• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The WUSSIFICATION of America!

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
I don't have this problem because girls are not attracted to me?
Want do they want me to do? Be a jerk? Nah, I don't need to...
If confidence is is, I should have all the girls. But I don't...
They just aren't attracted to me, and if any are, HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO KNOW,
they are always the girls too shy to say anything or show any emotion.

But, in my age, guys are still idiots who use pick up lines.
So I guess i can't be a total wussy.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988

Mindgames, for real.

All the flashiest waveshine combos won't help you conquer this foe.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Lol Teran.

I have never liked a girl long enough to ask one out,
because every girl I like I figure out before I have time to
ask out-are jerks. I will have to wait...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Date? F*** that playa you're too young for that.
Get in, tap dat, leave.
Break her heart, she probably deserves it.
Oh, so do you btw.
As do I.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Wow, dude.

I almost don't know what to say here. It's as if you're completely DENYING that need help in this area. Not only that, you're misunderstanding what women are actually attracted to. I'm getting the feeling that you're interchanging "jerk" with "*******," which only severely damaged women are interested in. Wussies generally use "jerk" to contrast someone else's personality traits because they're so different from their own "nice guy" routine.

Confidence is not the only thing, although it certainly does help. Most men do things that are just simply not attractive which they even aren't aware of, believe it or not. Being clingy, having weak body language, displaying nervous ticks, giving away your power...in other words, you've got to MAN UP and fix insecurities in your life.

Believe it or not, there ARE ways of telling if a woman is attracted to you, albeit it may be subtle. Most people who are knowledgeable in this field call them "indicators of interest." I also think it's unfair to label women you meet as individuals who don't "show any emotion," seeing as how women are more often than not DRIVEN by their EMOTIONS. Is it possible that they are just uncomfortable around you because you're uncomfortable with yourself?

A rule of purging the wuss: STOP MAKING EXCUSES! For yourself, for things that happen in life, for ANYTHING. Just from reading your post and all the things I bolded, I get the feeling that you AREN'T in fact confident with yourself - you seem stuck in the belief that it's the girl's fault that she isn't attracted to you. Here's the dirty little secret,
IT'S ALWAYS THE GUY'S FAULT when it comes to attraction
! It's this belief that keeps motivating us to improve ourselves.

I hope you don't feel too attacked, man. I'm really trying to help you out.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
Wow, dude.

I almost don't know what to say here. It's as if you're completely DENYING that need help in this area. Not only that, you're misunderstanding what women are actually attracted to. I'm getting the feeling that you're interchanging "jerk" with "*******," which only severely damaged women are interested in. Wussies generally use "jerk" to contrast someone else's personality traits because they're so different from their own "nice guy" routine.

I am not a wussy OR a jerk, I am completely different from everyone I know :/

Confidence is not the only thing, although it certainly does help. Most men do things that are just simply not attractive which they even aren't aware of, believe it or not. Being clingy, having weak body language, displaying nervous ticks, giving away your power...in other words, you've got to MAN UP and fix insecurities in your life.

If you mean to change my whole personality, then it is not worth it. Someone who truly loves you wouldn't change you for the world :]. Lol, no, I see what you mean...

Believe it or not, there ARE ways of telling if a woman is attracted to you, albeit it may be subtle. Most people who are knowledgeable in this field call them "indicators of interest." I also think it's unfair to label women you meet as individuals who don't "show any emotion," seeing as how women are more often than not DRIVEN by their EMOTIONS. Is it possible that they are just uncomfortable around you because you're uncomfortable with yourself?

You should see the girls at my school. But you are probably right anyway.

A rule of purging the wuss: STOP MAKING EXCUSES! For yourself, for things that happen in life, for ANYTHING. Just from reading your post and all the things I bolded, I get it'S ALWAYS THE GUY'S FAULT when it comes to attraction[/SPOILER]! It's this belief he feeling that you AREN'T in fact confident with yourself - you seem stuck in the belief that it's the girl's fault that she isn't attracted to you. Here's the dirty little secret,
that keeps motivating us to improve ourselves.

I am not talking about 1 girl, I am talking about girls in general, I am in the belief I am not attracted to any girls I know, because the ones I would like don't talk to me. That is all.

I hope you don't feel too attacked, man. I'm really trying to help you out.
Of course not :p I am glad I can get a good response :)

Zero Beat

Cognitive Scientist
NNID
BLUE
3DS FC
4141-3279-8878
I did:

You're an atheist.
I wasn't referring to you, Heartz:), it was towards 0000, an actual member.

Teran said:
Just show the best sides of yourselves that girls like, so in effect, you are being yourself but not your whole self.
I've been doing this ever since I moved into the dating game years ago, and it's worked wonderfully.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Youko, you're so awesome! (That sounded so fanboy-ish...)

I should punch you in the face for not only using a word I cherish and love, but using it towards Teran.

ALSO FOR THINKING IT'S GOOD
Thumbs up! :laugh:

Used to say that too. Then again, as Youko said, it's all denial. After realizing I was in denial, I figured out that 8 girls were after me. Unluckily, none of them would be 'of my mental age'. 15~16 talking and thinking like 12-years-old-girls ain't my style.

EDIT: No wait, I'm mistaken. One of them was really my type and I almost dated her. She went for another guy when she figured out she could get better. I had boosted her confidence, little pr*ck.

Get in, tap dat, leave.
Oh, so do you btw.
As do I.
Hahaha!

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
I am in the belief I am not attracted to any girls I know, because the ones I would like don't talk to me.
The famous Disney song is called "Kiss the Girl," not "(Wait for the Girl to Acknowledge You Before You) Kiss the Girl."

Point is, if you're going to wait for a girl to talk to you before you make your move and talk to them first, you're going to be in a losing battle EVERY TIME.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
Get in, tap dat, leave.
Oh, so do you btw.
As do I.
Lol. That, was why I was a playa yo. some chicks deserved to have their hearts torn out :p
I dun do that any more because I let a girl get to close to me, now until she leaves I am going to be a nice boy.

Youko seems to be hurting from the break up a bit and thus exposing his edgy manly side on SWF's lol. Just what I think because I, for one, do it too.

don't get defensive please just debunk ti nicely if you can :p

I like this blog however lol, it'll actually help people out on this site.

LOL we shud post convo's of being real men, so they learn.

OutlawStar

Smash Apprentice
The famous Disney song is called "Kiss the Girl," not "(Wait for the Girl to Acknowledge You Before You) Kiss the Girl."

Point is, if you're going to wait for a girl to talk to you before you make your move and talk to them first, you're going to be in a losing battle EVERY TIME.
They don't talk to me because they don't like me. And I don't think any girls like me at all :/
They actually hate me. I guess I will have to wait(As in wait to find the girl) is what I meant :p

St. Viers

Smash Champion
What I like is simply the part of American mindset that if you're not a man out there being a stupid idiot, you're often considered a wuss. It's actually kinda hilarious--being a quiet, humble dude with good manners and actually caring about girls more than simply getting in their pants is *so* underrated.

I'm using that to my advantage right now*, I guess XD

*In that it's the way I am, and I seem to be attracting away the female friends of the people I hang out with >_>

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
What I like is simply the part of American mindset that if you're not a man out there being a stupid idiot, you're often considered a wuss. It's actually kinda hilarious--being a quiet, humble dude with good manners and actually caring about girls more than simply getting in their pants is *so* underrated.

I'm using that to my advantage right now*, I guess XD

*In that it's the way I am, and I seem to be attracting away the female friends of the people I hang out with >_>
I don't think you understand what Youko's saying. The opposite of being a wuss is not being a prick, it's being confident not only with yourself but also your masculinity. Nothing wrong with being humble or having good manners but it is possible to carry them too far. If you're too humble, you appear bland and boring because nothing is really known about accomplishments/talents and if you're too nice, you'll quickly get thrown in the friend box or, worse, attract women who want to be the "man" in the relationship because you're stuck looking at them like they're some kind of Goddess rather than a regular person. (I wouldn't be surprized if one of the girls who's interested in you has this mindset simply because that's usually the kind of girls that "nice guys" get.)

Basically, if you go too far with the route you're taken, women won't see anything special about you or they will pick you because they see you as someone who's submissive and afraid of "offending" them. Being too nice basically says to them "I want you to like me so badly that I'm going to treat you like a Goddess because I'm terrified of losing your attention. Please I'm desperate!"

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I wasn't calling Youko out--pointing out my pet peeve regarding this topic.

Also,

attract women who want to be the "man" in the relationship because you're stuck looking at them like they're some kind of Goddess rather than a regular person. (I wouldn't be surprized if one of the girls who's interested in you has this mindset simply because that's usually the kind of girls that "nice guys" get.)
That is most certainly not the case ^_^. My stated point was that I actually did treat them like real people =P

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895

Also,

That is most certainly not the case ^_^. My stated point was that I actually did treat them like real people =P

So do we. We just give them a little more manly-ness. honestly being a little sensitive to them and more sensitive to you, works rather well.

EDIT: we aren't doing this to get into their pants yo, well in a sense yes, but just to attract women in general. first attraction it's better to show them your the man, if you start a relationship because of the first encounter, awesome, you can start letting off the manly pressure a bit, but still keep some of the flare as it'll keep her interested.

that is kind of rude, insinuating that this blog is made for guys to get into girls pants easier, Sure it'll probably be used more for that, but I think Youko just wants guys to be able to get a girl interested, as most guys cannot do that.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
that is kind of rude, insinuating that this blog is made for guys to get into girls pants easier, Sure it'll probably be used more for that, but I think Youko just wants guys to be able to get a girl interested, as most guys cannot do that.
for Christ's sake, what part of
isn't clear?

My comment was in no way saying anything about the OP's statement, rather saying, on a related note, one of my peeves w/ the american mindset.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Girls love badboys, women like real men.
Note the difference, depending on your age you should doctor your tactics.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Girls love badboys, women like real men.
Note the difference, depending on your age you should doctor your tactics.
True. It's quite rare to see a 30 years old woman choose a gangster in the street over a top lawyer. :laugh:
And a 16 years old girl choose a Top-A student in a private school over a bum (daring, carefree, outgoing, etc.) in publics.

I was told that all females are naturally bisexual.
Quite interesting, I've thought about it too. I wonder if there's anybody that's proven it so far.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
My girlfriend has kissed another girl to turn on her boyfriend at the time, like 3 years ago, in fact all of my ex's cept 1 have at least kissed another girl lol.

go women.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Women are raised to be bisexual.

If thats your idea of "natural".

§leepy God

Smash Master
My girlfriend has kissed another girl to turn on her boyfriend at the time, like 3 years ago, in fact all of my ex's cept 1 have at least kissed another girl lol.

go women.
That is on ****ed up story to hear from all the girls you've been with, or known, I don't know if I should laugh or cry of this strangeness. O_o

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I was told that all females are naturally bisexual.
That is kind of true thanks to estrogen. Also, I've noticed that women can usually competely remove their egos from the equation and just "let sex be sex." Guys can't really do that. A guy can pretty much only have sex with or even kiss another guy if 1. he's gay or 2. doing it as an act of dominance. Mentally, I don't think guys can shut their egos off like women can and just do things like this because "it feels good" especially in American culture.

@ youko:

To be honest, it's just the norm that society has had for ages and now-a-days women can completely blow off guys without looking bad. For example, read Rudyard Kipling's "the vampire" for an example of a guy who tries to be a "nice guy" but then just has the woman take advantage of him. With that being said, the additude's been around for 100s of years but now it's actually socially acceptable.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
You'd be surprised at how many bi guys there are

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
You'd be surprised at how many bi guys there are
But when they're Bi, which gender do you think they represent: masculine or feminine? I think that leads back to the "dominance" thing I talked about earlier for a majority of Bi cases. Testosterone is weird like that.It kind of allows guys to "play both sides of the fence" while still feeding their male egos. For example, Lord Byron and Casanova were both men who were infamous for this. Some people say that Shakespeare was like this too but there really hasn't been any solid evidence pointing to this.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Masculine or feminine? Both, pretty much.
Guys have the capability to seek the same amount of lust girls do. That's all it comes down to, really.

I would say some other personal thoughts, but they're quite rude, so I'll just let it be.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Masculine or feminine? Both, pretty much.
Guys have the capability to seek the same amount of lust girls do. That's all it comes down to, really.

I would say some other personal thoughts, but they're quite rude, so I'll just let it be.
I personally think bi men often seek gay men with feminine personalities but, then again, I've never come across a couple with two men who were both bisexual. Also, say what you want to say. I've become so hardened by the internet that I don't anything you could say could offend me. :laugh: (Or are you worried about other people?)

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
other people. I wouldn't just offend you for no reason. ^_^

Well, probably anyone would be offended by what I think. haha.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Wait, people seriously use pick-up lines?
Actually they do work. A friend of my brother's did it, she accepted, then he laughed saying he just wanted to see it work; he already had a girlfriend. He did that Fresh Prince (and other media used) line.

"I noticed you noticing me and I just wanted to put you on notice that I noticed you too."

And yeah, I suppose I'm a wussy. I'm rather quiet and reserved, excessively kind, and gentlemanly even with females I can't stand. Nor have I ever actually retaliated to any female talking badly upon me. But that's where my kindness comes in; they end up friends anyways... not that that helps my relationships, but...

EDIT: Agreed with the bisexual women thing. Trust me, I know. It's too true.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
For those of you that still are a little lost as to what some of us are referring to as being a "wussy," here are words from one of the experts in the field, who Fatmanonice mentioned earlier - David DeAngelo.

Good luck on the long read.

Here are a few of my key ideas:

1) ATTRACTION Isn't A Choice.

2) Women don't feel ATTRACTION for "nice"
guys who kiss up to them.

3) If you don't GET how ATTRACTION works, then
it almost doesn't matter WHAT you do. Nothing
will work.

4) If you DO get how ATTRACTION works, then
you can do almost ANYTHING, and it will work
for you.

Let's take 'em one at a time...

ATTRACTION ISN'T A CHOICE

Women don't "choose" to feel ATTRACTION. BANG! It just happens. And let me ask you something.

Do you think that the mechanism that causes women to feel ATTRACTION... the one that has evolved over millions of years... before language, before MTV, before you learned how to kiss women's *****... is LOGICAL?

Here's a hint:
No.

The bottom line is that if you interact with a woman long enough that she forms an "impression" of you, and she doesn't "feel it" for you, then you're done. It's over.

And no amount of chasing her around, buying her things, and being "nice" is going to do the trick. It's NOT a CHOICE, man!

WOMEN DON'T FEEL ATTRACTION FOR "NICE" GUYS WHO KISS UP TO THEM

Remember the guy above who asked the question "How can you be too nice?"

Answer: You already know... DUH.

Now I'm going to ask YOU a question... WHY are you BEING nice in the FIRST place? Right, right. It's because you WANT something.

"Oh, no", you argue...
"It's because I'm a NICE GUY."
Or maybe you think that you were born this way... to be "nice."
Or maybe you've even convinced yourself that it's the "right" thing to do.

Well, it's really pretty funny that the answer is staring you right in the face. You keep proving to yourself over and over and OVER again that NICE DOESN'T WORK.

By the way, I love it when guys write in to me and say "I don't want to use the things you teach because I don't like the idea of MANIPULATING women."

Then I ask "Do you buy women dinner, or take them out?"
Of course, the answer is always "Yes."
I ask "Why?"
But I already know the answer...
IT'S TO MANIPULATE WOMEN.
Yep. And then the same guy says "Yeah, but THAT'S DIFFERENT."

OK, before I get too far off track here, let's just summarize and say that it is EASY to be "too nice." And it REALLY screws up your chances with women when you are.

Women are NEVER attracted to WUSSIES.
"Overly nice" equals "Wussy."
Remember that.

IF YOU DON'T "GET" HOW ATTRACTION WORKS, THEN IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU DO. NOTHING WILL WORK.

Think about the concept of ATTRACTION for a moment.
What is it? Is it important? Is it the same for men and women? Do you KNOW how it works for women? Have you ever taken the time to LEARN
how it works for women? Have you ever CARED how it works for women? Are you guilty of spending more time thinking about what you're going to leave on your outgoing voicemail message than thinking about this topic?

Well, let's get something straight...

MOST men, and I'm talking about 95% of them, have NO IDEA how or why women feel that amazing emotion called ATTRACTION for some men.

And if they DO have an idea, it's usually DEAD WRONG. All most guys know is that women don't feel ATTRACTION for THEM.

Notice something about these emails. Notice that they all seem to be focusing on what they're DOING, rather than what they KNOW.

"I'm in a rock band and I'm a bouncer at a
hot club... but that doesn't work..."
"I sent her an email, but that didn't
work..."
"I'm a nice guy, but that doesn't work..."

Can you see it? THEY DON'T GET IT. If they did, their emails would be totally
different.

IF YOU DO GET HOW ATTRACTION WORKS THEN ALMOST ANYTHING WILL WORK...

Here's the interesting part of all of this.

If you will take the time to LEARN how and why women feel that interesting and magical emotional response called ATTRACTION for some rare men, and not for ALL THE OTHER men running around, then EVERYTHING changes.

Here are a few interesting points...

There are a few physical cues, or specific types of "body language" that instantly tell a woman whether or not you're a guy who is even worth a SECOND GLANCE... If you don't know what these things are, and how to use them, then the game will be over before it has even started. Scary.

Women test men CONSTANTLY. And ATTRACTIVE women test men MUCH MORE INTENSELY than "regular" women.

If you don't know how to spot these tests (and most of them are very subtle), and then deal with them, you're going to lose your chance to create ATTRACTION before you even GET it.

Being "nice" isn't the way.

If you want to chase a woman around for six months, buy her tons of gifts, take her on a bunch of expensive dates, and HOPE for a chance to have her as your girlfriend, then keep doing what you've always done.

This is the PRIMARY way that men approach
the topic of "women and dating."

I'd say that, on average, if you're REALLY REALLY NICE, and you buy her lots of extra-nice stuff, and take a woman on at least 20 dates over a 3-month time period, that you'll have about a 10% chance of her "falling for you." That's just a guess. But it's probably pretty accurate.

On the OTHER hand, if you want to be the kind of guy that has women FLIRTING with you within MINUTES of talking to them, then you're going to need to do something else ENTIRELY.

And if you want to be the kind of guy that actually has so many options, so many dates, and so many women interested in him that you just can't take all their calls, then you're going to need a COMPLETE OVERHAUL in your thinking, behavior, and perspective.

Yes, it can be done, but "nice" isn't the way to do it.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I seriously read this about 3 or 4 times because I loved the title.

"WUSSIFICATION" is funny by itself. Very good stuff, Youko.

Top Bottom