• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Fine fine.

ran said:
Degray I still find scummy. I know I have played better than he has. If he says "Your reads sucked mine didn't" I'd reply with "You were scummy so no one would listen to you".
Really makes me think you know he's not mafia.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
KK was very hard to read early on; very little in the way of stances and reads. He finally gave content with his original case on .jpg which I thought was a good scum hunting probe but a case I didn't believe in. He then queried me very badly on my lurker voting and it really looked like mudslinging to me. His case on T-Block is the worst and definitely is reaching at many points.

It true that his overall reads have improved but this was a recent development and I am reading it as a way to soften the pressure that is slowly mounting against him in the background.

I still think PLSD is catching up and so is Zen.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
EBWOP: I will also note that KK IS using his recent vote changes as a defense here which can further support him doing it intentionally.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Don't get confused by all the yelling, I just like to get into the moment, just know that I know the person is fake claiming and I have to do something about that.

:c
July, you're saying that you believe Ran's reaction was town because it was instinctual, but here (and somewhere before) Ran is saying that his exaggeration was fake. Does that not affect your read on this?
But I mean seriously? why did zen think I was iffy? Why couldn't he just hold my hand this game? It's ezier that way :c
This is the first town-vibe post I've read of yours.
^Ranmoomoo did something similar like this in RE4 when someone pointed the gambit finger at him fwiw. I see his quicktime reactions as something that leans more townie.
Kawaii said that his reaction was different there. Which of you is correct ?
Okay I am going to get to a few things when I get back from practice later tonight.

1476 I like.

Btw @ Asdioh. Zen's read on my slot is he wants us to be scum more then he actually believes so. He's actually null-leaning townish.
This is not true. I flat out think you are scum.
Ya I mean gosh dang all of us would react the same way as town as Asidoh did and NOT as Ran did. Ran acted as if he knew the guilty were true and was only trying to get the town to lynch Zen first as his last act of desperation.
Exactly my view on this.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
EBWOP: I will also note that KK IS using his recent vote changes as a defense here which can further support him doing it intentionally.
No it does not!

@Zen: If you think that honestly, then you are just flat out wrong.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Telling me that I'm wrong does nothing.

@Asdioh: You think Ran is town. You want to lynch him to prevent a mislynch. That's dumb because it's just trading a mislynch for a mislynch. That's the scummiest thing you've said all game.

I'm breaking for now.

Scum:

Kay Kay
Es Kay
De Gray
Ran

I want to lynch KK and for Vig to shoot Ran.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
You aren't even telling me why I'm scum. In fact, no one has and it's annoying as hell. You haven't, Swiss hasn't, DeGrey hasn't and that's it. Reyth has tried but is just flat out wrong and lying with his responses towards us.

I am taking a chill from this game until some actual reasonings behind others scum-picks. Especially for someone such as myself and July. Same goes to why people want Ranmaru lynched.

Vandy will be posting when he is not busy.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I'm impressed anyone can get called arrogant when I'm in the game. Relatively, that's normally like calling a light bulb bright when placed next to a supernova.
Just for the record, Ryker's ego compared to yours is like the Federal government's debt compared to an average guy's mortage. There's just no contest. Now onto more important stuff.

I see a lot of words from you, and words that make logical sense, but no spark, no real effort, pressure, awkward questioning or effort.
SOMEONE finally gets what I've been trying to say! The questions Nabe says make sense, but there's no followup, no real DRIVE to lynch scum from his posts. In fact, he's basically dropped his case on me by this point. (Sure, he'll say I'm scummy if someone asks, but when's the last post he made trying to convince others to lynch me?)

Does everyone else see him in white apart from Reyth? Answers plz.
Ran posts in white for me, not sure about everyone else.

1193 Nabe back to null.
Why? I looked up the post, and it's just more standard questions from him.

@KK stuff
I'm just not seeing the KK-scum case. He has given content (the T-block and video cases, for instance), and I really just saw Reyth's argument with him on the lurker vote as TvT. Could someone bring up quotes and outline the full case against him?

@Swiss
I liked most of your content, aside from the Degrey town read (although I suppose that's mostly meta I can't argue much with) and the KK scum read. Regarding KK's comment on Ran's reaction, has J played with Ran before? (I think that's who was posting at the time.) If so, I see your point, if not, I think it was a pretty reasonable reaction.

@Ran stuff
Zen, you're completely right in that most townies wouldn't react like that. Ran does not fall under that category. July gave a reference to a mafiascum game in which he did similar gut insta-reactions, and in FE mafia he did some pretty dumb stuff the day he got lynched. (At one point IIRC he was asking for votes.)

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Hey KK,

Teeheeheehee.

You guys won't want to lynch me later. I can guarantee it. It is unrelated to my role. This is mostly directed at Zen. How does that strike you, KK?
Ok DeGrey if you're standing up sit down. If you're laying down sit up, I'ma drop some knowledge for you. Whether we will want to lynch you later is irrelevant, it's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

You're the grasshopper :chuckle:

More importantly, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow so I don't know how I'm going to be for the next few days while I recover. I still haven't caught up, and considering this I probably won't be until I get over this operation. J will still be here though so listen to him :chuckle:.

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
8. Nabe is a tough one to crack. I really liked his early posts. Lately not so much like his need to comment on me reading. Pointless. Out of place. Null-town I suppose.
You're aggravating me. Inactive scum in Touhou and I still think you were indy in Super Heroes despite the setup. I don't know what to do with you. Thanks for posting.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Grey: Were you saying that if Ran answered 2009 it would mean it was a fake claim? Yes Kirk did travel to the '50s on earth but I mean gosh wouldn't Kirk HAVE to be 2009?? I think this proves its a fakeclaim actually.

Also, you had KK as scum very early before I could even get a read oh him. Could you please explain that to me because I saw it as pretty amazing that you could get a scum read on him so early...?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
You're aggravating me. Inactive scum in Touhou and I still think you were indy in Super Heroes despite the setup. I don't know what to do with you. Thanks for posting.
What I was obvtown in Supet Heroes and hella active. I was like the Reyth of that game. What the **** are you getting at?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Ya he read it and his knee hit him in jaw so hard that he had to immediately type that it was a great refernce.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, I did. He wasn't quite as furious, but it was the same sort of rapid-fire reaction. For example, he quick-claimed in response (after a slight delay, just like here), and he was cussing out some other players. I think the reason he was markedly more upset in this game was due to

1) Time investment
The mafiascum thing was in the first five pages. The amount of time everyone's put into this game is ridiculous considering how long it's been running.

2) What he could do about it.
When you get dayvigged, there's not much you can do but give scumtells for future days. If you have a scum fake-claiming a guilty on you, you can try to get that scum lynched (and perhaps even avoid being mislynched yourself.)

So yeah, I think the reactions count as similar.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Just for the record, Ryker's ego compared to yours is like the Federal government's debt compared to an average guy's mortage. There's just no contest. Now onto more important stuff.
THANK YOU! I mean, I don't know how he can get away with calling me a ****ing light bulb. Serious note though, Swiss is actually the only guy who can rival me in the ego department. He also is a candidate running against me for chairman of the "Full of Yourself" club, but we've got a little more competition there.

SOMEONE finally gets what I've been trying to say! The questions Nabe says make sense, but there's no followup, no real DRIVE to lynch scum from his posts. In fact, he's basically dropped his case on me by this point. (Sure, he'll say I'm scummy if someone asks, but when's the last post he made trying to convince others to lynch me?)
Nich, Nabe has been riding town for me since the beginning of the game where he responded well to my first few posts. His thoughts, in general, have lined up with mine. I could see the logical leap to where he had you as scum even though I disagreed with it. However, reading Swiss's post made me think about it and I'd say he's null now. Not scum because I haven't seen the stuff he's been saying, I've done a lot of skimming this game, same as anyone else who's stayed caught up. However, I'm going to look into it. With Swiss pointing it out and making me think about it, I do recall that you said something similar, but I just wrote it off as you being ******** again, especially since you were talking about someone I had read as town. I've done a lot of not caring at all about your posts and skimming them hard because your intro to the game was complete and utter bull****. You didn't handle yourself well and you looked moronic.

Do you understand what I was saying about you at the beginning of the game? Do you still think I was trying to set you up to be lynched? Do you think you were playing badly? Do you think I'm town now? Is Zen scummy for claiming I am scum? Am I a likely indy? Am I likely to be an indy with the win con that I claimed knowledge of? Does the fact that I do not know whether it is an indy win con or something that could give scum (Indy or Mafia) a power-up affect that answer? Assume beyond a shadow of a doubt that I am telling the truth about my claim, do you think my suspicions that Ran's Kirk claim may be the target are true? Regardless of your answer, if you KNEW that I was telling the truth and KNEW that Ran was the target, but didn't know what the outcome of this "hunter" killing him would be, what would you suggest we do about the situation?

Please answer in a reasonable format instead of chopping each question into a quote and posting a gigantic wall that everyone will skim.

Also, welcome to the people I am willing to converse with. Please give your contact information with TBlock, your T-Shirt size to Swiss, and a handshake to Reyth. It's okay if you don't want to sit next to Nabe and I'll go ahead and ask you not to turn and stare at PLSD everytime they show up late to a meeting.

If I thank you nicely, will you vote KK? I'll swallow my pride and do it if you vote.

Also, I want to have a conversation with you about you as a player after either you are dead or the game is over. If you would like to have it now, we can have it in thread and once I get NKilled and flip town (lol @ Zen implying that my lynch is even possible), you'll know I'm telling the truth and not just scum WIFOMing. I'm actually very interested in talking about it.

Ran posts in white for me, not sure about everyone else.
Missed this, but white text for me too. It's unimportant though, just interesting.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
Ok DeGrey if you're standing up sit down. If you're laying down sit up, I'ma drop some knowledge for you. Whether we will want to lynch you later is irrelevant, it's just like the story of the grasshopper and the octopus. All year long, the grasshopper kept burying acorns for winter, while the octopus mooched off his girlfriend and watched TV. But then the winter came, and the grasshopper died, and the octopus ate all his acorns. Also he got a race car. Is any of this getting through to you?

You're the grasshopper :chuckle:

More importantly, I'm getting my wisdom teeth out tomorrow so I don't know how I'm going to be for the next few days while I recover. I still haven't caught up, and considering this I probably won't be until I get over this operation. J will still be here though so listen to him :chuckle:.
I like you guys outside of this game, but we both know I'm not getting lynched today, tomorrow, or any day this game. You're the ones getting lynched this phase.

Vandy, we should chill sometime.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
@Grey: Were you saying that if Ran answered 2009 it would mean it was a fake claim? Yes Kirk did travel to the '50s on earth but I mean gosh wouldn't Kirk HAVE to be 2009?? I think this proves its a fakeclaim actually.
No, but it would've been more scary to think about than it already is.

Also, you had KK as scum very early before I could even get a read oh him. Could you please explain that to me because I saw it as pretty amazing that you could get a scum read on him so early...?
I'm going to tenatively throw a guess out there. I like poking J. The list of players I like to mess with more than him is very short (FrozenFlame at the top, WL might be there on his own, some newbies that act certain ways, recent experience probably adds OS to that list, and maybe I'm missing someone). I quite possibly just called him scum to be calling him scum, but the read later developed. Do me a favor and link/quote the posts where I first start calling him scum. I might give you something more definite, idk.

For the record, I'm also very good at getting solid as hell gut and slight tell reads from RVS and early game that are damn good throughout the game that turn out exactly like I expected. Ask Swiss or Laundry, and maybe Kuz, they'll all back me on this. Also, this last paragraph has been mostly me bragging about myself.

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
EBWOP: And before any of you start jumping up and down like hysterical two-year-olds about it, keep in mind that I can read Broto better than any of you.
Your slot? Hell yes. You're good at reading me and Kuz is someone who hasn't had to try enough, but I'm scared of.

You as an individual? Swiss might be better at it, time will tell. Maaaaaaaybe Kuz, but probably not. You may or may not be the number one, but you're easily top two.

T-block

B2B TST
Yeah, I did. He wasn't quite as furious, but it was the same sort of rapid-fire reaction. For example, he quick-claimed in response (after a slight delay, just like here), and he was cussing out some other players. I think the reason he was markedly more upset in this game was due to

1) Time investment
The mafiascum thing was in the first five pages. The amount of time everyone's put into this game is ridiculous considering how long it's been running.

2) What he could do about it.
When you get dayvigged, there's not much you can do but give scumtells for future days. If you have a scum fake-claiming a guilty on you, you can try to get that scum lynched (and perhaps even avoid being mislynched yourself.)

So yeah, I think the reactions count as similar.
2) is exactly why the fast claim comparison is not valid. By the very nature of the gambit, the fake claim in the MS game cannot be a safe claim unless Ran knew it was a gambit, and it's clear he didn't. That is not the case in this game - his claim could easily have been a safe claim that he wanted to give early to make it more believable or w/e.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
Your slot? Hell yes. You're good at reading me and Kuz is someone who hasn't had to try enough, but I'm scared of.

You as an individual? Swiss might be better at it, time will tell. Maaaaaaaybe Kuz, but probably not. You may or may not be the number one, but you're easily top two.
I don't think Swiss is better at it. I've had you pinned as scum the past couple of games where we were opposing alignments, just I was too much of a chicken**** to do anything about it.

Does this matter?

Dramatic Flair

Raziek|Ryker
I don't think Swiss is better at it. I've had you pinned as scum the past couple of games where we were opposing alignments, just I was too much of a chicken**** to do anything about it.

Does this matter?
Not really, but I enjoy discussing it. Same as the conversation I offered Nich, but this is something that's done with in a few quick posts and is easily done with.

I guess I could be misrepresented if people called me out for trying to get others to adopt Swiss's town read on me, but mainly I did it talking to you who, on a matter of pride, would take your own read on me over his unless Kuz made a SOLID challenge to you in private. I just enjoy talking about it.

Teehee.

Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance

th3kuzinator|Washed Laundry
For the record, I'm also very good at getting solid as hell gut and slight tell reads from RVS and early game that are damn good throughout the game that turn out exactly like I expected. Ask Swiss or Laundry, and maybe Kuz, they'll all back me on this. Also, this last paragraph has been mostly me bragging about myself.
Having played enough with Broto, this is the case.

@Broto: Lemme catch up. You've claimed indy, there's a gogdamn cop claim with a guilty on the table, Zen's useless and Hick's a distraction. I have to prioritize a guilty over an indy but you're still next to go if everyone's being honest.

But it's mafia. You're you. I doubt it.

Top Bottom