• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Thorough Frame Data (Updated)

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What [more] do you want to know about the Up-B?

with no charge:
start up: 1-7
Hit: 8-?
Vertical Movement: 8-40
Landing Lag: 30 (soft/hard landings)

Doing full to varied charge times are tedious. I suppose I can check how long the hitbox is out for with no charge though...

I could do the basics of the peanut gun sometime.

-

Well I noted that throwing by hitting 'a' normally had the exact frame data as 'smash forward a', so I am assuming it is all the same...

-

Also for those who care/don't know, the 'tech window' on glide tossing with Diddy is any throw item movements made during frames 1-4 of each roll.
(frame 0 is when you put the input of the roll).

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
someone needs to make da hitbubs for diddy kong i wnaana see the range of his nair and how powaful it is

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
It does from frame 30 or so.
Well ya, technically most aerials autocancel after a certain amount of time while still in the move's "active" window.

But I was debating how useful it was since you kinda have to commit to it, and someone was like "no it autocancels, so you can use it to an extent like Peach fair". I highly doubted this theory of course.

btw, I thought attacks that are "chargeable" aren't in the PSA. Has that changed?

Veril

Frame Savant
This data should be reformatted (replace the "duration" which contains hitlag... which is really f***ing annoying... with first actionable frame / iasa). What's good should than be combined with the hitbox images you all have. Also someone should actually just dump the PSA diddy data since afaik Alex did his data research initially with 60fps recording and deinterlacing (the old-school, vastly inferior method which was what he had available at the time iirc). I have a lot of respect for Alex putting in a lot of work for his data but I think the only data thread (worth mentioning that is) which is more frustrating for me is the Marth frame data (I don't even want to get started on that omg).

"makes note"

@phi1ny3: Not all aerials autocancel (some have to finish in the air to avoid aerial landing lag rather than having autocancel points after the hitbox). Its also worth noting that some aerials autocancel after the iasa because of sloppy coding (see Snake's bair and dair). GW's aerials don't have autocancel points at all. Look at the coding for them it'z lulzy the mistakes you can find.

EDIT x2: autocancel points
nair: 27, Fair: 26, Bair: 20, Uair: 15, Dair: 37

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
How many frames do we have to punish after a banana hits?

I know it varies from character to character, but what's the most time we have to react and the least?

Pikachu has the most lag from tripping, right? Or is it GnW?

Player-1

Smash Legend
can someone get the peanut frame data? I need to know how many peanuts it's possible to shoot in an 8:00 minute match.

and then shoot even more.

Luxor

Smash Champion
we have no moves that have frame adv.
Xonar didn't mean that none of your moves had a positive frame advantage, he was questioning whether you guys had the frame (dis)advantage data at all. It's a shame that you don't, is someone getting on that?

Yikarur

Smash Master
this frame data is so confusing.
You should remove the pictures and use a smaller font and it should be better ordered. It's really no fun for me to look through this frame data.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Yeah, the data is kind of iffy and subject to doubt since he used frame advance instead of PSA. The frame advantages may not be correct either, given his disclaimer. The Smash Lab is working on all that jazz, but it's going slow and no one has done Diddy yet.

So know that someone will get on this... eventually. Bribe me and maybe I'll even do it.

...I'm starting to notice that whenever I post on the Diddy boards the whole place shuts down for 6-7 hours. :(

cong

Smash Journeyman
Anyone know what frame diddys grab comes out on?

Im assuming its 8? but can anyone confirm

cong

Smash Journeyman
hmm, Anyone got data on his spot dodge, roll and airdodge?

Thanks for the info Yikarur.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Standing Grab 6
Dash Grab 10
Pivot Grab 8
hmm actually, you can lower those three by a frame. 5, 9 and 7. It's PSA info.

Here's what I got for the rolls and stuff.

spotdodge :
startup : 1
invincible : 2-20
cooldown : iasa 25

airdodge :
startup : 2
invincible : 3-29
cooldown : 10

rolls (stands for both rolls for diddy) :
startup : 2
invincible : 3-19
cooldown : iasa 28

Yikarur

Smash Master
your PSA info ist "Start-up" not the actual frame where the hitbox/grabbox comes out.

Luxor

Smash Champion
Yeah Yeneban, if you see an asynchronous timer for 5 frames ala standing grab, the action occurs frame 6. No one in this game has a frame 5 grab IIRC. You have to add one frame whenever you see an asynch timer. I've seen it both in frame advance and other people's framw data via PSA- I know what I'm talking about.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Duh. Sounds logical, idk why I didn't realize that by myself x)

*fixing the French Diddy guide*

sai_:)

Smash Ace
psssh nobody can breakdance in 2 frames lol

but **** thatd be awesooome

cong

Smash Journeyman
Ahh, theres one more thing i need to know, if anyone would be kind enough.

When you initiate a dash, whats the earliest time you can shield, so at the start of the "fox trott" to the first instant you can put your shield up.

^^

hmm theres something else missing too, the data banana tosses.

Ingulit

Ing-u-lit
Throw Data
(I'll upload a video later)

The frame is the first frame the Banana is active after the throw animation starts. I'd love it if someone else backed me up on this.

Ground Throws:

(Regular and Smash throws are the same)

Down Throw: 6
Forward Throw: 7
Back Throw: 9
Up Throw: 11

Air Throws:

Down Throw Air: 6
Forward Throw Air: 7
Back Throw Air: 9
Up Throw Air: 11

Misc:

Glide Toss: Add 1 Frame to whichever throw you are using
JC Throw: Add 1 Frame to whichever throw you are using
OoS Standing Throw: 7

cong

Smash Journeyman
Do those rules apply to OOS Glide toss/Jump Cancel Glide toss? (adding 1 frame)

Thanks for doing that data btw.

basicly we know that jumping OOS is on frame 5 so it could be that JC toss is 2 frames faster than Glide tossing, its just a theory so i could be completely off.

tibs7

Smash Champion
if i FF an insta throw into the ground, does it cancel cooldown of the throw and just count as normal landing lag?

Top Bottom