• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide The Yo-yo Glitch: Cracked. (Update: FAQ now in first post)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
hey, EB360 isnt dissing himself anymore *solitary clapping, then gradual weakening*
Thank you for reminding me what a stupid suckhole i am. I deserve to die and I phail at life. Everyone hates me including myself, and I should go to the nearest utchers shop and take their largest knife and stab myself repeatedly and tell my witnesses to burn my body and curse me out as I leave.:cool:

can you grab with deathline through a "droppable" platform, ie one you can drop through and jump through?
Yes

Turns out, you cant grab items with the deathlind at all.

OnYourMark

オンヨマク いつも
You can grab only one item...... but it's not really grabbing it. The Metal Box =D
Well of course you can't grab other items. Once you press A, the trapbox turns into an A attack... which doesn't grab an item.

EDIT: Annoying, was your sig the one that was saying that chat and leet speak are bad?
By the way, EB360, stop with the self-abuse lol.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
yeah, OYM. EB360 is emo now. so if you deathline a bobomb, do you get hit by the bomb?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
No. Any attack that activates a deathline will be a disjointed hitbox.
I should bomb myself though :cool:.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
'Or' would've been a better choice than 'and' I guess.

Pics or it didn't happen ^.^ j/k I would've liked to see it myself if it did do 7 damage though to try to figure out what might've happened. Too bad it got erased.
If it ever happens again, you'll be the first one I tell.;) I felt like a loser for such a long time because I mentioned on another thread that I had that video, and Doraki wanted to see it. Then I go to my friend's house to save it onto my PSP...computer won't work. I was like ****! with about 10 U's, but if I put them it won't star it and I'll get into trouble.:laugh:

Yay for emo EB360, as long as it doesn't get in the way of his guide video's completion. How long are you planning to sulk earthbound?

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
I Made a Yo-yo Glitch Discovery

If this is new, I wont be emo anymore lol
Okay, you know if you deathline with a yo-yo, it strangely gets a new hitbox right? Well, that hitbox starts on frame 1 of when Ness uses an smash, and it is the last hitbox of whatever yo-yo he uses.

Anyways, here's what I found. If you hit with that special hitbox from frames 2-11, a new yo-yo trapbox is set. But the opponent you hit cannot be in the deathlines path. If he is, the new trapbox will be set, but the opponent hit by the deathline will be immune to it.

So this is basically it. YYG, then hit the opponent with the usmash (Doesnt work with dsmash...figures) and another trapbox is set.

Now what could this be used for? Well, this moves the trapbox, and you can actually use a physical attack with the deathline and still keep it. But the knockback is weak, and hitting with the usmash without other attacks isnt easy. So try this out and see what you can do.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
If this is new, I wont be emo anymore lol
Okay, you know if you deathline with a yo-yo, it strangely gets a new hitbox right? Well, that hitbox starts on frame 1 of when Ness uses an smash, and it is the last hitbox of whatever yo-yo he uses.

Anyways, here's what I found. If you hit with that special hitbox from frames 2-11, a new yo-yo trapbox is set. But the opponent you hit cannot be in the deathlines path. If he is, the new trapbox will be set, but the opponent hit by the deathline will be immune to it.

So this is basically it. YYG, then hit the opponent with the usmash (Doesnt work with dsmash...figures) and another trapbox is set.

Now what could this be used for? Well, this moves the trapbox, and you can actually use a physical attack with the deathline and still keep it. But the knockback is weak, and hitting with the usmash without other attacks isnt easy. So try this out and see what you can do.
Cheers to EB360, the only one still constructively working on the YYG in the YYG thread!:laugh:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
:laugh:
I should be working on the SYYG though. No one ares about the YYG anymore.
I suck for that.
:cool:

Anyways, let's get some data analysis:

SYYG Theorys

Charging the yo-yo off of the edge
WD at the edge then yo-yoing
JCing the yo-yo

Effects

Instant death throws with teleportation
Infinite trapboxes
Infinite jackets
Going through the stage with PKT2

People Who Have Done It

Flamestar666
Simna

Stages of success

FD

What Doesn't Work, but can get a yo-yo off of the edge

UFO WD
Whispy Winds tree
Pushing Ness as he charges the yo-yo

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Who?
Me?
Do what?
Discover something new?
Cool!
Don't get your hopes too high, we wouldn't want you to fail again and become emo.

:laugh:
I should be working on the SYYG though. No one ares about the YYG anymore.
I suck for that.
:cool:

Anyways, let's get some data analysis:

SYYG Theorys

JCing the yo-yo

Effects

Infinite trapboxes
Infinite jackets

People Who Have Done It

Flamestar666
Simna

Stages of success

FD

UFO WD
Whispy Winds tree
Good compilation, hopefully we can use this information to turn the tiers list. We actually can use this stuff in tournys, so long as we can prove that it was put in the game on purpose, to maintain Ness' high tier status from Smash 64!:cool:

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
SYYG Theorys

JCing the yo-yo

Effects

Infinite trapboxes
Infinite jackets

People Who Have Done It

Damian (The guy who discovered it duh)
Flamestar666
Simna

Stages of success

FD
FoD?

UFO WD
Whispy Winds tree

Other useful information

After a WD, Ness can take action on frame 11
The yo-yo usmash hitbox comes out on frame 12
The charge occurrs on frame 13
The yo-yo reaches its maximum length at frame 18
When you teeter off of the edge, Ness spends 13 frames doing an "otto"
After the otto, he goes into "ottowait"

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
It's never necessary at all, but it's prett powerful if you pull it off. Plus, it's just plain cool We had a debate about wheter or not it was a glitch or intentionally put it. There are some combos that work only with the YYG.

KrulNess

Smash Apprentice
how strange would that be if it was really necessary in battle?! it would jam up nesses teir and make him most commonly used character.....*thinks*

interesting

sorrry for the usual rant by KrulNess

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Alright to do it in battle, you want to be against more human shaped characters. Like Marth, Fox, and Sheik. Now go to training mode and stand about half of Ness' roll away from your dummy. Now use your yo-yo with good timing. Charge it for about half a second for about 1-2 yellow flashes. If they get knocked away with just 1 hit, you have done it.

Now doing this in battle is kinda hard. You must first master that spacing and timing. Again, attempt this on more human shaped characters. There are combos you can use to lead into a YYG. If you land a PK Fire, they will most likely try to DI out of the back of the flames away from Ness. Stand next to the fire and yo-yo them as they DI out.

Another combo is a DjC fair lcancel, then yo-yo. At low percents, you can also DjC nair and uair then yo-yo.

Anyways, yeah YYGing the clueless is soooooo fun. I had my friends convinced that Ness had a shine and a taunt spike. :laugh:
It was great my first grab deathline too. It happened so fast for him that he thought that I was the one who teleported. But he wenthere and figured it out. Now he goes after my trapboxes when I do it. Sucks...

Man people have been using a lot of my stuff. You have my location, and andyzond has my banner. >_>

EDIT: Why do guys have nipples? Do we use ours?

Tron V2.0

Smash Apprentice
I have the time for nesses YYG. After the yoyo hits the opponent with the proper length, you have to wait for 0.5 seconds, then release. If the yoyo doesn't hit anything else, then it is succesful.
It doesn't have to be 0.5 seconds, it just has to be very close to it like 0.45 seconds or 0.55 seconds.

Well, I hope that this information has helped at all.

Handorin

Smash Hero
You can YYG on any stage. It just may be more difficult on a stage like Rainbow Cruise where it is moving. It is also easier to equip the thunder jacket on a stage with platforms (Like battlefield) because you can just PK Thunder youself down on the platform rather than jumping off the stage and try to sweetspot.

P.S. All mammals have mammary glands, so all mammals have nipples. Since humans are mammals, all humans, including males, have nipples. Males do not use their nipples though. Hope that answered your question EB. ;)

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Alright thanks Handorin. Really, that was just another one of my prize winning edits:chuckle:
BTW, YYG is hard to pull off in rough terrain like on both brinstar stages since you cant charge the yo-yo on bad or no land.

squaminator

Smash Ace
can you do it on the little things that keep the platform together or on either of the side membranes that hold the platforms down?
edit: in brinstar

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
No. You cant do it on top since it is not considered solid ground. And you cant do it near the edge because of the gay sloppy ground. But if you weaken the left tentacle to a sliver, you can YYG off of that. Not the one on the right though. The ground is screwy around there too.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
You can YYG off of anything that you can hit that the yo-yo can reach while charged. This includes items, stage pieces, and even adventure mode enemies. But there may be one exception. The MS bomb. I haven't ever been able to YYG off of that. But I have with the bob-omb.

Still, I would like to know if my YYG disovery is new. Again, you YYG then hit someone with the usmash yo-yo from frames 2-11. This hits them with the yo-yo, and a new trapbox is set up at Ness' feet.

If it is new, I'd like to call it chain yo-yo.:)

squaminator

Smash Ace
You can YYG off of anything that you can hit that the yo-yo can reach while charged. This includes items, stage pieces, and even adventure mode enemies. But there may be one exception. The MS bomb. I haven't ever been able to YYG off of that. But I have with the bob-omb.

Still, I would like to know if my YYG disovery is new. Again, you YYG then hit someone with the usmash yo-yo from frames 2-11. This hits them with the yo-yo, and a new trapbox is set up at Ness' feet.

If it is new, I'd like to call it chain yo-yo.:)
Dan Smith said:
Extended Jackets (Special Yo-Yos)

* Ness' U-smash and D-smash will take on the characteristics of an equipped Jacket from the start of the animation until the first hitbox. (That means it comes out on the first frame. The U-smash comes out behind and slightly above Ness, while the D-smash is directly in front) These are called the Star Yo-Yo, Spike Yo-Yo, and Thunder Yo-Yo.
* The special Yo-Yo's hitbox will turn back into the normal Yo-Yo hitbox as soon as the normal hitbox would usually come out. This means that in order to hit with it, you have to hit with the very first part of the animation.

NOTE: Whether you hit or miss, the Jacket will be gone afterward.

* If you hit an enemy with an uncharged U-smash of any of the special Yo-Yo's, another YYG hitbox will be dropped on the ground. This means you could hit someone with the Thunder Yo-Yo and immediately equip the Spike Jacket afterward to finish the job.
sorry. already done

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Well, I read that, but this doesn't really require you to equip a jacket, and since it has the same hitbox as the yo-yo, it cant really be considered a "Special" yo-yo. So umm... is it new?

squaminator

Smash Ace
its the same thing but using the deathline instead of a jacket. i GUESS you could call it new, but i think its just an extension of the old.

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Oh okay. Should I go emo for that? I mean, it's kinda new...
Yeah, why not?

That's me making a black hole for me to get sucked into because I myself suck.

Handorin

Smash Hero
So could someone explain that? I dont quite understand what it is saying. XD

Top Bottom