• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomafia 3 - Game Over, Town wins!

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Unvote: Omis?

I'm probably going to vote him again, but I definitely want to see what others have to say about omis' accusation now that he's elaborated a bit. 'Specially Stratford. By unvoting him, I don't need to worry about someone jumping in and lynching omis?, which would make Stratford an even bigger question mark tomorrow.

There's some parts in omis' post that I'm curious about, so another post from me soon.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Assuming Strat is mafia there would be no reason for him to post. With me almost on the edge of being lynched, waiting would be one of the safest options.
You could also say that he's a townie who thought you were the most suspicious and waiting for you to die. We're going to have to wait for his explanation to really go any further into this though. I think.

On day 2 it would be harder to vote for some whom has never been in the spotlight IMO. This is IMO what Stratford is probably aiming for.
I'm unclear. Do you mean that, by staying silent, he wouldn't be a target tomorrow?

In addition, Stratford he never really given a defending post of himself. Instead he does the childish thing and votes for the person who accused him.
I agree that it's weird that he hasn't defended himself, and I probably won't cast my vote until he posts because of it. However, I'm not so sure that he's doing it on purpose. This has been a pretty fast moving thread, and it's only been a day since he's last posted.

To reword why I'm voting you, it's cause I don't see how you're convinced that he's a mafioso lurking and waiting for you to get lynched when you could say the same thing about him being townie. So much so that you're voting him for it, anyway. If you were townie, I think you'd post what you did without the vote, then go after him with his response.

I'm leaning towards omis heavily, but it's essential that Strat gives his input. That's not to discourage others from posting cuz I wanna see what they think, but still, POST MISTER :mad:

Omis

my friends were skinny
You could also say that he's a townie who thought you were the most suspicious and waiting for you to die. We're going to have to wait for his explanation to really go any further into this though. I think.
If he was a townie though he probably would have posted an opinion on the matter like almost everyone else did.
I'm unclear. Do you mean that, by staying silent, he wouldn't be a target tomorrow?
He would probably be a little less suspicious than if he was really outspoken than wrong.
I agree that it's weird that he hasn't defended himself, and I probably won't cast my vote until he posts because of it. However, I'm not so sure that he's doing it on purpose. This has been a pretty fast moving thread, and it's only been a day since he's last posted.
Thats the primary reason why I am voting for him. When I was put under pressure, I responded with due force and in the process relieved the some of the doubt about my loyalty. He, however, has not done that yet. I was planning on withdrawing my vote for him if he started providing some input, but some far he has not done that.

To reword why I'm voting you, it's cause I don't see how you're convinced that he's a mafioso lurking and waiting for you to get lynched when you could say the same thing about him being townie. So much so that you're voting him for it, anyway.
Explained above.
If you were townie, I think you'd post what you did without the vote, then go after him with his response.
Pressure can work wonders in revealing character.

I'm leaning towards omis heavily, but it's essential that Strat gives his input. That's not to discourage others from posting cuz I wanna see what they think, but still, POST MISTER :mad:
If Stratford does not post a strong response by the end of the day, I will feel much more assured in his guilt.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
If he was a townie though he probably would have posted an opinion on the matter like almost everyone else did.

Thats the primary reason why I am voting for him. When I was put under pressure, I responded with due force and in the process relieved the some of the doubt about my loyalty. He, however, has not done that yet. I was planning on withdrawing my vote for him if he started providing some input, but some far he has not done that.

Explained above.

Pressure can work wonders in revealing character.

If Stratford does not post a strong response by the end of the day, I will feel much more assured in his guilt.
Assuming we're both townies, all of this seems to come down to our own playstyles and why Stratford hasn't posted, which we don't know yet. For example he supposedly prefers to vote on someone when questioning them to get a response, as opposed to me where I'd rather question them first, wait for the response, then either vote and go after the player or do something else. We're only sure of that in a Day 1, 11 man setting like we're in now though. It's more complicated than that but whatever, my point is that there's nothing left for me to say on these, and it's up to the others to interpret it for themselves.

He would probably be a little less suspicious than if he was really outspoken than wrong.
That first "than" kept me unclear :urg:

You say that he's been silent because he's a mafioso lurking and waiting for you to get lynched. However, if he was silent the entire time and you came up town the next day, he'd definitely be scrutinized for it and a top lynch candidate.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Assuming we're both townies, all of this seems to come down to our own playstyles and why Stratford hasn't posted, which we don't know yet. For example he supposedly prefers to vote on someone when questioning them to get a response, as opposed to me where I'd rather question them first, wait for the response, then either vote and go after the player or do something else. We're only sure of that in a Day 1, 11 man setting like we're in now though. It's more complicated than that but whatever, my point is that there's nothing left for me to say on these, and it's up to the others to interpret it for themselves.
I have to disagree with you here. Why would anyone not defend themselves at all?

You say that he's been silent because he's a mafioso lurking and waiting for you to get lynched. However, if he was silent the entire time and you came up town the next day, he'd definitely be scrutinized for it and a top lynch candidate.
Could you reword this? I dont think Im following.

We're only sure of that in a Day 1, 11 man setting like we're in now though.
You mean 9 man correct?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
He may just not have had time to sign on today...Finals are approaching alot of colleges...there are some more imporant things for some people :/ agreed with marshy, we should wait to see what he has to say

Omis

my friends were skinny
He may just not have had time to sign on today...Finals are approaching alot of colleges...there are some more imporant things for some people :/ agreed with marshy, we should wait to see what he has to say
Im not in college so I would not know, but could he just take ten minutes to write up why he is town?

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
I have to disagree with you here. Why would anyone not defend themselves at all?
When I said peoples' different playstyles, I was talking about yours and mine, not Stratford's. Like I said it's only been a day and I don't see how we're going to get any further on this part without Strat himself coming in and 'splaining.
Could you reword this? I dont think Im following.
Just gonna use quotes for this.

Omis said:
On day 2 it would be harder to vote for some whom has never been in the spotlight IMO. This is IMO what Stratford is probably aiming for.
Marshy said:
Omis said:
At this point I wasn't sure of what you were saying, but I figured you were saying something like "He would probably be a little less suspicious [On Day 2] if he was really outspoken than wrong [about lynching me/Omis?]". I was all "How would being outspoken about lynching omis? be less suspicious than being silent?" So I said
Marshy said:
That mighta made it even more confusing, but whatever.

You mean 9 man correct?
Yeah.

Man, we don't understand anything that the other is saying :urg::urg:

Ronike

Smash Ace
He was on at 8:42 this morning. Strat that is. I think he has had time to come on and at least say "I'm busy now, post later, please don't lyn ch me, kthxbai". But he hasn't. So yeah, maybe this will give you more of an inclination to get on

Vote: Stratty

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
I got the net back! Screw Verizon and their ****ty customer service.

I'm going to hang back and re-read for now and hope that Strat posts. If not I'll chime in later I'm sure.

Stratford

Smash Champion
Thanks Ronike, that did it. So here's my elaborate john I've been planning all day. So I had this term paper for my writing seminar class due at noon today but I'll be ****ed if I was gonna start it more than a few hours before it was due. So I set an alarm for 3 AM but when I woke up at 3 AM my bed was way to cozy so I set another alarm for 5 AM and went back to sleep. Well the funny thing is my bed actually felt even cozier at 5 AM so I set another alarm for 7 AM and went back to sleep. During these two hours I had a dream that one of the guys in my class named Peter who also lives on my floor informed me that the paper wasn't due at noon and it was actually due any time today. This was quite relieving, and when I woke up again at 7 AM only to realize my term paper was still due at noon, I was pissed off. So I finally got up and started reading the documents that I scanned to myself. I finished reading the documents at 8:41 AM and still didn't have much of an idea of what I was going to write about in my paper, so I decided to visit Smashboards. Surprisingly, I didn't find the inspiration I thought I would and next decided to falcon punch some level 2 foxes. At 9:15 AM, I got back to work on my paper. It soon became evident that I was not going to finish by noon. I kept the hope alive, and figured the professor might stay in his office until 3 PM and show me some sympathy. With my 3 hour extension I'd granted myself, I decided to take some time off to get a giant chocolate chip cookie and a Vitamin Water. I selected Tropical Citrus, and I stand by my decision. With the energy the cookie and the vitamins provided me I decided to Darkrain combo some level 9 foxes. They never picked up on the fact that if they would just DI the nair away I wouldn't have such an easy time kneeing them. Needless to say, it soon became evident that I was not going to finish by 3 PM, so my new goal became to finish before dark. That hope didn't last long, as it gets dark here at 4:30 PM. My paper was late and I couldn't think of anything else to write. I was quickly becoming demoralized, but what happened next was the stuff of legend. I heard Peter outside my room in the hall talking with some other floormates about an article that ranked the top 100 public high schools in the nation. As Thomas was complaining that his high school was only ranked 76th, I overheard Peter reassure him that even the highest ranked public school is still far below the caliber of the private school which he attended. There was something I had to ask Peter, so I ventured outside my room, hoping against hope that he would tell me our papers were actually due at any time today. Peter, who had turned in his essay that morning, informed me that there was a basket sitting outside the professors door for us to put our papers in, meaning that we could turn them in any time during the day. That's right. My dream actually came true. Literally. Go figure. Feeling great again, I got back to work on my paper, and made some progress. At 5:30 PM, Thomas came knocking on my door, wanting to get his Sheik *****. I obliged, and he left after one match. I got back to work, and I was on fire. My spelling was irreproachable, my logic was undeniable, and my sentences were interminable. I finished my thought provoking conclusion at 7:46 PM, and the bibliography was done by 7:57 PM. I gave it a proofread, admired how amazing I am, and printed it out. I arrived outside the professor's room at 8:12 PM, and found another one of my classmates was just turning in her paper as well. I returned to my room feeling unstoppable, and Thomas was back for more. I gave him a thorough *** beating and celebrated by going out and having a delicious victory feast. Since I'd only had a cookie since yesterday, I decided to go for breakfast. Eggs, sausage, tator tots, pancakes, donuts, milk, orange juice, and plenty of Tobasco sauce were some of the participants. I got back to my room at 11:30 PM and decided to check Smashboards. You didn't miss much by me not posting earlier today. If I had, it probably would've just been something along the lines of "I'm busy now, post later, please don't lynch me, kthxbai." True story.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Vote Count [5/9 to lynch]
Stratford (4): Omis, Rockin, Ronike, Marshigio

kill him kill him kill him kill him

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
So.

You had a term paper that was due today and you was completly busy?

While I understand that a term paper that was due, a quick post at least saying you was busy and that you promise to explain tomorrow or as soon as you was done. Eor wasn't busy, but he gave off a reason why he wasn't posting...I expected the same.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
So here's my elaborate john I've been planning all day.
That alone is bad enough. That is also one of the worst posts I've ever seen. We need to take out someone and seriously Stratford it might as well be you.

Vote: Stratford

Ronike

Smash Ace
Dude, say you were busy all you want. You played several matches of smash. Smash =/= term paper. Smash = fun. Mafia = fun. Therefore, by laws of transitive property, smash = Mafia, and thus any sentence containing a variation of the phrase: "I took a study break to play smash" can be replaced with "I took a study break to play Mafia" And Actually, I was only the third vote on you, leaving one more now that marshy has voted yo. Nice try.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
Vote Count [5/9 to lynch]
Stratford (5): Omis, Rockin, Ronike, Marshigio, Matunas
Omis (3): Eor, MexicanBJ, Stratford,
Not Voting (1): junglefever

---

The chefs gather 'round and begin to accuse each other.

"You were the one who wanted to put that crazy flour in the cake!"

"Are you kidding? The icing was hard as a rock!"

"The chocolate did him in! Poor Pliski... I mean, the King!"

"Gentlemen," the voice of reason breaks through, "it was the poison, not the ingredients! Let us think our first lynch through."

And so the group decides that Stratford will be the first to eat from the poisoned cake. He makes excuses, but finally takes a bite. "This is pretty good cake.... graaaaahahghhgg"

With his last breath, he curses the town.

Stratford (mafia goon) has eaten from the cake!

Day 1 ends! Good job town!

Night 1 begins! All night actions are due in 48 hours.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
whoa......i go to study the whole day and ****, a ****load happens....

oh well.....

good job guys!

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
As you all celebrate the death of an undercover mafia agent in your friendly circle of chefs, you gather back around the table and chat about plans for tomorrow. You all sip from your nightly glasses of water, discussing what went right yesterday.

Suddenly, one of you falls out of his chair and begins to seize on the ground. You all rush over to him.

"His water was poisoned!"

"It's the work of the mafia!"

"Unlucky, too, because I was almost positive this person was a townie!"

Marshy (vanilla townie) has been poisoned at night!

Day 2 begins!
With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

Ronike

Smash Ace
I'm more suprised it was a 12 hour night! Yes! I can get info. Hang on, I will be posting soon.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
yea....same here, this guy is good...

who do you guys think it is?

here's my first thought, doesn't it pretty much HAVE to be someone who DIDN'T vote for stratford in the first round (ok i know this is kinda stupid cuz i'm one of them but that's my first honest reaction)

Ronike

Smash Ace
No, it doesn't need to be unfortunately. Thats a very common mafia strategy: If one of your own is going down, take the hammer vote. That way you look innocent.

Anyways, my plan failed, I was trying to look at all the user's activity times in hopes that someone had been inactive the whole time, and thus be someone we could eliminate from being mafia, but everyone was active. Curses, foiled again. Anyways, I have a ton of HW this weekend, so I prolly wont be too active... Sorry.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
killing one of our senior members eh? interesting turn of events, never thought marshy would be the one to die...

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
First of all, something seems pretty weird about Marshy's alliance

Take a Look at Marshy's name

X. Marshy (vanilla townie) was poisoned Night 1.
And then take a look at the games from other Town Mafia games

Sign-ups[/U]

X. Handorin - Nightkilled Night 1 (Town aligned)
2. tmw_redcell - Survived to endgame
3. McCloud - Survived to endgame
X. Eor - Lynched Day 3 (Mafia aligned)
X. Lance87 - Lynched Day 2 (Mafia aligned)
X. Marshigio - Nightkilled Night 2 (Town aligned)
X. spam_master - Lynched Day 1 (Town aligned)
Doesn't it seem kinda odd that Marshy's town align color is blue while others in past games are green? I would like to say that Marshy was possibly a serial killer disguised as a vanilla townie. That's, according to the guideline, is what the color of Serial Killer is. If that's the case, then the Mafia did our job of finding a Serial Killer

Now...what to lead on can be a different story. We're still not sure about Omis...and even though Eor has voted our now mafia off, he hasn't been contributing. Hopefully starting today it'll be a different story.

Omis

my friends were skinny
First of all, something seems pretty weird about Marshy's alliance

Take a Look at Marshy's name

And then take a look at the games from other Town Mafia games

Doesn't it seem kinda odd that Marshy's town align color is blue while others in past games are green? I would like to say that Marshy was possibly a serial killer disguised as a vanilla townie. That's, according to the guideline, is what the color of Serial Killer is. If that's the case, then the Mafia did our job of finding a Serial Killer
Good lead lets see if we can find more clues like these.
.and even though Eor has voted our now mafia off, he hasn't been contributing.
What are you implying? Eor voted for me not Strat.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
What are you implying? Eor voted for me not Strat.
Oh, sorry. I kinda forgot who voted for who. lol

What I mean is that Eor wasn't contributing post here and there like we was. I'm just hoping with a Mafia down, we can see of what Eor says. Never know. Might give us some ideas.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
One thing is kinda certain

We got TWO Mafia's in this game...and if my hunch is correct, we had a Serial Killer as well.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
wait, im kinda confused

can someone explain the role and significance of a "serial killer" and why again you guys think Marshy was one

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
wait, im kinda confused

can someone explain the role and significance of a "serial killer" and why again you guys think Marshy was one
A Serial Killer is a role where they can kill at night. Their main objective is to make sure they themself is the last one left alive. That means They're neither Mafia or Towny. They're te rogue of the group.

Well technically, acorrding to the rules/style they have here in mafia.

Green - pro town
Red - pro mafia
Blue - Neither

Like the host explains, when a person dies, their aliance is shown after death. If it's green, it's pro townie. If it's red, it's pro mafia. We Lynched a person yesterday and their allign showed they were pro mafia. The Mafia killed Marshy. While it said 'vanilla townie', the color showed blue...not green.

Blue = serial killer.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Um, I think he just put his name in blue... I've seen serial killers be purple, red, orange, just about every color here. There isn't a set color and I wouldn't count on that there hunch.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
ok lets bring discussion to where it matters..who would kill Marshy? does anyone want to go back and look thrugh 11 pages of ****?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Um, I think he just put his name in blue... I've seen serial killers be purple, red, orange, just about every color here. There isn't a set color and I wouldn't count on that there hunch.
Right, 'others' have. I was just making reference as to Tom's past Mafia games, that's all. Just felt it was weird...

so. Now what do we do?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
well, i think we list out the people who are left and figure out what we know

Eor
Matunas
BJ
Junglefever
Rockin
Omni?
Ronkike