• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thorough Frame Data (Updated)

Yikarur

Smash Master
Ahh, theres one more thing i need to know, if anyone would be kind enough.

When you initiate a dash, whats the earliest time you can shield, so at the start of the "fox trott" to the first instant you can put your shield up.

^^
the dash lasts 10 frames so you can shield from frame 11

if i FF an insta throw into the ground, does it cancel cooldown of the throw and just count as normal landing lag?
no it doesn't

Yikarur

Smash Master
I added the end frame because it's very important.

Throw Data

The frame is the first frame the Banana is active after the throw animation starts. I'd love it if someone else backed me up on this.

Ground Throws:

(Regular and Smash throws are the same)

Down Throw: 6
Ends: 18
Forward Throw: 7
Ends: 20
Back Throw: 9
Up Throw: 11

Air Throws:

Down Throw Air: 6
Ends: 18
Forward Throw Air: 7
Back Throw Air: 9
Up Throw Air: 11

Misc:

Glide Toss: Add 1 Frame to whichever throw you are using
JC Throw: Add 1 Frame to whichever throw you are using
OoS Standing Throw: 7
You should explain the last part, after your explanation it seems that a glidetoss lasts longer then a normal toss, thats not true, Their are actually normal tosses, what makes it longer is that you have to input a roll in the frame before.
and "OoS Standing Throw" is just a normal forward throw.

E: Edit fail D:

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
I added the end frame because it's very important.

You should explain the last part, after your explanation it seems that a glidetoss lasts longer then a normal toss, thats not true, Their are actually normal tosses, what makes it longer is that you have to input a roll in the frame before.
and "OoS Standing Throw" is just a normal forward throw.
Thank you for the end frame data, it is important.

It takes exactly one extra frame to go from Shielding into a Glide Toss throwing animation (IE, you can cancel Rolling after one frame), after which the animation is the same as a normal throw. It takes exactly one extra frame to go from a Dash animation into a Jump animation, and you can cancel the Jump animation ASAP, meaning there is one extra frame total. I did NOT, however, account for the extra time it takes to initiate a Dash before a JC Toss, which would indeed add extra time. That would make Glide Tossing faster than JC Tossing.

The "OoS Standing Throw" is indeed just a normal standing throw; there used to be discussion that a Banana comes out at frame 3 OoS, which I wanted to make certain is shown not to be the case.

Grizzer

Smash Journeyman
Thank you for the end frame data, it is important.

It takes exactly one extra frame to go from Shielding into a Glide Toss throwing animation (IE, you can cancel Rolling after one frame), after which the animation is the same as a normal throw. It takes exactly one extra frame to go from a Dash animation into a Jump animation, and you can cancel the Jump animation ASAP, meaning there is one extra frame total. I did NOT, however, account for the extra time it takes to initiate a Dash before a JC Toss, which would indeed add extra time. That would make Glide Tossing faster than JC Tossing.

The "OoS Standing Throw" is indeed just a normal standing throw; there used to be discussion that a Banana comes out at frame 3 OoS, which I wanted to make certain is shown not to be the case.
i see no reason to JC toss from a standing position since you have to dash first and thats slowwww, you'd only use it when you''re already running, so just use a GT from standing position, and JC toss if you wanna throw while running :)

Yikarur

Smash Master
you can dash in frame 1 and JC Toss in Frame 2/3. It's not slower then a glide toss at all. (of a neutral position)

Choice

Smash Champion
is it typical for air and ground throws to have the same frame data?

like is that a universal characteristic?

Choice

Smash Champion
Is there any thread that has all the item toss frame data for every character?

Or do you possibly have that Yikarur? =)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit

TRIPPING FRAME DATA

For most characters:

When slipping on a Banana: 29 Frames

When hit by a Banana:
44 Frames

NOTE: This means that the character can Roll, get up, or get up attack on frame 30 or 45, respectively

Exceptions:

:dk2: 28 / 43

:charizard: 33 / 44

:gw: 31 / 46

:jigglypuff: 32 / 46

Things to note:

Pikachu's trip animation is normal length.

Jigglypuff has the worst tripping animations.

Donkey Kong has shorter tripping animations than anybody.

Charizard has the longest "slipping on a grounded Banana" animation.

Choice

Smash Champion
Thanks ingulit. thats interesting. I wonder why pikachu used to have been thought to have a longer trip animation.

Yikarur

Smash Master
It would be nice if you would list the invincibility and end frames of the tripping get-up option (which differs from normal get-up) because that is very interesting.
look at this:

of Yoshi:
>Trip-Attack<
Start-Up:
Hits: Front: 19 Back: 26-27
Hitlag: 5 both
Invincibility: 1-8
Ends: 49

8 Invincibility frames of 49, thats ridiculous ;_; and nice to know too but the differs from character to character. (not by much, most are similar)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Frame data request (ingulit...):

-frame data on a dodge drop
-frame data on bdacus (and compared to other char's bdacus like falco)
-frame data on if smash throwing is slower than normal throwing (all directions and in the air)

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Frame data request (ingulit...):

-frame data on a dodge drop
-frame data on bdacus (and compared to other char's bdacus like falco)
-frame data on if smash throwing is slower than normal throwing (all directions and in the air)
Dodge Drop: What do you want to know, when the Banana's hitbox comes out? It is the same as a Z-Drop, which is 6 frames AFAIK.

BDACUS: Again, I'm not sure what you want to know. From the end of the animation you are buffering the BDACUS out of, the first hitbox of the U-Smash comes out at frame 5.

Throws: I am fairly certain smash and regular throws have the same frame data, which I posted before.

EDIT: If anyone wants to make a new Frame Data thread who isn't banned, I'll sticky it (as long as you do a better job ofc).

Player-1

Smash Legend
Ingulit I had an updated frame data thread that I asked if it could get sticked and no one ver did >.> I can bump it back up.

I don't think anyone has ever posted what frame a z drop has came out in the diddy boards as far as i can remember. I wanted to know if dodge drop or down throw came out faster. And if it is frame 6 a z drop comes out on then shouldn't it be frame 7 since you have to input the air dodge?

I'm fairly sure that each input has to be specific, at least with Diddy. When I do it I'm pretty certain that I input both of my c stick hits within 10 frames of the ending animation and it doesn't do it so I think usmash part of the input might have to be something specific.

I looked for your post of smash and regular throws and couldn't find it, I could only find regular (smash?) throws vs glide tossing and jump toss cancelling.

Top Bottom