• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social "Time to Tip the Scales!" - Robin Social Thread

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Well...after many, many failed attempts...I was able to succeed. (Thank you in-game turn saves and save states) Eldigan was the most difficult... I learned the only way to beat him was with range weapons and then have someone do the final blow. Noish ended up doing it with the slayer lance.

Don't know if I wanna play this game anymore...
You had to kill him? What happened to Lachesis?

ThunderSageNun

Nugatory
Gotta say, I love the old Spongebob and Simpsons comparisons and references made in the thread, always make me chuckle :090:

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Did someone say a Spongebob post? :awesome:

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
@ The Merc The Merc

I've actually had even worse luck than just getting it canceled. I recently tried purchasing it from eBay... The guy ripped me off and didn't send the Amiibo.

I'm dome trying to order them offline. If I see one in stores, good. If not, oh well, no Ike for me.

Célja

There's no such thing as a nornal person
NNID
EmperorBeefcake
3DS FC
2406-5854-3581
Dang it Robin, stop holding things incorrectly

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I have never seen a more appropriate reaction.
What everyone wants to do to the guy who bought the last amiibo you wanted

@ The Merc The Merc

I've actually had even worse luck than just getting it canceled. I recently tried purchasing it from eBay... The guy ripped me off and didn't send the Amiibo.

I'm dome trying to order them offline. If I see one in stores, good. If not, oh well, no Ike for me.
Aw jez, I am so sorry NSG. Truly. Can you do something about that Ebay purchase though? I can't remember what it is, but doesn't someone deal with these kind of problems?

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
What everyone wants to do to the guy who bought the last amiibo you wanted
See, on the one hand, I agree, and repping Deadpool is always welcome.

On the other hand, I have been exactly that guy. I think I even told the story here once. And I'm too pretty to be bum-rushed.

Mixed feelings.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Mixing SpongeBob with anything tends to work, at least with making me laugh
Wished I had snagged the Robin amiibo ;__;

RadiantTactician

Defender of the Outrealms
NNID
smashergal426
3DS FC
0946-3031-1836
Switch FC
SW-4594-4881-1993
Even though I'm paying quite a bit more for imported Amiibo, I suppose it's better than those gouging prices from scalpers; they're guaranteed at this point. The only one left is Lucina, and I'll be done with the craziness. ;w;

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Even though I'm paying quite a bit more for imported Amiibo, I suppose it's better than those gouging prices from scalpers; they're guaranteed at this point. The only one left is Lucina, and I'll be done with the craziness. ;w;
I would love to see your collection once finished :3

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
Meanwhile, I have my preorder in for the :4zss: amiibo, and that'll be the last of them for me (unless a Lucina or Robin happen to turn up somewhere).
Gamestop also had the Splatoon amiibo bundle up for preorder, but they want stupid money for it. €60 when I can get the game alone for €40 on Amazon, and the amiibo for €15 if I actually wanted it (which I don't).

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"

What the heck did I just find?
Oh my Naga, it so simple, it's brilliant. :D
See, on the one hand, I agree, and repping Deadpool is always welcome.

On the other hand, I have been exactly that guy. I think I even told the story here once. And I'm too pretty to be bum-rushed.

Mixed feelings.
Deadpool is pretty awesome.

Oh. oh, a story. Please do tell us, for I have not heard of this tale that you speak of.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
Oh. oh, a story. Please do tell us, for I have not heard of this tale that you speak of.
Told it a few months back, at the time of MK's release. I'll slap it in a spoiler for ya.

I have no idea how I'll get Ness, Lucina, or Robin, and no idea WHEN I'll get Dedede. I made damn sure I was at Best Buy yesterday when it opened to pick up my MK preorder though.

The best part was the line of people who had come to snap up MK. We all went in a line back to the amiibo section, found nothing but Mario, Peach, Link, and Dong, and filed back to customer service all in one motion.

Except where everyone else was filing to the complaint desk, I was alone at pickup. And I was the only one who walked out with MK.

It was beautiful.

Preorder everything, people.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The only Amiibos I want to bother getting are mostly my most fave chars and extras inbetween (:4kirby::4peach::4villager::4robinm::4marth::4pit:, possibly :4yoshi: and maybe :4lucina:)

So far I've got :4marth::4pit: and :4kirby:, now just waiting for my pre-ordered:4robinm:.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
As promised earlier today, here's the pic of my Wave 4 amiibos

Ness: PK Rockin
Wario: WaWaWario
Robin: Nightwing
Lucina: Nowicina
The next amiibos I've got preordered are Dark Pit and the three Inkling amiibos, and on the hunt for Ike as the only other Wave 3 amiibo to keep Shulk company.

redfeatherraven

Walk the Earth
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
RedTheMastermind
3DS FC
0576-4747-0597
Switch FC
SW-4098-7445-3995
How about a teapot to go with your toaster? And later on a bowl of cereal, so you'll have a complete breakfast in avatar form.
Then put it all on a scale. But don't tip it, because you need to have a balanced breakfast.

D

Deleted member

Funnily enough, Gold Mario is pretty much common to order online where I live.
Most likely because he's at an unholy price, though. The average amiibo here costs around $30, while gold Mario is three times that price, and not many stores here are willing to sell amiibos, with Nintendo's 'please understand' stock.
You live in the most unholy place for amiibos.
I never seen a Mario amiibo that is that expensive!

Gotta say, I love the old Spongebob and Simpsons comparisons and references made in the thread, always make me chuckle :090:
Spongebob is perfect for any situation. :p

Speaking of Greninja...
I love how Nintendo is totally playing along with the whole "Mewtwo vs. Greninja" thing.
Such as this (thank you @ NonSpecificGuy NonSpecificGuy )

I chuckled a little when I saw that. Heh, it looks like your water attacks aren't powered by Mewtwo's tears anymore! :p

Mixing SpongeBob with anything tends to work, at least with making me laugh
Wished I had snagged the Robin amiibo ;__;
Did you have to stand on line for one hour, only for the employees to tell you that he was sold out? ;-;

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Well...which of these avatars do you guys associate with KenithTheGatherer the most?
I ask because I am trying to decide which one to make my true "trademark" avatar, the one everyone will recognize me for.

Top Bottom