• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Flamestar666

Smash Lord
Videos. Now.

Or else I call bull. Again.
it's not something we can recreae at will
i don't have any kind of capture device... not even a VCR

i'm going to go get a VCR from salvation army (i think they have them there) and ill record nonstop

anyways it did happen, i was like wtf..

have faith, it's all you got

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i dont know, ill talk to flamestar again....btw OYM that stuff you mentioned was covered in the PKTG Volume 2...in addition to the illusions it also continues to block projectiles

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
So I am assuming the yo-yo doesn't need to be COMPLETELY off the ede, but far enough so that you wouldn't be able to charge it off the edge with a glitch? Let me clarify. Say you cant charge a yo-yo 3 feet from the edge. But you glitch it so that you CAN charge it 3 feet from the edge. The string is still partly on stage though.

And you mentioned tleporting and instant death throws. Were these tested? Do we know these work bcause we did it? Also, what do you mean by teleport? Ness teleports to the dropped Trapbox? And the instant death throws. What is that like? Do you set up a Trapbox with a SYYG and do a deathline grab and throw resulting in an instant toss to the blastzone? And if you can get an infinite jacket, wouldn't that mean an infinite trapbox would exist as well?

Hmm... I have had a couple experiences with multi hitting YYG traits. Maybe I am finding SYYG things. And if that is so, then there must be another way to SYYG since I wasn't trying to yo-yo off the edge when these events occurred.

Wait, I just remebered, Flamestar666 said something about JCing the yo-yo. I remeber the most recently when that 2 hit trapbox hit I did an usmash out of sheild meaning a JC usmash. So I might have did a SYYG, and then it must have something to do with JCing.

Sorry if this is too many questios.:dizzy:
I just want to fully discover this.

EDIT::smash:

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
So I am assuming the yo-yo doesn't need to be COMPLETELY off the ede, but far enough so that you wouldn't be able to charge it off the edge with a glitch? Let me clarify. Say you cant charge a yo-yo 3 feet from the edge. But you glitch it so that you CAN charge it 3 feet from the edge. The string is still partly on stage though.

And you mentioned tleporting and instant death throws. Were these tested? Do we know these work bcause we did it? Also, what do you mean by teleport? Ness teleports to the dropped Trapbox? And the instant death throws. What is that like? Do you set up a Trapbox with a SYYG and do a deathline grab and throw resulting in an instant toss to the blastzone? And if you can get an infinite jacket, wouldn't that mean an infinite trapbox would exist as well?

Hmm... I have had a couple experiences with multi hitting YYG traits. Maybe I am finding SYYG things. And if that is so, then there must be another way to SYYG since I wasn't trying to yo-yo off the edge when these events occurred.

Wait, I just remebered, Flamestar666 said something about JCing the yo-yo. I remeber the most recently when that 2 hit trapbox hit I did an usmash out of sheild meaning a JC usmash. So I might have did a SYYG, and then it must have something to do with JCing.

Sorry if this is too many questios.:dizzy:
I just want to fully discover this.

EDIT::smash:
The teleporting and the instant death throw are the same thing....as far as i know Ness doesnt teleport himself, but when he throws sum1 they get teleported to the place where the SYYG was set(off the stage) and then they get thrown from there...downthrow kills....and yes....infinite trapbox does exist...until u lose your stock(but even after that there are still some weird effects we arent sure about)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
okay then

Anyways, I guess no one took my challenge, or was able to do it, but Annoying wanted a time, and I might as well say how I did it now too.

Remeber, the challenge was to do Jigglypuff's BtT without dying.

First, take out the target that starts out on your left. Then, go to the left of the target on your right and YYG on it. Leave the trapbox there and proceed through the flame walls with an airdodge. Take out the target inside with a PK Fire. The go through the next set of walls and take out the target shoved up in the corner with another PKF. Then, here comes the hard part: Jump off the edge where the purple moveing walls glide off of and use pKTJ timed and angled perfectly so that you take out 3 targets at once with a deathline. So jump off, pKTJ back on, and break 3 targets in the process. You should have hit the two targets above the logs, and the very last target. This can be hard since you have to be in a certain spot, and you can't even see yourself then. Also, the purple walls screw you over a lot. Quickly and carefully now, make your way to the lowest platform. Short hop off and tipper fiar to hit the first target, doublejump fair to hit the second, and PKT to hit the final target (which would normally be the second to last one).

And there, you've done it ! I might record this since no one else has done this before (i hope)

Oh, and using that method, my record was 41 seconds and 9 miliseconds. (Yeah, I know I suck at this.)

EDIT: I woke up. My bed was wet, but my pants weren't.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Or he doesn't wear pants when he sleeps.
Shh... what are you trying to do to me?

Oh, and I got the multi hitting YYG again. I got it twice. Once with star jacket, and again with a regulay trapbox. I dont remeber what I did with the multi hitting star jackt, but I remember exactly what I did with the trapbox. I was on FD against Ylink. I ran up to him and JCed an usmash. I hit with the weak hitbox and Ylink walked into my trapbox with 2 hits taken. I think it hassomething to do with JCing indeed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so, did anything happen when i was gone?
anything big discovered?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
so, did anything happen when i was gone?
anything big discovered?
What do you mean by gone? Did you go on vacation? Well, Simna and flamestar talked about a strange SYYG trait on the previous poage if your using the forum default, I experienced a multihitting YYG again and I now bleive it may be SYYG since JCing usmashes may be part of it. I also posted the answer to my challenge, and Reik is ruining me. Umm... that's basically is.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
What do you mean by gone? Did you go on vacation? Well, Simna and flamestar talked about a strange SYYG trait on the previous poage if your using the forum default, I experienced a multihitting YYG again and I now bleive it may be SYYG since JCing usmashes may be part of it. I also posted the answer to my challenge, and Reik is ruining me. Umm... that's basically is.
JCing, however, is the way we have been performing YYG since the discovery was made. Why so long before discovering it has another use? Your sure you weren't anywhere near the edge? What if it has to do with the period after performing the last YYG where you have a ghost hit for the next frame, maybe its getting the ghost hit, then overlaping it with the second hit which would normally not hit the person...there is your dual hit trapbox. I think the edge yoyo idea is more plausible than JCing. Keep going with it if you want, though, it is an undiscovered science so I could(and most likely am) be wrong.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, I'm not COMPLETELY sure aboput JCing, but in Flamestar and Simna's discussion, they said something about JCed usmashes, and the only time I remembered exactly what I did to get a multi hitting YYG was when I hit with the trapbox I set with a JC. I know that I was about 4 crates away from the edge at that time, so the edge probably had no effect. But there can be 2 things inferred by this:

1. I have found yet ANOTHER YYG thingy or what ever.
2. SYYG may be performed with JC.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well, I'm not COMPLETELY sure aboput JCing, but in Flamestar and Simna's discussion, they said something about JCed usmashes, and the only time I remembered exactly what I did to get a multi hitting YYG was when I hit with the trapbox I set with a JC. I know that I was about 4 crates away from the edge at that time, so the edge probably had no effect. But there can be 2 things inferred by this:

1. I have found yet ANOTHER YYG thingy or what ever.
2. SYYG may be performed with JC.
Fair enough. This wasn't an attack or anything, you certainly know much more than I do. I was just thinking that it would take longer if we were headed in the wrong direction, which I thought it was possible that we might be. If you think it is the JCing, and you gave good reasons why it is, than I'll go along with that assesment.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I found something out about the dash attack. With AR, you CAN see the hitboxes of all of the attack. It was just so short and covered up by sparks that we could never notice it. Each spark hitbox lasts for exactly ONE frame. But sadly, two hitboxes are present at the same time during the very first part of the attack. The hand, and the first spark. Other than that, sparks 2 and 3 last 1 frame. So no sparkle jacket.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I found something out about the dash attack. With AR, you CAN see the hitboxes of all of the attack. It was just so short and covered up by sparks that we could never notice it. Each spark hitbox lasts for exactly ONE frame. But sadly, two hitboxes are present at the same time during the very first part of the attack. The hand, and the first spark. Other than that, sparks 2 and 3 last 1 frame. So no sparkle jacket.
O_O darn. Well then what happened to me? I guess we'll never know...
btw, does Ness's ledge recovery attack have have more than one hitbox at a time? Probably yes, but I have no AR >.<

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
O_O darn. Well then what happened to me? I guess we'll never know...
btw, does Ness's ledge recovery attack have have more than one hitbox at a time? Probably yes, but I have no AR >.<
Well, maybe you cancelled the second or third spark? That may not be it since you would have wasted the deathline on the first 2 hitboxes, but what eactly happened to the opponent when you touched them? Did they get pinned to the floor (spark 1)? Did they just move a bit forward (spark 2)? Or did they pop up (spark 3)? Even if this were true, and we figured out how to do it, it would be extremely hard since it's a ground attack which can only be cancelled by getting hit or having a platform dissappear under you. Also, it lasts only 1 frame, so you would have to cancel the attack on that exact frame. >.<

And, yes, all of Ness' invincibilty attacks (ledge attacks, flex kicks) have over one hitbox.

ummm. i must have been missing something. how do you JC yoyo?
You know what JC is right? Jump cancelling. Just press up a little bit before you press A. You can tell if you did it right if you can usmash out of a dash, sheild, or DD.

squaminator

Smash Ace
you can also jump cancel/usmash by using x and pressing up and a for the smash. its tough, but you can do it out of shield so its worth it.

Magus420

Smash Master
On the topic of JCing, you realize that even when standing still, unless you are using the c-stick along with Z or A to charge the u-smash or you hit up and A on the EXACT same frame, you are essentially 'JCing' it anyway right? In other words, just about any charged/partially-charged u-smash you would be doing in any given situation is being JCed.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Oh, that JC cancel yoyo. i thought you meant jump out of yoyo, haha.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Guys, I'm an idiot. I found out that the thing that I have been blabbing about actually WAS a phantom hit YYG. I found a way to recreate it, but it was useless anyways. i pahil at life. Everything hates me. I'm stupid, (can you get modded for flaming yourself?) and i left my pokemon cards in the rain.
:crying:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
ok...
it aint useless, it does damage, doesnt it?
i dont hate you.
no stupid, you found the toy jacket, didnt you?
No.
thats too bad.....pokemon cards......uh-huh.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Well, maybe you cancelled the second or third spark? That may not be it since you would have wasted the deathline on the first 2 hitboxes, but what eactly happened to the opponent when you touched them? Did they get pinned to the floor (spark 1)? Did they just move a bit forward (spark 2)? Or did they pop up (spark 3)? Even if this were true, and we figured out how to do it, it would be extremely hard since it's a ground attack which can only be cancelled by getting hit or having a platform dissappear under you. Also, it lasts only 1 frame, so you would have to cancel the attack on that exact frame. >.<
Well, it was kind of a flinch just a bit outward and upward, but not enought upward to be spark 3, and not enough outward to be spark 2.

O_O Maybe AR doesn't see something................ >.< idk =P

oh btw, what happened to that 4-pk-flashes-on-the-screen-at-once thing? Everyone was talking about it and then... it ceased to exist .................................................

EDIT: ^_^

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
sorry double post but this is important...
ok

it works with every attack...

i just did it with pk flash and it KO'd the three other people on the screen

whoever said the yoyo glitch wasnt cool is stupid.

4 pk flash on the screen at once is soo cool

and im the first one to ever see or do it

awesome

ness is a killer
muhahaha
Ah! Here it is! Obviously, we ca'nt ask him how this happened since Lonleyness is no longer here, but I still want to believe him...

**** me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
what was his previous post?
i'll find out...

uhh...nevermind, that was his first post in this thread. my guess? a misconception or amybe a hoax.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
hey you guys new news on the glith this morning

you can move the box around it follows you...

ok heres how...

lay the hit box down

then move somewhere else on the screen

use an attack the hit box will fly towards ness... this is alot harder to do but is worth it and here's why...

you can do any attack... bair...fair.. dair...

as the hit box flies through them it will do that attack on them

so you can bair them from the other side of the stage... or combo of an invinsible dair...

its amazing work on it....it prolly works with pk fire too, but i havent tested it cause ive gotta go to school..any questions just pm me or something
That was his previous post.

I deserve to die.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i dont see why you desevre to die but......i meant that was his first PK Flash related post.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Simna, you said it hadsomething to dowith teetering animation frames right? Well, if you approach the edge, Ness will spend 13 frames doing an "otto". After that, he goes into "oyyowait". When do we yo-yo? Otto or ottowait?

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
i brought that up here as an idea since it was presented to me as a possibility, but we dont know if that really has anything to do with it(it might, it might not), so to your question im afraid i have to say "I have no idea"

Looking at how long this is taking....I'm glad, looking back, that i didnt keep this thing a secret when i heard about it and tried to just figure it out on my own....wow

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
hah! and it looks like Ness has a long time to perfect the SYYG (rumors are that Brawl will have to wait until Christmas '07). I hope we don't go crazy by then...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hmmm....i'll still play smash after Brawl's out....just not a lot. or will I....Ness might have to wait...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
**** me for asking that.:)
Well, I HOPE this is figured out before Brawl. I'm saying to myself "I will still play Melee when Brawl comes out" but I know I wont be able to do that. I did that with 64. "I will still play 64 when Melee comes out"
*Doesn't play 64*

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, probably. GO NESS!!!

*notices how similar those previous two posts are*

EB360...you should change your avatar :) :) :)

EDIT:
when i try to rep you, EB360, it says to Spread some rep around before gving some to Earthbound360 again.

Top Bottom