to give the girl a challenge, show some slightly deeper form of interest, and establish more than the emotional connection that you think will get her to fall in love with you on its own.

It sounds complicated, and it kinda is. But it kinda isn't.

thanortinzak

Smash Apprentice
Its ok to be a nice guy to an extent, but you have to be able to go after whatever/whoever you want without remorse. Like, take the typical nice guy and the typical jerk trying to go for a girl. Typical nice guy is trying to be nice, establishing an emotional connection without any attempt at making a physical connection or showing any signs of sexual interest, because he's being nice. Typical jerk is being a typical jerk, making sexy comments about the female, teasing her, and making the physical and sexual connection without really caring about an emotional connection.

Yes, you will be "liked" by the girl if you are a nice guy, but you will only be friends. And nothing more. The girl might not "like" the jerk, but she will be so turned on by said jerk because of the way he was pressing those buttons and giving the girl a challenge.

But what it does mean is that if you are trying to get with a girl, you can't be the complete nice guy that you are. You have to be able to give the girl a challenge, show some slightly deeper form of interest, and establish more than the emotional connection that you think will get her to fall in love with you on its own.

I see. So basically, you're saying don't be a jerk, but don't be a complete nice guy either, right?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I see. So basically, you're saying don't be a jerk, but don't be a complete nice guy either, right?
If you can find that balance, you'll be much better off. There are other little nuances such as reading body language and the like, that of which will eventually be learned with experience, but not being a complete nice guy is definitely a great boost. :)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
It's not really about being a jerk as it is:

1. Showing a decent amount of confidence.
2. Being secure in your masculinity.
3. Realizing that she's human just like you and that the world won't explode if you tease her or don't agree with everything she says.
4. Being in control of your libido instead of it being in control of you.

Let's think of one of the most famous wusses of all time, Romeo from Romeo and Juliet. First, he pined after Rosaline who didn't even know he was alive and then he when after Juliet, fell head over heels in love with in the course of a night, and then proceded for her to control the relationship until they both wound up dead. If you ask me, the story would have ended much differently if Romeo had paid attention to all the points I mentioned.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Let's think of one of the most famous wusses of all time, Romeo from Romeo and Juliet. First, he pined after Rosaline who didn't even know he was alive and then he when after Juliet, fell head over heels in love with in the course of a night, and then proceded for her to control the relationship until they both wound up dead. If you ask me, the story would have ended much differently if Romeo had paid attention to all the points I mentioned.
I think the problem is that Romeo was an idiot and took the relationship too seriously, like high school relationship angst today, but he took it as far as killing himself...I don't think it had anything to do with any sort of control or masculinity.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I think the problem is that Romeo was an idiot and took the relationship too seriously, like high school relationship angst today, but he took it as far as killing himself...I don't think it had anything to do with any sort of control or masculinity.
He pretty much convinced himself that he couldn't live without her and that's why he killed himself. With that mindset, her life >>> his life. Also, Juliet kind of did control the relationship and he kind of just went along with things. For example, feel free to correct me since it's been awhile since I last read it, didn't Romeo basically try to banish himself from England for killing Mercutio (Tibult was his cousin, right)? Basically, he really didn't try to stand up for himself or get any real help so he ran away and then came back later to find Juliet, concluded without even poking her with a stick that she was dead (or checking her pulse which always made me laugh, even now) and then killed himself.

I think taking a relationship too seriously is a matter of control in a sense that he pretty much let his self control go out the window like how Juliet kept saying (at least at first), "uh, dude, you know that us being together will pretty endanger both of our lives, right?" "I dun care! U R da awusom! LOLOLOLOL" Because overwelhming stupidity can be contagious, she pretty much went along with it as he kept going on. If you asked me, she was charmed by his stupidity more than anything else. Guh, I'm suddenly reminded why I still think the play is grossly overrated... Give me a MidSummer Night's Dream any day.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

well, this should be quoted into the OP. this basically summed everything up and made it easier to read.

IMO anywayss

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
He pretty much convinced himself that he couldn't live without her and that's why he killed himself. With that mindset, her life >>> his life. Also, Juliet kind of did control the relationship and he kind of just went along with things. For example, feel free to correct me since it's been awhile since I last read it, didn't Romeo basically try to banish himself from England for killing Mercutio (Tibult was his cousin, right)? Basically, he really didn't try to stand up for himself or get any real help so he ran away and then came back later to find Juliet, concluded without even poking her with a stick that she was dead (or checking her pulse which always made me laugh, even now) and then killed himself.
He didn't try to, but he didn't really stand up for himself, yeah...he just stayed with her on their wedding night and then ran away to where he was banished to, and then Juliet came up with a plan to not marry Paris, but Romeo never got the message telling him a plan, and when he arrived, he just decided to kill himself 'cause she was in her family...tomb...place and looked dead. But no, he didn't check.

I think taking a relationship too seriously is a matter of control in a sense that he pretty much let his self control go out the window like how Juliet kept saying (at least at first), "uh, dude, you know that us being together will pretty endanger both of our lives, right?" "I dun care! U R da awusom! LOLOLOLOL" Because overwelhming stupidity can be contagious, she pretty much went along with it as he kept going on. If you asked me, she was charmed by his stupidity more than anything else. Guh, I'm suddenly reminded why I still think the play is grossly overrated... Give me a MidSummer Night's Dream any day.
Mm, I can kind of see your point...but I still think the moral of this play is "Don't be so ****ing stupid, killing yourself over a girl you've known all of five days is absolutely moronic and you actually deserve to be brought back to life and killed again for doing so."

I agree, the play is overrated. >.>

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
An honest mistake.

TOM IS AN EXCEPTION

THE LADIES SWOON WHEN HE MEOWS

cman

Smash Ace
What are you talking about? Romeo was an anti-wuss
VV This is what he says when he first meets juliet VV
ROMEO

[To JULIET] If I profane with my unworthiest hand
This holy shrine, the gentle fine is this:
My lips, two blushing pilgrims, ready stand
To smooth that rough touch with a tender kiss.

JULIET

Good pilgrim, you do wrong your hand too much,
Which mannerly devotion shows in this;
For saints have hands that pilgrims' hands do touch,
And palm to palm is holy palmers' kiss.

Top Bottom