• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Tomball Monthlies; second monthly coming early March?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
What, Green Greens will stay, so everyone will just counterpick me to that stage and I'll get killed by the stage? *dies a little on the inside*

Anyways, I'll definitely try to come and bring the people that usually ride with me. :)

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Bleh, it's not fair to have a stage that hates you though. Especially a stage that drops bombs on you. Like, it literally targets me. If anyone counterpicks it on me, I'll hate that person forever and ever. :)

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
@SETH -Hey, fatty fatty FATS here.

For the tourney, as requested, I will bring my comp for brackets. What program do I need for that?

Also, I will make myself readily available to pass out any and all fliers to any and all Game stores in and around our area to promote the tourney.

Yup.

@Hiza/WEMP/SETH - I know I won't be here coming mid January, but in the meanwhile I will do whatever I can to get this place going.

PoopooNanny.

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, bro!

Their site is down right now for the download, but I will keep trying back.

CY

Smash Ace
sethlon, what do you think the turn-out for this upcoming tournament will be? beaumont will probably be interested in coming. this on the 3rd and the following week FS5 = epic.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
I'm not sure what the turn out will end up being...Dojo, Hylian and Infinity/Fogo are looking at coming. This might end up being the only Houston tourney in January, so that should be incentive for Houston people to come :)

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
Also want to add that there will be a full selection of sports bar like food, including wings, and whatever else goes with that. also for 21+ yo, there is a bar.

I have also contacted Aksys games ( makes of the guilty gear series ) in aquiring an arcade version of their newest game Blazblue. a new 2d fighter, which looks amazing. We will also see if we can get a permanent Rock band 2 set up there, along with a giant tv ( which we convinced the owner to be a CRT tv so we can use it on grand finals ) with the newest madden there. ( i personally dont care for madden, but the boss wants it so if anyones interested ).

so yeah, everyone prepare for January 3rd!
woah woah woah....

is a full bar?

Can I party with the Captain?

No mountain will be too high no valley will be too wide.....

AND Blazblue?

I think I shed a tear of joy....

G@BE

Smash Lord
It's like you people forget about the stage striking system. If you don't want to play on those two stages you never have to.

Edit: I wonder if Sethlon left RC off the stage list just so I would argue with him LOL.

I swore to never attend a tournament with RC banned :(.
I miss your old Kirby Icon >_<

change it backkk i demandssss itttt >_<

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
I called NERD, they got down all the information and said whenever we open they can ship out cases like overnight!

Also emailed Aksys again. hoping within a few days to receive a call from them.

we need as many people as possible for our opening, so if anyone has questions cantact any of us. if need be i can house 1 person at my place. ALSO, recent update there is going to be a bon fire/party at our friends house after the tournament, only rule aside from no drugs is that you cant stay there, so sleep in your vehicle or something, but yeah he's leaving for the marines the fifth so thisll be his last tourney ( and first, lol ) and last party.

Mr. Orion, Hiza and I also confirmed atleast three more people for the tournament ( Mr. orions neighbor kids, theyve actually gotten decent since last i played him )

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
@SETH, hey man, I am still having a very difficult time downloading the tio program for brackets.
The link is still down.

Do you know where else to get this program?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Eh, it's working when I tried. Try downloading again. :)

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Finding? I think you mean RUNNING, bro.

Anyway, TIO was found, so that is out of the way for the 3rd. Thanks, WEMP for the super-duper rediculously fast help.

I think the bar is going to be open. Unless, of course, there is some sort of illeagal thing about having a bunch of underage kiddos goofing around the bar.

But if there is a bar, someone might have to take over brackets later in the day as I gets more drinks in me.

JK. But seriously.

Don't drink and bracket.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well, underage people should be allowed as long as they don't drink anything alcoholic. You always see young kids at like TGIFriday's and Chili's and they have a bar. But then again, those are restautrants...so yeah, don't try ordering beers, Razer.

Also, I wouldn't mind running the bracket if people are going to be drinking. I rarely drink anyways. :)

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Razer, you can come. But, no booze for you. You will just have to settle with kicking out all the scrubs out of the tournament.

Are you going to come?

heytallman

CTALL
Well, underage people should be allowed as long as they don't drink anything alcoholic. You always see young kids at like TGIFriday's and Chili's and they have a bar. But then again, those are restautrants...so yeah, don't try ordering beers, Razer.

Also, I wouldn't mind running the bracket if people are going to be drinking. I rarely drink anyways. :)
Dave, I would love to see you drink/drunk. It would be hilarious!

Also, I am picturing Razer going up to a bar and trying to order something. Also hilarious!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Rumor has it that I'm a nice drunk. But who knows, lol. :)

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust

we already have Mr. orion for brackets :p

just a note to everyone try to bring friends or crews etc. as stated multiple times before, we need as many people to come as possible.

edit - anyone planning on staying for after party?

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
HA!
@HYLI, cool man. The more big name players, like yourself, we can get, the better.
@rockettrainer, the place is technically a restaurant. Also, I am not actually going to be drinking while doing the brackets.
@heytallman, hell yes, that would be hilarious!

Sweet new avatar, WEMP!

Mr_Orion

Smash Apprentice
OMG, WEMP.

That would be perfect! I really wish I could do that, but I gots to play it straight.
BTW, do I need to factor in skill levels, or jsut do a purely random bracket?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
For the ideal tournament, it's best to seed it. You don't want to have two good people going against each other first round. It sucks if you get someone good first round and you just started playing Brawl, but it's just incentive to get better so you get a better seed higher next time. You can think of seeding as a reward system of sorts. :)

heytallman

CTALL
Seeds tend to happen both by skill and by location. You wouldn't want people who play on a daily basis to meet first round in bracket, that would be messed up. But location shouldn't be everything, skill is probably the most important part of seeding. Just get a few knowledgable people together to help seed it, it will work better. People like Sethlon, Rockettrainer, and Furbs (people with a lot of tournament experience and who KNOW the players' general skill levels) could help with this.

❀W.E.M.P.❀

Mote Of Dust
@Mr. orion - hiza and i already decided that like multiple days ago. and the sethlon jason thing wasn't a joke >.>.

incentive is right. first two tournaments first rounds i've gotten Bear and melee1. link never stood a chance :'(

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Yeah, I'll help run the bracket/announce matches, so there will definitely be seeding.
And I'm not old enough to drink, so I won't be drunk either T_T

Top Bottom