• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Reyth

Smash Rookie
2) is exactly why the fast claim comparison is not valid. By the very nature of the gambit, the fake claim in the MS game cannot be a safe claim unless Ran knew it was a gambit, and it's clear he didn't. That is not the case in this game - his claim could easily have been a safe claim that he wanted to give early to make it more believable or w/e.
QFT. This applies to all the people that have said similar things about Ran's claim be townie for revealing his "role".

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Wow, that's not even something incredibly early like you were implying. I definitely was solid as hell in my read there. I wanted him lynched because he's so wrong about everything that wasn't easy to say. Yes, a serious factor in this is that I was one of his biggest scumspects this entire game and he knows better than that. He was also wrong on my motivations for things I know that slot is more than capable of reasoning out into null tells.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Having played enough with Broto, this is the case.

@Broto: Lemme catch up. You've claimed indy, there's a gogdamn cop claim with a guilty on the table, Zen's useless and Hick's a distraction. I have to prioritize a guilty over an indy but you're still next to go if everyone's being honest.

But it's mafia. You're you. I doubt it.
Wow that is completely out of the loop. Sucks bro, get at it. I promise the pages I'm making happen now are interesting to read and won't be painful.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Aha! Good catch. The easy and convenient "Grey is scummmmmie!" banter that went on early...

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Man, actually being on my ADHD medication makes me want to post about random things MORE than being off them.

For example, I generally don't take it during the summer, I only take it when I have **** to do today.

Speaking of **** to do, Laundry, I'm SOOOOOOO full of ideas for our project right now, so I'm going to pull you from mafia when I finally get done with it.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
Not really, but I enjoy discussing it. Same as the conversation I offered Nich, but this is something that's done with in a few quick posts and is easily done with.

I guess I could be misrepresented if people called me out for trying to get others to adopt Swiss's town read on me, but mainly I did it talking to you who, on a matter of pride, would take your own read on me over his unless Kuz made a SOLID challenge to you in private. I just enjoy talking about it.

Teehee.
oh you. we'll talk more in-depth when we get together about ff9. this ain't the time or place for this discussion.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
That fits the overall profile I had of him early as not contributing much and being hard to read. Calling Grey scum is an excellent way to look active and concerned about the game.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
I don't expect most of the people you listed to have the experience, knowledge, or both to pick the complexities of Broto's gambits and what he's attempting to do with them. KK is the only one that should.

But this is also arbitrarily ignoring that Broto is not and never will be an easy ML. It's much simpler to conclude that they misread him and Broto actually attacks them for **** they've done rather than they saw his gambit, understood exactly what he was doing with it, and still fell for it anyway (which is what would've happened if they were setting him up).

Actually, that's a fair point. Hey Broto, is this the basis for your KK push?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Right, you make a valid point that scum would use it as an easy push even if they didn't underatand it.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Both heads were V/LA. I was up north, Kuz was doing ****all.

At this point in the game, my scum reads are:

Hick, though that's kinda getting better as the rate he's appearing in my notes has decreased. He handled the FreeBlock wagon really wrong and I don't trust it.

Ran. At a couple of points in my notes, the phrase "This is not PF Ran" has shown up. While I wouldn't lynch on meta or gut, I don't like the way he's been just kinda sitting on things, not really as active or pressuring as townRan. The flip off July to Vidja was grody and somewhat hypocritical since he was pressuring July for flipping off SoupaKat despite still having her eye on him. It was a good point but he completely ruined it by doing the exact same thing.

And Zen hasn't posted **** for content yet so I want him gone.

For comments? I see the vidja wagon and I don't agree with it. There are a couple of fair points but townAsidoh doesn't get into the game until a bit later in D1 or D2. Him blending in the background and seems fitting after carrying him for most of D1 in ****tales. We'll see if he improves or not, but if he doesn't, I'm more okay with his lynch. X1's play certainly isn't doing them any favors. Get back to me on this, there's still 30 gogdamn pages for me to go through.
Guess what? PFRAN didn't get good reads there. Most of my attacks were based on attacks on Ryker. I didn't like July, but JPG was worse. I usually look for the OTHER GUY. I feel that helps me catch scum. Also note, that Meta screwed me over in PF. I had Nabe/X1 as town for lurking and possibly being a pr. (Also because X1 wouldn't lurk) I was wrong. I'm not going to let meta screw my reads up. Sometimes it just comes in 'oh he doesn't do this so ya'.

And another thing, most of my posts, were me attacking Soup/you/J. I even made a crappy case connecting you all. Gah. I hated it.

Plus, I'm trying to be LESS OF A DISTRACTION. I do read the scum qt's to see what the scum say. :bee: You said me and SOup were big distractions, and it was mostly my fault. Also soup got me mad alot.

And, I am pretty sure of Jpg being scum.

So why don't you try to look at the motivation of my actions, instead of just seeing that my play is different. If people say I play bad, I will try to improve my play, no doubt. I want to play well, and catch scum.

Can you answer this please?

But you read the Daycop gambit event, no?
Yes. I thought X1 was possibly the cop. Remember J getting caught as scum. Don't remember what else happened. Through out the whole game I still thought X1 was the cop.

Given your familiarity with Kirk, shouldn't the answer have been obvious from your role picture?
No, of course not. I didn't know which movie the picture was from, so I had to search on Wiki. I just have the picture of him in my role pm and it looks kewl :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Orange. Cuz he has that look. That... BOLD look. :D

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It's like, he's looking at you, and he's thinking "Yeah, I got you" and with that grin. AND I'M ESSENTIALLY HIM, so I like looking at it. : D

Reyth

Smash Rookie
See what bugs me here is that Kirk never wears orange on the TV series. Its always gold/yellow.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I think it is gold/yellow. :D Orange was what it looked like to me, like tannish.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
No, it's the same shirt he wears on the Wiki.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
I just don't get orange out of gold/yellow at all. I don't get orange out of "tannish" either. But I am going to drop this now because its making my head hurt.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
BUt another thing that bugs me is how you had to go to the wiki to identify it was the TV Kirk because in the movies he wears either white or red and its obvious he has a hairpiece.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Because I have never seen the movies/show. I had to see which one it was.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
You should go look at my response to that above.

Ask nabe.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@July, (if you are town) Could you scan your life history with Ran:

1) ANY TIME AT ALL did he watched Star Trek on TV?
2) He's a movie fan, hasn't he at least seen the movies?
3) Did he see the 2009 movie?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
votecount:

Kawaii Kangaroo (4) - Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance, Swiss, Zen, Degrey,
Nicholas1024 (1) - Nabe,
Videogames.jpg (2) - Ranmaru, Ranmaru,
DeGrey (2) - July, SoupaKatamari,
Nabe (1) - Nicholas1024,
Ranmaru (3) - Videogames.jpg, Reyth, T-block,
T - block (1) - Kawaii Kangaroo,

Not voting: