• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thorough Frame Data (Updated)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Ok thanks.

I have another question;
How long are you during the air during a SHFF because it would really help with knowing who can be single naner locked or even infinited if we find their trip data too.
It depends on when you start the fast fall. If you want the shortest possible I can find that. It'll have to wait to monday though.

DFEAR

Smash Hero
finding just the amount of time an opponent is in trip animation before they can react would be super awesome o.o

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I decided to take a triple post to say:

Diddy Kong's dash attack is unpunishable.

He can jab or D-tilt an opponent before they should be able to grab him even if they play it perfectly. It has 0 ending lag, none whatsoever.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Wow, that is some interesting stuff 0_o
I noticed that we can buffer near the end of a dash attack. So if we do it right, we stop all shield grabs by buffering a move with 5 frames of startup or less. (the fastest grab takes 6 frames too come out right?)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Wow, that is some interesting stuff 0_o
I noticed that we can buffer near the end of a dash attack. So if we do it right, we stop all shield grabs by buffering a move with 5 frames of startup or less. (the fastest grab takes 6 frames too come out right?)
Yes, the fastest grab comes out on 6 so if you get shielded on the first frame of the last hit, and it would almost impossibly be a perfect one, you can jab avoid whatever they can do. If they are outside of the range, you can buffer anything 5 frames or less, IE, jab or D-tilt is ideal. D-tilt will trade hits with a perfect opponent shielding frame 20 having shielded previous frames, thats a pretty decent tradeoff, but jab is guaranteed to be at an advantage.

However, you can't really expect opponents to perfectly buffer it because they have some hard timing on that. Generally, D-tilt is safe.

TreK

Is "that guy"
People could just shield the dtilt and grab couldn't they ?
Roll would be the safest choice imo, but it still sucks.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
People could just shield the dtilt and grab couldn't they ?
Roll would be the safest choice imo, but it still sucks.
Not theoretically if they are perfect. Since you can see them start the grab animation on frame 1, and you have time to react, theoretically you could avoid them whatever they do. IE, if you don't grab immediately, you could take a step back and so forth, they shouldn't be able to stop you theoretically. Thats pretty amazing.

And if they choose to let down the shield, you have a safe jump.

Dekar173

Justice Man
Dash attack, though having great frame data, can be DI'd through, or the opponent can even shieldgrab (superarmor is what gets us here, we trade like, 1% for a free grab ><)

It's still beastly :)

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Dash attack, though having great frame data, can be DI'd through, or the opponent can even shieldgrab (superarmor is what gets us here, we trade like, 1% for a free grab ><)

It's still beastly :)
Nah, it can't be sheildgrabbed though. Unless its perfect shielded, so it has a 0 frame block stun, which is almost impossible, it cannot be shield grabbed. Theoretically.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I can check SOME results with PSA and get some more info.

I am bad at it but analyzing basic attacks by their events is easy (you'll have to wait or ask someone else for specials in example ._.)
On top of that, I might miss stuff because there are loads of events that haven't been understood yet.
Just a glimpse :

Jab 1 hits on frame 2, the hitbox lasts until frame 4 ; and the move itself can be interrupted on frame 17 if it doesn't hit, +6 frames if it hits (hitlag)
+ some more details : there are in fact 4 hitboxes, and if you get hit by one the other ones seem to disappear (you'd deal 12% on jab1 otherwise lol ; probably an unknown event or something I missed). You can get 3 different launching angles with those. The one that hits first depends on where do you hit. Illiniallex's results aren't necessarily wrong because each of those hitboxes are attached to a "bone", they follow its track ; thus, if the arm is still not completely unfolded on frame 3, it might only hit on frame 4. Lazy sakurai D=

I first need to make diddy's bones list. It will take some time.

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
I want to know the invincibilty frames of character's get up animation after a trip and get up attack. I sometimes don't buffer a smash after it or miss a grab because of the get up animation.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Double post, sorry for that.
Looks like everyone has got 6 intangible frames (=cannot be hit) on trip.
DK bounces off the floor when tripped, the fact the dsmash misses often must have something to do with the hitbox leaving the floor.
the frame people can move is dependant to the lenght of their trip animation, which I can't get through PSA ; we'll have to ask Illinialex or do it ourselves =/
I still asked people if we really couldn't just to be sure, but I highly doubt.
btw,
trip rolls (both directions) have 10 intangible frames
trip attack has 8 inta frames
trip getup has 17 intangible frames

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
banana choke is not that good, why is it that people are hyping it up?
Then you come up with something that might result in progress, goddang =.="

The whole point is to RESEARCH (something 90% of the Diddy boards apparently don't grasp) to see if we can make it useful. If we got the frame data for how long each character's Banana trips were, then we could really get cooking with new ways to use it.

OT: Yes, it isn't that good as of now, mainly due to people being unsure about followups (which this thread can help with a lot) and a lack of reliable setups, both of which we intend to cure.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Okay, I'm gonna do banana throws now. I also need someone I can contact in the likely event that I get banned in the near future so this thread can be updated through a moderator.

My AIM's illinialex243.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
This is my first time looking at this thread and I love it.
Just clarifying some things though to see if I'm comprehending it right. Let's use USmash for example, since it comes on frame 18 to 22 and has a duration of 66, does that mean that there are 44 frames of lag if the 3rd hit does not connect?

Luigi player

Smash Master
This is missing Diddys upB....

Does anyone know when the hitbox will come out if you don't charge it? And from what frame the barrels will fly off (I guess this could be the same for both)?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Diddy Item (Banana) Throws:

Forward:
Hit 7, End 20

Backward
Hit 9, End 20

Downward
Hit 6, End 18