• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
He hasn't been able to post w.r.t. that yet so how can you even say something like your last sentence. :glare:

In fact, he's been gone ever since X1-12's rage/whining post. Besides slightly buddying you.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ya we've buddied each other; mainly because we have both agreed in thread about certain topics.

What? I don't recall anyone mentioning the Nabe-Nich-Sk thing but me. It is something I noticed about him that showed me he was genuinely scum hunting. I'm just pointing it out to give you some demonstration of an original scum hunting mindset.

But look, I won't interfere. I think your probe is worthwhile because obviously I have blind spots and so don't worry, I'll pay attention.

Would you like me to vote PLSD now?

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Smh.

Okay look, vote whom you want. I'm not telling you who you should vote for. However if I see someone using BS logic, I call them out on it. If you feel PLSD is scummier then Zen, by all means.

Atm for me it is going VG.jpg>Degray/PLSD.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Kawaii, have you read my nabe case yet? It's like the case on video games, but much more pronounced.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@KK: Well I have no problem joining you on a PLSD wagon if he doesn't do a proper catchup. I will also join you on a Grey wagon if he doesn't prove his worth. I don't see myself joining you on a .jpg wagon barring some new revelation.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
I'm still developing a thought to it. Give me about 10-15 minutes to re-read it please. Also there is something about Kat's individual post that bugs me...but I can't put my finger on it.

Reyth, do you think the Zen wagon will go anywhere? (srs question)

Reyth

Smash Rookie
If he doesn't catch up within three days his wagon will light up like July 4th, yes.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Everybody has expressed their desire to lynch both PLSD and Zen for their lurking; I am one of them. Its a question that doesn't need answering; its as natural as breathing.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Kay, while you do that. I'm gonna push people who are actually here for the time being.

Save a seat on the PLSD wagon if my events turn unfruitful. :chuckle:

Now onto Nichy-boy.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
And for your information, I am stuck in neutral on my reads right now. I am revewing the game for a better place for my vote.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
PLSD has just been promoted to Scum from Bad! Congratulations!
You probably shouldn't post your reads constantly. If nothing else, it gives scum an idea of what you do/don't like in real time, and they can adjust accordingly.

You first and get cracking on some content. kthxbai.
And I think someone already said, but there's a lot of aggression in this thread! And most of it doesn't seem to be coming from Ryker! Odd.

I'm reading the part where PLSD first starts posting, what he's said thus far is null. For skimming, his thoughts seem reasonable, though based on meta.. And I think Laundry returns from V/LA tomorrow, so I imagine content will hopefully come from them after that point. If it never does, lynching them's fine by me.

I'm in the isle of wight for a couple of days this week, hopefully there's WIFI there, if not then I'm going to be in the isle of PAIN.
fixed that for you.

Anyway, at the moment my dislike list would be video, Degray, PLSD, and Zen (the first two are stronger reads then the last two, who have just been inactive).
Ignoring the inactives, you have me and Degrey on there. How do you feel about the fact that I have been focusing a lot on Degrey, saying he looks scummy to me? And the fact that he's pretty much ignoring me and July? (at least to the point I've read)

How do you plan to deal with this issue? If you were to place your vote between Dgrey and Zen, who would it be between and why??
oh god the formatting.

As of your post, I would rather vote Degrey of course because the things he's done actually look scummy. Zen can wait for now.

Really nice to see Reyth's 354, it's a fresh perspective, really good for checking my reads. I agree vehemently with his examination of Nich, he's a full scum read as of 354. A lot of insight into July and her being a thorough player, that's something I've never noticed but it's definitely valid looking back. I have a scum lean there, I haven't decided if it has anything to do with alignment but I do think she's playing differently.
thanks for pointing that out, I forgot to read it thoroughly the first time but I'm reading it now. I know X1 agrees with at least the July analysis, he expressed the same consternation at her unvote after Soup only made a single post. I'm personally putting July as null for now, other than that I know that I agree with her push on Degrey.

ok anyway, 354 is obviously by a town poster. It doesn't smell like BS at all.

more coming

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
1. SK says Kuz Is town then says it was really null?
2. SK posts more content.
3. SK: Why Tblock? Already see DGrey scumminess.
4. Tblock: So, what do you care of who I ask PL?
5. Nabe: He obv hasn’t. *regarding Zen reading
6. Nabe: expand on this slip from Nich.
7. Nabe: I didn’t assume how he came to KK scum, I agreed that he was also slightly suspicious. Although I mentioned earlier it was based on connections, and based on their self play I am liking them.
8. Nabe: Still the same, I did like SK's new stances. Didn’t like the Kuz Town thing gambit though. Read is still the same.
9. Nabe: I wasn’t whiteknighting Reyth. I was just peeved that he’d come in to direct lynches when he hasn’t even pushed his own. Reyth can defend himself.
10. Nabe: not liking your Nich vote bro.
11. Reyth: wtf are you doing? Why are you voting Nich?
12. Reyth: I’m not tunneling. And I’m fine on lynching Jpg TODAy.
13. Lmao at Zen being able to read me well. Tell me where you have done that correctly.
14. Yo, Jpg, get at my #559 plz k thx.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'm also liking KK more from his interactions with Reyth.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13069848&postcount=634 why does this seem so defensive? I understand responding to accusations, but it's like he REALLY wants Nabe to think he's town.

This is cool, I didn't notice this.
Are you (and Swiss) saying this is a scumslip from T-block? Because I didn't read it that way at all. He's just saying he has a big ego.
He has a big ego whether he's scum or town, btw.

Nabe I saw afterwards

**** u :c
Do you lurk the thread and wait for irrelevant things to reply to specifically?

@Ran: ok I'll get to your 559.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Alrighty Nichy-boy. :chuckle: I have fully re-read your Nabe case and I've come to a conclusion!

It's not very strong sadly imo. It is lacking in convincing me that he is scum or anything that he has done is actually scummy. So based on your case, it doesn't change anything really of my NabeTown read and I can't say I even agree to your comparison between Nabe/VG.jpg. I feel those two are pretty different in comparison.

Sorry duder. ^^"

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Is this the only conclusion you can draw from that exchange? How are you viewing July's, Kangeroo's, Jpeg's and SoupaFunkyChickarn's take on it all out of curiosity? Do you think Degrey succeeded in making Nich more correctly expressive? In what way?
That's the only conclusion there is to draw. Nich argues that Gray should get a lynch and says some stuff but doesn't back it up, they argue for a bit, Gray leaves. Did all those people have takes on it? It bleeds right into Reyth/Swiss arguing, do you mean somewhere else? And no, Nich hasn't changed at all for the better, if anything he's become harder to talk to.

Considering you would have naturally kept going after Swiss, what does reyth dropping the issue mean to you to have mentioned this?
Town read implied; like I said, as scum freshly meeting Swiss I'd have stayed the course, thinking it would be fruitful.

@your read of July: I didn't read Pizza and have never played with her before, sadly. What differences are you noticing here that differs from her Town play in a game like, say, Bingo?
I don't remember Bingo aside from my cop gambit. Actually I also remember thinking July was scum, although she was Pink Lemonade at the time. Her scum play in Pizza was good, and the game's a good read overall if I do say so myself, haha. I couldn't mark her down for it really (she shares MVP) but I had some gut feelings that her posts were scummy and I'm feeling the same here. Gut of course is Russian meaning "I don't know what's wrong", and although Reyth put some good words to it like her not being thorough, I don't think that's the full scope of it.

I can only give my interpretation as a bystander as I didn't have much input at the start of the game and Soup is the personification of hyper :chuckle:

As far as I'm seeing, the mechanics reasoning wasn't the only cause of the original vote. The mechanics reasoning in conjunction with T-block being "not subtle" in his approach to D1 both contributed to Soup's hyper vote. Additionally, Soup stated fair enough to your points against his at that early exchange, which I believe didn't make him "begrugdingly admit" being convinced by your posts - I took this as him merely accepting your point of view... as a point of view. Saying this, it's easier for me to read the intent behind Soup's posts as a bystander because he is my town buddy - because of this I accept your analysis on us as being reasonable but you've read the early exchange wrong.
Soup said fair enough after I said the same response to him multiple times. It looked to me like he was acknowledging what he already knew, that he was wrong. It was a concession.

As for the other issues: when have wii posted sparsely after that, and what? What is your null read on my specific post based off of btw?
It's null because I don't have anything to think about it, it's just some questions and comments. And posting sparsely as in not often and not about anything in particular, and in short posts. Maybe I'm remembering it wrong now that I think of it, but nothing he said was memorable so that's likely why.

Did you answer my previous post? =?
Which post, sorry?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
@JPG:

Well I would like to see some more from you then. Give me your 3 scum picks with reasoning please. I do not think that matters. Degrey is pretty obvscum and anyone can say that, so I do not think that would be a valid reason to let her off the hook if you genuinely felt she was by standing. It felt more like a threat. Btw, why do you think Reyth is town?
First let me respond to the bolded.

What? If Degrey is obvscum, why don't we lynch him right now? Have you put your vote on him at all? Why not?

No, I wasn't threatening July. I was saying I was keeping my eye on her, but for the moment we agree too much for me to consider voting for her.

I think Reyth is town because he hasn't done a single thing I think is scummy. I either agree with his stances, or agree with his thought processes. I also think that if he were scum, he would have found an excuse to vote for me at some point, as I am or was one of the highest wagons.

I'll get to scumpicks after I'm finished rereading, and preferably after talking to X1. I'll have to reread Nick and talk in-depth about that, X1 said he was town that was playing poorly, but I never felt that confident, and there still seems to be general dislike of his slot.

#HBC | Nabe

Because I'm trying to reason with Reyth, I like his content and the fact that he is scumhunting, but I want him to really think about how genuine DeGrey's posts feel, and not just the ones from earlier, all of them up to this point. I was reaffirming my stance that Reyth seems to be genuinely scumhunting even though I disagree with some of his reads, so I disagree its out of place.
It looks more persuasive to me, as if you're waggling a town read in his face.

No thank you, my vote is on DeGrey.

Errr what is Watson?
Watson as in the foil to Sherlock (me). Don't worry about it, I don't see it working out after all.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Jpg:

Because you are scummier to me. My vote is on you, Jpg.

It seemed fake to me, thus I didn't like it.

Ok, meaning you'd vote along with him no? What did you think of each person Reyth voted? Would you vote them?

Yes, you do that soon because I want some scumhunting from you.

@Reyth: What do you think of the last line in Jpg's #779?

#HBC | Nabe

Nabe, Finally got around to looking at those posts and they seem to revolve more around the wording of Nichy's posts. I mean yes, it could be taken as a scum-slip, but it could also just as easily be a slip of the mind.
You wound me.
I don't think this is the sort of evidence to just be thrown away. I really really think this is a scumslip. We use words to illustrate what we think, it's really simple. Wording is incredibly important in this game and we need to be held accountable and you're pretty much suggesting it's meaningless?

@SK specifically the Kata head, P155 and P377 re: a potential scumslip from Nich, please take a look.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hard reads to make. Ran town, VG idk, TB town lean. VG hasn't posted enough, or at least not enough before post 400 which is where I'm at. Ran is just hard to read but I don't see connections between him and others, and I don't see scum posturing. TB could be posturing in a few posts and his tunnel on Nich is aggressive, but I like that he didn't fully sign on to Reyth's Nich read and questioned him on it. He could've tried for a wagon.
And good ol' Nabe continues his tradition of posting stances only when asked and not giving that much info with WHY player X is town/scum. Even when he does give details, notice the vagueness. For example, "TB could be posturing in a few posts", that's great, WHICH posts? It's not something that would help anyone else scumhunt, and it's hard for anyone to call it out (even T-block) without knowing which posts he's talking about. The reads are still quite safe. Ran has been obv-town to most people, he calls him town. VG is liked by some people, disliked by others, he calls it null. TB is mostly liked, it's a town lean. Nothing here is remotely risky or lends insight into Nabe's reasoning.

Not sure what you mean by expressing a like for DeGray's posts. A Ryker read is elusive and changing like the tides, and generally I try to rely on others to read him for me. Reyth has a decent read on him that I like, and he wouldn't be so obvious about setting up a Nich lynch, as Reyth said as well. Although Reyth meant it in a general "why would scum do that" sense, it makes sense when it's Ryker specifically. I'm not a fan of his posts, but I'm eager to see Raz show up and to hear more from the two of them, since as Ryker said he's being somewhat reserved until then.
Great, he's relying on other people to read Degrey for him. Of course, since there's varying opinions on Degrey (from scum to null and I think one person said town), this lets him pick whatever read he wants at a later date.

*snip*
There's a Nich/DeGray XvX around 450 that's different from the T-block/Nich XvX earlier. DeGray is right in that Nich needs to express his point more correctly, the rest of this is just BS.
So, most of Degrey's stuff is complete crap... no details on why this doesn't affect his read on Degrey at all, of course. And since just about everyone's disagreed with Degrey's stuff at one point or another, it's (take a guess) a SAFE stance!

There's a lot of Reyth/Swiss and Reyth not getting Swiss which is natural. Reyth drops the issue where I'd have kept going as scum if faced with Swiss anew.
Insinuating that it's TvT without saying it outright. Although there's a slight bit of helpful detail (an anomaly for Nabe), it's a slight town tell on the most obv-town person in the game. Yeah, nothing groundbreaking.

Liking Swiss' exam on Ran and fully understanding what he thinks of his result. Swiss voiced a town read on Ran earlier though which is a bit incongruous. Town on Swiss despite that, he jumps reads often enough as town.

Really weird 500 from Ran that assumes to know why Swiss thinks KK is scum.
This breaks the pattern a bit in that he mentions something he likes about swiss along with a town read. However, it's nothing major, and certainly not enough to stand against the tide of evidence against him.

And since all of this was more than 130 posts ago (WHEN he posted it), and he doesn't quote the post, it's unlikely he'll get called out on anything (especially since it's hidden as a minor point).

Swiss did this? Ran seems to think so in 504 but where did it happen?

J, why do you assume in 506 that Ran's Reyth read is town?

What is this in reference to? I must be skimming between this and 503, lol.

Ran, what do you think of SK based on more current stuff?
More of Nabe's trademark safe questioning.

Agreed with the second. The first part though is heavy-handed and I'm not at all suspicious of SK for what seems standard from Kat at least. I think you're taking this for more than it is.
A little detail on his persistent suspect, SK, mentioning that Reyth raises a good point

SK for their part is taking this back and forth very evenly.
But also mentioning that SK is responding well. He could go either way with his supposed read on SK at this point, by either focusing on the case already made, or SK's good defense.

Reyth has a very interesting persuasive style, we don't see that at all around here. Directly talking to people and trying to pull their votes, very focused and aggressive which is good, if unusual.
More buddying of Reyth.

Ran defensive of Reyth in 561? Odd since he called Gray/Nich white-knighting when this is clearly white-knighting and Gray's wasn't. Really bizarre even from Ran.
Even when he occasionally focuses on someone not named Nicholas1024, he's very non-confrontational, noting that it's odd, and bizzare, but not actually calling it scummy.

Can't be, I answered the question in his 238.

???

PTSD comes in for a minute to *****, dislike.
Has anyone actually liked PTSD?

Done with the read.

Feeling really good about Reyth from early play, his niggling about wording and phrasing is exactly how I play and 377 could've (should've) come from my mouth. Reyth is taking some things at face value when he shouldn't be but hey. Town read.
Nabe, quit trying to pretend you're FE-style Overswarm. (For reference, OS agreed with all my reads and buddied me hard, and I fell for it.) STILL more buddying of Reyth.

After reading up I can understand the VG scum read some people are expressing. Specifically I'm reminded of X1's play with me in Pulp and how he was accused of sheeping. Still haven't seen nearly enough from this slot.
You know, I believe I made a case on that, but he doesn't mention it at all in his overwhelming hate of me. It would probably be inconvenient to fit into his "MUST BE SCUM FROM ONE POST" case.

Reyth didn't say you're town, he said he's leaving you aside for now. Regardless, I like Reyth's reasoning and I think you made a slip and I think you're scum. Why would I care what Reyth thinks now?
Well, you have buddied him on everything else, so...

More seriously, you were convinced by his reasoning for voting, shouldn't you take a look at his reasoning for unvoting? Or would you rather push your very safe case on me to coast by for a little longer?

A lack of proofreading which led to a scumslip? If you had posted an image of your role PM and it said scum, that would be worth a crucifixion in the same way that this is.
So basically you're saying that the one post is a 100% no room for error automatic scum tell? Wow, I'm impressed you can say that with a straight face. I'll repeat, townies do make these kinds of errors, my case in point would be Overswarm in Mario Kart Mafia.

Cool, take it to social thread. In this game, we're having a discussion not about blaming you, but about how you'd have made an easy mislynch in FE. The shot at Zen was ridiculous (was he even trying to intimidate you?) and the post from X1 was backing up my opinion re: the mislynch thing which has nothing to do with blame and everything to do with your play specifically.
I don't need to argue this any more, but there's no reason for it to be scummy. What point is there in scum bringing it up? You can't call it fake contribution since I've made no less than 3 original cases at this point in the game, been very active, and it's still D1.

I want to emphasize once more to everyone, look at motivation. What motivation is there for me to bring up Fire Emblem? None, neither townie nor scum motivation. It's a null tell. What motivation is there for Nabe (who had recently been inactive) to push a case on the safest target in the game? Use your imagination.

I'm going after you because I read up and saw that you'd dropped a scumslip. How is that unclear? Reyth also had a good read on you that I took to heart, and I decided to ignore the meta that would suggest that you're not scum but just town playing poorly. Prior to my read I was unsure, and now I'm not. Re: other scumreads, I have SK scum and July as a lean. Which is unimportant and doesn't detract from the validity of anything I have to say about you.

Vote: Nich
So, can I take that as an admittance that my meta would be a town-tell on me in this case?

You missed the sentence regardless of alignment. But the sentence is still there and looks like a scumslip. Why are you arguing this?
Because I'm town. And I'm not about to let you mislynch me without a fight, and I've got the evidence I need to put you on the chopping block.

You were abrasive to Zen and dismissive to VG. That's bad! :bee:
lol. If insults are a scum tell, then Degrey should be dead already.

I think it's a scumslip because I think you literally put your thoughts "on paper" as it were. As town you wouldn't have done that. I don't know why someone would write and post something they didn't mean or think they meant to say.
I do tend to put my thoughts on paper (so to speak), and sometimes that entails questions like "If I'm scum, why would I do this?". It only takes a single word missed to make a "slip" like that. For example, take away the if in the above sentence, and it's "I'm scum, why would I do this?", which is quite in line with the "slip" Nabe's trying to push a mislynch over.

My read on you didn't change. It sharpened based on some well-said points and a perceived scumslip.
By the way, in my case I dug up a quote from you right before you went inactive, where you said I was more likely dumb town than scum. Contradiction much?

Hilariously, even if he wasn't lying, that makes him look bad as well, as that would mean not one strong read of his actually changed upon reading half the game for the first time. I find that extremely unlikely for a townie. Of course he'll claim he had a different stance on someone prior to this, as thanks to him conveniently only claiming a few select stances in early game (That he had to be asked for!) nobody can prove otherwise.

This is either false or not expressed properly, and the statement itself suggests I'm not allowed to form and hold my own reads.
Nah. I just find it extremely unlikely that a good townie (which you are when you're town) could read through half the game for the first time, and have no significant read changes.

I don't know what to call it, aside from a bad vote.
I'd say I've proved otherwise. Other then your case on me (which was made by going back and taking the points from other people's arguments that I had trouble refuting, and was necessary from an activity standpoint anyway), every single thing you've done has been categorized by one word.

Safe.

You haven't actually contributed anything to town, but you've done an admirable job of faking it through your constant questioning. (By the way, thanks for admitting you question a lot as scum, it makes my job as a townie easier.) Good game, now die.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Kawaii, when you're finished reading my analysis of Nabe's recent posts, could you tell me why you think Nabe is town in as much detail as possible? My scum read on him is based on subtle but consistent tells. To summarize it, he's always asking questions and will answer others' questions promptly, but what has he actually added to the game by himself? What are his own reads with his own reasoning behind them? What differentiates him from scum blending in and fake contributing? The answer is... NOTHING.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Swiss did this [direct night PRs]? Ran seems to think so in 504 but where did it happen?
Zen can die at the earliest convenience. Vig but don't cop.
I lol'd. I also agree, unless Zen manages to do something worthwhile. I think townZen could be an asset if he actually put in effort :embarrass:

Early on, .jpg caught that you knew that it was Nich's first time playing with SK (knowledge you might of gleaned from a scum QT). This helped to cement an early town read for me on .jpg.
And that was exactly my thought process. You seriously pay attention.

People are talking about Nick's #155 being a scumslip.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13056730&postcount=155
I'm guessing they're talking about the "b)" part, right?
It certainly does sound like it's coming from someone with a guilty conscience, I guess. I didn't catch it, myself.

#HBC | Nabe

Scumslip is in regards to 155 and Reyth's explanation around 377, scroll up for the red text.

Probably not reading/responding to Nich. Someone let me know if that's a bad call but from a quick skim it seems like the right call.

Nich, do you really think I'm scum? It seems to me that it shouldn't take an ISOread (kudos on championing through it though) to amass a bunch of small pseudo reasons why I'm scum when you've been active and posting all game, and that if you can't condense it into something of value, it's probably not worth reading. I'm an expert on both ISOs and walls in my own right but I'm not going to read garbage, and certainly not freshly culled garbage. Mold it into something.

July

Smash Apprentice
I'm seriously thinking of voting for Grey actually.
Nawww, I like his ISO too much. Reads like a scum hunter that is smooth as silk. I just need to see more evidence from him that he is town. All he has is a statement that KK is scummy and two lurkers on his scum list. No reasoning on KK either.
This is very superficial, and I don't like that when we are dealing with someone as dangerous as Ryker. His posts may be smooth but what do you think are his reasons for not answering any questions I or anyone other than Swiss have asked him? What do you think about his questions addressed to much of the player list that for the most part he didn't follow up on? Do you see pro-town motivation behind those actions?

I feel like you are giving him a lot more leeway than other players based on his playstyle even after you worry that Nabe and Videogames could be playing you because they have convinced you of their towniness through reads and actions, but you don't seem as focused on motivation.

Same goes for this:

His content is that he is a lonely VT. That's NOT content.

True but PLSD demonstrated a kewl skill, Zen hasn't done that. Its a skill to be able to rattle of a series of several points off the top of your head in succession and do it with proper reasoning. Why do you think there are so many lurkers, voters without reasoning, people with orignal cases and such like that? It takes skill.

Would you like me to help you scum hunt me with a more relevant topic?
I actually feel like Zen has been providing more content than PLSD, PLSD is just very good at providing "content" in an appealing manner, but it hasn't been the kind of content that allows you to get a solid read. At least with Zen I know some of the players he likes and dislikes, I can't remember any stances from PLSD and thats because I don't think any exist yet.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yes, Nabe is my #1 scum read. Aside from him I'd likely vote video or degrey.

So Nabe likely can't answer my case and instead tries to dismiss it as garbage. Not buying it. I bet he'll find my responses to his case and try to tear those apart though.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Interesting to note you're worried I have lots of town reads. It's not as if I always get town reads fast (and correct), is it?

Owait.
Only when you're scum ofc :awesome:

also @vanz: ^what do you think of the above analysis? also eye don't agree with your read on jpeg. Why is he one of your top scum reads? How can you convince us?_Currently I'd most likely lynch between Zen/Dgrey/possibly T-Block, and where on earth is the sex dance of the prehistoric variety???.
:phone:
I agree with what July said too! You're train of thought is slightly confusing, but if you are essentially saying the same thing as her I agree.

The scummy case on vg has been presented by my womanly half, though I do dislike vg as well. I'm not up to date atm so I'll let J's words resound on this.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Yes, Nabe is my #1 scum read. Aside from him I'd likely vote video or degrey.
Oh haha the question was directed at Nabe but thanks for the added info.

Nichy said:
So Nabe likely can't answer my case and instead tries to dismiss it as garbage. Not buying it. I bet he'll find my responses to his case and try to tear those apart though.
Nichy, not to sound mean but the case is pretty much not that good. =/ It's reaching as all else and doesn't really show how Nabe is scum to me.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Can you answer my #788 then?
Wow I am sorry! I didn't see your post.

Kawaii, when you're finished reading my analysis of Nabe's recent posts, could you tell me why you think Nabe is town in as much detail as possible? My scum read on him is based on subtle but consistent tells. To summarize it, he's always asking questions and will answer others' questions promptly, but what has he actually added to the game by himself? What are his own reads with his own reasoning behind them? What differentiates him from scum blending in and fake contributing? The answer is... NOTHING.
I will get to you on this in a second haha. Seems like you want a lot of detail so I'm gonna try and give it to ya. However you have kindof poisoned the water with your last line buuut I'll knuckle down through it.

I see the manly side is ninja'ing me with good stuff.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
Unvote, Vote: Nabe
whoa what's going on here.
Still reading, but in the meantime I'll post some hydra notes:
you're... a hydra?

I don't like Nich's Nabe vote AT ALL.

Analyzing it for motivation...

@Nich: Apart from the fact that Nabe is voting you for a valid scum tell and an overall early scum profile, don't you read Nabe as obv-town?
again, I agree. I officially invite Nabe to join Reyth and I in the townzone.
I have the strange urge to invite T-block as well, but I'll hold off on that for now.

If I need to get slapped for this I give everyone permission in advance BUT does anyone think that Grey's posting in red is a post restriction?
Didn't the mod tell him to stop?
And I don't even notice since this account has custom text colors turned off.

...wgat.

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13071151&postcount=702 too long for now, I'm trying to catch up and will get back to this later.

By the way, just so Nabe doesn't accuse me of dodging, if I don't answer his new points on me by Tuesday evening (although I really hope to answer them tomorrow or tonight, best case scenario), you guys can go ahead and wagon me.
I don't like it when people say "go ahead and vote me if ____" like that.
Thinking back to DatHydra begging to be lynched in Ducktales because "he had a permanent modvote so scum could alpha strike him in lylo"
He was scum. :c

Wow, I just read Nich's wall. A large part of the whole first section of it is utter crap but as the post goes on, it makes more and more sense.

Nich has accurately outlined two players that are (at least according to him) exhibiting the same behavior which I find very interesting. They are subtle scum tells too which are better than overt ones.

If Nich is right, I am being majorly played by both .jpg and Nabe here.

The truth is that both of them have convinced me of their townliness by their reads and actions within the game. Its also true that both players are currently voting Nich.

I will keep all of this in the back of my head and my vote where it is for the moment.
I'll definitely have to get to reading his post, then.

However, I unvoted quite some time ago.

Nawww, I like his ISO too much. Reads like a scum hunter that is smooth as silk. I just need to see more evidence from him that he is town. All he has is a statement that KK is scummy and two lurkers on his scum list. No reasoning on KK either.
Talking about Degrey here?

I find it disturbing that his prediction about Nick is turning to be mostly true. It seems like the majority of content I'm reading has something to do with Nick. If Nick is town, then Degrey's done a good job of setting you all off and slinking back into the shadows. If Nick's scum, then good job. Still gonna go over this one with X1 before I give a solid stance on Nick.

I don't have KK as town.

Ranmaru I have found as a sincere scum hunter all game long. From my analysis post (around #350), he has done nothing that I have agreed with except declaring the PLSD is not conf-town for his skim-tirade.

Even though I disagree with his suspicion of .jpg (which has been his main focus since my #350-ish) he has pursued it in a reasonable manner and hasn't raised any alarms for me. I think he is starting to tunnel a bit now and I would like to see him do more with other players too.
Earlier in the game, when the wagon on me was I think Nick, Ran, KK, I thought to myself "at least one of Ran or KK is probably scum." I was definitely leaning toward KK, but as I said earlier, I can't remember most of what he's done, it's just a gut right now. I'll definitely be rereading him as well. X1 also said "Kawaii's push on us is terrible and haven't paid much attention but if it was Vandy behind that I'd be inclined to say they're scum, but not certain."

Another thing he said about Degrey: "Also if DeGrey just wants Nich to live, why didn't he just, build a better case on a scummier player? rather than piss about with all these random scenario shenanigans?"

Duh it was fake, it was Zen talking to himself. What about his reads seemed fake?
It was? :facepalm:

Done with page 19, skimmed the latter half of it. After what happened on page 19 of Pulp Fiction, I'm going to boldly proclaim that page 19 of games is just a bickering waste.

On to 20!

#HBC | Nabe

If one more person says dumb or scum I might puke, no lie.

I like KK here, Reyth is arguing a bad point that I'd have called him on as well re: PTSD.

Asdioh skimming 354 lol but it's good that you caught on.

773 makes me cry Ran, please use quotes or expand etc.

He has a big ego whether he's scum or town, btw.
Well yeah. I've been playing with Ryker since you were in the crib, boy. But again, it's a wording thing. This one I'm throwing away because there's ambiguity to it, it's not proof of anything.

Top Bottom