• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i wouldnt rush him. just like Brawl. the longer it takes, the better it should be.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
But that does not garuntee that it will be better. How do you make a custom picture an avatar? Cuz then you could find a pic online or scan one you have, and make that your cool new avatar. Then there will be no confusion. I personally want a Dark Samus avatar over anything else. Ness is great but Dark Samus is even greater.

P.S. Annoying you started it.:p

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You must be a premmie, have access to thr backroom, or have 3 bars of rep to get a custom avater. But the more posts you make, the more avatars there will be available. Dark Samus s an avater you can choose.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Try searching for it now. You might be able to get it as a smash journeyman. If you cant get it, you may need to become a smash apprentice. That's 500 posts.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Back on topic here >_>

Anyway, I was playing Ness and I noticed if I stood not on the edge, but near the edge, I could charge the yoyo off the stage and it would bend down at an angle. Didnt do anything special, I just could do it. I remember I could do it on Dream Land, BF, FD, and NOT Pokemon Stadium.

To many post to look through, but how do you guys think you do the SYYG from there?

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Back on topic here >_>

Anyway, I was playing Ness and I noticed if I stood not on the edge, but near the edge, I could charge the yoyo off the stage and it would bend down at an angle. Didnt do anything special, I just could do it. I remember I could do it on Dream Land, BF, FD, and NOT Pokemon Stadium.

To many post to look through, but how do you guys think you do the SYYG from there?
You should be able to do that on any ledge, not just a select few. Doing Usmash on the edge is only one theory. Another is EB360 who says its the way you JC the Usmash, and we really aren't sure at this point. Just a note that SYYG won't work as a thread topic yet cuz we don't know $H1T.

Try searching for it now. You might be able to get it as a smash journeyman. If you cant get it, you may need to become a smash apprentice. That's 500 posts.
Right after I posted that I searched but I only have 44 avatars and that ain't one of 'em as far as I can see. I guess I will just have to post about 320 more times.:(

EDIT: Nvm, I guess I didn't look hard enough the first time. There are some pretty cool avatars on that list. Speaking of which, a thought occurs...on the very last page is a "master chief" avatar. If you pick the "Master Chief" avatar on smashboards, you condemn yourself to a life of eternal misery and unbarable suffering.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Back on topic here >_>

Soory dude, but that's not the SYYG. Charging it off of the edge a bit is easy with correct spacing, but charging it off COMPLETLY is hard.

XD @ Rhyme

Rhyme

Smash Lord
I hope they put YYG into brawl, that way Ness can still rock 'da house. For SYYG, as far as we know, you charge it full while it is completely off the edge?

EB360, you are only 21 posts away from 1000...what do you have planned?

:redx:OMG!!...I was searching for a headbanger smiley to put after "rock 'da house" and I came across this. I was only looking at the pics and I was like, "WTF why isn't it displaying???":chuckle: Laugh at myself, I'm as hopeless as EB360 with his almost discovery. BTW Simna, I'm gona use your abbreviation from now on.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360

ERROR

Yeah, **** me for posting that gay, fake, phantom hit YYG. But I wanna know why the hitbox gets left there. I think that the yo-yo jerking up realy fast would be too fast for the hitbox to keep up. But if this is true, then why deosn't this happen when you charge a yo-yo on the steepest slope of Corneria? Try it. On the steepest part of Corneria, you can chare the yo-yo. It will look like the yo-yo is hanging completely off of an edge. The stiring is completely straight.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Soory dude, but that's not the SYYG. Charging it off of the edge a bit is easy with correct spacing, but charging it off COMPLETLY is hard.

XD @ Rhyme
Didnt someone say they caused the SYYG to happen with it only bending partway? It's so long ago I dont remember and my mom is making me get off right now to do HW so I cant look >_<

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, someone said something about JCed yo-yo's. When he/she did it, they said their yo-yo wasn't completely off.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hey, when did EB360 become a Smash Lord? hmm....
<<<

why would charging a yoyo off the edge make these amazing effects?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
HAH! I caught up with you Annoying!

EDIT: I haven't edited in such a long time. I suck for that.:cool:
Remember: Elmo is just one letter away from emo!

Rhyme

Smash Lord
OMG! Stop the grudge matches! My friend and I were playing melee today and we got a new message to appear from the game. It says, "You've now played 4,995 melee bouts. That's one cent for every bout!" That officially makes melee THE GREATEST GAME EVER. At one cent a match, thats 49 dollars and 95 cents, which is the price of melee. We have officially gotten our money's worth out of the game, according to Nintendo. Truly amazing, I had to share, even though this has nothing to do with YYG in the least. MELEE FOR LIFE!!!(or at least until brawl ssh)

EDIT: Can anyone else see the last option in my signature? It is supposed to be a hyperlink to a FLUDD Mario moveset, and it is not appearing in the posts on this computer. If i check my sig in the user CP, it shows up but while I am typing this or reading posts it is not visible. I was hoping maybe someone could tell me they could see it and I wouldn't have to worry about editing my sig to make everything fit.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
OMG! Stop the grudge matches! My friend and I were playing melee today and we got a new message to appear from the game. It says, "You've now played 4,995 melee bouts. That's one cent for every bout!" That officially makes melee THE GREATEST GAME EVER. At one cent a match, thats 49 dollars and 95 cents, which is the price of melee. We have officially gotten our money's worth out of the game, according to Nintendo. Truly amazing, I had to share, even though this has nothing to do with YYG in the least. MELEE FOR LIFE!!!(or at least until brawl ssh)
NOOOOOO!!!! U R NOT KEWL NOW!

EDIT: Can anyone else see the last option in my signature? It is supposed to be a hyperlink to a FLUDD Mario moveset, and it is not appearing in the posts on this computer. If i check my sig in the user CP, it shows up but while I am typing this or reading posts it is not visible. I was hoping maybe someone could tell me they could see it and I wouldn't have to worry about editing my sig to make everything fit.
Yes we can.
ANNOYING! I have passed you!

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I'm not kewl because I've gotten that or because you have not?

Thankyou for removing that thorn in my thumb, now I can play melee in peace. I love that face thing you got going there, creative.[/QUOTE]

Your welcome.
PK THUNDER!

I've got a load of them for the smilies that SWF dont have.:laugh:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
anyways.....
lot of spam. kinda like this post.

what else do Smash Lords get? besides super reps?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
More avatar choices, a new title, and maybe more respect. That's probably it.
meh. They added more ads at the bottom of the pages.

Magus420

Smash Master
Usually for every 1000 posts you gain 1 rep altering power. Same with every 1 full year of membership and 100 positive rep points. You gain a bar for every additional 100 rep points. For example, I have 5 rep altering power. 1 (base) + 2 (2 years) + 1 (1000-1999 posts) + 1 (100-199 rep). In December it will change to 6 as I reg'd in Dec '03. -rep can also subtract from your power as well, and there's often a minimum # of posts needed before +/-reps count towards people. The parameters are customizable so it may be a bit different on SWF. EB360 should have 3 rep power (now with 2nd bar), annoying 2, and Rhyme should have 1.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Actually, I believe I do 3. Before I got 1000 posts, I did 2 rep. So the 1000 post bonus boosted that to 3.

Also, I am 2 rep away from a second bar. Anyone care to help?
Annoying, I passed your quiz too...

Back on topic now guys. Umm... let's see. What could I say that is on topic.
:idea:
I did the yo-yo glitch today!

EDIT: This is how I spontaneously died

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Prove it then :)
Now it is:) TY

With the SYYG I've tried messing around using the bunny hood and high damage techs to get the yoyo to fully charge off the edge easily, but couldn't get anything :ohwell:
Really!? What do you mean by high damage techs? I might test thisout with AR. Did you experience any teetering animation? Because, if you didn't, then that's probably why you got no SYYG.

Magus420

Smash Master
For that I'd tech something at really high damage on the little nub at the top left of hyrule, then SH over it while still having momentum from the hit and skid really fast up the steps and over to the ledge. Was never able to start charging after reaching the edge though, but was easily able to get it charged and completely over the edge by starting it in the middle of the skid. If it requires the teetering animation before starting it that wouldn't have worked anyway though.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
For that I'd tech something at really high damage on the little nub at the top left of hyrule, then SH over it while still having momentum from the hit and skid really fast up the steps and over to the ledge. Was never able to start charging after reaching the edge though, but was easily able to get it charged and completely over the edge by starting it in the middle of the skid. If it requires the teetering animation before starting it that wouldn't have worked anyway though.
Wow. Sounds hard. but yeah, that may not work since it is equivelant to having a SWD (via UFO). But still, the bunny hood sounds interesting.

Magus420

Smash Master
I figured that would at least be a little better in case slopes don't let it work like the UFO would. It's only been done on level ground so far right? I also tried out icicle mountain for its flat slippery surfaces too without any luck, but still couldn't get it to start at the teeter animation either.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Sloped ground... maybe that's key?
I mean, we havent been able to do it on the UFO, Corneria, or Icicle Mountain, and the only times we have done it was on FD (Well, from what I've heard) so maybe that could be it?

Handorin

Smash Hero
One thing I did today to get the yoyo off the edge was have the tree on Green Greens blow me to the edge right when I use the yoyo. That way it still thinks Im far enough, so it still charges.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
One thing I did today to get the yoyo off the edge was have the tree on Green Greens blow me to the edge right when I use the yoyo. That way it still thinks Im far enough, so it still charges.
Simna said this doesn't work.:ohwell:
**** this is so hard to figure out.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Annoying, I sent you a pm a while ago, could you please send me a copy of the Ness Test so I may try it?

Are we sure that what we think is SYYG, isn't some weird mutant after effect of the YYG? It just seems like this is way to complicated to actually work, and so far it just has extended uses of the same effects the YYG grants. After all, wasn't YYG very easy to figure out in comparison?

Top Bottom