• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

TMNT: Smash Up. A fighter by Brawl developers

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Seems like an odd choice to include only one of the turtles on the box. Especially since it's not even Leo.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if it's final or anything, but Raph is arguably the most popular turtle, so I'm not surprised they chose him.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I think Mikey would give him a run for his money (though Raph is my personal favorite).

Regardless, I was expecting to see four. We'll see what happens.

Tony_

Smash Ace
http://www.gonintendo.com/viewstory.php?id=85787

This potential box art hints at another possible character: Utrom in an exosuit. There's also someone under the "S", but I can't make out who it could be.
I don't think that's an Utrom in an exosuit. It maybe Stockman's armor from Vol.2. Then again, who knows. It MIGHT be Krang...

Ok I wish. But Krang would be awesome in either case.

As for the character under the "S", I am taking a shot as it being Karai.

Emblem Lord

The Legendary Lord
NNID
ShinEmblemLord
3DS FC
3926-6895-0574
Switch FC
SW-0793-4091-6136
♣ "Still doesn't get how Brawl is bad" >.< ♥
It's not bad from a casual stand point, but from a competitive stand point there are many things that cause several imbalances within the combat system, that make the game not only very boring, but also easy to play and full of easily exploitable stuff.

There are also blatant programming errors. Mostly hitbox stuff.

The most obvious example of this being Snake.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
I don't think that's an Utrom in an exosuit. It maybe Stockman's armor from Vol.2. Then again, who knows. It MIGHT be Krang...
It's definitely either Krang or an Utrom, you can see a little pink guy in the belly behind Raph's bandanna if you zoom in a little. Krang only had two tentacles, though, and this thing has four that I can see. Who knows, though. It would be awesome to get an Utrom and Krang in the same game!

Tony_

Smash Ace
It's definitely either Krang or an Utrom, you can see a little pink guy in the belly behind Raph's bandanna if you zoom in a little. Krang only had two tentacles, though, and this thing has four that I can see. Who knows, though. It would be awesome to get an Utrom and Krang in the same game!
Krang's suit would look vicious in this game. But yeah, having both Krang AND an Utrom in the game would be too good.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
I can't wait for this game to release, so that I can start smashing with my boy Raphael:) I know I'm goanna love this game, because I actually do enjoy playing turtles melee which came out for the game cube. It wasn't too great a game to many, but I love it. But this turtles smash up looks like it's going to be off the hook in my opionion. No one will see my Raph, I can't wait to master him. At least it looks like you can combo in this game, unlike brawl:urg: But brawl is still ok, but smash bros melee was the best! I hope the creators put Leatherhead in, I'd maybe pick up with him as a secondary. I smell defeat for my future opponents:chuckle:

SSJBowser

Smash Rookie
I can't wait for this game to release, so that I can start smashing with my boy Raphael:) I know I'm goanna love this game, because I actually do enjoy playing turtles melee which came out for the game cube. It wasn't too great a game to many, but I love it. But this turtles smash up looks like it's going to be off the hook in my opionion. No one will see my Raph, I can't wait to master him. At least it looks like you can combo in this game, unlike brawl:urg: But brawl is still ok, but smash bros melee was the best! I hope the creators put Leatherhead in, I'd maybe pick up with him as a secondary. I smell defeat for my future opponents:chuckle:

Hey bro, I like your confidence. But you know as the older brother I must down you in your place, so I'll be giving the beatens around here. Kidding.

Anyway I'd love to see Traximus and Agent Bishop. Many have already mentioned the Rat King, Leatherhead, and Usagi. I plan on using Leo, and maybe Traximus, Rat King, or Bishop if they get in.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
Just assuming for a moment that Tony was right about there being ~25 characters in the game, here is what I think we can expect as a reasonable character line-up. Note: it's sooo hard to narrow down the list, and I'm worried there won't even be this many characters. :(

HEROES
1. April
2. Casey Jones
3. Donatello
4. Fugitoid
5. Leatherhead
6. Leonardo
7. Michelangelo
8. Raphael
9. Splinter
10. Traximus
11. Usagi
12. Yoshi

VILLAINS
1. Armaggon
2. Baxter Stockman (brain in exosuit)
3. Bebop
4. Hun
5. Karai
6. Krang in exosuit
7. Metalhead
8. Rahzar
9. Rat King
10. Rocksteady
11. Shredder
12. Slash
13. Tokka

RUNNERS-UP
Baxter Stockman (fly)
Bishop
Complete Carnage
Gen (another Usagi character who has at least appeared in the 2k3 cartoon)
General Traag
Leatherhead (cajun)
Lieutenant Granitor
Mondo Gecko
Ninjara
Nobody
Radical
Ray Fillet
Renet
Savanti Romero
Sh'okanabo
Utrom in exosuit (if the pink dude on the box art isn't Krang)
Venus

Given this list, it's going to be really hard to pick a main character. Leo or Don will probably be my main turtle. Leatherhead will probably be my main non-turtle character. Of course, it all depends on how these characters handle too, but those are my initial guesses based on my favorite characters.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Mondo Gecko... I just added him as a runner-up.

EDIT x2: Added Complete Carnage, Radical, Renet, and Savanti Romero to the list of potential characters.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
That isn't too bad a list turtlefreak, it would be nice to see Bebop and rocksteady in:) I already know Raphael will be my main, he looks like a great comboing character when in close combat. Everyone will have to watch out for the awakening of my turtle destroyer:chuckle:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I wouldn't count on the roster being less than 20 characters, but I'll say it might not be more than 30 characters.

Tony_

Smash Ace
Just assuming for a moment that Tony was right about there being ~25 characters in the game, here is what I think we can expect as a reasonable character line-up. Note: it's sooo hard to narrow down the list, and I'm worried there won't even be this many characters. :(

HEROES
1. April
2. Casey Jones
3. Donatello
4. Fugitoid
5. Leatherhead
6. Leonardo
7. Michelangelo
8. Raphael
9. Splinter
10. Traximus
11. Usagi
12. Yoshi

VILLAINS
1. Armaggon
2. Baxter Stockman (brain in exosuit)
3. Bebop
4. Hun
5. Karai
6. Krang in exosuit
7. Metalhead
8. Rahzar
9. Rat King
10. Rocksteady
11. Shredder
12. Slash
13. Tokka

RUNNERS-UP
Baxter Stockman (fly)
Bishop
Gen (another Usagi character who has at least appeared in the 2k3 cartoon)
General Traag
Leatherhead (cajun)
Lieutenant Granitor
Mondo Gecko
Ninjara
Nobody
Ray Fillet
Sh'okanabo
Utrom in exosuit (if the pink dude on the box art isn't Krang)
Venus

Given this list, it's going to be really hard to pick a main character. Leo or Don will probably be my main turtle. Leatherhead will probably be my main non-turtle character. Of course, it all depends on how these characters handle too, but those are my initial guesses based on my favorite characters.

EDIT: Can't believe I forgot Mondo Gecko... I just added him as a runner-up.
No love for Savanti Romero or Renet? :p

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
THat last story in the TMNT comic with Renet and April kinda made me have a freaky image of Renet and April mating with Cockroaches...If you read the comics

I am not currently a fan of Renet.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
No love for Savanti Romero or Renet? :p
Yes, but I just don't think it's reasonable to think they'll make it into the game. I don't think we're likely to get Complete Carnage or Radical either. :(

I dunno, Savanti and Renet are probably more likely, but I think Carnage and Radical would be too overpowered.

EDIT: Ah, whatever, I'll add them all to the runners-up list anyway. :)

Tony_

Smash Ace
Yes, but I just don't think it's reasonable to think they'll make it into the game. I don't think we're likely to get Complete Carnage or Radical either. :(

I dunno, Savanti and Renet are probably more likely, but I think Carnage and Radical would be too overpowered.

EDIT: Ah, whatever, I'll add them all to the runners-up list anyway. :)
Yeaaaah Carnage has super human strength and stamina, and Radical has speed and long range attacks with flight. They would be busted.

Savanti would be a long range character with very little combos. He could use his spells as attacks mostly. Sure he DID have the Time Scepter for a short time, but he wouldn't have it on him.

Renet would be weird to make into a fighter, but it could be done. :p

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
I don't know about Renet being in this, but Savanti could be kind of cool. He would most likely just be slow but with powerful attacks.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Kinda like Ganondorf? ;)
Yeah I would say he'd be something like that. If Leatherhead does make the cut, hopefully he will be a character that can combo somewhat. Even though he would be a heavy character, I wait for this games release with much anticipation:)

§leepy God

Smash Master
Mind as well make a sub room for TMNT since I see the user name RaphealTMNT. :p

Seriously, this game looks like it's worth it, lets see how this game acts.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Haha I love Raphael, he's the best turtle. He is my favorite character of all time, although I like Batman alot too. When I play smash brothers melee or brawl my pen name has always been Raph:) It will be nice when comic con comes, I heard more will get reveald on this game at that time. From what I've seen so far, I'd say Donnatello looks the best, with Leo and Raph around the same for the 2nd spot. I guess we will see in time.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
He did win the Battle Nexus Tournament after all. But Leo was illegally poisoned during his match, so we all know he would have won.

RaphaelTMNT

Smash Apprentice
Mikey is pretty cool, but he is not better than Raph. He got lucky in the battle nexus tourny, if Raph had been focused he would have taken him down. If Leo hadn't been poisioned he most likely would have won, but I think raph would have a chance of beating him. Mikey is a good fighter, when he takes the battle serious. Raphael is most definately the best turtle:)

Smash_Gigas

Smash Lord
Raphael is most definately the best turtle:)
*Thumbs up*

From the looks of things, I'm really looking forward to using Raph and Shredder. Though once apon a time, Don was my favorite turtle. Then one day something just clicked with Raph. Beating the snot out of those Ninjas with Sais was just too cool. Plus, he wears a red bandana, which was my favorite color at the time.

SharkAttack

Smash Lord
I'm not sure who I'm going to main. I'd like to main Mikey and use Rising Thunder on everyone. What's not to love about the biggest pizza junkie of them all. If Chrome Dome makes the cut though I'll highly consider him as my antagonist.

Tony_

Smash Ace
We haven't seen Mikey yet, so chances are he might be up there.

If TF is any indication, Mikey will probably be the second best turtle, and Raph might get his tier spot back.

TurtleFreak

Smash Apprentice
:psycho:

I was only adding fuel to the fire. :bee:

It's way too early to think about tiers. I just wish we had something else to talk about. :ohwell:

Top Bottom