• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Wow, I just read Nich's wall. A large part of the whole first section of it is utter crap but as the post goes on, it makes more and more sense.

Nich has accurately outlined two players that are (at least according to him) exhibiting the same behavior which I find very interesting. They are subtle scum tells too which are better than overt ones.

If Nich is right, I am being majorly played by both .jpg and Nabe here.

The truth is that both of them have convinced me of their townliness by their reads and actions within the game. Its also true that both players are currently voting Nich.

I will keep all of this in the back of my head and my vote where it is for the moment.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Here is where I am at right now:

Scum: Nich, PLSD, Zen

Not Good: SK, Grey

Good: KK, July, Swiss

Town: Ran, T-Block, .JPG, Nabe

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I would have to choose Zen because I think he is faking a catchup and if PLSD is town he would be a huge asset to town.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Reyth, I want you to promise me something. If I get lynched today because of the RVS case, please go back over my cases against Nabe and Video and seriously consider how safe their play has been without contributing new info of their own. (Nabe first, I feel his behavior is more pronounced.)

iPhone post

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I would say that your strongest suit in mafia is defending. You are 100% able to make me second guess myself.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Nawww, I like his ISO too much. Reads like a scum hunter that is smooth as silk. I just need to see more evidence from him that he is town. All he has is a statement that KK is scummy and two lurkers on his scum list. No reasoning on KK either.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
I pity anyone who has to catch up to this. This might be the most active first 72 hours of a game I've seen.

Going to read pages 15-19 (current page) now. Should be talking with X1 but not sure where he is right now.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
except i'm distracted by my little brother playing mario kart right next to me.

hey Reyth, you're the only one in this game I can confidently call town. I sure hope you are :|
On a semi-related note, you have double the posts of anyone in this game... and that includes Ran. ._.

I haven't read yet, but did you elaborate on your KK and Ranmaru town reads?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Reyth I said I was catching up. My hydra logs even show that. You keep pressing this, but I can only read so much at a time. You're not even giving me a chance to prove my word. Looks to me like you're just lynch hungry. We have a week, calm down.

btw your "catch up or die" has absolutely no affect on me. The day you lead a lynch on me is a day that doesn't exist in any time line. Even if I did believe you had enough power to rally votes on me, I am unlynchable, as I said. Your vote is a waste as it is not going to make me read any faster. You're trying to lynch whoever you can, but it's not going to happen so quit trying to pick on the weak.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I don't have KK as town.

Ranmaru I have found as a sincere scum hunter all game long. From my analysis post (around #350), he has done nothing that I have agreed with except declaring the PLSD is not conf-town for his skim-tirade.

Even though I disagree with his suspicion of .jpg (which has been his main focus since my #350-ish) he has pursued it in a reasonable manner and hasn't raised any alarms for me. I think he is starting to tunnel a bit now and I would like to see him do more with other players too.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Reyth I said I was catching up. My hydra logs even show that. You keep pressing this, but I can only read so much at a time. You're not even giving me a chance to prove my word. Looks to me like you're just lynch hungry. We have a week, calm down.

btw your "catch up or die" has absolutely no affect on me. The day you lead a lynch on me is a day that doesn't exist in any time line. Even if I did believe you had enough power to rally votes on me, I am unlynchable, as I said. Your vote is a waste as it is not going to make me read any faster. You're trying to lynch whoever you can, but it's not going to happen so quit trying to pick on the weak.
Pffft. Get cracking on that catchup. If you don't think the wiill exists in this thread to hang you, you are sadly mistaken. Talk to you then. Buh-bye.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Pffft. Get cracking on that catchup. If you don't think the wiill exists in this thread to hang you, you are sadly mistaken. Talk to you then. Buh-bye.
The more you post, the more I start to have a slight distaste for you. Especially with this arrogant tone.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Because he rattled off an analysis out of his posterior after a skim and he did it like a pro. Just think what he would do if he had read the whole game.

@Zen: You are correct and I feel terrible about that but right now its the best I've got.

@KK: Please! Read his post first, THEN read mine. Also, he is HARDCORE lurking; what do you want me to do ask him to give me a hug?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
......I find your PLSD liking to be rather crap. I mean really?

Nah cuz I can do that. :chuckle:

@Zenny: Gimme a hug then would you consider joining my vote for a bit? If ya do, I will vote with you if you need our vote. Also is Reyth's attack on you more scummy or more dummy?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I'm just telling you his ability to throw that read down off the top of his head impressed me. What Zen is doing does not.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
except i'm distracted by my little brother playing mario kart right next to me.

hey Reyth, you're the only one in this game I can confidently call town. I sure hope you are :|
On a semi-related note, you have double the posts of anyone in this game... and that includes Ran. ._.

I haven't read yet, but did you elaborate on your KK and Ranmaru town reads?
I dislike this post for that one sentence heavily.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I dunno. That hydra log looked fake to me. But anway, as soon as Zen gets back with his reads and everything we can all move beyond that, right?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Duh it was fake, it was Zen talking to himself. What about his reads seemed fake?

Also congratz that you have PLSD in your scum-category but I honestly couldn't tell by the way you compare him to Zen. Reyth, is the main reason you dislike Zen is because he is poking at you a bit?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Wat?? They guy never hardly talked to me all game. I've parked my vote on a lurker that's about it KK.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
....why are you feigning ignorance when quite a few posts Zen has made has been responding to you?

I've also asked you what's difference between PLSD and Zen in terms of lurking. Zen hasn't said he "refuses" to post until later unlike PLSD. I am honestly curious where you are getting this type of talk Reyth.

Explain cie vou plea. (idk french :rolleyes:)

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ok I'll let you scum hunt me even if it is very clumsy here.

1) I'm not feigning ignorance -- the simple fact is I don't care if he was a beautiful and virtuous woman that proposed marriage ITT, I"m voting his carcass because he's hardcore lurking.

2) Between the two lurkers that I could park my vote on, I prefer not to vote PLSD because he ultimately demonstrated an ability to read the game very well; something that Zen has not.

3) Can you please scum hunt me with something that is more enjoyable to talk about because this is kind of bland and boring.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Ok I'll let you scum hunt me even if it is very clumsy here.

1) I'm not feigning ignorance -- the simple fact is I don't care if he was a beautiful and virtuous woman that proposed marriage ITT, I"m voting his carcass because he's hardcore lurking.
Hard core lurking = posting in the thread but ignoring you?

Reyth said:
2) Between the two lurkers that I could park my vote on, I prefer not to vote PLSD because he ultimately demonstrated an ability to read the game very well; something that Zen has not.
[Collapse=PLSD+Reyth]
Yeah, mighty coincidence. Vig me for all I care, I'm honestly not that motivated to read this game and probably still won't be after Laundry comes back.

From what I've seen Degray's comments towards you have been pretty mild in diction compared to what he's capable of posting. He says in thread that he's tired and that he'll comment on stuff toMorrow and you jump on him immediately saying that he should get off his lazy *** and do something instead of just arguing down lynches. Where did that aggression come from? Doesn't seem genuine.

And how should I know about Zen, I haven't read the thread yet. The only post that comes to mind is something about the thread being on crack.
PLSD has just been promoted to Scum from Bad! Congratulations!
Please don't tell me the majority of posts in this thread are from Reyth.
@PLSD: If you had read the thread you would know that Grey has posted like "I"m the ***" with all kinds of ott stuff and hasn't even voted ONCE all game. He just recently came out with a scum list that appears as convenient to me. Frankly, he deserves any pressure he is getting.
O MAN, I am so close to voting you and there IS the will in this thread to hang you.
You first and get cracking on some content. kthxbai.
And I thought one Ranmaru was bad enough. It seems we literally have two of them now.

I'll give you content when I damn well feel like it. If you have a problem with it, vote me and move on with your life. I honestly don't feel like being talked down on by an arrogant novice.

Ranmaru still playing really OOC.
I've skimmed from about 540 to the present.
This is brilliant. The experienced master skims 50 posts and enlightens us with his awesome (read totally off the mark) reads and tells anyone calling him on his terrible play a novice.

Wow I am very impressed.

Get back to me with some content if you want me to listen to you.
Reyth has a case on SK and wants him dead. Degray doesn't agree with his reasoning and says what he has seen on the SK case is weak. You side with Reyth and then get all aggressive @ Degray for not doing **** and being lazy despite him saying he was tired. Zen is catchup up. July makes a caseish thing on Degray that I didn't bother reading. You think videogames is scummier than Dgray.

What I learned in 10 minutes of skimming.

night'
Well I must say that is impressive. When he does catch up he will be quite te an asset if he is town. /sincerity
[/collapse]

He basically just skimmed the entire page, not give anything to discussion but you acknowledge him because he has a coherrant reading ability? Whereas when someone who actually gives reads and things, is more deserving of a "lurking" vote?

Also you went from hating PLSD to liking him more just because he can summarize things.

Reyth said:
3) Can you please scum hunt me with something that is more enjoyable to talk about because this is kind of bland and boring.
You are a very....idk what to call you yet type of person. :p Also this isn't scum-hunting per say but trying to understand how you got from Point A to Point J (heh) almost hap-hazardly.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
1) No, active lurking is defined as posting in the thread WITH NO CONTENT.
2) My final post on PLSD in that exchange counts; he is still scum and lynchable if he doesn't catch up and provide content. Ya his ability to do that IMPRESSED me. I like that he was able to do that; its a valuable skill for town.
3) I don't see it as A-J, more like A-Apples; like waaaat?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
1) No, active lurking is defined as posting in the thread WITH NO CONTENT.
But he has content. :chuckle: Whereas PLSD has none whatsoever.

Reyth said:
2) My final post on PLSD in that exchange counts; he is still scum and lynchable if he doesn't catch up and provide content. Ya his ability to do that IMPRESSED me. I like that he was able to do that; its a valuable skill for town.
That's a bit shallow. So anyone that can read is an asset to town?

Reyth said:
3) I don't see it as A-J, more like A-Apples; like waaaat?
:rolleyes:

Reyth

Smash Rookie
His content is that he is a lonely VT. That's NOT content.

True but PLSD demonstrated a kewl skill, Zen hasn't done that. Its a skill to be able to rattle of a series of several points off the top of your head in succession and do it with proper reasoning. Why do you think there are so many lurkers, voters without reasoning, people with orignal cases and such like that? It takes skill.

Would you like me to help you scum hunt me with a more relevant topic?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
His content is that he is a lonely VT. That's NOT content.
Da hell? :laugh: Look I just showed you Zen had content within that hydra log that even held reads on players.

Reyth said:
True but PLSD demonstrated a kewl skill, Zen hasn't done that. Its a skill to be able to rattle of a series of several points off the top of your head in succession and do it with proper reasoning. Why do you think there are so many lurkers, voters without reasoning, people with orignal cases and such like that? It takes skill.
You do realize both scum and town can do this? Also Zen also exhibited this "kewl skill" with his post. xD

Reyth said:
Would you like me to help you scum hunt me with a more relevant topic?
I think you stopped reading what I've said. :(

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ya I guess the format of the "hydra" log did kind of throw me. I didn't even log it really.

Look it should be obvious I won't have a case on Zen once he catches up properly right?

Wouldn't you be up in arms no matter which of PLSD or Zen I chose?

Gosh since, you are here. I really don't understand your .jpg case. How much of that is based on meta?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Well to me, it just seems like he is being misinterpreted. I get a profile of someone that is sincerely scum hunting and I see the accusations that he is just sheeping to be ott. I don't think he fits the profile of the scum suspect you are describing. Somebody that is trying to hide as scum and just coattail wouldn't be picking up on that Nabe-Nich-Sk thing for instance.

Top Bottom