• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
You could always have someone walk into you and push you into the edge.. to yoyo off the edge.

EDIT: annoying, I tried to +rep you, but it says I must spread some around.... I was the one who said I was the Flying Dutchman. I think...

and WHY ARE MY CUSTOM TITLE AND AVATAR STILL GONE?!?!

btw, did anyone else see the NEW Pikachu balloon at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade? Pikachu is so cool ^_^ Ness also is cool =P

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i know this may sound wierd, but maybe if you are in a different mode, ie tinymelee it will work better.

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
well, guys, ive decided to join the club. i yyg'd a few times when i first started using ness, but then i went on to practice other things. so now that ive finally lost my "smash n00b" title and actually have successful posts, im going to start experimenting more and helping out with other topics, something i did in my edgeguarding thread. so, yes, onyourmark, ness is way cooler than pikachu!

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
I wrote a guide on the Yoyo Glitch. Please read it here: OnYourMark's Guide to the Yoyo Glitch
Well, it's not that long, but it gets to the point. This is also my first guide, so if you see a problem or something, let me know (please ^_^).

EDIT: Hey, Pikachu is cool too =P
I had no idea there was a Ness club... Go PK, GO!!! What does PK stand for anyway?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I wrote a guide on the Yoyo Glitch. Please read it here: OnYourMark's Guide to the Yoyo Glitch
Well, it's not that long, but it gets to the point. This is also my first guide, so if you see a problem or something, let me know (please ^_^).

EDIT: Hey, Pikachu is cool too =P
I had no idea there was a Ness club... Go PK, GO!!! What does PK stand for anyway?
Nice guide there OYM. I'll see what I can add for you.
Pikachu? PIKACHU!?!?!?
:rotfl:
Yeah, Pikachu's pretty cool. I use him as my fourth character. I use Ness (duh), Luigi, Doc, Pikachu, and Puff in that order.

PK=Psychokinetic

Hey! Any members for the "I am such an idiot" club?:chuckle:

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
yeah, i think i started that club the day i decided to start ness:laugh:

just kidding, ness is awesome

i use ness(yes), ic, puff, dk, sheik/zelda, fox....now that i think, i use pretty much everyone! but yes, ness has become awesome to me:)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
my main list is crapped up:

Samus
Ness and Bowser
GAW, mewtwo, marth, falco, zelda, mario

ugh, cant decide.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Wow this thread is off topic

Main: Samus
Secondary: Falco
Back ups: Ganon, Marth, Fox

I have a relatively standard list of characters. hehe

Squaminator, how did you get so much rep with that few posts?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Everyone in that thread has so much rep...
Let's get back on topic.
Umm...
Did you guys know TJ is black hole proof?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Make a black hole with turnips (y'know, the black hole glitch?) and you can jump through it with a Thunder jacket on. But if the vulnerable part of Ness touches the black hole, he will still get hurt.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Oh that's cool =D

It's a little weird how the YYG works... when an enemy walks into a trapbox, you'd think that it would disappear, but Ness can still equip a Jacket... but you'd never know that it was equippied unless there was another character to SHOCK. hmm........

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so could you get stuck in it by running in it with star or spike on?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
oh, i misunderstood. i thought you said that TJ cant get you stuck in...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
annoying1359 said:
woah, EB360, when did your rep go negative? tsk, tsk, tsk.
It's fun to look back on the past!:laugh:

Also, did you know that all deathline attacks can go through walls except for grabs? Makes sense, but sucks.:ohwell:

Ever want to see a phantom grab? Go to Hyrule Temple and place a foe on top of the largest platform you can drop through (It is brown). YYG him/her and make them drop through the platform right under the part where you performed the YYG. Then drop down below the opponent into that cave part. It should look like this

..._____o_____

_______O__________

_______N____

o=Trapbox
O=Opponent
N=Ness

Now grab. You will grab the foe and they will get the "grabbed" animation but will remian above you and escape as soon as you grab them. Wierd. I dont think this is new though.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so, even if you hold a direction on the c-stiq, they still get out?

even if they have 999%, they still get out?

does this work with items?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
so deathline NEVER works PERIOD with projectiles? not counting human projectiles...

Magus420

Smash Master
They break out because it's just like if you grab someone while a platform raises or lowers one of you enough, they are moving away and grab the ledge as you grab them, or like when you try to homing grapple grab through platforms sometimes with Samus. The environment is breaking the grab. Phantom grab would either grab them or it wouldn't at all. I would guess that in a phantom grab type positioning of the hitboxes (they are tangent) the grab would connect rather than miss.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
so deathline NEVER works PERIOD with projectiles? not counting human projectiles...
Why would the deathline not work with projectiles? I probably just don't understand what you said...

haha, annoying and eb360 are like the same person... a person with schizophrenia O_O

just kidding.

EDIT: EB360, go to the misc. videos forum, and to your thread. I think that they think that you are being serious... O_O you are making us Ness players look bad ^_^ lol

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Some people are picking up on the scarcasm, some are not :chuckle:

Anyways, I was experimenting with the YYG today with AR and I got some frame data.

The special hitbox of a special yo-yo lasts for 11 frames
If you hit someone with a thunder yo-yo, it extends the special hitboxe's hitbox to 21 frames instead of 11.
The same goes for a weak thunder yo-yo, but it is 19 frames instead.
Hitting someone with the usmash special yo-yo will drop a new trapbox on frames 2-11 only. After frame 11, the hitbox reverts to a normal yo-yo hitbox, and hitting before frame 2 will result in the trapbox not being dropped. I think this is because the game thinks that it is still a jacket.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
seeing as ow deathline doesnt work with PK Fir, flash or thunder....i'd assume....

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Nope. None that really register as projectiles. Like Ness' dash attack looks like one, but is really just a disjointed hitbox.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
They break out because it's just like if you grab someone while a platform raises or lowers one of you enough, they are moving away and grab the ledge as you grab them, or like when you try to homing grapple grab through platforms sometimes with Samus. The environment is breaking the grab. Phantom grab would either grab them or it wouldn't at all. I would guess that in a phantom grab type positioning of the hitboxes (they are tangent) the grab would connect rather than miss.
Not to rain on your rep, but fantom grabs miss. I have gotten a fantom grab, actually on video at a time, but we accidently overloaded that computer with vidoes and got a blue screen of death. Everything got erased as a result and I couldn't ever put the video clip on the internet. I got it with Falcon against Dr on FD. My friend was WDing away from me and I dashed to try and grab him. Falcon did the grabing animation, and Dr flashed and took 7 damage but didn't get grabbed and went on moving as normal. It would make sense that this would happen anyway, seing as how normal fantom hits don't hit you anyplace.

Magus420

Smash Master
My friend was WDing away from me
This is important. Try it again when the other person isn't moving away from you to break the grab. How are you certain that was even a phantom hit? I'm almost positive what happened there was not a result of the hitboxes being tangent aka a phantom hit. Phantom hits are very easy to reproduce by slowly moving closer to the person after each attack. You can't get that instant break from a grab in the same manner. That's a result of something else entirely.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Is it possible (in the game's build) to phantom a grab? a phantom grab seems incomprendable...

btw, EB360, I must say... in your sig, the left-most Ness looks weird >.< lol

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, I dont think it would be considered a REAL phantom grab, but that's what I call it since it is kinda the same concept.

My sig. MY SIG!?!?!?!?!? :grrr:

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Well then, either the way you suspected isn't correct, or I discovered a brand new way to not do full damage to a person. After all, if you are sure we can't classify it as a phantom grab, what would it be?

Magus420

Smash Master
Seems like it would've been a environment and physics/momentum kind of grab interrupt. When it's not an edge or the stage moving that does it, it happens more often with Samus and maybe the other grapple grabbers too, especially when they are moving quickly. It's just when something causes them to be outside your holding range (whether it should be happening or not) at some point which makes it release them automatically.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Seems like it would've been a environment and physics/momentum kind of grab interrupt. When it's not an edge or the stage moving that does it, it happens more often with Samus and maybe the other grapple grabbers too, especially when they are moving quickly. It's just when something causes them to be outside your holding range (whether it should be happening or not) at some point which makes it release them automatically.
I don't understand completely what you are getting at. It was on perfectly flat FD, so envirenment didn't contribute. It must have been a direct result of the game physics then. There were no edges nearby, nothing to break the grab. Besides, even if the env. does break your grab, mine was different because it did 7% damage and made Dr. flash.

Magus420

Smash Master
'Or' would've been a better choice than 'and' I guess.

Pics or it didn't happen ^.^ j/k I would've liked to see it myself if it did do 7 damage though to try to figure out what might've happened. Too bad it got erased.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I would also like to know why Ness can "grab" through roofs, but now walls. If you deathline a grab through a wall, nothing happens, but do it with floors and roofs, and you get a "phantom" (or whatever you donkeybutts want to call it :p) grab.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hey, EB360 isnt dissing himself anymore *solitary clapping, then gradual weakening*

can you grab with deathline through a "droppable" platform, ie one you can drop through and jump through?

Top Bottom