• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hm, I'd like to take a closer look at video games for the moment. Let's start near the beginning of the game, shortly after T-block made the night mechanic post.

I... don't like you already this game :c

Vote: T-block
Certainly you can think about possibilities, but save that for later. What's important right now is finding scum and lynching them... and your first post was the scummiest thing to me so far. If lynching a certain scum somehow doesn't work properly due to the mechanics of this game, then we can worry about the mechanics of the game and what to do with them. Do you agree?

Post by Reyth mentioning how his vote on T-block was now serious.
And I like this guy already.
Immediately hops on the T-block wagon, after Reyth's confirmed his vote, and several people have already mentioned how the night action discussion is a bad idea. And mentions he likes one of his wagonmates.

Hm... Not sure what to think on T-block. It's dumb or scum for sure, but it strikes me more as a dumb-tell than a scum tell. I think a little pressure for further info might be informative here.

Vote: T-block
I make my fateful pressure vote.

Yeah I agree. I'll drop it.

I do NOT like Nicholas' vote on me though... jumps on a wagon but still qualifies the jump saying it's probably just dumb instead of scum.

At the risk of being accused of OMGUS:

vote: Nicholas1024
T-block starts the wagon on me.

Mhmm, I agree.

Vote: Nicholas

Why didn't you vote Tblock earlier when you mentioned to him his idea wouldn't work in this setup?
Ran joins the wagon on me.

pff, votes the mod, then next post says he wouldn't want to break the game, before even seeing if his modvote counted on a votecount. then...
He could have brought this up in his last post, much in the same way people are getting on me for my delayed vote.

jumps onto the first wagon available after calling the guy not that scummy. And he could have voted for him before an actual "wagon" was in place.

unvote
Vote: Nicholas

idk I'd hate it if scum was THAT obvious, but sometimes they are.

I'm liking Ran already.
Joins my wagon now that it's picked up a little steam, and mentions how he likes one of his wagonmates.

You still love me, right?
My original pressure vote post.
Isn't it beautifully ****ign ******** how you suspect T-block might be dumb followed by a pressure vote where you tell him its a pressure vote - how can you not see how redundant that is????
This bit had already been gone over several times, with most people condemning me, so he brings nothing new to the table here.

@T-block: Deal with it when it comes to it, otherwise shut up about PRs and things of that ilk
Again, something nobody's really disagreed with.

*By me*
Regarding the pressure vote, how many votes in this stage of the game are with intent to lynch? It's implied. I figured I'd be upfront about the fact I was looking for more info. It still carries pressure, as a bad reaction could easily change it from a pressure vote to a "normal" vote with intent to lynch.
Hey Nich, in a few lines time I'm going to scare you by posting something

BOO!

Did I scare ya? Nope? Perhaps I shouldn't have warned you ahead of time...
This is a complete strawman of my argument.

Me mentioning that video's vote felt like a pressure vote.
Hurr Durr we're definitely the same as you
So he's confirming it's a real vote.

In this case do you think Hypocritical = Scum??

do you think people need to leave backdoors in their first vote in D1? Even if he did leave a back door, what would be the point? People don't get MLed within 24hours of start of D1 so there's no reason he'd need to leave a back door to avoid heat?
And this is a little more prodding at T-block, though he leaves his vote on me.

Anyway, to summarize, I'm feeling it's suspect that video's managed to go along with the crowd in every major argument so far, and basically manage to look aggressive without actually saying anything controversial. The only thing he's pushed me for is my universally derided pressure vote, he's prodded T-block about how various parts of his logic don't make sense, and yet he's left his vote on me for my one post, completely disregarding everything I've done.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Almost forgot, Unvote: T-block, Vote: Video games

T-block, I haven't forgotten you and I've still got my eye on you, but I think my vote could be more effective elsewhere.

SoupaKatamari

Smash Rookie
Beyond the brink of disaster, next to starbucks
Updates from both heads, formulated in the secret disco!

- Kata says hi to you, vandy, and also thinks you are town.

-Nich is town, dumb, but town, kata and I feel that his play so far is less cautious and more reactive, much like a ticking time bomb that explodes on impact! We feel that people should be cautious of the ticking time bomb and that further attacks are just going to rupture it more, while they may be just in a way, it's something we want to avoid, and move on from, mostly because it's a waste of time! :chuckle:

-Tblock is looking better, but see the above! We want to see you do more besides attack and trade walls with nix.

- Ran is looking town, kata says, I say "but his questions are so shallow" and he replies "but atleast he acts on them"

- Swiss is town! That's all.

- A proactive ryker is the best ryker, we also believe that he is town too!

- Reyth is scummy! he is the opposite of ran right now, but still his double.

- we do not like vg.jpg anymore!

- we want to see more from july!

- Phil has dissapointed us!

That's about it for now.

Signed, disco masters soup and kata.

Vote: Reyth

:phone:

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Reyth

Well, hindsight is 20/20, but if I did it again, I'd probably pretend it was a real vote (and have done it in my first post), and reveal it was moreso for pressure later (although I suppose that should be a given considering the point of the game it happened in).

Also, regarding T-block's night action mechanic thing, I think it's mainly a null tell. It's only when that kind of unhelpful stuff starts stacking up it becomes noticable, IMO.
Ok, then please explain clearly why you voted T-Block at all? Because I'm not seeing it...

And I mean when you first placed the "pressure vote".

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well, for pressure. It was mainly a null tell, but I wasn't sure on his alignment, so I decided that pressuring him a bit might help in finding some info for scumhunting. Besides, it would help to get out of RVS, if nothing else.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Reyth, did you notice Soupakat voting you? What do you think of them?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
@Nich: Ok, I'm sorry but I can't take this sort of repsonse. The cog-dis is just too much. I'm still catching up but:

Unvote, Vote Nich

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
But I like Soupakat. : [ FINE.

SK, what do you think of Reyth totally avoiding your vote on him?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
In the game I modded, he was VT and I would call him fairly collected. Some of the other players in this game would be better for T-block meta than me, I don't think I've played with him.
Nick's question was directed at Nabe, but I also played with T-block... three times now, I think. In Pizza and Ducktales, he was super obvious town, and it was great. In Dexter (:mistyface:) he wasn't quite as obvtown.. and was scum. In this game it's probably too early to read him for sure, but his first couple posts struck me as scummy.

/asdioh is catching up

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
@Everyone: Thoughts on Reyth not posting a reason for his RVS vote becoming serious, yet he viewed thread twice?
He RVS'd T-block. I assume his vote became "serious" after T-block did some apparent rolefishing, which was the same reason I voted T-block, and the same reason I said I then liked Reyth.

I can read Ran pretty well, and I'm usually very confident in my read on Ran by the end of D1.
I'm oddly reminded of Dissidia, in which Hidajeremi and Tandora (husband and wife) swore up and down that they could read each other, and that they were both town, except one was scum. And I'm salty that I couldn't get him lynched even though he was like the strongest scumread I've EVER had.
But anyway, I trust your ability to read him, assuming you're town. Which I now know to never do.

@July: Did you not read why Nich got heat? (The pressure thing, although the wagoning late was there too, but I specifically mean the pressure vote in your case)

Why essentially are you voting Soupakat?
Reading July's post, I was thinking the same things. Good job Ran.
I'll talk more about the "pressure" issue in a bit, but I was wondering where people were getting scumreads on Soup, since it seems he's gotten at least a couple votes at this point. As usual, I can't read him yet.

July

Smash Apprentice
Nich's #209 is the first time that I've actually seen his reasoning and the points he's trying to make against T-Block. I still don't agree with Nich's stance, but actually substantiating those early and ambiguous suspicions is definitely a good change from yesterday.

No, I don't think people need to leave backdoors in their first vote, but that's not what's relevant. What's relevant is that he did. It looks like he's trying to avoid making a connection with me, wouldn't you agree? Who cares about whether he actually needed to as scum.

See my 184. I was referring to how he said he was annoyed at the wagon on him.
I don't think that he avoided making a connection with you; you are right about there being "back doors" to his read on you, but it's more that he gave himself a way to get off your wagon or change his read on you. There can be anti-town motivations, but it could also be weakness in a preliminary read.

All in all I think the entire T-Block v. Nich conflict was good for reads, but got blown way out of proportion. I also feel like Nich being "dumb or scum" has become a really good way to keep pressure on him and go with the flow without really scumhunting.

I gave you my reasons. You strawmanned them lol (see later).

I don't see how it's lashing out at all tbh... maybe you're looking for a different term? =)

This is total garbage lol

a) I've been completely collected by my standards. You take Nabe's rather vague statement regarding my meta and assume that I'm not fitting it?
b) Nabe himself said I feel like what he's seen from me before (174)

a) No, that's not the reason lol... two people vote me for my action X. You comment on my action X before those two people vote. You place your vote only after the other two are placed. Let me put it this way: why did you see fit to pressure me only after two votes had already been placed? Why not with your first post in response to mine?

b) Again, you're misrepresenting the reason. It's the fact that you're being non-commital. It looks like you're trying to avoid any sort of connection between you and me.

You're right - I used the wrong term, and I acknowledged that. The original sentiment still stands if I had used "you're getting annoyed" instead of "you're lashing out" though.

Nope, I've been consistent. I use your words, but that doesn't mean I'm making a distinction.

They can and should be real. I never said otherwise.

You haven't really outlined any scumminess. You've done a summary of some of my posts, and then shot down a few strawmen. My reason for voting you has already been made clear. The poor quality of this continued push isn't helping either.
T-Block, how confident do you feel in your read on Nich? Do you have any other scum reads besides Nich?

Reyth, be more specific, what's wrong with my #142?
I'll tell you what's wrong with your 142.
I know Ran already mentioned this but answering someone else's question before they get the chance to answer it is hurts getting a read on the other player and looks scummy.

Would like Reyth to answer this question since it was directed to him, even if his reasons overlap with T-Block's.

I actually don't like Ran. If I vote Nich, will you make sure that you investigate Ran tonight? ;|

Still have only skimmed the part before my first post. Don't plan on rereading it more in-depth until Raziek is around.
DeGrey you seem really concerned with getting a read on Ran, what about his play makes dislike him so far?

There's no contradiction there at all. You were closer than the other two to the scum side of my radar, due to video making a couple points I agreed with and Ran having a better reason for voting me. And I wanted Reyth to answer that, since he was the one that brought it up. :glare:

I don't care who you were talking to, I didn't like that post.

So basically, you don't like reading Swiss, so you'll assume he's town and leave it to others to figure it out? *Dislikes*

No, I'm not easy to push a mislynch on (In fact, I'll inform you that I have NEVER been lynched as town in a game of forum mafia), and aside from the pressure vote thing, I think my play has been pretty obv town. I'm getting flashbacks to Fire Emblem mafia...

A FoS on you. I haven't liked a single post of yours yet.
I actually agree with Nich here, and regardless of who DeGrey's #219 was directed at everyone had a right to comment on it because it's advocating a lynch on a player because they are a "liability". Ever since then DeGrey has been relying on what other people have already pointed out to show Nich as a liability and push based on that instead of actual scumhunting.

Just noticed this

I don't think FoS's/HoS's are really neccessary unless you are already voting and you want to vote another, but you only have one vote so you committ to your scum reads and use it.

I also think FoS's/HoS's are better for mylo/lylo situations.

Those aren't really good for pressure. It's like all bark, no bite. Sorta. Let's just say they are woof's, and Votes's are loud barks before the big BITE (lynch).

Votes are info trails that you give out to the town, so people can look back at it later. FOS's/HoS's aren't as easily tracked, and a group of people wouldn't all FOS a person so it wouldn't pressure them.

TL;DR - Votes > FOS. If you are voting someone, feel free to FOS others but vote them later or something. If you FOS alot and don't vote, people may find it scummy and just think you are fence sitting scum, votes allow us to see that you are willing to put your life on the line to find scum.

That's my thoughts on that.
First post from you I haven't liked Ran, and that's because its pretty much all advice dogging. Can you give me your read on Reyth?

Reyth

Smash Rookie
Almost caught up. Btw, how do we go about getting votecounts around here?

July

Smash Apprentice
Updates from both heads, formulated in the secret disco!

- Kata says hi to you, vandy, and also thinks you are town.

-Nich is town, dumb, but town, kata and I feel that his play so far is less cautious and more reactive, much like a ticking time bomb that explodes on impact! We feel that people should be cautious of the ticking time bomb and that further attacks are just going to rupture it more, while they may be just in a way, it's something we want to avoid, and move on from, mostly because it's a waste of time! :chuckle:

-Tblock is looking better, but see the above! We want to see you do more besides attack and trade walls with nix.

- Ran is looking town, kata says, I say "but his questions are so shallow" and he replies "but atleast he acts on them"

- Swiss is town! That's all.

- A proactive ryker is the best ryker, we also believe that he is town too!

- Reyth is scummy! he is the opposite of ran right now, but still his double.

- we do not like vg.jpg anymore!

- we want to see more from july!

- Phil has dissapointed us!

That's about it for now.

Signed, disco masters soup and kata.

Vote: Reyth

:phone:
Unvote

I like this, it's minimalistic but it's pretty much what I wanted to see from you. And I agree with most of this, especially the Nich and T-Block parts, Nich who I am feeling a lot better about and leaning T v. T on the whole exchange. T-Block I want to see where he goes with his future suspicions but he's alright with me. Big one I disagree on is Ryker, I see him talking a lot and aggravating Nich quite a bit but I don't see him scumhunting.

Can you explain your read on videogame.jpg more?

I'm oddly reminded of Dissidia, in which Hidajeremi and Tandora (husband and wife) swore up and down that they could read each other, and that they were both town, except one was scum. And I'm salty that I couldn't get him lynched even though he was like the strongest scumread I've EVER had.
But anyway, I trust your ability to read him, assuming you're town. Which I now know to never do.

Reading July's post, I was thinking the same things. Good job Ran.
I'll talk more about the "pressure" issue in a bit, but I was wondering where people were getting scumreads on Soup, since it seems he's gotten at least a couple votes at this point. As usual, I can't read him yet.
Well if it makes you feel better I've called Ran's alignment correctly in every game we've been in or I've watched him play (with the exception of my newb game, but I was scum so I had to lie about his alignment so that doesn't count). And I'm guessing that part about never assuming I'm town is because of Pizza, eh? ;)

Preliminary read on Soup wasn't necessarily a scum read, I didn't really like his play up to that point but more than anything I just wanted to hear more from him outside of the Nich/T-Block debate. Same thing went for Nich but he already had some votes on him and I felt it would be easier to get a read on him because of that then it would be on Soup.

Right now neither is my focus tbh, want to hear more and get some answers from Reyth and DeGrey. And Prehistoric Laundry Sex Dance, who I don't remember anything from outside of pre-game.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
@DiscoDancers: I feel ya.

Still impatiently waiting for my womanly half to talk to me about some things. I'm sure we won't agree on anything, but hey, that's what relationships are all about right?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@July:

I don't see why you should ask Degrey the same question I asked him. I do agree with you repeating about not answering questions to Tblock, but I can handle the attacks on me. I also agree that Degrey hasn't scumhunted much per say.

Reyth read is null scum. You and I know that he can be doing much much more, and I don't like him solely focusing on the popular topics, this late. I know at times he can get a little exaggerated, but I'm not seeing enough scumhunting from him. He also plays the same way regardless of alignment.

The only thing I don't like from you is that you didn't read my post closely enough. Degrey wanted my and Nabe's oponion of the FOS thing, and I gave it. I also don't like how you quickly layed off Soupakat once his other head gave some reads. Aren't you still worried about his actions, you know, the ones mentioned in your reasoning for voting him? (After I asked for it) Instead you say "This was exactly what I wanted" , so are you saying you were really aiming for Soup's reads? I asked him for reads, did you?

Basically, you did the same as Soup, and I'm not liking you not having a vote out there now.

Vote: July

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
When I say Soup I mean the entire hydra. Even so, I asked the HYDRA for reads earlier. I forgot that your reads were united, but it doesn't absolve my reasoning for my July vote, being that she didn't seem like she wanted to hear more reads from your Hydra.

I also just think it's from one side because of the way it was posted. *shrug*

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just think of it as "Once the other head came over and they both gave reads"

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I'll try to remember to address you as a whole hydra, sorry.

Reyth

Smash Rookie
OK HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!

lol.

Ok finally caught up. Man this was the thread that just wouldn't die. I have alot to post and I can tell I am going to get ninja'ed the crud out of and so please understand my analysis will be frozen as of post #305. I will get to the ninja's after I am done with all of my catchup posting.

As you can see I have already been ninja'ed while typing this short post :awesome:

Now for the catchup.

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
@MarSOUPial: Vanzeroo is the manly side of this outback-jumping, scum-hunting Vegemite-eating machine :p.

@Ran: don't understand your #302 really. I'll let someone else interpret it for me.

@Nich: x1 (I assume) didn't really straw man your argument. He basically said that you shouldn't tell someone it's a pressure vote, if you're hoping to achieve pressure. He had a weird way of saying it though.

@Reythy: I can't wait

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Wait for July to respond before saying anything. >_>

July

Smash Apprentice
@July:

I don't see why you should ask Degrey the same question I asked him. I do agree with you repeating about not answering questions to Tblock, but I can handle the attacks on me. I also agree that Degrey hasn't scumhunted much per say.

Reyth read is null scum. You and I know that he can be doing much much more, and I don't like him solely focusing on the popular topics, this late. I know at times he can get a little exaggerated, but I'm not seeing enough scumhunting from him. He also plays the same way regardless of alignment.

The only thing I don't like from you is that you didn't read my post closely enough. Degrey wanted my and Nabe's oponion of the FOS thing, and I gave it. I also don't like how you quickly layed off Soupakat once his other head gave some reads. Aren't you still worried about his actions, you know, the ones mentioned in your reasoning for voting him? (After I asked for it) Instead you say "This was exactly what I wanted" , so are you saying you were really aiming for Soup's reads? I asked him for reads, did you?

Basically, you did the same as Soup, and I'm not liking you not having a vote out there now.

Vote: July
I asked DeGrey because I want to know and I didn't see an answer from him, which I would like because once again I see him talking a lot but not scumhunting or giving reasons beyond his argument that Nich is a liability. It was nothing about helping handle the attacks on you, I want his reasons to help with my read on him.

I noticed the original question and I honestly have no idea what DeGrey wanted to get from you or Nabe in response, but your response was much more than what he asked for and stooped into advice dogging. If you wanna know why specifically I brought it up, its because in Rusty Guillotine you kept stooping into advice dogging because J mentioned self-voting and it messes with my read on you because I know you do it as town and scum but I see it as scummy most of the time.

Yesterday literally all we had to go off of was the T-Block/Nich argument. I will still keep my eye on SK but my reasons for voting yesterday were based very heavily off preliminary reads and things like this:

I'm voting SoupaKat because I dislike his reaction to T-Block's question as well, mostly the fact that he's framing it as Night speculation when its really more mechanics and taking it as scummy when really I can't see it as more than a null tell. I find Nich suspicious and want to hear more from him as well but my vote can only go on one person and right now I want to hear more from Soup.
Honestly, I just had an issue with how he reacted to the T-Block/Nich thing and that is something that is not as much of an issue any more and like I very clearly stated at the end of that paragraph I wanted to hear more from Soup.

I agree with you that Reyth could be doing more but I only know his scum play and I want more from him and like I said, I want answers to outstanding questions. DeGrey is also a person that I don't like but Ryker is by far one of the hardest people for me to read (along with Kuz) and I would like to hear more from the hydra before I go anywhere.

Why do you not like me having a vote out there? I haven't had my vote on someone for a post and a half, two posts maybe and you find that suspicious...I will place my vote when I feel like I have enough information to make a solid vote, that could be in two posts or it could be in ten but I assure you not having my vote somewhere does not mean I am not scumhunting.

July

Smash Apprentice
When I say Soup I mean the entire hydra. Even so, I asked the HYDRA for reads earlier. I forgot that your reads were united, but it doesn't absolve my reasoning for my July vote, being that she didn't seem like she wanted to hear more reads from your Hydra.

I also just think it's from one side because of the way it was posted. *shrug*
Can you explain what you mean by this part?

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
@video
I want a post from you giving opinions on DeGrey, Nabe, and SoupKat. I feel I haven't seen much from you aside from some commentary on me vs T-block, so let's hear your opinions on some other stuff going around.
DeGreyMan: not giving a definitive read, and I haven't heard X1's thoughts on him yet, but I'm not liking most of what I've seen. Ideally, he'll be town and nightkilled early on because scum thinks he's actually good, saving me the trouble of getting a read :troll:
What I don't understand is why he's writing you (Nich) off as a mislynch this early on in the game. Why are you doing that, Ryker?

Nabe? X1 likes him so far. I'll talk to him more about that I guess.

SoupKat? I don't care right now. I'm sure I'll get a read on him eventually, and it will probably be town.
I still want to know why people think he's scum though.

videogames.jpg

Smash Rookie
This is a complete strawman of my argument.
I somehow feel like you're using the term incorrectly.

Don't try to strawman me.

BOO!

Did that scare you? Of course not, there was never a chance of that in the first place. Me openly stating it was a pressure vote was essentially making it an IGMEOY like Ran did with me. That still does carry pressure, and gives me a chance to up the pressure later on should a bad reaction change it into a "real" vote. Anyway, show why it's scummy or be quiet. I'm not liking how you're still pursuing me for that one post and basically ignoring my case on T-block. Although you occasionally point out problems in his posts, it seem odd that your opinion hasn't changed.
X1 made this post, so I can't speak for him, but I think I understand. You said "dumb or scum, leaning dumb" and then voted, and called it just "pressure." This in itself is dumb: he already knows it's "just pressure" so he doesn't even have to worry about it. The entire purpose of your vote, aside from lynching, is gauging reactions. If you warn him ahead of time that you're gauging his reaction....
Not a big deal, but still kind of dumb. Never mind how scummy it is to vote someone that you just said is leaning more to the side of "dumb" than "scum."

@Nich: Ok, I'm sorry but I can't take this sort of repsonse. The cog-dis is just too much. I'm still catching up but:

Unvote, Vote Nich
I have no idea what this is saying, aside from a Nick vote.

I sure do hate not being able to be in the middle of discussion, and coming back from work to a bunch of new pages >_< makes it a lot harder to participate for me, I end up just reading a bunch blankly.

Current questions that I've already asked, but to reiterate:

-How is Soup scummy?
-Why is Ryker so fixated on not mislynching Nick? Seems kind of fake.
*looks at playerlist*
-Why is July dangerously null to me?

Top Bottom