• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Handorin

Smash Hero
Your discovery and/or what dan_smith said. (Im assuming they are about the same thing)
It just blew right over my mind what you do to do whatever.

squaminator

Smash Ace
the thing that i quotes says that if you have a jacket, then you can use the usmash and the jacket will occupy the hitbox of the usmash. then you can yyg off of the usmash like you normally would, and possibly jacket again, thus keeping the yyg.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Uhh... so you YYG, equip a jacket (say thunder), YYG again, the new hitbox will drop but have the attribute of the thunder jacket, and with that hitbox you can equip another jacket, like a spike jacket?

squaminator

Smash Ace
no. the YOYO has the attribute of the jacket, not the dropped hitbox. its just that if you hit with the yo-yo, (which is now a jacket) it counts as a hit so it will make another hitbox for you to jacket off of.

ex.
you yyg. get spike jacket. use usmash (which acts like a spike jacket), and get another yyg from it.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
No, you have two things mixed up. Dropped jackets and special yo-yo. When you use a yo-yo with a jacket on, the first 11 frames of the yo-yo hitbox takes on the qualities of the jacket. If you hit within those first 11 frames and after frame 2 of the usmash, a regular trapbox is dropped which you can use any way you want.

If you get a jacket and somehow get hurt while using the yo-yo during the first 11 frames, the jacket will be dropped and it will be like a trapbox, but with the jacket qualities.

Now what I did...
Do the YYG. Now if you use a yo-yo, it gets a new hitbox before it is really even supposed to (Again, in the first 11 frames). If you hit wih this hitbox afterframe 1, you drop a new hitbox. But you cant hit the opponent with the deathline.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Whoah, confusion.
EB360, I think I understand what you said. I'll go and try it =D

Cheer up man! ^_^

<(^.^)>

<(^.^<)

<(^.^)>

(>^.^)>

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
For every jacket, you must end the attack animation while the hitbox is out. For spike jacket, that would be as hit leg sticks out. For star, that's when Ness' head is moving forward. And for Thunder, it is while he is moveing forward with PKT2.

EDIT: Oh, and you must do this too. Say:

EB360 is the stupidest thing ever and he is gay.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
Yeah, Tron, try short hop -> down air, for the Spike
and DjC -> uair -> fast fall, for Star.

TOTORO for Brawl! ...well, not really.

Cort

Apple Head
Actually I believe you need atleast 20 rep and 100 posts to give positive/negative rep.

Has there been a SYYG video yet? If not, it's obviously completely fake.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Actually I believe you need atleast 20 rep and 100 posts to give positive/negative rep.

Has there been a SYYG video yet? If not, it's obviously completely fake.
Not really. If you get 20 rep, the rep you give increases by one, and a guy with 50 posts gave me a plus rep too.

Have faith guys. has Simna ever lied to us before?
And if it is real... my sig...
(Unless it is banned!
)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Simna has lied to us. you told me, EB360.

PKTB and PTKBC do work on training.

Magus420

Smash Master
I explained this earlier, lol.

For SWF, 50 posts is the minimum requirement before your rep counts for anything towards people, and I'm almost certain it excludes any join date or total rep bonuses to repping power until you get those 50+ posts.

Once you have 50+ posts, you get +1 rep power for having 10 +rep, then an additional +1 rep power at +100 rep, +200 rep, +300 rep, etc. It's basically an additional rep power for each GREEN bar you have, excluding a 1-9 rep score where it's green but you are 'An unknown quantity at this point', and get 0 rep power from your rep total. It may change higher up though with lots of bars, so I'm not 100% sure. You may also get a rep power deduction for certain amounts of -rep, but maybe not. Or maybe it eliminates your power altogether with -rep, but then again I've been -repped once by someone who claimed to be somebody who had red rep.

You also gain +1 rep power for each COMPLETE year of membership. So if they reg'd in Nov '04 they would have a +2 rep power bonus from that.

For each FULL 1000 posts you have you get +1 rep power as well. Again, it may change further up but at least in the first few thousands it holds true. For example, 3947 posts = +3 rep power.

With all that in mind, Cort's power level is probably something like 9001+, or 11 to get specific.

Reik

Smash Ace
I bet Reik thinks this is fake because no one has ever answered his questions. :laugh:
Hahah... you mean like 20 pages ago? I had forgotten all about that.

I was skeptical from the very beginning until Simna assured me on AIM that he had actually pulled it off once. I had no reason to doubt him. xD

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
This glitch is awesome. I practiced it last night and I think I understand what you're talking about.

I read somewhere that the jacket resets after hitting 12 objects, but that didn't work for me on green greens. I am sure there are more boxes than 12. And for some weird reason, when a new box came after I equipped the jacket, the jacket wouldn't work on it. Does the game view the new boxes the same as the old ones (they use the same memory).

Can't wait to test this out in my brand new AR I'm getting for Christmas!

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
as for respawning on Green Greens, it sometimes doesnt quite work because some of the blocks you want to hit are under some other ones. overall, respawning jackets on green greens isnt so easy.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
This glitch is awesome. I practiced it last night and I think I understand what you're talking about.

I read somewhere that the jacket resets after hitting 12 objects, but that didn't work for me on green greens. I am sure there are more boxes than 12. And for some weird reason, when a new box came after I equipped the jacket, the jacket wouldn't work on it. Does the game view the new boxes the same as the old ones (they use the same memory).

Can't wait to test this out in my brand new AR I'm getting for Christmas!
Yes. That's why it is good to keep track of the blocks you break. Also, beware of blocks you dont expect to break and bombs. Use airdodges to go through bomb blocks. Like Annoying said, regeneration on Green greens isn't so easy.

For regeneration, I reccomend Mushroom Kingdom 1.

BTW...
**** my life.
:cool:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
i still prefer Greenx2 because you dont have to glitch your opponent, but maybe that's just me.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
hmm...i dont know....but i dont think you can regenerate jackets on MKII, though.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
hmm...i dont know....but i dont think you can regenerate jackets on MKII, though.
You can, but it requires waiting for 12 eggs to hit with the jacket.

Why can't you use the breakable blocks on MK1 to glitch it up? They break when struck, and don't get hit twice. Plus, it is very easy to reset the jacket with so may boxes laying around.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You can, but it requires waiting for 12 eggs to hit with the jacket.

Why can't you use the breakable blocks on MK1 to glitch it up? They break when struck, and don't get hit twice. Plus, it is very easy to reset the jacket with so may boxes laying around.
Because all of the blocksare in the air. If you stand on them and yo-yo, you cant charge it.

I dont think it is banned in tournies though. Is it?

Handorin

Smash Hero
It is banned. (Thank goodness.) It is hard to kill anyone on that stage. *tech tech tech*

Rhyme

Smash Lord
MK1 is banned to the best of my knowledge. Can't you stand on the 'scale' platforms and hit the floating boxes?

MK2 will not appear on the random list, but it is not banned either. You can activate YYG on Birdo, than use the eggs to reset if you are patient.

Top Bottom