• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Time Travelers - Town wins! Time travel mechanics rarely used!

T-block

B2B TST
Except I was the informed miller as well looool

I did think about it, and I probably would have been more likely to if I had been straight PGO... here I only killed if they time travelled to visit me, and I didn't see a cop being a time traveller, so I was really only worried about doc/watcher, and I can deal with that by not being too obvtown. If there were a tracker, then claiming miller would have made it more likely for him to target me, no?

Game's gonna be sickkkk. Understanding Night actions is gonna be crazy though haha.

Mmm.... could night action discussion have more of a place in this game than in others? I'm trying to figure out how to approach this new mechanic. Looks like it could help, but maybe not.

Laundry sex dance, what the hell is that song
Crumbed GUN and MILL in this post. Funny thing is, I wouldn't have brought up night action discussion at all if I weren't having such a hard time finding a way to crumb MILL, but it ended up kickstarting discussion pretty nicely.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Don't have time to fully post tonight.

I'll step in to say that this is some of the most ****ing ******** reasoning I've ever seen. Apart from the fact that almost all my reads were correct (save Reyth who I should have swapped with Gova) - which in itself is good play ESPECIALLY as I had activity issues, (which you were full aware of before I started the game might I add), your role was unclear and I actually requested actions quoting you which you then refused.

Bill & Ted Logic – At the start of the game, you can tell yourself that in the future you’ll need to go back in time and Track a target player. Choose any Night phase in the future that you’ll need to go back in time, the Night you want to go back in time to track that player, and choose the player you want to track, and when the Night phase in the future you chose to go back in time in occurs, you will receive the information.

Example: At the start of the game, you choose to go back in time on Night 3 to track Overswarm on Night 1. On Night 3, Os visits Marc. You receive the information that Overswarm visited Marc as long as you survive to Night 3.

Using this N1 and N3 on Ryker is not allowed?

Cool, because that's not exactly what the role PM suggests, is it?

Hey, maybe I HAVE misread the role and still am, but I'll be ****ed if I can see how. Probably because I was so inactive.
It clearly says in the example that you go back to Night 1 on Night 3, not tracking on both Night 1 AND Night 3.

Your reads being right wrong don't mean anything; you had absolutely no effect on town's decision making skills all game.

Swiss

Smash Lord
Dude, wtf else could I have meant if I request something so blindingly ****ing obvious? If it is a one directional time travel, it's pretty ****ing clear what I intended.

Live by pedantry - die with my **** rammed down your throat. That's the saying, right?

Don't care, my reads were right. If you had an issue with activity issues you should have said so when I told you.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
9. Zen / Gova- John Titor

This slot made the right call in most situations, but never tried to really make much of an impact. Their ability was wasted, as they left actions targeting them up to chance rather than trying to get scum to target them in any meaningful way.
Yeah, I know, but you're technically on my side! :awesome:

Note to all players:

If you replace in, you're basically the dumb duck. Always. No matter how good you are, it's a completely different playing field compared to starting a game from scratch. If you think someone is making a bad move and you are a replacement, it isn't your job to stop them. If I'm saying "vote Gheb" in every post I make, I have a damn good reason. If you think something is fishy, bring it up the day after when you have actual evidence.

Sure, stirring the pot can be great to disrupt mafia plans, but you know who else it benefits? Mafia. Because mafia is the only one that can work with disarray. If you're a replacement, come in softly, never come in strong. Coming in strong as a replacement only hurts town because you end up forcing town to re-evaluate everything and go back to D1.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Things of note:

KK - Should've been less personal.
Nich - Look at OS's notes to Nabe. Your playstyle is far from a good thing. I would love to discuss it at length later.
PLSD - Played me. Nice.
Swiss - Thanks for the read. If you had wanted me lynched, it would've happened here.
Nabe - You got backed into a corner. I wouldn't have flipped if there was a reasonably viable option outside of you.
Gova - Your slot did everything your slot needed to in order to win. I have no complaints.
Ran - If you had used your role at any point in this game, I think it would've been disastrous in conjunction with your reads. Thanks for not using it.

Overall, knowing it wasn't my best play, I'm fine with how I did. I was able to derail a lynch I didn't want to take place coming off extreme lack of presence in the game and that makes me feel pretty comfortable.

@OS - I disagree. I played that game exactly where I wanted to be. I wanted to NOT be a target for NKill. I wanted to be alive later on in the game because it would only take one decent scum to beat most of the playerlist.

Raz wasn't here much, but he did catch the "terminate" crumb which played a pretty heavy role in this game.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Ryker
First off, PLSD's fake claim did the derailing, not your arguments, and secondly why would helping derail a scum lynch (and trying to derail the OTHER scum lynch) make you feel comfortable? And by the way I'm willing to discuss my play style right now, because it lynched one scum and set the background for the other one's lynch. How about we discuss your play style as well, with your refusal to scum hunt you set yourself up as an easy mislynch, and you were barely a presence. Additionally, you had all the wrong reads up until the final day and even then by your own confession you only voted Nabe because there was no other option.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Tbh, it worked out in towns favor that PLSD got lynched D1 that way we didn't have to deal with recruitment wifom the rest of the game.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Yeah, what did happen ended out working in town's favor, but that's thanks more to Reyth than Ryker, could you see July getting lynched at any point in the game?

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
I'll step in for a sec to make it clear, I don't endorse PLSD's jump into the thread.

Ryker called for the shot on July, and I'm 100% sure Reyth would say that he shot July because of the call for a vig shot, to complement a vig claim.

I tried to tell you guys he was a lynch yak...

:phone:

July

Smash Apprentice
Good game Town! Sorry PLSD and Nabe but after I died I was rooting for town : P

GG town.

Can someone clarify, was July actually scum? Because I only see two scum roles and **** me I thought she was town.
I started off as just Chuck Goodrich, town time traveller, and then I got masoned by KK (who were awesome to play in a mason with btw). After the PLSD lynch I got a pm from OS that I was possessed, and thus became a part of mafia...kind of. I had the same role as PLSD and their powers, but my wincon was last man standing so eventually I would have had to kill off Nabe as well. Of course I was only mafia a whole 24 hours before I was nk'ed, which might have been a bit of mercy considering balancing both qts would have probably gotten pretty damn confusing anyways. But it was a lot of fun : D

By the way, could we get the July/Kawaii masons quick topic?
http://www.quicktopic.com/46/H/De6ncLaQRv8rU

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Firstly

KUZ WHY DID YOU SACRIFICE YOURSELF TO SAVE NABE EVEN THOUGH YOU WERE AN URSURPER FFS!!! :mad::mad:

Wouldn't PSDL have lost if Nabe won solo in endgame? His win con said Nabe had to be dead... gorfdammnit play to your win condition fool :mad:

Other complaint... I HATE role names like Mafia Sorceress. We would of had a chance if PSDL had flipped Mafia Yakuza :/

Actions:

n0
Kawaii Kangaroo Masons with JULY

theKuzinator POSSESSES JULY

This was ****ed lol. I felt like we were in a pretty good position after PLSD's death, but July flipping scum (when she WAS town all of Day 1) screwed us over.

8. Vandy/J - Hiro Nakamura

Eh.... tough role. You gave up on D2 though, and were more than happy enough to bring attention to yourself on D1; hardly the right choice for an independent. I know you have experience with power roles, the both of you, and was surprised when I didn't see Vanderzant take the lead of town this game. I was equally surprised when I didn't see J buddy up with one or two players and use them to survive any onslaughts.

Play to your strengths, the both of you; everyone has their own natural 'feel' for the game, and this leads to common tendencies. I generally like making myself a target early on and weaseling out and getting information that way while simultaneously making myself less likely of a target in the future. Is this good play? For me it works, but not for others. But if I suddenly abandoned that in a game that called for it, I'd be handicapping myself by going against the grain. It's the same with you two and your own habits. Take control of them.

Nich is the perfect example of someone who plays to his strengths. Yes, this gets him in trouble a lot, but it also does good. He called scum on D1, pre-flip, and made them nervous. That's because he knows what he can do, and knows how to do it. Do the same! Take charge, buddy up, whatever it is you are good at, and improve on that aspect of your game over time.

Thanks for the advice. I'd like to point out we still put Nabe at L-1 after we claimed scum (without Nich alive might I add, we would of got that lynch if he was alive haha :p). That said, as obvious as PSDL's scum gambit was, it still boiled down to a bit of WIFOM... where as the person who we claimed Town Masons with flipped freaking MAFIA... I mean, any logicial person is going to act on our "lie", even though it was only a stupid half lie.

Being pushed to claim so early was ultimately what lost it for us (and the only real "bad" play we made, we stepepd it up after that). You're right though, J and I needed to take charge in the "first" Day 1, which we didn't.

The thing is though... like you said, attention is exactly what an indy doesn't want to bring onto himself. Mentally, I'm sure I was trying to go unnoticed (which I suck at and it never works for me as scum, Swiss give me tips :() and J just didn't post for the first few days because he thought I was holding it down... ha.

But after that I got my Town play on and led the Nabe wagon, which I felt pretty good about. Side Note: Nabe if you were Town you would of backed me up on Ran's role being Town. That was your biggest scum tell for me, you were utterly ******** about the mechanics, when you should know them better than anyone ;).

Even if July hadn't flipped scum, I think we would of lost eventually, most likely due to Reyth NK'ing us before we could figure him out. It's literally impossible to fake a role in an OS game... too many factors outside our control.

(Apologies in advance, but I couldn't resist.)

How I beat all of you:

Kawaii:
You being indy makes me :(. Seriously though, why on earth did you claim indy D2? You had a huge chance of getting Nabe lynched D2, with me being the NK (if you and July were the only remaining scum, why NK your biggest ally?), PLSD saving Nabe from the lynch, not to mention my huge case against Nabe D1. After a D2 Nabe lynch you'd have been mostly clear, as 4 mafia in a 13 man game is really unlikely. Your D1 play was great, but your D2 stuff really frustrated me, and I don't know why you played that way. :/
Town already had 2 "scum" flips. We were a massive question mark because of our claim with July. No reasonable Town is going to leave a question mark like that around.

I've thought about it and claiming indy was just about the only way we were going to get another lynch before our own.

Also, didn't July claim town mason? That was terrible play if she did.
You mean AWESOME PLAY by us :cool:

I was able to derail a lynch I didn't want to take place coming off extreme lack of presence in the game and that makes me feel pretty comfortable.
You didn't derail the scum Nabe lynch >.>. Ignoring PSDL's gambit, all you were doing was setting yourself up for a mislynch. If Nabe had been lynched you would of gone after him. It was just that every other scum was handed to town on a silver platter (July, then us, then Reyth) and then Nabe got screwed by PoE and claims.

I still want a play a game with you were you're an active presence, it sounds like fun :).

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Hey Vand, what changed your mind on joining the awesomeness that was the Nabe wagon? I'm curious.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Frozenflame doesn't get killed N1 anymore because he's more inactive than Ryker.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I know Gova, believe me, I know. If he was active and his old self I still think he'd be killed of N1. </off topic>.

By the way, OS, I'd like to thank you one last time for Fire Emblem. That hammered home the point about looking at motivation instead of just surface stuff, and was a driving factor behind a lot of my improvement. (But regardless, next time you're scum I don't plan on letting you destroy town so easily...)

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
I agree with No MVP, though I feel like Reyth should of won lol. Btw did the game end when Reyth killed his target? He seriously should of shot vg N1 haha.

The scum factions just ate each other alive. Reyth and ourselves played good in some ways, but made equally horrible mistakes.

For town, Nich had great reads but didn't have the influence to push them.

Swiss copy pasted my reads, but didn't do anything with them :p

SoupaKat had good reads, but they put themselves in a hole and it was only by their powers that they didn't get mislynched.

DeGrey was incredibly influential and could of been a massive threat to scum, but pushed in the wrong directions and ended up being somewhat of a help.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Hey Vand, what changed your mind on joining the awesomeness that was the Nabe wagon? I'm curious.
A lot was gut. He was very reactive. The conclusions he reached (while logical) were mostly pretty shallow and surface level "town" play.

Biggest red flag as I said was him not backing me up on OS mechanics. If he was town he'd never go for a SK/ran lynch after those claims.

Dude, I don't get to play games where I'm an active presence. I die waaaaaaaaay too fast.
How is a 3000 post long Day 1 too fast haha :p.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Heh. N1 happened 75% of the way through the game, post count wise. XD

By the way Vand, catch me on AIM sometime so we can chat about this game in more depth. :D (I'm on now, if you're available)

Kawaii Kangaroo

Smash Rookie
Btw Kat this was my planned first post of Day 2 had things gone according to plan during the Night. It's scary how in sync we are sometime O.O

---

Listen up Disco dancers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uN9QmIsb2bk&feature=related

He's still evil... He's still deadly... and he's still surrounded by frickin' idiots

You wanna be cool? You wanna be Groovy baby? Then boogie on down like it's 1969 to the Naaaaaaaabe wagon. It's shagalicous, YEAH BABY, YEAH!

I'm not claiming Austin Powers, however that role would of been way too amazing.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Wow, so I just looked at the role pms and this game seems to have a very unique set up. GG to OS for making such a cool game.

GG to anyone who actually had the time and dedication to playing in such a huge game.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Swords we need to play in a game again sometime. It's been too long :p

Nich I really can't get on aim atm because I have Uni work that needs being done (unless you've can help me with the Hardy Cross Method of Moment Distribution :p).

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Is it bad that I looked that up on wikipedia to see if I could figure it out? (And no, I could probably solve it if you just gave me the math equations, but I don't recall enough physics to get it to that point. :p)

And by the way, that D2 start post would have been hilarious, it's a pity PLSD got lucky with his pre game yak choice.

vanderzant

Smash Journeyman
Sadly, it's not the maths that's hard (just a couple tedious simultaneous equations). It's the engineering/physics component which is confusing... you randomly have to change signs after certain things, and it's ridiculous to try and maintain the correct sign convention throughout :(.

Lol we're really nerding out here :p

#HBC | Nabe

Beneath it all, he had H-cups all along
Can't breathe, but the view is equal to the taste
Nabe - You got backed into a corner. I wouldn't have flipped if there was a reasonably viable option outside of you.
Thanks.
Definitely a misstep on my part. I trusted that SK would be back D5 and thought I just needed to get rid of a possible counter role in Gova or Swiss.

OS, a bit of insight on your setup? Specifically I'm having trouble seeing how Donnie Darko might've viably hit his doomicide N4 when town had to limp to even get to N4 (the PGO suiciding also playing a factor in that potentially). Was town's hope riding on the doc to save old NKs?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Town Supporter would've made people ask questions when we certainly didn't want to tell anyone that we were a motivator.

:phone:

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Ryker, at the last minute I had doubts of you possibly being indy or something.

Also, yeah I didn't use my ability. I ... yeah I would have been totally off. I mean the only one I would have done well with was Nabe...

------

Also, about the breakdown. I only did that because Zen faked a guilty on me, wtf am I supposed to do? I put my life on the line.

In that game on Mafia Scum, I got mad for being bit for a stupid *** reason.

Top Bottom