• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TMNT: Smash Up. A fighter by Brawl developers

§leepy God

Smash Master
This game already has more potential than Brawl does. Its easily better due to the fact that you have to string combos together.
I wouldn't say that based on the demo of this game. I mean, we haven't seen all the characters and see the full balance of the game yet.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
^Agreed. While this obviously has plenty of potential (and according to IGN, far more emphasis on learning your character) with combos and weak/strong attacks to string together, we still need to see both the full roster and how the characters balance out.

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ This game needs to have a release date for Japan. I can't vacation over the US forever, I have to go back. D: ♥

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Very nice...

Really, this is shaping up to be excellent. But the first game I must get is Scribblenauts...

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ This game just sounds better and better. I'll risk it and give my hopes high for this game. ♥

Lovely

Smash Lord
isn't Mario Kart Wii's wifi coding the better one out of the other wii/ds wifi games?
♣ Depends on what you mean, FC system, Connection Speed, Gameplay Changes, Gameplay Rules, or Chat? To me, Mario Kart Wii would be the best Wifi game if it had better Gameplay Rules, and Chat. ♥

Clown Prince of Crime

Smash Rookie
Protip: April here is voiced by the original actress that voiced Ash Ketchum.

I'm not sure how many of you are familiar with the original TMNT comics (which are way more badass than all the cartoons and movies), but I'm hoping this character gets added in:

Bloodsucker

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for this game! I hope they give us a decent sized roster of characters. There are easily 50+ recurring characters they could choose from amongst all the TMNT universes. It's going to be really hard to pick a favorite character. Among the four turtles, I'll probably use Leo or Don the most, but beyond them... if they include the Mirage/2003 cartoon version of Leatherhead, then he'll probably be at the top of my list. They have to include a Triceraton too; hopefully they'll pick a unique one like Traximus or something. Ray Fillet would be great to see too. Ach, it's going to be a long wait for Comic-con. :(

So when are we going to get a Smash-up forum? :grin:

Lovely

Smash Lord
♣ I want to know this as well. Then again, this game come's in three months so he might be right, but it's not out yet so they shouldn't leak that much info this soon. ♥

nevershootme

Smash Master
♣ Depends on what you mean, FC system, Connection Speed, Gameplay Changes, Gameplay Rules, or Chat? To me, Mario Kart Wii would be the best Wifi game if it had better Gameplay Rules, and Chat. ♥
If you look at brawl, you have cases like input lag (which is a major issue in Brawl's online play), connectivity (i used nintendo wifi adapter and cable internet, and I still can't get one game using any mode, especially with friends at times). Chat (well that doesn't do much especially it's the wii, this isn't xbox live ya know). Gameplay rules should have been expanded (they wasted an extra 4.7 gigs for subspace and it's too mediocre).

Look at GGPO for the perfect example about utilizing fighting games for online play, this is what brawl should have been, but failed to do so... especially with using FC's (a form of P2P)

Mario Kart wii's online feature supposedly has methods of compensating lag abd still keeping the game up.

The TMNT cast for this game is handpicked by the creators of the series, mirage studios.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
What's not to like about this game at the moment? D=

I mean, it's not like it's going to replace Smash Bros or anything, lol.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
This game is gonna rock. It won't replace Smash, but people will use this as an excuse as to why Brawl is bad, just like what they are doing with Brawl+.

People just want a techy, wacky and awesome game with perfect wifi. That is how I see it with this.

Lovely

Smash Lord
This game is gonna rock. It won't replace Smash, but people will use this as an excuse as to why Brawl is bad, just like what they are doing with Brawl+.

People just want a techy, wacky and awesome game with perfect wifi. That is how I see it with this.
♣ Eh, Brawl+, it's like an awful disease that won't go away. I won't go too into that right now, you are mostly right when it comes to what they won't to be in Smash Up the reason why Braw Developers helpedl creaters was. ♥

But it's made by Brawl developers, doesn't that tell you something?
♣ It means it's going to score high because Brawl is a great game over all. That's what it's telling me. ♥

Tony_

Smash Ace
Brawl doesn't take much brain power to play compared to games such as SFIV. You could learn MK in about two weeks in Brawl and dominate tournaments.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
^Oh boy. Drop it. We'll put it this way - you are utterly wrong. Period.

kr3wman

Smash Master
It's the casuals' fault for having the money that Nintendo want.

It's capitalism system that makes Nintendo want money.

It's because bartering(?) was inconvenient that money was invented.

It's because people didn't want some things but wanted some other things that bartering was invented.

It's the notion of property that created need.

etc etc.

Pointing fingers won't solve anything.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Let's not debate. We still can't say if Smash Up will succeed anyway. It may just come down to personal tastes. If you are a Turtle fan, you just may buy it, whether you liked Brawl or not.

Top Bottom